• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG 2007 Smash Series: Long Island, NY May 5-6th (Check MLGpro for event recaps)

R3N0

Smash Lord
Where is the link to register for it on MLGPRO? I can't find it on the site.

Tink

Smash Hero
so, whos needs a partner for this. im not sure whos all going yet <_<. also, who wants MMs?

KOREAN DJ! i want a MM since we have NEVER played before!

D1

Banned via Administration
Me need teammate! ...maybe... any free agents preferably from outta state ^_^.

Tink

Smash Hero
MAN! tickets to fly for this are only 39$ one way <_</ i might fly now, but i wouldnt mind driving to it either o,0.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Hmm...This sounds interesting. I'll definately try to make this, and I'm thinking about bringing my brother. He has a nasty Samus.

Husband

Smash Lord
For everyone who *****ed about how MLG was dropping smash, This is our last chance to attend something big. I think we shoud def get over 200 ppl at this for all the complaining that went down.

That means I better see Hugs, King, Ken, Isai, Foward and a **** load of other ppl from the south, WC and MW posting in this thread saying that they are coming. Forward, Get Woobles and CC out here!

MD/VA could most likely get 40 ppl on our own to show, haha. So lets all step it up for one last MLG tourney

Rei

Smash Cadet
For everyone who *****ed about how MLG was dropping smash, This is our last chance to attend something big. I think we shoud def get over 200 ppl at this for all the complaining that went down.

That means I better see Hugs, King, Ken, Isai, Foward and a **** load of other ppl from the south, WC and MW posting in this thread saying that they are coming. Forward, Get Woobles and CC out here!

MD/VA could most likely get 40 ppl on our own to show, haha. So lets all step it up for one last MLG tourney

Husband gets free food for being smart. :D

R3N0

Smash Lord
YO KDJ come down here and own the place up!! This'll be great because I live.. like.. 15 minutes from farmingdale =D i might be able to house like 1 or 2 people ...

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
YO KDJ come down here and own the place up!! This'll be great because I live.. like.. 15 minutes from farmingdale =D i might be able to house like 1 or 2 people ...

That sounds great. Let's see what my plans are for housing, but I'll definately take that into consideration. You can house me and my friend Marcus (JBlaze) if it works out. Those smashfests are mad fun.

HipHopSpam

Smash Apprentice
Pleazy is definitly gonna come rep the New York smash scene...This goes to any pro that needs housing ---> we're located 2 blocks from Time Square and can offer limited housing to certain peoples (those who have stayed with us before aka KDJ, MW pps, Team Ben have first dibs if they want). As far as getting to the event, the LIRR is 8 minutes from us aswell so we can get out to Long Island without any problems. PM if you need housing and we'll see what we can do.

Cia

das kwl
Win This For Ny

It's been such a long a long time since the last MLG tournament. I think many people will be surprised to see new faces at this event. By The way, since this tournament is hosted in NY, that means the winners should be from NY. We can't have people comin to our state takin trophies back to.. where ever. So i expect to see my NY smashers play their hardest

Also, We're Going Rent a suite at a nearby hotel.. if anyone is going to need housing, u should hit me up.

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx lol but yea i'm the dk player.my aol name is oni163 n i live in the bx if anyone eva wants 2 train.

Luckydoog777

Smash Rookie
Well I already get free food since Im a pro player but hey, If you guys want to hook me up with some more, Im down with that!
thanks 4 rubbin it in :( now imma starve knowin that ur gonna get food from mlg and other players and imma starve like some etheopian kid on a hot summers day lol

you: :hunger:

me: :cry:

Rei

Smash Cadet
thanks 4 rubbin it in :( now imma starve knowin that ur gonna get food from mlg and other players and imma starve like some etheopian kid on a hot summers day lol

you: :hunger:

me: :cry:

There's alot of garbage outside the college. Good luck.

Plus, inside, it's air conditioned, so don't worry about the summer days either.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I might be able to house a few OOSers i live like 15 minutes from the venue and down the block from the train station from penn but id have to check with the rents

Evil 716

Smash Rookie
yo is anyone invited to this? and can sum1 maybe be as helpful as to giv me directions on how to get there...i live in queens...and i kno all about the LI buses but to exactly where and which bus might be able to get me there?... im not a starnger to the smash community but **** i really need to enter a smash tourny to get my name out there... im worth playin against and i can put money on that...

Rei

Smash Cadet
yo is anyone invited to this? and can sum1 maybe be as helpful as to giv me directions on how to get there...i live in queens...and i kno all about the LI buses but to exactly where and which bus might be able to get me there?... im not a starnger to the smash community but **** i really need to enter a smash tourny to get my name out there... im worth playin against and i can put money on that...

Yes, anyone is invited to this.

Look it up online. There is a bus that comes directly to the campus, so it'd be a good option for you. ^^

Evil 716

Smash Rookie
Yes, anyone is invited to this.

Look it up online. There is a bus that comes directly to the campus, so it'd be a good option for you. ^^

yo REI i looked up for directions but nothin about buses... u got better info for me or any1 at that matter got sum directions for me...i live in flushing, queens

MEGAMUS

Smash Rookie
4-6 CANADIAN SMASHERS LOOKING FOR A HOOKUP ON HOUSING.

First off, I just wanna give a shoutout to US smashers for getting this shlt together again.

I went to MLG NY (which was actually in New Jersey) @ Meadowlands last year had a blast. Met some sick smashers and awesome people all around. (HUSBAND, you ran a few friendlies against my Samus... I think you told me I was 1 of 2 Canadians there, lol).

Getting to back to business here though, I and a few smashers from Toronto definately want to make it out for this but logistics is what we gotta get cleared up.

Assuming we drive, there will be UP TO 4 coming (not 4 for sure). Directions won't be a problem, but ANYONE willing to HELP us out with giving us a PLACE TO STAY for the weekend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. We would arrive Friday evening/night and depending on how things progress on Sunday we MIGHT leave on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Assuming we take Greyhound, there will be UP TO 6 coming (not 6 for sure) and things get complicated. First of all, the closest stop I could pull up online was BABYLON, NY ???.... and from there, who knows how we'd get to the tournament grounds. Obviously ANYONE with available housing would be a GREAT help. The other thing that the Greyhound route changes is the fact that the only available departure would be on Monday. This means we would need housing for sure from Friday night to Monday morning.

Now any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I've done as much as I could from my part here so far. I'm hoping some US smashers in the area might be able to look into:
-accomodations (houses, residences, hotels, motels... ANYTHING close to the venue)
-transit/travel details from this BABYLON place to the university... lol
-any suggestions that I've overlooked that would help

If anyone could address any of these slight obstacles, we're that much closer to making it down. I have no problem bringing 2 Gamecubes, 2 copies of Smash, memory cards, cables, and all. More stations means faster tournament progression, friendlies, etc. I just wanna make the first US smash tourny I go to a great one, and meeting new smashers and seeing fresh styles is always awesome. I went to MLG last year and convinced friends its worth the travel, again, ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm not on smashboards that often so I may miss a post, but anyone can email me at francisco.tejada@gmail.com and I'll reply ASAP.

This tourny is gonna be hype regardless of if I show or not... thanks for your time.

-Cisco aka MEGAMUS

Top Bottom