• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I think I'm beginning to notice a pattern with my two mains. Whenever it comes down to me going up against up close characters, I do best with Mario, but when it comes down to long range characters, I do best with Palutena. Not saying that I'm bad going up against the opposite match up, just saying I notice I do much better up against those types of players with either one of my Mains.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We still gotta get the Palutena dittos going sometime. I'm hoping we can get more vids of dittos together to help each other out. And I'm just bored for the day.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
We still gotta get the Palutena dittos going sometime. I'm hoping we can get more vids of dittos together to help each other out. And I'm just bored for the day.
Yeah, I still want to do some dittos. Whenever you want a match let me know.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
4 player Palutena ditto taunting all day, everyday

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Is anyone up for some matches? I just recently got into using Palutena and I would like to see how other players play as her and how I would fare against them

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can be found in the daytime for pacific, say 8am-2pm for the best, but I have to be active, and my sleep habit can be weird, and I may need to remember and be bugged about it.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'll add your friend code after I get some rest. I kind of fell asleep on the floor.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So... I'm kind of having fun with this character.

She feels a bit like Brawl Zelda to me (it's a personal opinion), and in fact, feels more so than Smash 4 Zelda does. Maybe it's a 3DS thing, maybe it's just past habits. Whatever the case is, Palutena on the 3DS feels less... frustrating to use compared to Zelda. But enough about Zelda.

Now I haven't seen any gameplay of Palutena yet, nor do I really know much about her, and how people are set on using her. I'm sure most here have stated that she is a defensive character, but of course, we need to be able to understand how to deal in both situations... defensive and offensive both. Anyone have any links to some decent videos for starters, to show some gameplay of her by any chance?

I also keep seeing people post that she's 'bad', and that she has many weaknesses. This would be a damn shame, because if I do happen to use this character more, I would be cursed with another low tier. Oh well, least she's fun.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
She's not "bad" per say but she has less options than the character considered to be great. If anything she seems middle ground atm. That being said, she has a lot of cool gimmicks and tactics and possibly the best jab in the game~

I'm still hoping that at some point someone will discover some amazing tech that will make her default great, but there's no doubt she's a good enough character. Add customs in though and she's a beast.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I hope so as well, but if I continue enjoying using her on the Wii U as I have been on the 3DS (and life doesn't disrupt my free time too much), I will def see what I can do with her (:

As for her jab, has anyone discussed its possibilities in teams by any chance? I'm not sure if it's SDI'able or not, but the possibilities seem kind of sick, depending on your teammate and what move they choose to 'combo' with you.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Hi Mocha (Mew)
I don't think it has but i could have missed it..
I thought SDI was removed (or at least severely limited from brawls)

But i have noticed what you mean with Palutena and Zelda when i switch between both of them..

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hi Mocha (Mew)
I don't think it has but i could have missed it..
I thought SDI was removed (or at least severely limited from brawls)

But i have noticed what you mean with Palutena and Zelda when i switch between both of them..
Greetings :]

Well I'm not sure if people are still using the term SDI, or what the new term is, but it's basically the concept of being able to get out of a move... usually multi-hit. So I wondered how long Palutena would be able to keep her jab going between her and her teammate, and the options they could have. Like even if two Palutenas were jabbing from either side, how long would the opponent be caught between them? How soon can they break out? Stuff like that

And yes, the two characters feel similar to me, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
SDI exists in smash 4, but many multi-hit moves had their SDI ratios lowered significantly. Repeating jabs less so.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Are there any set ups into upsmash other than from jab? I'm writing stuff down in a notebook for palutena/greninja/peach (all though with people I can just look at Dark Peach's guides here for stuff I need.) for specific set ups and such.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Down Throw, Dash, Up Smash works. Not guaranteed but if your opponent doesn't vector, it will work against certain characters. A lot of characters can air dodge but you can condition them and just do Down Throw, dash, Up Smash (hold), release. I can usually sneak a kill out of this and it's a trick I like to use every once in a while. People don't expect it cause they're used to trying to air dodge dash forward, full hop up air.

Edit: Also there's Super Speed into Up Smash. That pretty much always connects if it hits but good luck hitting a move that requires you to be like at least half FD or more away to get the correct knockback to allow it to string.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace

Hey look an Exo Tank....

Brandy's voice without the echo was outstanding but with the echo its like hearing the same person in Uprising and Smash...

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That Megaman one was the best outta the 3 so far, nuff said. <3 Pit, Palutena, and Viridi were so adorable there.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Ok I have watched GameXplain video on the music section bad news are that there aren't many new KI tracks but Uprising music is really good on its own so it's not like the music is bad, but as a fan the more remixes or alternate version of music I already love the better

Returning from Brawl:
Title
Underworld
Overworld (Skyworld) I don't rememnber a song named like this in Brawl but the Remix label is gray so this isn't supposed to be a new remix.
Kid Icarus Retro Medley

Original from Uprising
Magnus' Theme
Boss Battle 1
Dark Pit's Theme
Hades' Infernal Theme
Thunder Cloud Temple

Brand New Remixes
Wrath of the Resset Bomb (the one in the 3ds)
Destroyed Skyworld
Lighting Chariot Base

Oddly it is missing "In the Space Pirate Ship" also missing from the 3DS version the Original "Wrath of the Resset Bomb" and "Dark Pit" but I guess it is unlockeable (at least "In the Space Pirate Ship" or something here the video Kid Icarus section starts at 0:57

I just double checked and definetely there isn't a Kid Icarus song labeled as "Overworld" in Brawl I am pretty sure is a mistraslation of "Skyworld"

My 2 mains together:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure we all love the adorable Pit, Palutena, and Viridi with the codecs.

For the songs, it was stated somewhere in the 50-fact thingy that "nearly" all 3ds songs will be in. Those missing are likely 3ds exclusive. For the Space Pirate ship one, that was Smash Run exclusive anyways, and I surprisingly prefer the original.

I'm sure the Destroyed Skyworld and Lightning Chariot remixes, along with that Thunder Cloud Temple will likely satisfy me.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would just like to hear the rest of Palutena's Guidence.

Wonder if there is a potshot towards Dark Pit's controversy in particular.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575

..and here we have Palutena and Viridi throwing shade to Chrom

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
:laugh: poor Chrom.. that was pretty harsh. also "no point in having two characters that are pretty much Carbon Copies?" What is Marth/Lucina and Pit/Dark Pit?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm loving these codecs, I can't tell whether or not I love the Megaman or the Robin one more. I can't wait to see more.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just putting this out here...

If anyone here would like to add me, I'm available during the
week starting at 7:00 PM and during most of the weekend.

Palutena and Megaman are the ones I use the most, but
I can use most of the cast fairly well so I can provide matchup
help if need be.

I may add some people here to my list sometime.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Destroyed Skyworld
Lighting Chariot Base
All I needed. Thank you Sakurai~

I just remembered that my FC isn't in my profile (for personal reasons). If anybody wants to add me and play some Ladypal dittos, PM me and I'll give you my digits~

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I haven't been to this thread for a while but I have a quick question for all of you. How many of you here know already that you can basically use Lightweight indefinitely on platforms? What I mean is, do you all know already that even in the Lightweight state, or negative state the move has after it ends, you can use the move again on a platform with proper time (pressing and holding down then press Special button quickly after)? Just curious if this is already know as I accidentally came by it earlier.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Megaman and Robin ones are best in my book so far. Still want to see both Samus/Zamus soon.
Pit is so adorable, seriously.

Djent

Smash Champion
I haven't been here for a while but I have a quick question for all of you. How many of you here know already that you can basically use Lightweight indefinitely on platforms? What I mean is, do you all know already that even in the Lightweight state, or negative state the move has after it ends, you can use the move again on a platform with proper time (pressing and holding down then press Special button quickly after)? Just curious if this is already know as I accidentally came by it earlier.
WHAT?!?

Testing.

Holy **** it works. It's not even that hard. :023:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We're gonna need a vid on that lightweight thing or something. It just means more great tricks for her to use.

Top Bottom