• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Mr.C

Smash Master
I havnt been sick since like i was 7 years old................oooo pwned!

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
Strong deffence ofcourse! When I rolled my saving throws I rolled all 20s! Its easy to see to see you did the same. I just had to do less checks vs infection. Thats why I get to brag. Next MO4ST will have RPG stats!

Mr.C

Smash Master
So essence and what not....are you coming to Converse on Friday?

Lep- You should waddle ur way to Converse too....if u want? maybe this weekend if v-town comes.

Bluk

Smash Apprentice
Man ive been sick (yeah me too) and while i was at moast my brother fried my computer so while im at school lemme try to make some shoutouts.

Young Danny (matt)-thank you SO MUCH for the housing.You are too nice and it was so ausome at your house.

Hugs-ALMOST won the money match. you were one of my favorite people there and a really nice guy.

Straight-Wow your yoshi is good.Your were also really cool.

Wolf-you cool too

Ken - Wow you were really cool and just really nice the whole time. Thanks for all the free matches it really helped me improve.

SSJ4Isai - Amazing (I need say no more)

Arash- wow that bowsers good. you were really funny and cool

Lep-Heh you funny

Smiles-**** you gettin good

Zulu-Didnt talk to you that much but cool seeing you as always

Rob-You didnt beat me to bad in tourney heh.crazy falco combos

Cave-Heh gangbang

Artic Drac - Yeah i didnt really tell you then but i think your girls pretty hot

Majin - Your marths pretty good, good matches

Sos - Man youve gotten good i only beat you in the marth ditto.

Zeroes - Your really fun to play and really cool

Roy - How you beat me with no tourney exp ill never no. but then i guess we should also be asking kirk lep and hugs that hahaha.

Rest of lubbock yall all really cool.

Converse cool seeing you again.

Dkrew thanks for the great tournament

AZ man yall are too cool. Finally got to meet Tony. good job taking us out in teams. And Sean your falco is one of the best in the nation..

DSF where were you?

And Sevens your a fatass piece of ****

Mr.C

Smash Master
Originally posted by Bluk
And Sevens your a fatass piece of ****
LOL :p actually at this tourney 7's was actually cool well at least i thought so! GO 7'S!

dcx1287

Smash Lord
LMAO this tourney was awesome.

leprechaun - LOL thanks for teaching me stuff with falcon/marth and how to play vs samus and fox lol it really helped man thx again also our matches were very fun!

changsta - lol didn't get to play you but still it was cool meeting you again man lol i remember we met back at ge2 i got to talk to you a lot more this tourney next moast we need to play some matches!!

Silas - LOL nice team matches man you and sintenal are very fun to play against ! and as always i admire and consider your peach the best in TX no doubt!

Drew- thanks a lot for the free housing man I know having to house that many people can get kind of crazy 0_0 but you handled things very well also i agree with you street fighter blows lol. I didn't get to play against you but i'm certain you would've won , and as always i admire your skills greatly! you need to teach me all your tricks with marth next time we meet!

Scavenger - great job in running the tournament man! you and the dkrew are no doubt the best tournament organizers for U.S. Smash 0_0. The match slips were a terrific idea and made it very clear as to which TVs were being used in tournament and which TVs werne't.

Sintenal - LOl your luigi is too tricky for me 0_0 those team matches were fun lol i liked the ending it was crazy lol.

Zulu - fun marth ditto set man!! i got ***** though haha, but it was an honor playing you.

alright that's all .

this tournament was the best one i've ever been to for sure!

Essence

Smash Journeyman
yo robbie i can drive down there tommorrow but it is fletchers dads weekend and idk if devon and caleb have to work... so if i go, it will prolly be just me, and yeah see if crystal and/or sak can come over this weekend and/or next weekend

Mr.C

Smash Master
yah drive down here you'll have a place to stay and ill get sak and cc down hur! RAWR!

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Dude, Essence, we only live 10 minutes away from Converse, we can pass by whenever we want to their place and Vice Versa. Let's have a mini tournament say CC and us go, it'll be fun! C'mon, you know you want to!

Mr.C

Smash Master
tournament? blah ill just get chain grabbed by zero's :) if c.c can come it would be cool but Essence u better come no matter what tomorrow! biatch! and s.a.k u too! RAWR! c.c RAWR! make it if u can, if u want, u know. your always welcome

Mr.C

Smash Master
dude i pwn at spam! and Smiles MLG is in houston in March another tourney..

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by HugS
I lost to roy the first time in friendlies...not twice in a row...if i lost twice in a row...that woulda been set and i wouldnt have been sitting on the tv for so long. His style threw me off, no one expects that many sidesteps. He won maybe 10 % of our friendlies. And if he did win...it was on Final D... If he won first...and i won second...i would ask him to complete set...you guys never took a set off of me in friendlies...not one.
I'm pretty sure that Roy beat you, if not one, more than one, set... But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

And just as you said...i really dont want to sound like an ***...but You beat me twice...I beat you more...what makes you think you can take me just like that? You only played me final D. Sets are not 100% final D. come on man :D
[/B]
First of all, in all the friendlies I played, I was kind of testing out how people's mindsets were, so I wouldn't completely expose my weaknesses/tendencies... If I taunted a lot, I was probably testing something...

But, that's my fault... Another reason is you haven't seen me and roy at our top level of play... You haven't even played me with any other character than peach =D...

I don't know, I just think I could beat you... If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... Simple as that...

You guys did well...you guys were good....ur styles threw people off. It doesn't matter if you beat roy a lot or not...ur just used to his style cuz you play him alot. Your style didn't throw people off as much as his did. Its like wtf...no one sidesteps that much...
[/B]
Yeah, roy probably threw people off more... Agreed.

Yet you get my respect...because you guys did well vs many players. You guys played smart...but you can't go and say "so and so didn't deserve his spot...so and so didn't deserve higher". Cuz first of all you don't know their weaknesses/strengths. Second, there are a lot of elements which dictate who gets what place even outside of smash...better brackets/more pressure/people talking ****/ etc etc. Thats the way the game is...if everyone got a bracket with people that were easy...in a silent white room with no distractions, we'd all be getting top 5...it just doesn't work that way. You gotta take what you get and deal with it. I would have rather played someone with higher ranking than roy rather than he...cuz i know after playing so many friendlies...he learned my weaknesses. But i played it...knowing full well he would give me trouble...knowing full well i had people cheering against me, i had so many regrets with that match...so many...but i accept it cuz thats how tournaments are. You live and learn...maybe next time you will learn how to deal with oro's type of samus. And i learned a few things...awkward sidestepping styles need jiggly for wop and grabs. No more than 2 friendlies with any one person unless i play them a lot anyways. No more giving any one person like 40 friendlies before a tournament..
[/B]
lol, when I go to tournaments for other games, I never play the same person as many times as you did Roy... and if I do, I usually do a little 'testing' =)...

Just like you...i needed to get that off my chest. I love you guys...you guys were cool as hell...and nothing i did was a personal attack...i was angry at myself...not you guys...not at all. You guys were nice as hell to me and i hope i didn't come off as a **** to you guys.

Just accept what you got as I did...hell, you can get angry just as i did too...but learn from it and move on. Go to more tournaments and play better. Guaranteed...come a new texas tournament i go to...roy won't knock me out...promise. But at moast he did...so i go get better...and learn how to deal with the lubbock style. You guys earned my respect. Let's see you do it again. Sorry for the rant...i had a lot on my chest.

[/B]
lol, I didn't take anything as a personal attack... You were one of the coolest (if not the coolest) guy I met at MOAST3! Yeah, after 2 days, I've accepted my weird ranking at the tournament, and I've accepted that Roy did better than I did... About 8 minutes ago I just beat him again with 3 stock... Now when he loses pretty badly he always says how he did better at the tournament... lol, life goes on.... **** it...

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Back home and settled in...

... So time for shout outs.

First and foremost, big shout outs go to CORY and his whole family. They housed us, fed us, and put up with us for almost an entire week, and were the most hospitable people I've ever met. CORY, your mom is awesome, tell her thanks for cooking us dinner. And tell Jordan thanks for hanging out with us and taking us into the city. Next Dallas tournament (MO4ST, maybe?), we'll be back :cool:

Mr. Silver, it was great hanging out with you again. If only I hadn't had to play you in the tournament... :( Once again, Fox is my bane.

Scav and the rest of the tourney hosts: Amazing job running this. This tournament goes in my top 3 for most well run and orderly tournaments. Congrats on filling out a 128 man bracket. Hope we meet up at another tournament.

Kirk: Slick Samus, keep practicing her up. Sorry that you had to face The Samus Slayer, Husband. You guys need to try coming out to the East Coast for a tournament some time.

Arash: We did really well for two people that had never played together before. I loved it every single time that you would duck my missiles and then jump in and combo off them. I've always wished that I could have a partner that was aware of all my missiles coming like that. We did have a few unfortunate team kills, though, but other than that, it was great, and I had some fun, too.

jra64: Nice Peach, it surprised me. Especially knowing that this was your first tournament. You never fell for any of my charge blast tricks that always work on Peach :mad: That took away my edge in the match! Good luck in future tournaments.

HugS: I'm amazed that you beat Husband. I wish that I took the chance to play you. I'm sure we'll meet up at a tournamnet in the future for a match.

Alucard: Gotta give respect to anyone who plays a midtier in the actual tournament. Sorry I had to beat you with my top tiers :( I'm not a jerk like that on purpose!

ROBSHIEK: You screwed me over in the low tier and 1v1. I liked it too much. The one memory most clearly etched into my brain is the last few seconds of that Sheik ditto. I keep thinking over and over in my head how it would have gone if I'd continued the chaingrabs and beaten you. I'm going to need to start going to a therapist for this. I just buckled under the pressure and was too nervous to chaingrab properly. I'll get you next time.

Smiles: Your piano playing is amazing. I wish I'd gotten to hear you play it more.

Darkrain: Thanks for joining the Chuck Norris Crew. You tore up with that Falcon, it was beautiful. I love watching a good Falcon player do his comboes, and yours is especially awe inspiring.

Ken: I'm sorry that we didn't meet you in the finals for the crew tournament. And I'm sorry that I didn't do anything else to earn your respect. You're a great guy and gave us a lot of good help. Want to actually get some matches in with me next week in DC?

Isai: I knew you were getting first, what did I tell you? Thanks for the help that you gave Husband. I'm looking forward to when you come here next week. I'll be brushing up my skills until then so that the practice I get with you will be even more helpful.

Anyone else not listed here, it is not for any reason other than the fact that I have a poor memory and even worse social skills. No offense is intended in any such omitions. So consider this a shout out to everyone not mentioned. Good job doing whatever it is you did a good job doing.

gore

Smash Journeyman
Oro- you spiked my nana twice. youre crazy. CHCUKZ BOWSAHZ pwndeds. Darkrain didn't like chaingrab though. SHEP :rolleyes:.

up and atom

Smash Cadet
yoko

sorry robbie cant come this weekend gahh why coudlnt u or matt give me the heads up i coulda gotten someone to take my shifts, ahh too late but we are gonna have to start getting ready for this v-town tourney huh? and the only sickness you will get here will be in your mind!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Me, mad? Never...

lol...

If you were fox or falco, I never played a fox/falco who use l-cancel to shine, so I was inexposed to fox/falco... But actually leprechaun, I thought you were one of the funnest to play... But as for me being frustrated while playing games, it almost is even nonexistant... What keeps picking at me, is I'm so jealous at Roy's placing 9th... If I say anything stupid, it's only because I'm a jealous rotten competitive *******... lol... have fun, nice meeting all of you...

EDIT: Oro, you taught me how samus can spike an aggressive peach who's attempting to hit samus while he's bombing... I played another samus guy on the big screen, he tried to spike me while in float... I evaded back on stage, and, he doomed himself... lol =D...

****ing nice playing you, oro

EDIT: Bluk, rematch...

Shlay

BOOBS O' D-Krew
BRoomer
(This is Silas BTW)
Ok, so the people who got the MOAST bug was:

Scav
Silas
Ken
AOB
YukiTanuki
DracaDragon
Gore
Hugs
Straight

Yokoson
Lep
Up and Atom
Alucard
Isai

jchmack
roy
Tru G Jay
Tru G Matt
Mike G

Heh, this list is nuts. There's gotta be some conspiracy here.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
i don't know what is going on but alot of people are getting sick and i blame the cheesecake it was the cheesecake fault and thats all i got to say about that
ha ha i like it no sick kids for me

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
You guys, I'm not joking here: I think Holly and I are the source of the MOAST plague.

When I went to California for the Rose Bowl, I got sick from the CRAPPY WEATHER they had there, always being rained on, always soaked, sleep exhausted. California saved it's crappy weather just for Texas.

Meanwhile Holly went to England and got sick from the British.

Now, WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED . . .

The MOAST PLAGUE has SPAWNED!!!

So I just got back from Washington D.C., and that place made this sickness WORSE. I'm miserable.

*coughs up blood*

Dammit.

*runs out of paper towels*

CORY

wut
BRoomer
eh, team ben, when/if you ever read this, I HAVE YOUR CELLPHONE CHARGERS.

let me repeat:
TEAM BEN, I THINK I HAVE YOUR CELLPHONE CHARGERS.
as i only have oro's aim and he seems to always be away, i need you guys to double check and let me know for sure because i have two cellphone chargers sitting on my dresser that don't seem to belong to anyone in my family.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, they're definitely Chris and Kevin's chargers. I'll talk to them later today to see what they want to do to get them back. If it's more expensive to ship them than to buy new chargers, they might just do that.

Top Bottom