• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Lucas reps! MLG Dallas here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I was curious as to knowing who is gonna be going to any, if not all the MLG tournaments and gonna rep Lucas in them. I am gonna keep a constant track of who is supporting him and how they do at MLG with him there. Just post which one you are going to and when MLG is over come tell how you did at it.

Plus this could even be where people can talk strictly about MLG here. The ruleset, how the scene is, and how the competition is. *shrug* Who knows.

Even if you only use Lucas for a match or as your secondary or someone who covers a MU then tell us in this thread so people can see. Anyone is allowed to post here =P

MLG Orlando April 16-18 *Finished*

None known yet

MLG Colombus June 4-6 *Finished*

Chuee - Attended - Placed: 129
Enima - Unconfirmed
Nasty - Attended - Placed: 97
Mekos - Attended - Placed: 65

MLG Raleigh August 27-29

rPSI - Attending
KoozyKris - Attending
J - Might be attending - cancelled
Nasty - Attending
Mekos - Attending
Neon Ness - Might be attending
NinjaLink - Attending

MLG DC October 15-17th

J - most likely will be attending
~Pink Fresh~ - Attending
Nasty - Attending

MLG Dallas November 5-7

Heytallman - Would like to go

MLG Experience section

MLG Colombus:

Mekos

Singles story:
lol yeah I got beat by a G&W. His turtle destroyed me. I'm just going to paste my story. lol

Guys its over for me in singles. I'm pretty happy with my first national placing tho. I made it loser round 5 or round 4. cant remember which one. But matches were pretty intense with no seeding. so early on pros like mikehaze, DEHF, and ADHD were in losers. Other good players like Big loe and Logic too.

My very first match I lost. I was on the main stage in front of a huge croud. And I was soo nervouse. I was solo with no mental support and played like a fool. I lost to a smart wolf player. I knew I could have beat him tho. Both matches he killed me then got me to a high percent for my second stock while he still had three stocks. Then realizing i was about to lose got an adrenalin rush which took away my nerves and I starting detroying him and brought the game all the way back to him having one stock left with 103 percent. But by then it was way to late as i was like 160%.
(lesson learned have yer support crew there. Make friends with smashers and the pros and have them support u and coach).

So today. I forced my cousin and girl to come along. I also became good friends with Nasty and allied. I had these smasher support me each match. They helped calm my nerves and I ***** my next three matches.

The next round I fought a really good G&W. unfortunatly he got the first kill and just camped and ran away the rest of the game. HE TIME ME OUT LOL. (oh yeah and i got the main stage. I was like cursed i always got the main stage haha). Noone really knew where I should cp. I took him to frigrate and that was a mistake. When the staged changed it was really hard to touch him. That turtle of his was ****** me haha.

So he knocked me out but i'm happy with my placing for my first nationals. I expect to do even better at Raleigh. And I know I will cuz I'll have my fellow NORTH CAROLINA SMASHERS with me . Also so far me and FOW will be able to team.

Lastly tomorrow is dubs. I met alot of smashers that i'm cool with like mikehaze, M2k, bigloe, logic, nasty, and this pro but i forgot his name. But they all already have teamates lol(like m2k wouldnt have a teamate haha). I'm teaming with this smasher name TheBoss08. He is a really good luigi player. He is currently still in winners and doing better than bigloe. But I dont know how its going to work. He's an aggressivee player and i'm not. Well lets pray and hope for the best. See yall soon.

Doubles Story:
Yeah i need to tell my dubs story but im lazy. We did awesome and had the potential to get top 10 i think. Just a few small messups cost us. But thats what determines the win at high level play. Also it was our first time teaming and we had to build our chemistry. Also I could tell Boss was iffy about teaming with me since I'm new to the tourney seen. But I held my own and we both got some **** kills!!

We got knocked out of losers in an epic match. All four people were at around 60 to 100 with one stock left. Its on sv and I'm at the right edge of the stage. Boss and the Mk and Olimar are kinda close but are all fighting each other. Lol its like they forgot about me for a split second. I take my chance and go for the upsmash!! I get it and the olimar goes flying!! But then the MK knocks boss/luigi into my upsmash too! Luigi and Olimar both go flying!!! now its one on one. Lucas vs MK. I'm at the edge ending my animation so he knocks me off the stage! With good spacing I land. All im focused on is landing, Cuz mK will own me off the stage. While recovering he gets me off the stage twice, each time racking up 30 percent damge. The croud is going crazy with my amazing DI :). Finally I land and am going for the diar *** lock comboe. But he keeps reading me and i dont get it. Boss says dont go for it man. The MK knocks me off the stage again i grap the ledge. The MK then charges a forward smash while i hop forward and try to air dodge behind him for the forward smash. SLASH!!! the tip of his sword got me!! and we lose. :(

That sent us to losers. I'll tell our set in losers that kicked us out later. But basically what cost me losses in this tourney was lack of tourney experiance. I was on th main stage alot and nervous. Not thinking at certian moments.

I'm happy tho cuz from my first national tourney i've realized that I can hang with the pros. Especially in doubles. DOUBLES is my main focus. I'm very confident in it and was ****** MK and snakes constintly.

It's one on one I gotta work on cuz there is so much gayness against lucas.

Yep im going to MLG in NC. I got to college in NC so it works out :)

Nasty

I played a Mario Round 1 Winners Bracket and 3 stocked him game one, 2 stocked him game 2, low percent.

Lost to Keitaro round 2 (2-0)... What sucks about this was that i traveled w/ keitaro to MLG and was practicing with him in the days leading up to MLG, lol.

My first round losers i sat down and the guy was there before me. I picked lucas and he then chose marth. Vex told me to call a blind pick but i laughed and said "Why? It's just marth and i r*pe marths." lol... the kid started shaking his leg and asked if he could switch characters.. i laughed and said "oh i'm afraid it might be too late for that" hahaha. He said he'll stay marth anyway.. then i 3 stocked him. Game 2 he went sonic and i 2 stocked him very low percent.

Losers Round 2 i faced Kirbycpok.. i didn't know who that was, but apparently his mk is really good and he normally goes by "Fat Guy" or something like that.

All in all, a great experience. I went Lucas 100% in Singles and MK/Snake/Lucas in doubles.

Oh and there were 250 ppl in singles, not 300. But placing 97th wasn't bad at all. Mekos is really good, and i coached him through some of his sets, especially during his set against Twilight Prince, haha.. I would have coached him during his set against the G&W but i got a text and had to run bc it was important.

Event 5 will be put up when more is known about it.

Anyways enjoy and I will keep up with this thread :o

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Aw that sucks. I might be able to go to Raleigh though it's still too far off to say if I can or can't :/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Maryland lol.

Though I have folks down in NC so I could stay with them and go there.

Btw anyone know what MLG is like? Anyone who went to MLG Orlando?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I live in a Raleigh suburb. Get at me. Should be going to MLG Raleigh unless **** happens

Enima

Smash Rookie
Hey, I am new to Lucas boards, but I will be in Colombus. Can't wait to see some Lucas players there

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
alright Enima you've been put up

Man Columbus is gonna be hit by a tidal wave of Lucas it seems. :o yay

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
sorry for the double post but this bump is worth it I hope.

2 weeks till MLG Colombus.

~hype?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i saw in the OBR, rPSI =/

Yay for Chuee ^_^

And definetly hype this Lucas mains and more that might be going!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am really gonna try and plead my case but the thing about MLG Raleigh...it might be the weekend before school starts for me T_____T

Plus it would be my first big event. Also I would get to see you&your lucas ;o

Mine would be so scrubby it would hardly make it out of pools ._.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yay for Nasty and awww for FightAdamantEevee D;

I'll update the OP but Nasty you better go Lucas this time *taps foot*

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I'm going to Columbus, but I have a feeling friendlies and doubles is the only time I'll be using him, I've been playing far more Diddy than Lucas in singles lately and it just feels like the right choice for now. Friendlies and dubbz I'm going all Lucas though, with a few exceptions for warming up.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
oh np at all Nasty your Lucas is fun to watch and plus your PRed as well ;o

Also Dubz is where Lucas shall **** ;3

Kole

Smash Lord
Mekos is going to Columbus. he also said he has a good chance of making it to raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom