• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG 2007 Smash Series: Long Island, NY May 5-6th (Check MLGpro for event recaps)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
if the college and alejandro are filled up and if i can ask the rents i may be able to husband how many of you guys are there?

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah, you're right. Forgot to put the extra " ' " in to make it 13''. I'd be very suprised if such a small mistake misled anyone, though.

Hopefully registration is still open. I was busy all of yesterday, and for some reason, the site doesn't want to log me in right now. Dunno why, so I'll just try again later today.

Gran_Calc

Smash Rookie
If you are unable to log in to the MLGpro.com site (the site was down moments earlier), then try the following:

1) Make sure no browser windows or tabs are pointing to MLGpro.com or any sub-page

2) Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools --> Internet Options. Click on the 'Delete Files' and 'Delete Cookies' buttons.
In Mozilla FireFox, go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cookies, then click on the 'Clear Cookies Now' button. Go to Cache, then click on the 'Clear Cache Now' button.

3) Go back to MLGpro.com and try logging in.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
I updated the first post with some hotel information for anyone that needs it. Anyway, only 1 week!

Husband, i wish we could leave the tournament uncapped. But with space/time/setup/staff issues we have to cap it. So everyone make sure to get your passes.

Tink, last year we would transfer your passes to a different event since we dont offer refunds. With each of these events having their own prize pool I dont know if it will work, but ill see what i can do about transferring your pass to pound or going towards fc. Best bet would be to get to NY though!

Husband

Smash Lord
I understand JV. You know I always just had personal issues with the capping. Staff and Halo guys would talk about how Smash never got enough numbers but how were we suppose to when they were capping us. And we broke the cap plenty of times. Just frustrating

jv3x3

Smash Champion
I understand JV. You know I always just had personal issues with the capping. Staff and Halo guys would talk about how Smash never got enough numbers but how were we suppose to when they were capping us. And we broke the cap plenty of times. Just frustrating
Yeah, I understand. Im in the same boat and never liked turning anyone away (and i made every effort not to). We extended the cap multiple times, got more space, and got more setups during the course of last season though. So we did make a lot of progress. Halo capped out every event last season too. And that was with preregistrations, so it was a give and take both ways. Anyway that just shows how much mlg/gaming is growing in general we broke 200 for smash last year and i cant wait for 300,400,500 people smash tournaments.

Tink

Smash Hero
Alright sooo....unless the tickets go up before sunday, i need to know who can pick me up from the airport??? its hella cheap right now, only like 100 round trip, so can anybody pick me upss? also, i need a partner now <_<.

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey JV say for instance...

Smasher 1 has a credit card...

Smasher 2 doesn't...

so Smasher 2 gives Smasher one money for MLG tickets...

...and Smasher 1 purchases 2 Singles Passes...

...is this possible?

Can I put a name for both passes...or does MLG only accept one credit card (payment) per smasher?

I'm askin this cuz I wanna buy 2 tix to let me and Bum go to this but I'm not sure if I could also buy him tix w/ my card or not...just trying to clear it up.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I can't believe this almost flew under the radar. ._.;;;

I'm gonna go, but I think Trail(if he's going) and I will need a ride there. I'm not sure if Dope, Joel, or any of the other MI people will be going to this. CoK? Tink? Help? ;_;

Tink

Smash Hero
i dont really have a car that will drive that far. do you or trail or anyone have one? i know TJ wanted to go, but didnt want to drive that far with his car.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Can someone get me the ticket for MLG singles and doubles with they card? All my cards are at they limits literally. I'll give you the money even b4 you pay online. Anyone?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
WK get a visa gift card at like a cvs or some **** it will work online. u can buy it wit cash and use it nonline.

can u bring my $10 to this **** since im not gonna be at gaunt?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Can someone get me the ticket for MLG singles and doubles with they card? All my cards are at they limits literally. I'll give you the money even b4 you pay online. Anyone?
If you need one so bad, you can have my singles. I found out I won't be able to attend this(due to lack of time before I found out and that I need to look for a job ASAP when I get home). Though I have no clue how to transfer it over to you.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yao wk since im not gonna be at gaunt today can ya just have the 10 for this? =P ty

Rei

Smash Cadet
We still could use more setups. Is anyone willing?

I'll make it worth your while. :D

Tink, if you need to be picked up I'll most likely be able to round someone up to get you. Let me know if you really need it.

My number is 516-860-4698. Hit me up Sat and Sun if you guys need a ride from the train station or the airport. I'll try to accomodate as best I can.

I've still yet to get confirmation from the people who "might of" needed housing. I"m going to give one e-mail to you guys and see whats up. If I don't get a response promptly, I'm giving the five spots I have to Team Ben or someone else who really needs it.

Think that covers most of it. The tourny is rigvht around the bend, so if you guys have any questions, now would be the time. ^^

jv3x3

Smash Champion
just to clarify, JV, you'll be here running this sheezy right? cuz you're an amazing tourney host and it just wouldnt be MLG without you

JV are there any consent forms or anything required for this, and are prizes going to be checks mailed later or cash @ the tourney?

Thanks chillin... appreciate it. And yes i will be there overseeing everything. Rei and his crew will be handling a lot of the functions though. Btw you want me to put you down for food for the weekend too right?

We will have media release forms for everyone to do at the door.

Prizes. It will be like last year in terms of prize forms/mailed checks. A couple differences though. The money we are adding to the pot (which looks to be close to 800) will be payed out in cash at the tournament, and the check turn-around time will be quicker than main tour stuff. I was told 3-4 weeks.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Hey JV say for instance...

Smasher 1 has a credit card...

Smasher 2 doesn't...

so Smasher 2 gives Smasher one money for MLG tickets...

...and Smasher 1 purchases 2 Singles Passes...

...is this possible?

Can I put a name for both passes...or does MLG only accept one credit card (payment) per smasher?

I'm askin this cuz I wanna buy 2 tix to let me and Bum go to this but I'm not sure if I could also buy him tix w/ my card or not...just trying to clear it up.
Yes to make this clear you can buy as many passes as you want and transfer them to as many other people as you want.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Husband, call me later and let me know if/when Neo signed up for both singles and teams. The deadline to do both is TODAY and I don't wanna sign up for doubles w/o knowing if he's registering, too.

Has Team Ben found housing or are we sol?

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Hot I just signed up for this tourney for singles and doubles. Mass' Finest are gonna be representing at MLG ya heard.

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
I just signed for singles but i want 2 enter doubles also. anyone want 2 team with me? pm me
i do!!!

lol, j/k. me and ace are taking this early lol. (j/k) cant wait for this sheezy. i took work off this weekend. i better have a good time. and yeahuzzz for me goin to see spider man 3 wit a girl right before this. that should make it even more enjoyable lol.

Top Bottom