• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Modset4.2] Open BrawlBox/Lib Development Thread [PW's SSS support(PAT0 editing)]

wildvine47

Smash Ace
If I were to index all of the images in my sc_selmap (including new ones), would I be able to put in enough of everything (names, icons, marks, prevbases, the whole shebang) for 37 stages?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
It probably depends how many colors you use when you index them. If you use 256 colors and don't resize anything, it probably won't fit. But SSK (above) got it working by also resizing the prevbases. Replacing MenSelmapMarks with 4x4 black squares is another option.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Indexed was prevbase (as well as resized) and icons, when I tried indexing the names, it corrupted them upon placing them in the file. Then the logos and game titles were just straight exported and multiplied.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Okay. I was replacing with mine and wasn't sure what to index.

Noticed you added stuff so we can have all different series icons. That's just sweet. :peach:

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't planning on leaving anything out xD

And thx, took a hell of a long time but I'm satisfied :D

I'll make sure to update when we crack how to add pages and could have up to 255 customs :O

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post buuuuut.....

Introducing my Custom Stage Starter Kit!!! :D

It includes 37 placeholder icons, previews (prevbases), names, logos (aka "marks"), and game titles (aka the other "marks") and all you have to do is replace them and you're set!

The file size is way below the limit (984 kb) so no need to worry about that anymore :awesome:

Also included is a second sc_selmap with custom "Change Page" icons made by RandomTBush (if you don't want me to have that included just tell me and I'll remove it) and also special thanks to him for his sc_selmap.pac which had my problem fixed so I ended up using it.

TL;DR: http://www.mediafire.com/?o4tvec4dueo7otq
Is there any way to make this work with Asfink's Swirling Blue SSS? Or would I have to do this by myself? Also, how do you open pat0 files in this? I can't even see a file or option for it anywhere

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
You don't have to do anything for PAT0, I handled all of that, you only have to replace the images that end with 32-49 and 61-79 (just resize the MenSelmapPrevbase's to 88x88 and index them before replacing)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Also included is a second sc_selmap with custom "Change Page" icons made by RandomTBush (if you don't want me to have that included just tell me and I'll remove it) and also special thanks to him for his sc_selmap.pac which had my problem fixed so I ended up using it.
Sure, you could use it, although I honestly threw 'em together in a couple of minutes. At least it has a really small palette and therefore takes up less space. Every byte counts, after all. :p

I'll make sure to update when we crack how to add pages and could have up to 255 customs :O
A few months back when (buggy) PAT0 was available, I tried expanding the MDL0 for MenSelmapPos, as that's what I thought would allow more icons per page, at least. Even with that, it still crashed after adding more than 37 icons per page, so the limit must be hard-coded somewhere...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You don't have to do anything for PAT0, I handled all of that, you only have to replace the images that end with 32-49 and 61-79 (just resize the MenSelmapPrevbase's to 88x88 and index them before replacing)
Ok but would the swirling Blue background still be there? And I can't download your pack, it says the source can't be read when I click the download on the mediafire page

Edit: Nevermind it works now, but still would the swirling blue background still stay if I just replaces this .pac file in the common5?

EDIT: Also why would we need to resize the images? Can't we just use the same size as the other preview pictures?

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure everything's in MiscData[80] so that wouldn't work, and exporting PAT0 files would not let you import them back in because they're RAW data files. But as far as the SSS, idk, maybe ask Asfink to make it with my sc_selmap?

And resize the images to stay away from the filesize limit of course.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure everything's in MiscData[80] so that wouldn't work, and exporting PAT0 files would not let you import them back in because they're RAW data files. But as far as the SSS, idk, maybe ask Asfink to make it with my sc_selmap?

And resize the images to stay away from the filesize limit of course.
So maybe I could just export MiscData[80] from your sc_selmap and import it into the SSS I Have? Were there edits in any other places that were needed?

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the custom background and animations and stuff is also in the MiscData[80] so that would just replace yours completely

cmart

Smash Lord
So maybe I could just export MiscData[80] from your sc_selmap and import it into the SSS I Have? Were there edits in any other places that were needed?
I've had success doing this with the Brawl- SSS and RandomTBush's pack, so I imagine it would work in your case as well.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I've had success doing this with the Brawl- SSS and RandomTBush's pack, so I imagine it would work in your case as well.
Good to know, problem is I can't get get the file size below 1.18MB and that's without having any custom images for the expanded roster stages, I've already compressed the stage previews for the normal stages to 256 colors and everything too

Damn, I've got Riivolution, isn't there some way to get around the file size limit?

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Everything in my file was already shrunk, if thats what you're using. But can't imagine whats making it jump to that size O_o

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Everything in my file was already shrunk, if thats what you're using. But can't imagine whats making it jump to that size O_o
Well I'm re-sizing all my stage preview pictures to 88 x 88, it's making a huge difference so far, but the quality is crap, eh not like it matters much, this should do it, I'll post later about my success or failure

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ok it failed big time, I switched over the miscdata[80] and made sure all the images for the stages I had before were replaced by the same number, but when I went to the SSS, the big preview image of the stages were all different than small ones despite having the same number, and on top of that, all the stage roster expanded stages still had all battlefield small icons, and the big ones all had the big preview image of delfino plaza

So yea, it didn't work out for me...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
No, still has larger preview images and stage names all out of place, most of your pre-made images for the expanded roster system show up except for:

STGCUSTOM_11 - has temple big preview
STGCUSTOM_12 - has Yoshi Island Melee preview
STGCUSTOM_24 - has nothing for the image
STGCUSTOM_25 - has battlefield big preview

Also some regular stages now have blank previews, I guess maybe I can try to guess at where these all go but it's like one big puzzle, gonna take some time, I appreciate the effort but I'll just stick with the battlefield images for now

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
I took a look at it and the only messed up thing was the PAT0 values which started skipping all over the place and some deleted. I replaced with the MiscData[80] from my file so test this one and tell me how you see your sss: http://www.mediafire.com/?g9ubg2u440zdzsu

PS: This one doesn't have any of your custom images, I just want to see if it shows up correctly, if it does, just replace all the images in that one instead

EDIT: W00t! 100th post :D

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I took a look at it and the only messed up thing was the PAT0 values which started skipping all over the place and some deleted. I replaced with the MiscData[80] from my file so test this one and tell me how you see your sss: http://www.mediafire.com/?g9ubg2u440zdzsu

PS: This one doesn't have any of your custom images, I just want to see if it shows up correctly, if it does, just replace all the images in that one instead

EDIT: W00t! 100th post :D
I'm actually in the process of replacing miscdata[20] in the selmap you made with the swirling blue SSS(the background image and animation are actually in miscdata[20]) and replacing just the textures in the miscdata[80]

Since I'm about halfway done, I'm gonna continue this and see if it works, if it doesn't then I'll try what you said, give me about 10-15 minutes and I'll post results for both tests

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

I got it to work with the method I mentioned, though Super Smash Kid's most likely would have also worked, good, now I have to take a crapload of pictures and edit them

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Okay, is anyone interrested in my animation porting idea? It requires adding a flash animation program to the brawlbox lib, or maybe just a seperate program alltogether with a similar structure to BB.

It's not that hard, if you know how to code, just getting it to work might be hard :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There are some people who are interested, it's just there are things that have higher priorities.

Since PAT0 editing is functional, I wonder what's next for the modset.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Could you please add the ability to edit ARGBPixel[]Array? It's in the colors part of the mdl0 from what I've seen.
That would be nice a feature!

You could change the colors through hexing, however the values are not always the same.
Some mdl0's have diffrent values than shown in Brawlbox.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Actual dragging of bones?
Or a undo/redo function in the animation editor?
You mean dragging to change translation? I think that'd be useful. There should be a toggle between Translation, rotation, and off so the bubble doesn't get in the way of the view.

And some different interpolation settings would be nice

Top Bottom