• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South MLG Eastern Conference Championship - Atlanta

MLG Sparrow

Smash Rookie
BACH said:
Just got back -

Found out that a lot of things went wrong due to M3Ds absence, and one of the big things in retrospect was that the tournament was SUPOSED to be

get this

2 out of 3's, not 3 out of 5's

Some idiot from MLG was trying to run things and wouldn't let me do any of the important stuff like seeding crews apart from each other. He went and said all matches are 3 out of 5.

I know I'm not the only one that was steaming over this one when i found out after the tourney was over.

Great to see everyone again - Bach is back - see you in Chicago!

~Bach
That "idiot from MLG" person you're talking about supposedly would be me. Bach, before you post something like this, please think it through.

First...
As stated on our website, mlgpro.com, under the Smash tournament rules:
"4. All Conference Championship matches will be Best of 5."

So I am unsure as to where you got your information. The LCQ is best 2 out of 3 if you read the rules as well.

Second...
Seedings for the Conference Championship is based off of rank points earned throughout the season. If this were not the case, then it wouldn't be one of our CC tournaments. This rewards people who a) have done well in previous tournaments b) had the loyalty to go to all of our tournaments.

Seeding players based off of crews is very unprofessional and subjective. These rank points eliminate biased opinions. We have a rules set and stick to it. Once again, I don't know where you got your information on this, as even the players knew that Rank Points determined the seeds.

Third...
Granted Jason was unable to make it out to this event, but I was there to assist you with whatever you needed. When people couldn't even hear you on the megaphone AND the loud mic, I made announcements for you. I helped you to the extent that I lost my voice on Sunday (and I still don't have it back!) When you had any questions about the bracket, I answered them.

So please, before calling me an idiot, please take into consideration all the work I put in for the Smashers this weekend. In addition to helping you out, take a look at the level of detailed stats I took on mlgpro.com. I recorded who played, characters used, levels played, stock and percentage of stock remaining while at the same time working on all I do for the Halo 2 side of the event.

I don't think you understand the amount of work and effort that the MLG staff puts in to provide the best tournament experience for our players. We strive for the best quality of gaming and I hope this community will see the effort we put out for them.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Not cool Bach. Ray busted his *** to run the smash event. Also, whomever was copying and pasting the detailed updates we were posting on MLGpro.com not cool either.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Also, READ THE RULES, before you guys come on to forums crucifying us, M3D MADE IT BEST OF 5 AFTER LA. This whole thread is terrible. We were unable to find a replacement for M3D until literally 2 days prior to the event. Next time we know he is not coming, trust me I will personally find someone and prep them myself.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
BACH said:
Just got back -

Found out that a lot of things went wrong due to M3Ds absence, and one of the big things in retrospect was that the tournament was SUPOSED to be

get this

2 out of 3's, not 3 out of 5's

Some idiot from MLG was trying to run things and wouldn't let me do any of the important stuff like seeding crews apart from each other. He went and said all matches are 3 out of 5.

I know I'm not the only one that was steaming over this one when i found out after the tourney was over.

Great to see everyone again - Bach is back - see you in Chicago!

~Bach

We will NEVER EVER SEED PLAYERS/TEAMS ACCORDING TO CREW. This is the playoffs, people have played in the regular season to EARN their seeds. That is the whole point of having a season. Why would we go to the conference championship after collecting points all season and then round robin pool to reseed? Thats like that NFL getting their playoff teams and then having them round robin before they made a bracket.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
BACH said:
That would be correct - shame we didn't find out till everything was over - we won't make the same mistake with M3D at the helm in Chicago - and I'm not letting that MLG Ray guy near the smash stuff.

Also - Rainbow cruise was on random, and we didn't catch that ethier -

M3D we miss you! i can't fill your shoes!

Wow another one. This misconceptions about Atlanta continue. This is shameful.

All of you that jumped down Ray's throat should be thoroughly ashamed. You guys jumped on him after hearing gossip and heresay, none of which was true. Sigh...

Edit* sorry for the 4x post, but i keep scrolling back through the thread reading more of this garbage.

Husband

Smash Lord
To defend the smashers some, Most of us are not used to having the finals of a tourny the same amount of matches as the rest of it. I guess it just threw a lot of us off. But rules are rules and i guess we should have read them before just assuming.

MLG wants support and wants to be proffessional. And I think that it WOULD be more proffessional to seed only by Points. So you have my support in that. But i think it would also be better to make the finals a 5 out of 7 if every other match is 3 out of 5. Just an idea to MLG and if you dont like it you dont have to take it. In my and maybe most smashers opinion, it would make MLG rule set look better. I hope these issues can be settled.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Husband said:
To defend the smashers some, Most of us are not used to having the finals of a tourny the same amount of matches as the rest of it. I guess it just threw a lot of us off. But rules are rules and i guess we should have read them before just assuming.

MLG wants support and wants to be proffessional. And I think that it WOULD be more proffessional to seed only by Points. So you have my support in that. But i think it would also be better to make the finals a 5 out of 7 if every other match is 3 out of 5. Just an idea to MLG and if you dont like it you dont have to take it. In my and maybe most smashers opinion, it would make MLG rule set look better. I hope these issues can be settled.

Thank you for constructive criticism. Much different than whats being going on in this thread.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that Husband meant 4/7 ;)

Another issue that came up this tournament was that I think that the packets said that Rainbow Cruise and PokeFloats were on random, which was I think how most of the matches were played, but the rules on the website said only Rainbow Cruise was on random. I didn't check the packet for that personally, but I remember that the packet had said that at previous MLGs and M3D always made an announcement saying that the packet was wrong and hadn't been updated, and that it was only Rainbow Cruise on random. But since he wasn't there, whomever set up the Game Cubes must have turned PokeFloats on. Anyways, just another problem that would have been avoided if M3D weren't absent.

I love how much MLG is growing and making Smash and Halo into professional sports, and I can't wait for things to get even bigger and better next season. Hopefully M3D won't have to miss anymore so that these problems can be avoided.

malva00

Smash Master
Husband said:
Most of us are not used to having the finals of a tourny the same amount of matches as the rest of it. I guess it just threw a lot of us off.
How did it throw a lot of us off?

I set all the stages.

At first Rainbow Cruise wasn't on at all so I put it on, but left Poke Floats on cause didn't think they changed it. LCQ Tournament started before the rules were even checked so I went around with a memory card and looked at them after a match was done.

Watty

Smash Lord
this tourny would of been amazing if i was there!

No but for real i dunno wtf u guys are talking about but i hope it wont be like this at MLG chicago.

U guys prolly worked it out and i do agree with the almighty Oro in how he says MLG is making the community much bigger and better than it was b4.

GANGSTA *****ES IM OUT

Wife

Smash Lord
M3D said:
Everyone grow up or M3D is gonna spank you and send you to your rooms without any dinner in Chicago.

Daaaaaaaaaammmmnnnnnnnn [/azenvoice]

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok guys... let's clear a few things up here.

First of all... I argued with Anakin and the MLG bosses about being allowed to have Round Robins at the conference championships but they all said no. We talked about other ways to reduce the effect that the stages have on the outcome of the match and increase the likelihood that the better player would win. Best of 5 instead of Best of 3 was the best that I could get. I'm sorry that things changed between LA and ATL and I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to assure that any rule changes were made very clear and help everyone understand all the reasons behind them.

As for me missing the event, again, I'm really sorry guys. I'm 23, married and have to take responsibility for not just myself but my wife. I am not yet a priority for MLG to hire on full time and until that happens I can only attend MLG events when I can arrange the time off from work from the job that pays my bills. I love SSBM, the Smash community and MLG... but I have to make my wife my #1 priority. Period. To those of you who have shown me your support, thanks bunches. It means a lot to me. I'll be in Chicago and I'll do my best to be at every event next season.

Most importantly I need to ask everyone to apologize to and lay off of Ray. He's a wonderful asset to MLG and to Smashers. He and Dyslexia (Joe) have put in a lot of time with me learning about Smash, learning the names of the levels, about the top tier characters, general strategies and about YOU players to make sure that smash gets properly covered on the MLG website. It might still seem to a lot of people that MLG is a "Halo company" and smash is secondary, but they're making big strides to making MLG tournaments and mlgpro.com a place where Smashers feel welcome. Ray has spent a lot of time at events sitting around watching smash and getting the details down so that you guys can have up to the minute information about the tournaments as they happen... and he's not even a Smasher. He'd have a lot more fun and a lot less work covering halo 100% of the time. I know that things didn't happen perfectly in ATL, but from what I heard Ray really attempted to help out as best as he could, despite not being a part of the community or really having run one of these events before.

I understand that people get frustrated when things aren't communicated clearly and when because of that the tournament happens differently than they were expecting. They feel cheated or tricked a little... but guys please understand that everyone, including Clap, Bach, Ray and the rest of the MLG staff were doing the best they could. I manage a lot of difficult stuff on the fly because I have a CLEAR idea of how things are going to be run in my head and I don't deviate from it. These guys didn't have that. They did they best they could with the rule packet (which WAS updated back in July, btw) and the information they had. So please guys... instead of criticizing all the things you thought went wrong, thank Clap, Ray, Bach and the others involved for getting this event done with limited resources and time to prepare.

I'll see you guys in Chicago. I'm really looking forward to playing with you all again.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
::Mod Double Post::

ALSO... I'm going to edit into all MLG tournament threads from now on that it is a forum rule not to copy content from another website like mlgpro.com and paste it into the threads. It's really easy to link to the updates from the MLG website instead of just copying them. Ray, Joe, Synide and Dolbex bust their butts to make MLGPro.com the source for constant tournament updates and it robs them of website traffic (ad revenue, daily hit statistics to grab sponsors) when you guys just repost it here. Please be considerate of the work they do to keep everyone updated and just link to the new updates. Thanks!

Wife

Smash Lord
Chu Datz.
M3D makes some very good points. Above everything else, way far above any problems I might have had, this tournament was a lot of fun.
By the same token, people may have problems with MLG (concentration on Halo and missing checks) but I firmly believe that MLG is the best thing that could happen to us. This season was really cool (despite my missing most of it, lol) and I look forward to next season very very much. The progression MLG is making is very very exciting, and I have high hopes for the progress of professional gaming.

I'll be the first (unless someone posted super fast before me) to say it.
Thanks Bach, thanks Ray, thanks Clap, thanks to the rest of the MLG staff for giving us all of this, it means a great deal to us.

And thanks M3D for being our link to them. People trying doesn't go unnoticed, but I know we all love the way we can just trust you to take care of us. I know you the least of Team Ben, and I would still trust you if you told me that Hyrule was on the random list, like Oro says. (i.e. it was AMAZING when you called out Manacloud when he tried to cheat at FC3. One of my favorite smash memories).
And P.S. we can all respect the marriage deal, don't worry about that. And I know my girlfriend liked that, right Maria?

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make my point clear. Here's to a ****ing awesome season next year and as long as the date is cool I'll see everyone in NYC.

pps M3D is it ok if we share this color?

*samus taunts*

D

Deleted member

M3D, regarding MLG Chicago... you say not to post info in the threads and rather link to the site. I can understand that, but if you want that to be the case I don't see why you couldn't have put something like, "Go to www.mlgpro.com for information, I'll post more details later." Don't take offense to this, but there were a lot of people asking for information in the Chicago thread and nothing was ever posted (besides dmac and I posting info from the mlg site). Also, the cut off date for discount on hotel rooms has passed and you never posted the information :ohwell: .

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
montross... I apologize for the confusion in that thread. I screwed up on that stuff and that information will always be in future threads. What I'm mainly concerned about are the tournament updates, bracket information, etc... Those should not be posted during the events. Hotels, rules, etc will always be in the threads from now on.

chillindude829

Smash Master
M3D, what about if I get my own updates and post them? No offense to MLG or their website, but my updates are more accurate (the MLG ones often have mistakes) and usually quicker. If not I guess I'll just update people on the hub, but I think people have the right to hear stuff as soon as it happens.

Also, I had a huge problem with VoD. I don't know if you heard, but there was almost no Smash, aside from I believe 3 or 4 sets, which were all non-finals. At the VERY end of an EXTREMELY close Azen vs Ken marth ditto in winner's, they suddenly switched to Halo, and there wasn't even any action going on. In the middle of the 2nd match of team finals, they switched to the Halo Winner's Finals (which was unnecessary, anyway, because they were on the pregame screen for 10 minutes) and then Smash team finals and Singles finals finished. I understand Halo gets priority on VoD because more people buy VoD for Halo, but I think better scheduling could avoid such things - personally, I was outraged by not being able to watch Azen vs Ken.

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
chillindude829 said:
M3D, what about if I get my own updates and post them? No offense to MLG or their website, but my updates are more accurate (the MLG ones often have mistakes) and usually quicker. If not I guess I'll just update people on the hub, but I think people have the right to hear stuff as soon as it happens.

Also, I had a huge problem with VoD. I don't know if you heard, but there was almost no Smash, aside from I believe 3 or 4 sets, which were all non-finals. At the VERY end of an EXTREMELY close Azen vs Ken marth ditto in winner's, they suddenly switched to Halo, and there wasn't even any action going on. In the middle of the 2nd match of team finals, they switched to the Halo Winner's Finals (which was unnecessary, anyway, because they were on the pregame screen for 10 minutes) and then Smash team finals and Singles finals finished. I understand Halo gets priority on VoD because more people buy VoD for Halo, but I think better scheduling could avoid such things - personally, I was outraged by not being able to watch Azen vs Ken.

Come on now man. It was a copy and paste. Pure and simple. This event we really put forth a concerted effort to get SPECIFIC results. Look at our main page and show me mistakes. YOu cannot update it faster than our ON SITE staff who are updating the stories as soon as the rounds are over.

Also, we have 5,000 paying customers there to watch the halo matches live. I agree it sucks that you cant watch every smash match live, or even a significant portion of the event, but there just isnt much interest in our vod community for the smash footage. However, on the bright side, smash footage will be posted from our archives for each event, as is all the halo footage that doesnt make the live stream (we record everything from a variety of stations)

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

Chillin doesn't copy and paste. He's on the phone with us hearing what is going on exactly when it happens.

I think the MLG site is pretty confusing x_X so I rarely check it anyway for information. Perhaps if it was more user friendly and I'm sure many people agree.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
The new MLG site redesign looks a lot better than the old ones. Each of the old site designs looked more confusing than the last.

Thanks to M3D, Clap, Ray, and everyone else that works with, sponsors, and attends MLG events, because they all do their part to make each event exciting. I definitely have been feeling an increasing support for Smash from MLG, I hope that this trend continues.

Does anyone know which matches from this tournament got archived on VoD? I'd like to get VoD but 1) I don't have a constant IP address and 2) I'm usually AT the MLGs, not at home wondering what's going on. But if there's good matches that I can't see elsewhere archived on VoD I'd consider it worth getting and watching it on weekends at home or something.

I think that Chillin normally gets his updates by calling our cells, but in this particular instance he copied and pasted from the MLG website. I think he was asking if it's alright to get updates via cell phones and then posting them in the MLG threads, without looking at or getting information from the MLG website.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
That was me over-reacting, and acting before i got the full story - i formally apologize, and i deleted my posts.

i was just over whelmed and frusterated - M3D doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, everyone at MLG works their ***** off, including Ray - Ray worked so hard and calling out matches and whatnot, that he lost his voice.

Most screw-ups you can put on me, Ray helped me from going crazy, and i was wrong about the best of 3.

I talked with M3D, and it was changed to 3-5, Ray was right, and i was wrong.

Apologies - won't happen again.

PS

(MLG)Clap said:
If it was via cell phone, I apologize. We were just disheartened because it was like all of our work was for nothing.
Updates were via cell phone, and were put up on the boards.

I know i talked to a lot of people, and they were extreamly excited about the updates that were apearing so fast on MLG's website - i think Wife's G/F called him and he hadn't even told her that they made it to the finals but she knew from the website.

chillindude829

Smash Master
It was all via cell phone, I didn't copy anything from the MLG website. But if you want me to stop posting updates on here, that's fine. No offense, but MLG usually takes at least 10-20 min after a round is over to post results, often inaccurately (not blaming you for that since it's hard to get everything right). I usually am in constant cell phone contact with someone who's at the event, so thats why I have quicker updates posted, but again I'll stop if you guys think it's hurting the site traffic.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
chillindude829 said:

Oro and Azen playing DS - if it's MKDS, Oro is losing
BY THE WAY FOR THE RECORD

I was playing Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga because Bach hadn't beaten it yet and wanted to before he got the DS version, but he was stuck and needed my help. So IN ACTUALITY I was ****** Azen because I am amazing.

P.S. I went to Atlanta and didn't get beat by an SUV

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
<<<(Tanya)
Sup mangz! Here are the pictures as I promised (To Bach Anyways)

Bach: LOST pwns! Totally looking foreward to finding out what Kate did. I should have taken more pictures/videos. Well AIM me: Rumikun if you want more pictures that I didn't post here.

Team Ben: Really great meeting you! I should take more money from you in poker soon!

Mow: Had a lot of fun, especially riding the elevator from the 20th floor to the motor lobby LMAO. Buy a Hair straitener, I'm telling you. BTW my Aim is: Rumikun. MSG me sometime!

Isai: How come I didn't get any Mr. Happy?

Mike G: Thanks so much for letting us stay with you a while longer! YOUR.. HOUSE... IS.... AWSOME!!! You better invite me to that tourny you're holding there! *hugs*

Ken: Great meeting you too. Too bad you couldn't bring Helen, I would have liked to have met her. Good luck on that homework.

Everyone else: I don't think I missed anyone but just in case ... I had tons of fun!

Azen enjoying a little Chu love

Chudat pose a la Bach and Isai

Chu, Azen and Bach

Team Ben @ Hooters (From left to right: Bach, Wife, Isai, Oro, Husband)

Chudat pose a la Ken

Who wants a some Mr. Happy?

**** right I pwned in poker mangz! (Clockwise starting from left: Wife, Bach, Azen, Oro, Husand, Rumikun[Me])

Awww... stay away from Azen, 'cause Husband will bite!

Massage Train Mangz! (From left to right: Mike [is behind] Isai, Chu, Azen)

Go Mike!

And where would we be with out a little Chu? (and Mike G!) YEA MANGZ!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
after going to bed last night and thinking about the crazy flying saucer isai saw, i looked out my window and saw a shooting star (or maybe it was superman) i dont know...

after that i feel right asleep.

after having the same dream(nightmare) over and over and over and trying to figure out what it meant

I finally came to a conclusion.

the dream was indeed related to smash. I found out that I love smash, i love every aspect of playing the game, from L-canceling or to just swinging marth's sword left and right and magically pulling off Ken combo's. But the thing that I don't like about smash were some of the people who play smash ( not the community as a whole but some of the people) are just jerks.

first of all, everyone must know what I am going through being supposely (#1 in the world). (or some people don't at all) so let me explain. I get constantly spammed, harrassed and to the point where i get constantly kicked off aim. I am sorry that I am a jerk sometimes, but i have lots of stress worrying about school, tournaments and other things going on in my life.

I guess I'm okay with that since its on aim or online whatsoever. But then when i go to tournaments its a completely different story. Everyones always cheering for me to lose except my family, chu and isai. heh and maybe some socal peeps " hugs gabe wolf pedro gus thomas etc love you guys" and some people just have no respect at all and thats what ticks me off. This is what makes the community an unpleasant one and makes me less want to participate.

I'll start off with why i did that post. 1st of all I would like to say that KM I am not dumb for making that post because I just wanted to see team ben's and chillins reaction to it. Moreover I am actually pretty smart having a 3.7gpa at school and having an extreme talent for art. Okay with that matter gone, before this tournament chillindude and I had a truce. hmmm what happened to that truce, when I beat azen 2 sets in a row? there was no truce at all, chillindude just went on the DC++ hub saying "KEN PLAYS A CHEAP FOX THATS WHY HE BEAT AZEN, HE CAMPED" and I heard everyone in the hub, including WJ started dissing me.

Now now now, why would you say something like that if we had a truce? and where are you getting this from? Oh must've been Bach "biased" So thus comes to the question, why does chillindude hate me so? hmm he can't hate me because of my personality because chillin does not know me. So therefore he has to hate me because of my extreme talent for smash, or is it the fact that i beat azen once again?
And why is chillin always talking for azen, now lets refer chillin as azen's shadow (AS). so AS hates me because he is jealous. lets refer what i said earlier and let me rephrase myself so you can understand do to ambiguity.

OMG WTF KOREAN BBQ!? azen using gay(as isai said before, nothing wrong with using the word gay) (mute city a stage i do not like) mute city on me? makes me think differently on you now (you've changed) you play to win, just like me. I don't think it has a negative tone at all, change can be a good or a bad thing. (IE: you've change to become a better man, or you've changed to become a jack ***) apparently as chillin would think "I ALWAYS SAY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT AZEN"

Azen- i truely respect you as a player and have said many good things about you. If you truely think i dislike you then
1) i wouldn't have let you come into my hotel room
2) i wouldn't have let you sleep in my hotel room
3) i wouldn't have said " here azen you can use this blanket and pillow"
I never hated you, i just think you should speak for youself and not let AS speak for you or anyone else. I really thought we could have become good friends since we had so much in common. It's not because of your smash skills or anything because im good friends with Isai and Chu and they are also a threat to me in smash. its because chu doesn't let anyone speak for him nor does isai. It's because you always let Anden and chillin speak for you and I once remember you said "Azen is Azen" in gunbound and no one will speak for you, but apparently chillin is still speaking for you. I think thats the real problem between you and I.

( at GS2 at husbands house)
chillin: OMG MCDONALDS I want MCdonalds too, can i have a big mac large fries triple cheeseburger etc and oh yea azen wants a hamburger too. speak for yourself man

ok now for Team Ben

Bach: I must say i had a great time with you in Japan but i also learn who you really are. when your not with "Team Ben or around Tournament a scene" you're the coolest guy ever but once you are you just turn into a total disrespectful person. You think that you're the **** and you get hella annoying. I remember Isai was even pissed off at you in Japan, furthermore my sister at melee FC. Now i know why they were. You knock on my hotel room at 7am in the morning (4 am in WC time) i open the door and you start taping me? Wtf? then i close the door to clean up all my dirty clothes on the floor then i let you and azen in my hotel room and the first thing you said was "azens going to beat you at this tournament" ???????? even azen said "wow" how about, " how was your flight ken?" "or how have you been doing?" You never once thanked me for getting you over to japan. Then you go on the boards and diss Ray(mlg asian guy) saying that you're not going to let him come near the smash scene? i thought he was doing an excellent job. You should be considering yourself lucky Clap let you help run the tournament and giving you a free hotel room and paying you on top of that. Then you call me up on my cell phone while i was eating out with Mike G, isai, chu, bobby, gym, corey and say "We are having a **** good time at steak and shake" "sucks to be you guys" wow..... wtf?? how much teasing do you want to do? And then at the poker table they make that rule and im like "bach you've known me long enough to say i wouldnt do such a thing!" and you agree with with husband and wife? wow it doesn't matter how long you knew them to say that or choose sides, this is how long and how considerate I've been to you. you basically just said " I'm an *******"

husband and wife: You guys diss DA wes all the time saying "wife beats wes" wes sucks. so when I say "newly weds are over rated" it's not the same as you guys saying wes sucks? if you guys have bragging rights for beating DA shouldn't I have all the bragging rights in the world? furthermore husband goes on and disses Florida so badly. Florida proved that they do not suck at all. synikal was pretty good, and thomas tipman, rockcrock and queen. Wife you're right it sucks to be good at something, then when someone beats you "IE chillin" they just spam on forever telling everyone.
So "I guess someone doesn't know how how to take a tease, oh how well they won't fair in the future"

Oro: i think your pretty cool, hope you stay cool :D, your very considerate *samus taunt*

Neo: yea sorry we can't be apprentice and master and sorry for the argument. hope you understand, we can still be homies. Looking foward to seeing and playing against you

This is probably the longest post i've ever made. I thought about retiring after NYC championships but now i don't want too. i rather play smash and beat the ppl i don't like. As for people spreading rumors about me being a ******* it's not true, if you really meet me or know who i am, i am one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

I'm done- off to finals and homework

Wife

Smash Lord
Ken I tried to make conversation with you in real life and you completely ignored me. I said good matches and I got nothing more than a few mumbled words I couldn't make out. The only time you bothered to speak to me all weekend was when you told me I was stupid for living on campus.

So if you think I'm going to take the time to read that entire post and whatever you said to me you are sorely mistaken.

Don't try to make up for how you act, because it's not a matter of everyone ganging up on you. You are a grumpy gus and you are rude. And if you weren't then this wouldn't be happening to you. It's not happening to me, or Husband, or Isai, or Azen.
Good luck trying to find someone who doesn't like Azen, and he's #2 so don't use that as an excuse.

You should retire from smash or get a different attitude. Don't fly across the country and win a few grand and tell everyone you don't ever have any fun, that's insulting. We don't want a person like that at our tournaments where everyone else is having fun.

Unbelievable. I don't even feel like Samus taunting.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
sephirothken said:
Bach: I must say i had a great time with you in Japan but i also learn who you really are. when your not with "Team Ben or around Tournament a scene" you're the coolest guy ever but once you are you just turn into a total disrespectful person. You think that you're the **** and you get hella annoying. I remember Isai was even pissed off at you in Japan, furthermore my sister at melee FC. Now i know why they were. You knock on my hotel room at 7am in the morning (4 am in WC time) i open the door and you start taping me? Wtf? then i close the door to clean up all my dirty clothes on the floor then i let you and azen in my hotel room and the first thing you said was "azens going to beat you at this tournament" ???????? even azen said "wow" how about, " how was your flight ken?" "or how have you been doing?" You never once thanked me for getting you over to japan. Then you go on the boards and diss Ray(mlg asian guy) saying that you're not going to let him come near the smash scene? i thought he was doing an excellent job. You should be considering yourself lucky Clap let you help run the tournament and giving you a free hotel room and paying you on top of that. Then you call me up on my cell phone while i was eating out with Mike G, isai, chu, bobby, gym, corey and say "We are having a **** good time at steak and shake" "sucks to be you guys" wow..... wtf?? how much teasing do you want to do? And then at the poker table they make that rule and im like "bach you've known me long enough to say i wouldnt do such a thing!" and you agree with with husband and wife? wow it doesn't matter how long you knew them to say that or choose sides, this is how long and how considerate I've been to you. you basically just said " I'm an *******"
Chill the **** out - you see things in a totally different light -

First off - you're a great guy, and i had a ****ing amazing time with you guys in Japan. Who was it that climbed mt. fuji with you, completing one of the most grueling chalanges you, or I have ever faced? I am just like that all the time, you can ask anyone.

FC3 - i have no idea why your sister snapped at me. She seems like an angry person.

Who was the first person i wanted to see as soon as i got there? Ken - So Azen and i went to see you.

The whole Ray thing was my fault, and i apologized - i miss understood a bunch of crap, and was frustrated and vented, in the wrong place, at the wrong people. That is an isolated incident. Done.

I called you on the phone to see what you guys were up to, not to boast or some ****. We saw you guys when we were going to Steak n shake, so i called to say Hi.

Poker, we were teasing you, chill the **** out.

And ofcourse i'm a little biased, you would be too if you had known Team Ben for ~8-9 yrs. They're my best friends. My montages have become less and less biased everytime.

Maybe if you lightened up a little, people would be more suportive. As you are now, you are the "mighty Ken" that some underdog must de-throne. As you said, you're number 1 in the world, and that makes everyone else the underdog - Everyone cheers on an underdog, because they arn't expected to win. That goes with the territory of being the best. You just need to get used to it.

When i went to interview you after MLG Atlanta, you were very negative, and condisending.

People wonder why "Ken, the best in the world" isn't sponsored by MLG. I'll take a guess that your attitude has something to do with it.

I will do everything in my power, to aid MLG and the Smash Community as a whole the rest of this year and next - I am a very selfless person as you know, Ken.

I care about you in this community, and i am extreamly pleased to see you saying

sephirothken said:
I finally came to a conclusion.

the dream was indeed related to smash. I found out that I love smash, i love every aspect of playing the game, from L-canceling or to just swinging marth's sword left and right and magically pulling off Ken combo's
However, right after seeing you post something redeeming, and positive - you *******ize it

sephirothken said:
i rather play smash and beat the ppl i don't like
That's the Ken that gets the bad press.

The Ken you seem to be refering to is the nice carefree Ken from our trip to Japan. You know why you were so pleasent then? Because Smash took a back seat - it really wasn't on the agenda, we went around japan and went sight seeing. Durring the tournament, you just chose Marth and had fun, if you won, you won - if you didn't - that's ok too.

I really think if you are getting this upset, maybe you should adopt that mentality again. Just play the game for fun! If you win, wonderful! everyone will cheer and clap for you like when you won FC3. If not - that's ok too!

Ken you are a really nice person, it just seems the tournaments have been rubbing you wrong.

I'll be pleased to see you in Chicago, Along with Isai, and the rest of our wonderful smash community.

~Bach

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Ummm....yeah I'll try to make these shoutouts quick so as not to interfere with these currently more interesting and dramatic developments....

Had a lot of fun. Great to finally meet the some of the faces behind the videos and avatars. Didn't play my best, but I think I had a respectable showing, so I don't really have any regrets...well except for Chu 4 stocking my Falcon with Bowser : /.

Team Ben:

Glad to play you guys again. Oro you've also gotten much better since Orlando, as expected. Amazing Peach Wifey and thanks for the tips. Husband good matches. Glad I was able to hang with you guys a lil' better this time, next time I expect to be able to compete with all of you directly.

Azen: I really appreciated you playing me so long and thanks for the tips. You're a cool cat.

Ken: I really appreciate the matches.

Isai: LOL. You said "San Jose"? I could have sworn you said "Salazay" or some ****. That's why I acted so ignorant in regards to where you came from. I'm like "Salazay -- 4th largest city in the US? I never heard of that ****". If I were you, I would think I was a dumb@ss.

Mike G: Finally got to see that Peach in action and I wasn't dissapponted in the least. That **** you were doing on the platforms on Poke' Stadium made my jaw drop. Because of you I'm seriously entertaining the idea of playing Peach.

Bach: Aside from the fact that I had to fight Tip immediately in losers, I had no problems with the way the tourney was run. I think you and Ray did a good job -- this was worlds better than Orlando. You're also a cool cat and very respectable. Nice meeting you.

Chu: You've grown a lot since last year. You're prolly taller than me and last year you seriously were like, up to my groin. Kids these days.

I hate your Bowser. That is all.

Tipman: You eliminated me you're still a ***.

1UP: That Sheik is getting too good. Stop playing.

DooDah: Why the hell don't we Smash more? You live like 15 min. away from me. Call me.

Jennifer: Again I think your amazing for doing us all the favor of driving 11 hrs to ATL and back. I thank you whole heartedly.

Halo: Thanks for the compliments man. They mean a lot coming from you. I pride myself a lot in my technical abilities, as do you, I'm sure. While I may have more techniques under my belt than you ATM, Meleeguy was right, you are faster than me. Very impressive stuff. Don't stay away for too long, I need someone to keep me motivated to stay on top pf my technicals :p

Yeah this is already longer than I wanted. Till' next time peeps! Let the drama commence!

-Syn
(*Samus taunt*?)

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

Ken: I don't really Let them talk for me. Its their choice that they do and I don't want to tell them not to ever talk about me again. I don't think its that wrong for people to defend me at times; I just have enough respect that they are kind enough to. And if you ever want the real deal, you could just hit me up whenever. I don't think ordering from McDonald's is such an important occasion, I told Kevin exactly what I wanted from there anyway. I hope we meet up more soon, perhaps in Chicago or NYC. I'm not sure I could go to Chicago though.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
BACH said:
Maybe if you lightened up a little, people would be more suportive. As you are now, you are the "mighty Ken" that some underdog must de-throne. As you said, you're number 1 in the world, and that makes everyone else the underdog - Everyone cheers on an underdog, because they arn't expected to win. That goes with the territory of being the best. You just need to get used to it.
Quoted for truth.

This is the point I was trying to get across in the USA vs Japan thread, when Ken thought I was attacking him. Smash is a very competititve arena now and like anything else that breeds genuine, competitive spirit, the fans always want to see the upset. People don't root against you becuase they don't like you Ken, they want to see you lose because they're tired of seeing you win. It's nothing personal at all.

And for the record I didn't care who won the finals matches -- I was too busy trying to dissect minute aspects of how you guys play.

-Kye

malva00

Smash Master
Wife said:
Ken I tried to make conversation with you in real life and you completely ignored me.
I know what you're talking about. At the tournament you were all jumping up and down shouting Ken's name and he just gave you a weird look or something.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
haha as far as im concerned if anyone asks me who taught me roy and marth i'll still say ken... i still view you as my teach but i just think you took our convo out of context, it's w/e

Top Bottom