• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
hell if you do have a brawl tourney i'd go to it too >_> *hasn' played brawl in a couple years* >_> i'd get owned since i never really got into brawl; but mabye i could find someone who likes melee and/or lives close to me to play whatever <_< or something...

but bah. i may try and come up there one of these days >_> i'd want to get there pretty early so we'd have a good couple hours to smash and it wouldn't be too late going back home *i have bad eye sight and my lights on my car ain't very good =/*

but let me know about that tourney if you serious about it... btw; i'm addin you to my aim list. my name is PrinceLief

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
mookierah is leveling up his real life stats so he can fight you all without a controller. mewtwo style.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys, a lot of us starkville dudes are planning on going to memphis either the 21st or 28th to hang out and play smash at jack's (ihavespaceballs) apartment, or wherever.

just uh

letting you know

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
I'll be back up in Oxford in a week, but I'm usually busy doing non-smash stuff, so I don't have much motivation to travel.
/rl johns

Why do all the other melee players have to go to State?

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Heya guys.

I'm already back in Oxford 'cause I'm an RA there this year (lol). Hoping to play some of you guys again =D

If there are any planned events though (hopefully we can get another tourney or two!) I'd have to know a few weeks in advance so I can schedule weekends off or whatever.

Wolfeye: Are you that guy that played in the tourney the Engineering department hosted? (They did Halo and Brawl that day). I think you beat me in Marth dittos and then I switched to Wolf. Anyway if you ever want to play Melee against someone else, I'm up for it (all the other OMGA guys are too sissy =p ). You can find me at OMGA meetings in the Student Union lobby on Wednesdays at 7 pm.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i doubt i'll be able to get a saturday off on such short notice <_<

hm... it'd be possible; but a bit of a pain ... but let me know if you get a real date and i'll do what i can >_> and i'll try and find my way up there.... surely it can't be too hard :O

on a side note; anyone wanna send me a copy of melee? my nephew screwed my copy up when he put 3 games in the wii v_v; wish i had been here to stop him...

Winnar

Smash Lord
We're going up on the 21st, sorry yoma for the short notice. This kind of just happened within the week. Sometime in mid-september though I'm planning the brawl tournament. Probably the second weekend in september.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
@Sangaera - yeah, that was me. Maybe I'll actually check out and even join the Gamers Association this year if I don't have any meetings that time Wed.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
bump >_>

stilll waiting for someone to send me a copy of smash <_< >_>

get paid friday; hoping gamestop has a copy or two for me to buy...

edit: dammit why can't i get my stupid sig to show? >_< this is annoyin

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
okay not the place to really post this; but bah; for some reason my sig wont show? i click the box... but nothing? <_< couple posts ago it orked.. now it don't and i didn't change it... *tess again*

Winnar

Smash Lord
I think it has more to do with post length than anything. If the number of characters in your post > the number of characters in your sig, the sig should show up on its own. Quoting kind of goes around that though

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
.... i don't get it <_< i've almost never typed a post that was longer than my sig XD

..... i dunno; forget it... so how bout some melee people? <_< COME ON! I KNOW YA'LL OUT THERE WAIIN!

<_> postting this for now reason; but to spam and speam and sperm and ... i dunno steam and stuff >_> melee > ssb > brawl < Melee hm...

probally also has to do with the quick reply; i bet if i just hit add repl i wouldn't have this problem

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the signature thing has to do with the height of the reply, not actual character count. So if you're post is at least as tall as your sig, the sig will show up.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
yay post #666 is mine!!!!!!!!

this is on the second page people; wtf?

<_< i got a new copy of melee;but i can't play all star mode on it or it'll freze =/ stupid used copies <_<

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
The Genesis 2 thread already has more posts than the MS thread, and it was made like a week ago, rofl.
Everyone in MS has better things to do, like get drunk, smoke weed, mud ride, and get teen pregnant.

MS is just not the place for gaming unless you have the resources for really good advertisement of a tournament or something. Even then out of 2 million people in the entire state how many are going to play smash? NYC has 18 million in the 5 boroughs alone, how many know about competitive smash and how many actually compete? Colleges of course are the best place to inform people about smash related stuff including tourneys, smashboards, AiB, etc. Find a way to get 'er done.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
"Everyone in MS has better things to do, like get drunk, smoke weed,"

<_< yeah; that sounds bout like me...

on a side note.... uhm.........

<_< i hate people..

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
!!! no johns !!!

I'm just joshin' with you bro, I understand. FAP2, though, amirite?
You are quite correct. I expect to place a tad better for the next one.

Additionally Yoma should reduce his alcohol and marijuana intake and spend that time organizing tournaments and a MS scene. srsbzns.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I am confirmed! I think Chef, Lemons, and Nash are confirmed as well. Maybe also Fong. I'll ask them soon.

BTW who in MS is going to TO6? It's October 16-17

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
"
Additionally Yoma should reduce his alcohol and marijuana intake and spend that time organizing tournaments and a MS scene. srsbzns.
__________________"

if i knew people who played that might help >_>

i don't think we got any players in this city..

as for me comin up to starkville i dunno; my days off are so random and stuff <_< hm... i dunno one day i hope to come up there but it's not like i just pick a random day and say hey let's do something.

well i guess i COULD.. but i doubt it'd work out anyhow <_> if there was any good places to hold tourneys i'd think about it >_>

edit: it'd take me around 5 hours or so to travel to Huntsville... so that's pretty much out of the question ... long disances don't work w/ ****ty cars...

edit again: of course though; if someone was close enough that i could ride with; then that'd stand a goodchance.

if anyone passin anywhere near here goin there let me know and i'll see what i can do >_>

Winnar

Smash Lord
"
__________________"

if i knew people who played that might help >_>

i don't think we got any players in this city..

as for me comin up to starkville i dunno; my days off are so random and stuff <_< hm... i dunno one day i hope to come up there but it's not like i just pick a random day and say hey let's do something.

well i guess i COULD.. but i doubt it'd work out anyhow <_> if there was any good places to hold tourneys i'd think about it >_>

edit: it'd take me around 5 hours or so to travel to Huntsville... so that's pretty much out of the question ... long disances don't work w/ ****ty cars...

edit again: of course though; if someone was close enough that i could ride with; then that'd stand a goodchance.

if anyone passin anywhere near here goin there let me know and i'll see what i can do >_>
Random days tend to have a relatively high success rate, as long as you can make sure we're in starkville and available to smash before you leave.

Also if I have a spot open in my car and you don't mind driving to starkville then you can have the open spot.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
yeah; i could do that. btw; um... i dunno it won't be next week; but i might be able to come up sometime week after next dependin on what days i'm off *thi week is pay day nd day after; but i got stuff to do*

next week idunn yet; probally sometime in middle of the week >_>

so what's up on wed after next? >_>

Top Bottom