• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MISSION: EBA and Ouendan support thread

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hahah we're almost exactly 2 months apart (I'm June 14th). If I had enough money, I would just buy it for you...sadly, I don't. But I hope you get it! And thank you kindly for letting me use it. =)

I'll add your Wii to my friends list.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok ill add ya too... im just hopin I can get the Black DS, last time I went to a store there were only white, but meh probably cause of xmas... (ill stop spamming now...)

p.s. aeris u put Strykz instead of stryks lol... why can no one get my name rite?...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ahahah ohh man, sorry bout that. I just can't read is all. It seriously looked like a Z for a moment when I looked at your sig. Didn't get much sleep last night, so we'll chalk it up to tiredness. =)

Stage suggestions for EBA, anyone?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'd say that either the theme park that Hulk worked at, or the Rhombulan detention center. Those two would probably be the best choices to make into a stage. Most of the other places don't really feel like you could have a fight there.

By the way, that's quite a sig you've got there. Very nice :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Maybe on the set of Romancing Meowzilla - giant kitty feet GO!!! =)

Hahah glad you like it (I made sure to ask Stryks - you don't mind that I use it, do you? Just checking, haha).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
EBA pwns. I have it and im on the hardest mode. And i find the last song very challenging!!!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Only if you haven't cleared 10 or so levels...and even then, it's not like this is a "spoiler"-ish game)

Haha, as I said, I bought the game only recently, but I love it. I don't remember the last time I've laughed this hard or this often at a game (Okami, I think). Even just the little taglines for each character (i.e. Charrington Sisters: Feed diamonds to their cats - that right there made me laugh for a few minutes). Hopefully their proposed stage could incorporate the animals that help out, my personal favorite (thus far) being the animals from the Weatherwoman stage ("we saw the show, Sophie!" - ahahah pure hilarity). =)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Hulk's theme park would make a cool stage, with the fire golem popping up and spewing fire, kinda like Kraid in Brinstar Depths, but without the spinny part. Plus that stage could have Hulk in is somewhere, giving them an excuse to reuse the best line in the game. Say it with me, now:

"You bet, kid!" :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
1) Jumpin' Jack Flash can suck my junk...hard. I hate that song at this point (thankfully I'm done with it...and I'm only on Cruisin' [but I'm a perfectionist, so I have to get S rank on all songs haha])
2) Haha, I agree, "You bet, kid" is a good one. =)
3) Rhombulan Detention Center and Hulk's amusement park would both be cool...maybe even the construction site w/ Max and Alden?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Jumpin' Jack Flash can suck my junk...hard. I hate that song at this point (thankfully I'm done with it...and I'm only on Cruisin' [but I'm a perfectionist, so I have to get S rank on all songs haha])
2) Haha, I agree, "You bet, kid" is a good one. =)
3) Rhombulan Detention Center and Hulk's amusement park would both be cool...maybe even the construction site w/ Max and Alden?
Haha! Hope you like playing JJF two more times on Sweatin' and Diva mode.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ahh darnit...I just want to play as Agent J all the time. Chieftain's beefy and sounds like his voice was electronically deepened, and it seems as though the EBD are going to be loads of fun lol

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I just hope that it happens. I mean, the Ouendan did appear twice on the Toukoken (more times than Captain Falcon and Sonic were mentioned, FWIW), and Elite Beat Agents was made because Ouendan was too Japanese... So, if Ouendan makes it in, then perhaps the Agents will get in as it crosses the ocean... Let's just hope. :urg:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
EBA on the Wii? Hmm...maybe for the DS2 or something where it goes across the two touch screens or you have to go dual stylus and hit two targets at once. Or something.

As for the EBA in SSBB...EBA: Amazing game. However, I cannot picture any of them as fighters in SSBB. If, by some stroke of (higher than present) genius, they find a way to make them appear somehow, somewhere in SSBB, then...that would awesome.

So, I say yes to EBA in SSBB.

And no, the DS2 (which I'd name the Super DS anyway) has not been announced, despite it's inevitibility. I just made that stuff up (though I'm also sure we'll see those features in 2009.)

Chaos Samus

Smash Cadet
EBA on the Wii? Hmm...maybe for the DS2 or something where it goes across the two touch screens or you have to go dual stylus and hit two targets at once. Or something.

As for the EBA in SSBB...EBA: Amazing game. However, I cannot picture any of them as fighters in SSBB. If, by some stroke of (higher than present) genius, they find a way to make them appear somehow, somewhere in SSBB, then...that would awesome.

So, I say yes to EBA in SSBB.

And no, the DS2 (which I'd name the Super DS anyway) has not been announced, despite it's inevitibility. I just made that stuff up (though I'm also sure we'll see those features in 2009.)
Nah i say the next handheld will be another gameboy. hell i read an article saying the ds, wasnt it there will be another

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I just got my copy of Ouendan in the mail (farking awesome by the way ^.^) One thing I noticed as I was playing is that the Ouendan actually look more like they're fighting than dancing, particularly in the Neraiuchi level.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cool Im guessing its japanese? anyway how do u get japanese games by mail, I probably wont get ouendan (since ill get EBA), but I maye get another DS games, u know im just curious...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Cool Im guessing its japanese? anyway how do u get japanese games by mail, I probably wont get ouendan (since ill get EBA), but I maye get another DS games, u know im just curious...
OUENDAN! is worth the import, but if you're more western, EBA is the way to go

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah well maybe when I start working in gamestop (wanna work at GS to get some money for college... and games) ill get both, but how DO u get imported games??...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah well maybe when I start working in gamestop (wanna work at GS to get some money for college... and games) ill get both, but how DO u get imported games??...
Playasia.com
Liksang.com

Those are the only two I can think of at the moment. If the URLs are wrong you can google them.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I used play-asia to get it. Beisdes, I think lik-sang is going out of business, isn't it? Anyway, even if you get Elite Beat Agents, I'd still reccommend that you get Ouendan too. It's every bit as fun as EBA is. Plus, if you can't read Japanese, you get to decide what they people are saying in their little speech bubbles. Fun! ^_^

T2master

Smash Rookie
Agent J, with the summon other guys idea:

B: Derek & Morris appear, all shout HEY!, stunning opponents
B Forward: Imagine Link's Boomerang. Now imagine it grabs people and body slams them into Link. Replace the boomerang with Starr and Link with Agent J.
B Up: Spin appears with the jet pack from Makes No Difference & grabs J
B Down: Involves Cheiftan, but no other ideas.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
A thought:

Everybody assumes that if Ouenedan makes it in, they would be replaced by the EBA in America. However, despite being a Japan exclusive, Ouendan sold just as well in America as it did in Japan. Knowing this, if Sakurai did end up adding Ouendan, doesn't it seem likely he would leave Ouendan as they standing, knowing the characters have international popularity? Do the Elite Beat Agents even have a chance?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say the EBA and Ouendan share the same selection screen icon, every EBA and ouendan being an alt. color for the character, like the guys in hiddentigers sig: the ouendan guy can be the red color and the EBA guy can be the yellow... IDK its just an idea...

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Off topic: EBA is just awesome, what rank do you have in the game? I'm a Five-Star Commander.

On topic: I was thinkin about EBA/Ouendan being in Brawl yesterday, seems that you got it first.
EBA fo' Brawl YEAH!!!!
And about that EBA to the West and Ouendan! to the east thing: they have different dancing style don't they?, then Sakurai (what I mean by Sakurai is the whole studio) would have to program 2 different fighting styles wouldn't they? And yeah alt. costumes would be awesome.

And 1 last thing: Would ya mind if I use that sig??? Y'know for the purpose and stuff...

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
To HiddenTiger: the reason the Ouendan team's moves look the way they do is because traditional japanese cheerleading uses guys in uniforms doing different poses (like in Ouendan). When Elite Beat Agents was made, the Ouendan cheering was replaced with guys in Blues Brothers-like suits dancing instead of posing.

Just a little cultural note from me. I personally would love to see either team (Ouendan or the EBA) in Brawl. Imagine: This game's winner is... Agent J/Hajime! And for winning taunts:

Agent J: At your service!

Hajime: Ouen...dannnnnnn!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
To HiddenTiger: the reason the Ouendan team's moves look the way they do is because traditional japanese cheerleading uses guys in uniforms doing different poses (like in Ouendan). When Elite Beat Agents was made, the Ouendan cheering was replaced with guys in Blues Brothers-like suits dancing instead of posing.

Just a little cultural note from me. I personally would love to see either team (Ouendan or the EBA) in Brawl. Imagine: This game's winner is... Agent J/Hajime! And for winning taunts:

Agent J: At your service!

Hajime: Ouen...dannnnnnn!
Actually, it was the other guy that asked about it. I already knew that.

Also, I think that Ryuta would be more likely than Hajime. But that's just me.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, it was the other guy that asked about it. I already knew that.

Also, I think that Ryuta would be more likely than Hajime. But that's just me.
Yeah, you're right. Ryuta is the Japanese analogue for "Agent J"

the American Analogue to Hajima would be Agent Spin.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Is Ryuta the guy on Ouendan's cover (with the headband)? I always get Hajime and Ryuta confused.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Complete EBA Movelist

I've seen some good suggestions for B moves here, so I thought I'd try my hand at it.
I remember hearing about making their moves IASA, and because I can't give you frame numbers, I'll approximate.

Agent J

A: Snap: Agent J sticks his arm out and snaps his fingers. Rapidly tapping A continues the Snap.
>A: Step Kick: Agent J front kicks, with flair. IASA: At the peak of the kick, before Agent J starts to retract his leg.
VA: Elite Sweep: Agent J sweeps his arm and leg out in front of him. IASA: After the arm and leg reach their farthest point.
^A: Agent Wave: Agent J waves his arms over his head. Can be done repeatedly to wave back and forth.

Smash A: Beat Tackle: Agent J lunges forward a short distance, shoulder forward. His feet leave the ground momentarily. IASA: As soon as Agent J's feet are on the ground.
D Smash: Split Swing: Agent J drops to his knees and throws both arms outward. IASA: When Agent J's arms are fully extended.
U Smash: Microphone Swipe: Agent J whirls his microphone above his head. IASA: Right before the microphone returns to J's hand.

N Air: Spin Spin: Agent J does a quick twirl, using his microphone for a little extra range. IASA: As soon as the microphone returns to Agent J's hand.
F Air: Microphone Wall: Agent J waves his microphone up and down in front of him, making a wall. IASA: When the microphone starts to come back up.
B Air: Crusin' Kick: Agent J does a reverse side kick. IASA: Right before Agent J begins to retract his leg.
U Air: Air Hand Stand: Agent J sticks his hand toward the ground and kicks upward with both legs. IASA: When Agent J is perfectly vertical.

B: Hey!: Agent J flashes his badge, stopping his enemy's frontal attacks. IASA: As soon as Agent J says "Hey!".
Smash B: Dance Sequence: Agent J starts a Dance Sequence by swinging his arms. Sequence can be changed with directional input, up to four moves. Can be IASA by starting another Dance Sequence.
^B:Entrance Leap: Agent J leaps upward, ready to make the scene. Can hurt enemies until he starts falling.
VB: Backup: Agent J calls one of his fellow Elite Beat Agents for help. Agent J cannot move until the ally's attack is done. If he gets hit, the ally will warp out as if they had completed their attack. Backup attacks do more damage and have better knockback than Agent J's attacks.
Agent Spin: Does a Spin Spin at the level of a short-hop.
Agent Chieftan: Does a Beat Tackle.
Agent Derek: Does the Agent Wave for three repitions.
Agent Morris: Does a Step Kick.
Agent Starr: Does the Snap for three repitions.
Agent Foxx: Does a Split Swing.
Agent Missy: Does an Elite Sweep.
Commander Kahn: RARE! Joins Agent J in a single Dance Sequence.

Grab Attack: Rythm Knee.
F Throw: Agent Shove: Agent J pushes his enemy forward.
B Throw: Flip Out: Agent J falls back and flips his enemy over his head, quickly righting himself.
U Throw: Head Bang: Agent J does a hand stand, kicking his enemy upward.
D Throw: Dance!: Agent J throws his enemy to the ground, then lands on them while kicking at the air.

Brawl Move (Super Special): Elite Beat Fury: All of Agent J's moves become IASA at any time for seven seconds.

Taunt: Agent J faces the screen and says "Agent J here!"

Winning Taunts:
1: Agent J says "Mission Complete!" while standing proud.
2: With his back to the screen, Agent J turns his head to the screen, gives a thumbs-up and says "At your service!".
3: Agent J does a little dance, ended by a Split Sweep.
Any and all comments are greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom