• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just a few more days til we see the truth I never liked them tourneys anyways, and I still think Palutena customs should instantly be allowed, for one, it's part of her gimmick, and they're given to us at the start. Taking it away from her is like limiting her. I can't say "almost banning" her only because it's inaccurate. I know they may try to pull that limiting routine for other characters, but it isn't their gimmick. Sometimes I hate the rules they make, and wonder what their stage set is like.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
its a bit irritable they might as well ban miis since each moveset can be different.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
its a bit irritable they might as well ban miis since each moveset can be different.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wait... customs aren't legal, but miis are fine?
...what?
Miis ARE customization, and the problem was with the Mii's custom move?!
A character likely nobody has learned the matchups for/against or even their playstyle b/c almost nobody plays them and they aren't on For Glory?!
1. I don't get why anybody is against the idea of some legal customs, some banned (it's easy and fixes the problem, so you have more rules now, poor you)
2. Customs > Miis anyday
3. Patches- further balance is confirmed so you can't just start throwing bans around because you don't like what you see atm
Alright done ranting.
Kinda forgot what I came here for...
Oh well, so any tips and tricks on using warp for ledge/platform canceling? (I've never been able to do it on a platform... it is possible, right?)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's why I hate their stupid rules sometimes. The nerve of them allowing Miis playable, but not allow Palutena's customs to be allowed. *eyetwitch* They probably don't want our Goddess of Light to shine brighter.

Warp Cancels are kinda so-so if you know what to do. I'd gladly show you early in the day if I have the time. It takes a while to get used to, but once one master it, it just makes Lady Palutena much better. To get you started, try rolling to the edge, Warp the other way to help calculate your distance, then try warping back to towards the ledge, and it's set. It's similar to Brawl Zelda's Up-B stuff, just lesser distance. Thankfully that smaller distance actually benefits her in some ways that I'd gladly show sometime.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Yep, Warp Cancels are fun but... all them customs... this makes me sad. We just discovered Glidebouncing too (and I finally got he hang of it :( )

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So anyone looking forward to the Goddess of light's amiibo? (since she's obviously going to be getting one..)

also finally got to watching all the codecs a couple days ago and I'd have to say one of my favorites is the Male Fit Trainer. Namely the part where Palutena asks Pit if she "works him to hard" and his answer to the question lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm worried bout how the amiibo will work since we got a glimpse of some of them having lower quality, and we have yet to see which games Pit's compatible with, and I can only imagine Palutena's comparability is much less. I'm probably gonna hold back and wait to see what they can do before getting em now.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That's the one thing i am worried about tbh. Zelda's didn't look that good but the ability to summon your favorite characters into a game will be worth it. very doubtful but it would be amazing if you could summon her in Mario Kart..

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Aren't Amiibo's supposed to bring MORE customization to your moves? Or changing your stats (e.g. weight, speed, etc).

Anyway, I'd get a Palutena Amiibo, if anything cause a toy action figure of a goddess is awesome (:

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
Palutena's customs are unlocked from the get-go, just like the miis. Very strange that they wouldn't allow it.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Palutena's customs are unlocked from the get-go, just like the miis. Very strange that they wouldn't allow it.
The stance is likely that they either let everyone use customs, or no one gets to; Palutena does not deserve special treatment, even if her specials are unlocked from the start.

Though this makes me sad, as I love super speed T_T

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I guess it's a good thing I never got used to using her custom moves. Sucks that they're banned for now, but hopefully someone figures out a way to transfer 100% save files to multiple Wii Us soon.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Got the Nintendo rep to let me test with customs for a bit.

Both Glide Bounce and Indefinite Lightweight are in the Wii U version.

Took on 3 people at once with Indefinite Lightweight and won without losing a single stock. And this was after people had been telling me I was playing a "bottom tier" or "your character sucks" for a good deal of the night.

Divine Justice.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Took on 3 people at once with Indefinite Lightweight and won without losing a single stock. And this was after people had been telling me I was playing a "bottom tier" or "your character sucks" for a good deal of the night.

Divine Justice.
Beautiful justice. *cues poledance taunt* I'd love to see the looks on their faces when they got stomped by a supposed bottom tier. Who were they using anyways? If it was one of the higher tiers, then shame on them.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Divine Justice.
:laugh::laugh: they know not the power of the Goddess of light.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Beautiful justice. *cues poledance taunt* I'd love to see the looks on their faces when they got stomped by a supposed bottom tier. Who were they using anyways? If it was one of the higher tiers, then shame on them.
Sheik, Bowser Jr. Ganondorf I believe.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I doubt we will need that since there aren't that many characters to unlock,
You do have to unlock the custom moves though, and it's kinda hard to get 'em all quickly. Unless I'm mistaken that's a part of the reason why they're banned from KTAR XI.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
You do have to unlock the custom moves though, and it's kinda hard to get 'em all quickly. Unless I'm mistaken that's a part of the reason why they're banned from KTAR XI.
I believe you can transfer your sets over so im assuming by that way you unlock the customs that way. So you technically already have a 100% save except each character is a portion of it.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I believe you can transfer your sets over so im assuming by that way you unlock the customs that way. So you technically already have a 100% save except each character is a portion of it.
But not everyone has 3DS so it's not fair to those who don't have it ... so that's why it's still banned.

My face: :|

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
To clear things up, it's already confirmed that you don't unlock the customs when you transfer them over. They character will still have the custom moves, but they can't be altered and it doesn't actually unlock it if you were to make a new set on the Wii U. Think of like... uh... a rental pokemon or something?

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
The strange part is that miis are very often allowed, which leads me to think the current rules should be more like, 'If the character has its moves unlocked at the start then everyone can use it.' It just so happens that Palutena and the miis are the only ones that have that property.

Sigh... it's too bad x.x

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The strange part is that miis are very often allowed, which leads me to think the current rules should be more like, 'If the character has its moves unlocked at the start then everyone can use it.' It just so happens that Palutena and the miis are the only ones that have that property.

Sigh... it's too bad x.x
The problem is that even when customs are turned off in the game, Miis
can still use any of their specials.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
My apologizes for interrupting your conversations with one another, but I have something very important to share with you all my fellow Kid Icarus: Uprising and/or Palutena fanboys/girls. I give you a remix of Destroyed Skyworld for Smash Bros. Wii U. Enjoy! ^_^

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
First time I listed to it I got vibes from Sephiroth's battle themes.

Did anyone else?

No? Okay...

I really like it. They did my favorite Uprising song justice.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My apologizes for interrupting your conversations with one another, but I have something very important to share with you all my fellow Kid Icarus: Uprising and/or Palutena fanboys/girls. I give you a remix of Destroyed Skyworld for Smash Bros. Wii U. Enjoy! ^_^

Holy crap....

What is this Madoka?

@Kermit the Ninja

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew

*tears roll down face*

This is amazing...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Palutena circle camping on Battlefield O_O

Warp cancels. Warp cancels everywhere.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

Absolutely........sniff......beautiful.....:')

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
...Confession time.

It is really, REALLY hard for me to play that level on Uprising,
because it's just so.. so.. heartbreaking seeing Palutena talk that
way with Pit.

It's even worse when you consider that it's not even totally
unreasonable to see her act like that. Makes me wonder
if we won't see a "Dark Palutena" that the goddess will have to confront
in order to conquer her inner demons.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I'm sorry guys, but this time I can't help out in the conquest mode online. My 2 Mains are separated from each other (Team Diddy::4mario:, and Team Toon Link::4palutena:.) I will probably do Mario on my main 3DS, and Palutena on my Japanese 3DS, but sometimes Mario is just too tempting. :estatic:

Anyway, cannot wait to get the Wii U version! :D Once I get my copy, I will make a Palutena Combo Video. Thankful, I have a capture card for this one, so you will be seeing some 1080P 60FPS from me with her.

Also @ meleebrawler meleebrawler I added you on my 3DS. Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier. :dizzy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy crap....

What is this Madoka?

@Kermit the Ninja
I was summoned?

First time I heard it, I felt more Xenoblade (Pretty sure this remix was composed by one of Xenoblade's composers and I can really feel the similarities), but yeah, I guess I can hear the Madoka. Maybe Manami Kiyota and Yuki Kajiura are the same person?

Regardless, this track is sweet. I thought I'd only be using Hades' theme, but apparently not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom