• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Darn another good tournament I couldnt go to. And I was expecting a Link player to take the low tier tournament. What the **** happened?

THE MAN sounds like a wuss to me. Yes Im calling you out. lol. Come to FL and escape the cold weather... oh yeah you probably cant take the heat. WUSSY PANTS!!! :D

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Yeah I feel like crap too. Many thanks to whoever gave us all a present.

Same symptoms? Headache, sore throat, cough, and hot and cold flashes are mine. Missed classes today.

And that's also why my shoutouts haven't happened yet. So for now... you guys are all effing amazing, thank you for one of the best weekends of my life. Except for whoever got us all sick.

-Scav

tsetse

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Scavenger382
Yeah I feel like crap too. Many thanks to whoever gave us all a present.

Same symptoms? Headache, sore throat, cough, and hot and cold flashes are mine. Missed classes today.

-Scav
Those are about the same symptoms for someone that is about 2-3 weeks pregnant.

Anyways MOAST is over so time for a new Banner. Free of Course.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
****it! I TOLD Kenshin to use a condom. But nooooo, he's all like, "Scav you fuddy duddy you can't get pregnant from butt sex." He's so paying me child support.

... Fever too. Yay. Life's gunna suck for a few days.

-Scav

Werewolf

Smash Journeyman
ARGH...I totally wished I could've come to this tourney...it sounded ******* awesome. I WILL COME TO MO4ST.

Man...I can't wait to play everyone again...sounds like a buncha ya'll got better....Especially like Gore and Fletcher and Mr. C who I pwned a while back kekeke....O well...I'll pwn you guys again another day :p

Next time it'll hopefully be Me, Clever, Fury, and Edge who attend and we SHALL do fairly well...I hope.

I can't BELEIVE I missed this...*tear*

And GABE....MY YOSHI VS. JOORS. HUGS TELL HIM I SHALL DESTROY HIS YOSHI MWA HA HA HA HA...MUST EARN BEST YOSHI IN U.S. TITLE WOOT...j/k But seriously.....I would like a ditto one day....so make sure u comeback to TX.

I would've taken Low tier Tourney also KEKEKEKE :p

Well...as for now...I'll c all you guys at another tourney....kekekekeke

3vil

Smash Rookie
That was a thoroughly enjoyable tournament. Much thanks to Matt for the hotel room.

All in all I would say I didn't do too bad. I probably should have practiced more, especially teams since SSBM Addict and I had no real time to practice together. Probably the most enjoyable match I had was in the team tourney against the Marth/Captain Falcon team vs our Sheik/Sheik team in the losers bracket. Both matches were down to the wire and could have gone either way.

Mr. Silver - I liked our match, wish I had got to see your fox instead of Ganon but I understand why you didn't use him.

Silas - D@MN YOUR PEACH TO HELL!!! Hopefully next time we play, my crew won't be shouting for my defeat:(

Matt - Good job putting together and hosting the tourney. Considering the chaos you did a great job handling. We should play another team match.

Next year we need to hold a "Matt" tourney. I couldn't even begin to count how many people turned their heads when the name "MATT!!" was called. Matt is such and unoriginal name, why are so many people cursed with it?

Hopefully lots of people will also go to A-kon to play. Hope to see everyone there.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
yo robby, v-town can prolly come down to converse this weekend, well, at least me and fletcher, idk if devon and caleb have to work, but if we can come ill call you and we will get it krunk and smoke some crack and worship the devil and kill some babies and lick the top of some frogs and get really high off them and run around naked pulling out our teeth and throwing them at homeless people

I'll ask Essence i may need to clean a bit before you come though, buti dont mind :p and dont clean my WaTER Thingy lol. i think its clean now so.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Originally posted by cHaNg-sTa
Eh, I wouldn't worry about places after 5th or 7th, and any smasher can have a horrible day. Heck I got tied 64th. Does that mean I'm horrible at smash? It certainly doesn't. Does it mean I have room for improvement? Well yea, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Getting 64th, 32nd, 17th, 13th or even 9th would've been the same to me. Winning a few more rounds doesn't mean much til you win the ones at the end.
Well, I think me and SOS should have placed a bit higher seeing how SOS beat Isai once, which isn't easy. As for me, beating MrSilver sure wasn't easy and going toe to toe with ROB$ was really tough, yet he took me out in the end, so that's an accomplishment for me right there. Yet, I'm still baffled how SOS lost to MrSilver...

Yeah, we deserve a little credit. ;)

YukiTanuki

Smash Cadet
Wow, apparently I wasn't the only one who felt like crap. =\
I wonder who got us all sick...Oh man though, it was totally worth it! ;}

Moast was absolutely amazing...I was a bit disappointed in my performance, but I still had such a fun time! YAY!

I'm not good enough with names to do shoutouts, sowwie. =(
I love everyone that was there!...'cept for the peeps who beat me!!...which is everyone...GAH! I hate you all!! :)

Some people here wrote about a girl who drew really well...if for some odd reason you were talkin' about me, thanks!! (oh, look at my big head ;] ) But if not...well, than I look pretty **** stupid!
I'm just assuming that because I didn't see any other chickie's drawing ('cept for Fluffy, she drew some stuff in my sketchbook, yay!) Whatever the case may be, thanks?!

I really really REALLY want to go to that tourney in Houston...oh god! Practice practice practice! All of you have inspired me so much with your awesome skillz!

I kinda regret not talking to more people. It would be awesome to make more Melee (you guys call it Smash, strange!) buddies!
I promise if I see you dudes at the next tournament I'll be more social! Fun!

Thanks again to all of you for giving me super duper memories!

Where is Lalo?! =(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I'm gonna go ahead and unsticky this. As the new reviews slow down the topic will sink. Congrats to Texas on a sweet tourny.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Steve.....is it a yes? or no? or havent asked yet? cause if yes? then ill help clean? if no? then i'll ask meh parent's?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
thanks to all the people who made this thing possible. i had a great time

sorry i wasn't too active during this whole thing, i was sick before i came but i was recovering.

when i got home i got worse, so it wasnt me who got everyone sick! im not blaming anyone it was probably because i only got 6 hours of sleep in the 3 days i was at moast3.

about the socializing, im not too fond about talking about smash, maybe if we talked about other things besides video games i might be more social. I am very social, i've talked to many people at the tournament. Luckly i found someone drawing at the tournament and actually had a decent chat with her about something else besides smash (video games) thank god.

oh yea i have way too many shout outs but im too lazy to do them so forget it.

everyone is so much different online than in person. it makes me think that they are 2 completely different people. ill just leave it as that. and JF if i were truly a jack *** i would have taken your $10 instead of the $5. btw my camera got all messed up, so out of all the 300 pics i took i only got like 50?

Fury

Smash Apprentice
ONE QUESTION

When are the Final Vids coming out!!!!

Those finals were amazing, and then Ken and Isai started getting cocky with their almost can't make it back but im godly kills.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Daniel you F'in idiot i told u not to join the corp but no you joined and u missed one of the best tournies ever. Oh well sucks to be you :) but i love you any way

Match to come....
Werewolf vs Straight
Yoshi vs Yoshi
Who will be the best yoshi in the states?

Oh and please hurry on those final videos pwease *Muahhh*

Oh the girl who was drawing with the Pika Backpack awsome drawings :)

V-Town Nice Job you now have a big name in texas at least better then our scrub town cuase all our bum players want to have lifes i mean cmon guys wtf are u thinkin. Its all about Smash. J/K

Fury

Smash Apprentice
Well dont I feel dumb as hell, didnt know the vids have been out, oh well.

Hugs I agree Daniels yoshi isnt as good as ur bros, but you never know he might be able to kill him.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by Sintenal
i think you took the dkrew gay jokes a bit too far there ;x
... jokes?

oh, and i didn't get sick because i'm a freaky freak and i NEVER seem to get sick. instead, i just get alot of fever blisters... which i've been getting... so, if i were a normal person, i'd probably be sick : (

DracaDragon

Smash Cadet
Ashley~
Sorry didn't know they made you go in the creepy columns!

Everyone else~

So yeah the whole sick thing could've been my fault...I'm sure I have every cold known to man because I've traveled everywhere these past few weeks...Montana, England and then Dallas....yeah the doctors can't figure out what I have....I'm taking like some crazy $50 medication right now that I doubt will do anything. So I'm sorry if its my fault!

Oh and to everyone who's complaining that they didn't place high enough for their standards....think about how I feel?? I didn't win one match the whole time! I won one match at Gaybar last year against one of the best from CA with G&W.....sometimes it's just luck or bad luck. Keep playin and tryin! Practice for the next tournament and forget about your losses.....just think, you could be me! LOL

CORY

wut
BRoomer
on the note about not ranking high enough or whatever:

i think davey said it, but it bears repeating. NOTHING past second place has any real true value. 3-5 or so is about even, could possibly be acheived by brackets just as much as by being better. it gets truer as it goes down the ranking. it's a nice indication of general skill, yeah, but it's not very precise at all. i mean, hell, ALL of dkrew got tied for 25. i hardly play seriously anymore, i won't lie, i rode an EASY bracket up to the end (except for lep, he was hard. and smiles, because he beat me...) while kenshin had to fight ken, like, second match in. don't get hung up over the semantics of your rank, just take it as it is, especially if you were in the middle of the pack. it's just a nice general idea of how you were compared to most others there.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
I think that was a pretty close and even match... But remember, the first time you played Roy, you barely lost to roy, twice... BARELY though, which is EXACTLY what happened in the tournament... Roy's quote: "He didn't want to die! He was over 200%" lol....
Was Roy really THAT good?I can take him. heh heh. Next time man next time...

And Jra... I accept your challenge. :D Should be fun

And GABE....MY YOSHI VS. JOORS.
Match to come....
Werewolf vs Straight
Yoshi vs Yoshi
Who will be the best yoshi in the states?
heh heh sounds awesome. Im game.:D

Werewolf

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Lep, we'll get in our matches...

And HAY, remember, I haven't gotten to practice like a buncha you....LIKE YOU NICK AND YOU STILL SUCK...and my Yoshi is still pretty **** good.

Anyways...we'll have that yoshi ditto...one day...

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
I was miserable yesterday. Couldn't move, body ache, massive headache, sinus congestion up the wazoo, fever, and no energy whatsoever. I think whatever DracaDragon had and whatever Sephiroth Ken had had a love child, and proceeded to **** all of MOAST 3.

So, if I could, can I get a list of everybody that got sick? So far I got:

Scav
Silas
Ken
AOB
YukiTanuki
DracaDragon
Gore
Hugs
Straight

Anybody else? I'm trying to get a world record here.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm feeling a bit ill, but that's probably the result of jet lag and air planes being hell. It's no different from how I felt after each of the TG's.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by Silas Elias
I was miserable yesterday. Couldn't move, body ache, massive headache, sinus congestion up the wazoo, fever, and no energy whatsoever. I think whatever DracaDragon had and whatever Sephiroth Ken had had a love child, and proceeded to **** all of MOAST 3.

So, if I could, can I get a list of everybody that got sick? So far I got:

Scav
Silas
Ken
AOB
YukiTanuki
DracaDragon
Gore
Hugs
Straight

Anybody else? I'm trying to get a world record here.
Well at first I thought it was just allergies, but I am feeling a little down. my throat is really sore, I cough a lot, and I can barely talk, but other than that I'm fine.

And werewolf, Straight's Yoshi>yours. at least for right now.

Ken, you taking my money has nothing to do with being a *******. I lost money to HugS and Mr Silver too, but those guys are really cool. Even if they had both taken $10 from me it would've been worth it. Money isn't everything. As Richard and Brian said, "it's a lot better to play people you enjoy playing against than playing the best." Altho sometimes those can conicide. I mean I really enjoyed getting trashed by Mike G and Mr Silver.

Werewolf

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by JesusFreak
And werewolf, Straight's Yoshi>yours. at least for right now.
You also have to take into accounts its been awhile since ANYONES seen my yoshi...cept nick and clos who's opinion matters to no one kekekekekekeke

O well...one day...hopefully maybe when they come out w/ a newer, more balanced smash someday...

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
"Shouts"

Woohoobutter: You rock.

Darkrain: You rock.

Jimi: You rock.

DYC: You rock.

Dmac: You rock.

Eddie: You rock.

Ken: You rock.

Isai: You rock.

Arash: You rock.

Mike G: You rock.

Cool Texas Guys I Met: You rock.

Sauce: You rock.

Fast02: You rock.

Other Guy Who Drove Down With Us: You rock.

Guy Who We Drove To True Gamers: You rock.

Dr.Drew: You rock.

Drew's Parents: You rock.

Everyone Else Who Stayed At Drew's With Us: You rock.

Scav: You rock.

Fluffy: You rock.

Hugs: You rock.

Guys Who I Was Playing Free For Alls With: You rock.

Yoshi Guy: You rock.

Mr. Silver: You rock.

Tru Gamer's Pizza: You rock.

Other People I May Have Met: You rock.

KishCubed: You rock.

up and atom

Smash Cadet
sick!

Hey silas i was the first from v-town to get sick i was sick halfway through tourney on saturday, and my crew did drink after me quite a bit, im still recovering sooo sat-thurs lots of tylenol and dayquell, everyone check out v-towns tourney!

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
Ha! I didnt catch anything. It helps that I got more sleep than most and got to sleep in my own house. But to be honest I just crouch cancled the cold! Chozo armor will always save me ^_^.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i will join sevens in the not sick list

team smiles 4 lyf ^^

MOAST 4 items are on fools!!!!!!

*runs*

Top Bottom