• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South MLG Eastern Conference Championship - Atlanta

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Yeah Happy and I had a really good go at the newly weds. I just wish it was the match we were suposed to have been having. It was getting toward the end and were were within a life or two. Blake and I were playing really well which I enjoyed. I bet they would have won still but ugh still kinda annoyed that the match ups were messed up.

Tink

Smash Hero
OMG, Bach needs to stay at the Big Cs for the MLG chicago....but if he doesnt, thats still cool to!!!!

chillindude829

Smash Master
So, if the entire tournament was 2/3, then Wife should have beat Ken and Husband should have beat Isai?

:/

Edit: Also,

sephirothken said:
wtf? azen picking gay stages like mute city on me? wow~ kindda think differently on you now

newlyweds weren't much of a challenge, i think they are over rated, you guys should have let azen and oro have a 2nd chance at beating us

next time, wife you die
Azen picking gay stages? So DK64 isn't a gay stage now? And what about you running away and spamming lasers? wow~

and dont talk sh*t about newlyweds, no reason to, just cuz isai saves your ass every team tournament doesnt mean you need to talk sh*t, and wife ***** you in singles too, got lucky on the 3/5 instead of 2/3 BS

wait till finals ken, just wait, this time ill take you out in winner's and loser's

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
That would be correct - shame we didn't find out till everything was over - we won't make the same mistake with M3D at the helm in Chicago

Also - Rainbow cruise was on random, and we didn't catch that ethier -

M3D we miss you! i can't fill your shoes!

D

Deleted member

sephirothken said:
PS: why are you guys still called newlyweds? how long has it been? time for a new name
YES I was saying the same thing to Wes. It's been like 2-3 years lol rename yourselves the Odd Couple.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

Team Ben: I was really impressed by Team Ben's performance in this tournament. They really stepped it up and showed that they are no joke. You will not be able to sleep on them and get away unscathed, no way, they are way above that level. No Jones. Team Ben are Top players.

Chu: I think you should have waited and just trained with me instead of randomly jumping into the match. But oh well, we'll get better for next time ^_^ You're too good, driving all those hours for your first time. You got dis mangz!

Mow: It was cool that you came, more people need to stop hating!

Isai: Fun hanging with you again!

Mike G: Yoshi and Egg1! You know Oro is the real Samus =P

Ken: You chose DK64, now I'm going to have to think differently about you personally. Just kidding, I'm not like that, choosing stages in a game doesn't have anything to do with how cool someone is =D Good games though.

Senikal (sp?): You're really good! It was fun stuff.

Tippman: Weird style Ganondorf, it was interesting. Nice playing you.

Everyone I played: Good Stuff, No Jones!

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
wtf @ ken's bitterness cuz he lost some matches.. terrible

you don't care about melee yet you tie personal relationships to the game... "okay ken"

Dynasty

Smash Rookie
MLG was awesome (even though Husband beat me worse than anyone ever has in my entire life). We should get some sort of forum where we trade friend codes for ds, and play each other on wifi in mario cart. Me(Russ), Bach, and Mike G. had a good old time. Anyway, good matches, awesome to get royally mauled by some pros.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dynasty said:
MLG was awesome (even though Husband beat me worse than anyone ever has in my entire life). We should get some sort of forum where we trade friend codes for ds, and play each other on wifi in mario cart. Me(Russ), Bach, and Mike G. had a good old time. Anyway, good matches, awesome to get royally mauled by some pros.

if you look you shal find

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=33848

chillindude829

Smash Master
Pictures from Bach - ATL edition (click thumbnails to enlarge, captions mostly from me)

Azen and Bach snuggling

Oro and Azen playing DS - if it's MKDS, Oro is losing

Azen stretching out

Table at some restaurant. In order from left to right: Oro's dad, Wife, Chu's sister, Chu, Azen (attempting a chu dat pose), Husband, Oro

Chu's sister Tanya playing poker with Team Ben-
Bach: she kicked our *****
Bach: she borrowed 10 from chu to play, and gave back what she borrowed mid way through, and finished with 22$

Chu Dat massaging Isai, Azen playing DS

Chu Dat massaging Isai, Azen playing DS

"Husband likes to drive 12h non-stop while txt'n and playing pokemon" -Bach

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
wow so much hate on me, exactly what it's like at tournaments. Can't wait till championships are over so i don't have to deal with this **** ever again

newlyweds should know i kid about this kind of thing all the time. Husband and Wife were actually the cocky ones at mcdonalds telling me how they were going to beat isai and I on teams and how bad they were going to do it. And it was just a suggestion on changing their names since they aren't "newly weds" anymore. I know for a fact that they will come back stronger than ever next time

and wtf that statement i made about azen picking gay mute city on me wasn't dissing his personality at all. I mean that azen is playing to win and not "for fun" anymore. It makes me think differently of him because he is stepping it up competitively
its more of something like " good ****" as husband would say

DK64 is actually in favor of peach over fox. as for lazer spamming camping? well if azens going to stand there and wait till i jump in and up smash and then downsmash me what other choice do i have to make him come and fight?

and yes if the tournament was 2/3 that wouldn't mean wife would have beaten me b/c rainbow cruise wasn't supposed to be on "Random" therefore it would be wife 1(yoshis story) and me winning the next 2 matches on pokemon and fd right? just logic...

and it's true, i dont give a **** about melee, do you think i had fun at the tournament or i was even happy at one point playing smash at all?

and i agree bach shouldn't be running the MLG tournaments, most of the things he does are infavor of team ben/h2yl sheer biasness
even look at the montages

wow what's going to happen at championships? chillin is going to take me out of winners and losers! wow I can't wait, maybe i should start training in smash instead of playing warcraft

i see how much h2yl/team ben really hates me i guess this means the truce is off. i say some things i "Usually or always" say about husband in person or wife and the whole herd jumps on me. wowzers....

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
no one is hating on you ken, you were being a bad sport.. if melee was just for fun for you, you wouldn't use fox. you've been a hypocrite

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
how am i being a bad sport? i never said i played for fun, azen has always said he does even in tournaments not to win.

i play to win and for the money. And if i didnt get free trips to the mlg tournaments i wouldn't have come. i haven't been a hypocrite im just getting hated.

its just like when i was playing poker with team ben. they were like " we better make a rule so when you win 2 big hands you just can't quit and cash in" and everyone was pointing to me wtf? even BACH which i was freaking surprised.

i spent 2 weeks with this guy in japan, basically helped him out with all the japanese knowledge i knew, let him borrow $100 yen b/c i trusted him and yet he sides with team ben saying "yea ken would do something like that" wtf you guys don't even know me

chillindude829

Smash Master
Ken don't try to change your meaning, it's clear you were referring to Azen picking Mute City in a negative tone, that's why you called it a "gay stage", or else you would've said "looks like azen's playing to win now", which still would've been negative coming from you cuz you never say anything nice about Azen. As for practicing, yeah okay I believe you, all you do is play Warcraft. All I have to say is - good clux in New York, if it's your last tourney then it will be a sad one for you

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
WOW...

seriously... why do you nerds always FIGHT when I'm not at an event. First the Florida shenanigans and now this? Everyone get over yourselves. It's a video game. Until you guys can make a living playing it professionally (at least 1-2 years away for Smashers) then there's no reason to brag, boast, fight or be bad sports about anything.

And let's get something straight children... regardless of whether you're there to have fun with your friends or to win a bunch of money and be the best, there is nothing wrong with playing to win. Neither DK64 or Mute City are gay stages... they're stages that require a bit of extra strategy on top of the already IMPRESSIVE amount of skill all of you ALL have.

Frankly, I hope I'm never top 10 in any game because it appears that to become so requires that you to act like you're 4... or a scrub all over again. Everyone grow up or M3D is gonna spank you and send you to your rooms without any dinner in Chicago.

/grumpy old man

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
sephirothken said:
how am i being a bad sport? i never said i played for fun, azen has always said he does even in tournaments not to win.

i play to win and for the money. And if i didnt get free trips to the mlg tournaments i wouldn't have come. i haven't been a hypocrite im just getting hated.

its just like when i was playing poker with team ben. they were like " we better make a rule so when you win 2 big hands you just can't quit and cash in" and everyone was pointing to me wtf? even BACH which i was freaking surprised.

i spent 2 weeks with this guy in japan, basically helped him out with all the japanese knowledge i knew, let him borrow $100 yen b/c i trusted him and yet he sides with team ben saying "yea ken would do something like that" wtf you guys don't even know me
Now i think someone needs to learn how to take being teased

Ken, if you can't take us teasing you, i don't know how you will fare in the future.

sephirothken said:
and it's true, i dont give a **** about melee, do you think i had fun at the tournament or i was even happy at one point playing smash at all?
Then why do you come? The smash community will be pleased to have rid ourselves of a hater like yourself when the season is over. See you in Chicago.

D

Deleted member

actually, this is the first time I got to hang out with ken by any means. I think ken is a cool guy. Aside from smash which no one seems to care about anymore, ken is pretty darn good at drawing and has a very good amount of cultural insight. Ken and Isai also let me stay in the hotel with them, saving me the hassle of finding a hotel and the actual hotel expenses.

thank you, on multiple levels.

I played the legendary Malva00 at ssb64 for a total of 6 hours, mostly link dittos or random matches with yoshi lol. What a blast, but man it got me so tired :o Thanks for showing me the Ultimate Glitch and the DI practice, and for letting me stay with you the last night. Thanks for offering me the bed, even though like only Ken slept lol.

Ken slept 2 hours, me and isai never slept really, chu slept an hour and woke up at 3:30 to smoke, which woke up mike g in the process, and I woke up tanya to let me in the room when I got locked out.

ChuDanz- nice to finally meet you as a person. Thanks for using my wack controller, makes me look good as a technical guy lol. The smoking isn't good but I'm not your mother. Good fun hanging out. Too bad it was seriously freezing outside, talking on your cigarette breaks.

Tanya- way to flip out when your brother got 3rd, geez. 3rd is great from my point of view >_> you can IM me or w/e @ MycatgoesMow if you're ever on aim. If not, see you somewhere else I guess. EC fo lyfe =)

mike g- you knocked me out and now dave posts smack on you when he got what like 33rd at bomb4? LOL. next time we want to go to a cool restaurant I hope we're in 'dress code' lolz. PS you're great at hugging, and I needed one lol.

WES- thank you for the ride and the housing and being a literally kick *** teammate. You still stole my controller though lol. j/k. We should try double zelda in the future I think. I can only hope we get our checks though.

wife- young link is the real deal, no joke. you made your point very clearly.

everyone else- good stuff, no jones. It was great hanging out with everyone even tho I did poorly in the tournament. There was no one that ticked me off, and I thought everyone I played at least was kind and a good sport.

best quote: "You know the jigglypuff is a guy cause it ****s and then goes to sleep." LOL LOL
good **** tom.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
teh shout outs:

Oro: GGs man, you a a great samus and an even better sheik :cry: . hope we can play again some time soon.

Bach: it was cool meeting you, great job on keeping the tourney in check and getting some matches recorded. next time you should sit down and smash some.

Wife: we never had a chance to do teams. i had fun in the few matches we had though.

Husband: GGs aswell, from the post on top of the page im glad i didnt play poker with you guys or Chu's sister might have robbed me too. it was awsome playing your marth but dispite our friendlies im still knocking out final d (bad luck stage).

Chu Dat: ROFLMAO when you ***** synikals cfalcon with bowser, that was truly hilarious. playing one handed smash with you was fun and maybe we can do it again some time.

Azen: i had fun playing your many a characters (youre really good with alot). bowser vs DK is by far the most fun match up in the game.

Mow: that was an awsome mewtwo you had but it didnt beat ganon. i think its fair to say the gerudo king is the better villan :laugh: . GGs though, you have a nice fox and a pretty bad *** roy.

Halo5god: it was fun playing those matches with you. you should stop by south FL more often so we can smash some.

doh dah: hahaha you ****ing ******* farting in the bed right next to me. i had madd fun chillen with you and watching you break the bar in that parking lot and tricking that bum into trying to by weed from us (that was hilarious). minus for your farts it was all good. though im a bit surprised you have such a clean mouth, i didnt hear you curse but once the whole time.[/ub3rFukingli3]

1-up: that sheik was real good, on the way back from atlanta you were owning it up hardcore in the van for a good while. i thought it was funny that in the middle of the night you randomly open a soda super slow and try to drink it as quiet as possible, nasty how you said it had wing sause on it *ewww*. it glad to have met you and thanks for all the ICs vs sheik matches. we gotta smash again sometime.

Gary: the most asked questions on the trip is "Where's Gary?" and "Is Gary sleeping?". hahaha where did you go that you were gone 65% of the time there? cool chillen with you when you werent missing and smashing it up. when we went to the gas station and i got that breakfest sandwitch i think that ***** did something to it, she was looking at me all funny.

synikal: good **** in the tourney, sucks we had to play though. im gonna try to play some soul calibur 3 so i can be cheap with those monster glitches. remeber my stratigy is "being predictable". :laugh:

jennifer: awsome that you drove both from to and back from atlanta *props*. we only played once and i know now that that mountain in pokemon stadium is where you get cheap and steal stocks from people. cool meeting you and glad you could drop my off at syn's though i think its disgusting that you leave your pubes on the bar of soap.

D

Deleted member

Thomas Tipman said:
Mow: that was an awsome mewtwo you had but it didnt beat ganon. i think its fair to say the gerudo king is the better villan :laugh: . GGs though, you have a nice fox and a pretty bad *** roy.
you're wack lol I spent a whole stock just trying to sleep you XD had there been $20 involved I'm sure the results would have been much different ^_~ And my Roy is garbs lol.

I saw you trying to upair edgeguard me I was like 'oh ****' lol. I prefer ganon's WD off the edge to bair but hey I spam that **** with Ness so it's more habit than anything.

malva00

Smash Master
3/5 is way better than 2/3.

That was a great mistake, it should always be like that unless there's not enough time. Anyone who only thinks about who would have won or lost is dumb.

Ken has said something good about Azen, chillindude829. In Japan he said, "if Azen was here he'd 3(or 4) stock all the Japanese he's too good" I don't know about those last 3 words but the rest is true.

Nothing's wrong with Azen trying to win. I guess the way Ken said it at first just sounded bad. Kind of did to me. Nothing's wrong with saying a stage is gay. I think some people are overreacting ESPECIALLY Nathaniel those last 2 words I just put for fun.

It's my fault that I missed my flight. I usually go to the airport pretty early but didn't want you guys to get up so early.

More importantly, I saw a flying saucer fly up from behind the terminal buildings at the San Jose airport a few hours ago. It was small, dark black and round looking. Wasn't a plane at all(unless it was). No joke.

Edit: WOAAH I was just on the elevator.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

Mute City is a fun level to me. If Temple or Brinstar Depths weren't banned, I'd choose them too. I guess not many people like Mute City. Green Greens is gay! lolll

jv3x3

Smash Champion
but somehow someway i keep comin up with funky *** **** like every single day

D

Deleted member

how is it that husband went 1-2 and got 5th? when wife went 1-2 and got 7th? same with mike g? when I went 1-2 and didn't even make top 8?

And we all went to 3 round, no byes involved. If anything, Oro and Isai did the same going 2-2 (after isai's bye) and they're not placed evenly either. what gives?

I did equally good as 3 other players but I don't qualify when they all did. Interesting.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
*Samus Taunt*

I had a great time at this. The hotel was great, the food was great, the hanging out was great, seeing my dad was great, fighting in the tournament was great. I can't wait to see everyone again at the finals in NYC.

But as great as this weekend was, I don't think that I'll go to another MLG if M3D isn't going to be there. M3D is MLG, without M3D, MLG feels like Vgames 2.0. Nobody knew what was going on with the brackets, rules, matches, anything. There's so much room for controversy when M3D isn't there, because everyone trusts M3D to run the tournament the way it's supposed to be run. Nobody else can be trusted to take the helm of MLG.

Husband

Smash Lord
I dont get it. This is the first chance i have to post after the tourny and so much has been said.

-I dont care what the first stage was wife vs ken, wife still would have won. And i still would have beaten isai in the 2 out of 3 cuz we didnt get any bull**** stages. That ****ing kids rule set lost me $400

-Of course bach still sides with team ben. I guess since he spends two weeks with you ken, that out does him knowing wife since 1st grade, knowing oro from 6th and me from 7th. Two weeks with almighty ken must be better in his eyes

-Samus Taunt

-Nice matches TT. I still think you should go FD. lol

-Wife is sexy

-Chillindude is amazing

malva00

Smash Master
Husband said:
-I dont care what the first stage was wife vs ken, wife still would have won. And i still would have beaten isai in the 2 out of 3 cuz we didnt get any bull**** stages. That ****ing kids rule set lost me $400
Not beating Isai's Link on FD after he just slowly stood and walked around cost you $400.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
isai is a beast! cant wait till chicago mlg i will play u all day and night but id prefer we all go clubbing in chi town id like to see how the ladies get down :D

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
By the way, I really like the way Chillin kept updated brackets and stuff for this tournament. Really nice. I hope to see people do that for more tournaments from now on, especially ones that I don't get a chance to go to. Props to Chillin.

*Samus taunt*

Husband

Smash Lord
Ill give you that one Isai. LOL you were just walking around, i thought you were waiting to do an amazing combo like that lil asain guy off the Simpsons. I could have swore you were about to do something amazing any second so i kept my distance. lol.

Oro, thats because Chillindude 829 is amazingly awesome and retardily fast.

Top Bottom