• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
bean a while since ive been on these forums didn't know there were mh3 players here.
my chars name is Zefiro and id is AD9DEH. current hr is about 105 or so.

for weapons i use hammers, sns, and sa and am currently working on making lances as ive already made all the hammers, sns, and axes i could want.

for armor i always use helios mixed with vengis boots and gem in skills i feel like using(evade +1/+2, focus, tremor resistance, etc depending what i will be hunting.)

i'll help anyone that needs it and im up for hunting any monster even great jaggi as i still need agold crown from him.
Work today, and I work nightshift, so I may not meet your timetable, but I'd love to play.

I've got all the SA/LS/GS I could want (except upgrading hoarfrost/sharq blade, meh), so I'm in the same boat. Pretty much making a gun set.

BUT WAIT I CANT BERCAUSE JHEN+ ISN'T IN TOWN ****

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
i can play at most times. it usually depends on the day as on weds im usually stay at school for a while as i have an afternoon/evening class and on saturdays im sometimes gone for most of the day as i go out to play yugioh at a local card shop. most other days i can play at most times.

i looked at some of the guides posted on the first page. on the switch axe one it says not to use the rathian set against lagi and what not because of elemental resistances. tbh elemntal resistances dont really matter and most elemental attack are easy to dodge and the monsters movements warn you when they are about to use it. though you still shouldn't use rathian+ when you can just overforge peco armor and gem in evade+2 or make peco+ and be more helpful to the team.

i'll probably be on later today.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Rath/+ is terrible. (Ian, that is)

Pretty much... Los good, that's it from those two dragons.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
i think overforged los armor is better then los+ as id rather have AuM then minds eye and you shouldnt be bouncing in the first place. you only lose 2 slots and get critical eye+1 instead of +2 which you could just gem in or use a charm to add it back in or gem in AuL.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
i think overforged los armor is better then los+ as id rather have AuM then minds eye and you shouldnt be bouncing in the first place. you only lose 2 slots and get critical eye+1 instead of +2 which you could just gem in or use a charm to add it back in or gem in AuL.
Yep that';s what I meant. Really at endgame though, Vangis>All EXCEPT:

Escadora for Tenebra/Sinistar Saint's eva/Awaken set
Lagi/Vangis set for Awaken/Damage set for Tenebra/Sinist Saint
Baggi/Mask for Cap Expert
Vangis/Leather Pants mix for Adren+2
Heliosmix for HGE/Sharp/Eva+1(And WE+2 if I ever get that helios body+ so I can use earing) for a "Ninja Set" (Aka dodge and ****"

Aside from those 5 sets, which are fairly situational, Vangis>All for LS, SA, GS, heck prob SnS and Lance(eva) too. Gun of course, follows Blos/Uurugan.

All this to say, Vangis rules ;)

I can't get Fsmash to work btw.. ;/

Gah777

Smash Lord
Aside from those 5 sets, which are fairly situational, Vangis>All for LS, SA, GS, heck prob SnS and Lance(eva) too. Gun of course, follows Blos/Uurugan.
Vangis is an amazing set for general attacking purposes, but there are some more weapon-specific sets that outclass Vangis in certain cases. HG Earplugs is great on LS, Hammer, GS, and even SA. Focus and Crit Draw are also amazing on Hammer and GS. For SnS I'd go with some mix of Bnahabra/Barioth or Lagiacrus/Barioth depending on if you're Elemental SnSing or status SnSing. For Lance I'd go Barioth/Agnaktor or some combination to get Evade+2 and Guard+2. Evade Dist up is also great for SnS and Lance as these weapons are built for mobility and constant damage racking rather than power hits. Vangis is great as a general "do-all" set but some of the better skills are rather hard to gem in, if not impossible.

I can't get Fsmash to work btw.. ;/
Hrm...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yea, but you need an epic talisman usually. I'd really like a Bnab build for para la though

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
can someone just give me an inv to the at fsmash.org. also i've FINALLY reached HR 50 and almost ready to fight alatreon for the first time.

Gah777

Smash Lord
When I log on I have a Monster Hunter Tri 3 chat open, but I forgot how I got there and whatnot :/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sucks, I can't figure it out either. Also, anyone know a great set that offers Status up, Sharp+1, any other good skills, for Shadowbinder?

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
eh how about we use AIM instead? if yes what time should we get together cause i don't want to get blown up by alatreon on my first try.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Alatreon isn't that bad. Then again, you're talking to a "Cheap" player who SBed him for Skypiercers. 2 Tenebra D's with two Sleep knifers can own him :3. I'm off today, if you want too, but my girlfriend is working, and she is quite epic at this game.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I really like fighting Ala for the fun, but when it comes to farming him, Sleep Bombing is probably more efficient (although more expensive and resource consuming). I really like Para-Hammering him (2 Para LSers and 2 Hammerers)

I even took on Jho solo. 2 traps, 5 bombs total (LBB &LBB+), no Sleep weps or food (Para, Poison, or Sleep meat for Jho). I used my custom Lance set (Sharpness +1, Guard+2) and it took me roughly 45 min. I think I died once or twice and ended up capturing him. It was quite the challenge.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
sry but i don't sleep bomb infact i only use the switchaxe and don't really plan on using anything else. but yea AIM is XxGiga4xX so if you're planning on helping me go ahead and send a message.

EDIT: though for farming him. you guys wouldn't mind sleep bombing him while i just goof around until he's dead? :3

Gah777

Smash Lord
Eh... Sleep bombing is kinda precise. You'd need to at least have bombs & materials to make them and possible Sleep Shots and materials to make them for Gunners. Sleep Bombing requires a team effort to go as smoothly as possible.

But, luckily it's not the only way to farm Ala :3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Eh... Sleep bombing is kinda precise. You'd need to at least have bombs & materials to make them and possible Sleep Shots and materials to make them for Gunners. Sleep Bombing requires a team effort to go as smoothly as possible.

But, luckily it's not the only way to farm Ala :3
Too SB, you need bombs, but your weapon doesn't matter. It's not too hard to get Scatterfish and bombs though.

Though..we don't HAVE to break his horns. Jus' sayin'.

Also, nice Deviljho solo run ^^.

Gah777

Smash Lord
You need at least 2 people with sleep weapons. The more sleep weps you have the smoother it goes. If everyone carries enough bombs and materials to make LBB+ to sleep bomb him 5 times (I think that's enough to kill him, I haven't actually done it in forever >.<). Otherwise if people don't bring materials, run out, or start using regular LBBs things aren't going to go as smoothly. Then you need some sort of team coordination to decide what you're bombing (one guy may want the wings, and another may want the horns and things get f'd up) and who detonates the bombs and how.

Yes, breaking the horns isn't necessary, we could just kick his *** the good old fashioned way :3

And thank you. You should try it out sometime. I tried soloing Ala a few times, it didn't turn out so well. He just kept running around and flying around. I didn't lose by deaths, he just timed me out >.>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, he turns into a little ***** in the air.

As for Sbing, I usually do 2 Knifes and 2 tenebra Ds (good ones, or SA's, whatever) Usually takes about 13~15minutes with competent people. Notice the adjective there.

Actually working on Blos/Uuru armor for Bowgun, even though I can't make the best Bowgun ever until Jhen+ comes back. (Thundacrus frame+ Jhen+Cannon/Stock=EPICCCC), but at least the armor will be ready.

Using 2 hammers/para LSER(ME!) on Uuru.

2 Headshots from hammer > Pitfall > Stun in pitfall > para > stun in pitfall > para as soon as he gets out.

So. Epic.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i'm planning on attacking alatreon tonight at about 8 pm EST. who wants to join me? o and don't forget to contact me on AIM XxGiga4xX

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I lackAIM buddy, but I'd join.

Give me a room/place and me/my girlfriend could join.

nvm, can't be on in a few hours ;/

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'd love to help but I'll be in class at that time and I also lack AIM. What about Skype? It's free and you can do chats and stuff (idk about how many people can be on one chat tho).

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
yea i have skype. Giga_Koopa. actually i can do it now.

i'll be in experts > veterans 2 > city gate 38 > City 40.

o yea and once you do come in make sure you tell me who you are on smashboards so i know you're not a random. one just came in but left.

EDIT: sorry guys but i already killed him. it took us about 2 tries but he finally died. but don't worry there's always farming him. fortunetly for me i got a gem on my first try. :D

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah, gems are suspiciously easy to get, even though they only have a 2% drop rate. Horns on the other hand have a 12% drop rate and yet seem so much harder to get >.>

I could probably get on for a little while tonight, say 8:00PM (GMT, or Western time, or whatever) or so if anyone's down. I don't really need anything but I can help out with farming and hunting for fun is, well, fun.

I play a female character, named "Furry" around HR 130ish or something (haven't been on in a while so I kinda forget, lol)

On Skype I'm gah.furry

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Furry? Lolllll that's a cute name :3

I work an 8hour shift today, but yeah, trying to get Uuru gems for a gunner set and I'm like 1/35...ridiculous. My friend is going 0/40 on a Rath plate as well. Bad luck can suck sometimes.

Gah777

Smash Lord
You still on? Send me a message via Skype @ gah.furry or Gah Furry (whichever one works).

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i added ya on skype and now i'm using the player search to find ya and i keep putting your name in but i'm getting nothing.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Haha sorry, I was kinda preoccupied with Smash and I didn't hear Skype make any sounds so I just kept on smashing :/

Are you going to be on tomorrow? I have more time to hunt then.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I would love too if I didn't work >Insert sad face<.

Still no Rathalos plate for my buddy ; ;.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Backlash and I are at work, but we are farming so many Los...... (with my gf)

Top Bottom