• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So has anyone done any good pallet swaps they want to share? What colours do you think we should expect?
Red hair, blue clothes and white everything else. I think that would look pretty cool and unintentionally patriotic. I hope its more than just tints with her outfits though. That would be pretty boring.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So has anyone done any good pallet swaps they want to share? What colours do you think we should expect?
I'd like the other goddesses- red for Viridi, blue for Amazon Pandora, Green would be her default, then have a gold one like Pit and a dark one like Pit and call it a day.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Alright, 6 DAYS UNTIL DIGITAL EVENT!

Yeah, I hope that we are getting Palutena at E3! :p
How you do that? D: I am loving the 2nd one. >_<

But anyways, 6 days. 6 reminds us of a lot of things, like the chapter that is named after Pit's dark counterpart... um.
I'm bad at this. D:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know at this point the possiblities are too vast and our ability to predict who will appear next has not been very accurate at this point. I'm definitely in a wait and see mode.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I doubt Palutena would be revealed at E3. I see her as an unlockable fighter. I see Meta Knight, Pac-Man, Miis, and a few other veterans, and maybe Takamaru as E3's set.
Takamaru would be an unlockable for sure i couldn't see him drumming up too much hype.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh and im one to id love to see him only problem is most people would ask who is that since his game was a Japan exclusive.
And then we will say "Then go play his game ya dimwit. It's not like you need to know Japanese to play."

Believe me, he'd drum up more hype than you think.

Notice, I did say MAYBE. I think that Palutena and Takamaru are in the game and will be unlockable.

ALTHOUGH, I think Mega Man will also be unlockable but we got him. Greninja too. So, unlockable/starters aren't much to go by.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
And then we will say "Then go play his game ya dimwit. It's not like you need to know Japanese to play."

Believe me, he'd drum up more hype than you think.

Notice, I did say MAYBE. I think that Palutena and Takamaru are in the game and will be unlockable.

ALTHOUGH, I think Mega Man will also be unlockable but we got him. Greninja too. So, unlockable/starters aren't much to go by.
Mega man will defiantly be unlockable since he is 3rd party. Speaking of his game i believe its on the 3ds eshop here in aus i have to go and buy it lol. I guess we will see what happens at E3 sakurai was never known for being predictable :).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Mega man will defiantly be unlockable since he is 3rd party. Speaking of his game i believe its on the 3ds eshop here in aus i have to go and buy it lol. I guess we will see what happens at E3 sakurai was never known for being predictable :).
I don't quite think 3rd Party Status will ensure unlockability. I think Sonic's a starter.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Oh and im one to id love to see him only problem is most people would ask who is that since his game was a Japan exclusive.
More people know who he is than you'd think- Nintendoland would like to have a word with you.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Palutena makes more sense as a starter IMO.

Most "good guys" are starter, unless they're from a small series like Mother, F-Zero, or Xenoblade. Not to mention she's probably the most popular non-villain newcomer, and almost all villains are unlockable (minus Bowser and Dedede).

Add in Sakurai's KI bias (ALL Kirby characters were starter last time) and she's probably starter.

It'd be weird having Palutena as a secret character IMO. Also we've seen a lot of probable unlockables already (Luigi, Toon Link).
So even if Palutena is unlockable I'm pretty sure she will be revealed before release.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Good point. As long as she's playable, then I won't hate to worry anymore (unless she somehow becomes a low tier). If she is a secret character, I hope that one of if not the only way to unlock her is to do something with Pit or a Pit-related event match. It just feels fitting as it could be two of Pit's trials, then fighting her to unlock her is the third and final trial, as a reference to The Three Trials chapter.

And speaking of event matches, I wonder how different they'll be in each version if they're in due to different stages. I still think one of those events should be playing as Palutena with a Pit partner in a classic 2v2, where you must protect him while defeating villain opponents or something.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think there will be as many characters concealed before the product releases this time. Largely due to the fact the director's philosophy on the matter had completely changed after the "surprise" was revealed to many before Smash came out.

Besides, didn't he say he would like to do trailers for all the newcomers?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He actually did want trailers for each newcomer. Come on Palutena. We're rooting for you.

Hong

The Strongest
It also just makes sense.

Smash Bros will obviously sell well, but the worth in even some extra promotion can't hurt. They strategically spaced newcomer trailers out so that every few months, Smash Bros is all over every major gaming site, trending over Twitter, taking the Internet by storm. Nintendo can only benefit from keeping people talking about Smash Bros (outside of very enthusiast websites like SmashBoards) all the way up into release. Especially during e3 when all the big cats come into the jungle and everyone wants to be the best at e3. As a game developer, this is the time to unleash almost everything you've got.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There's no stopping the fact that Pretty Palutena would be the most likely newcomer for an E3 reveal due to many circumstances:

• Her home stage was revealed in the Smash Direct
  • Pit was the highlight at last year's as part of the "8 All Stars" sequence
  • The Pseudo-Palutena tease in the last direct.
  • And her booming popularity since Uprising's release.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It also just makes sense.

Smash Bros will obviously sell well, but the worth in even some extra promotion can't hurt. They strategically spaced newcomer trailers out so that every few months, Smash Bros is all over every major gaming site, trending over Twitter, taking the Internet by storm. Nintendo can only benefit from keeping people talking about Smash Bros (outside of very enthusiast websites like SmashBoards) all the way up into release. Especially during e3 when all the big cats come into the jungle and everyone wants to be the best at e3. As a game developer, this is the time to unleash almost everything you've got.
However, as you've said, Smash benefits from having new characters announced every few months, each time resulting in Smash "taking the internet by storm." So, depending on when the game is released (specifically the 3DS version), it would also make sense for them to withhold some of their characters just a little while longer to have at least one major reveal just before the game comes out. I think it would be wise for them to reveal some really big things at E3, as you've said, but I also think there's reason to hold back some reveals for some last minute hype.

Hong

The Strongest
However, as you've said, Smash benefits from having new characters announced every few months, each time resulting in Smash "taking the internet by storm." So, depending on when the game is released (specifically the 3DS version), it would also make sense for them to withhold some of their characters just a little while longer to have at least one major reveal just before the game comes out. I think it would be wise for them to reveal some really big things at E3, as you've said, but I also think there's reason to hold back some reveals for some last minute hype.
Yeah, hence the "almost everything".

This e3 is slated to focus on the 3DS version. I assume we will get at least one more character trailer before the 3DS release, and after the 3DS version comes out, we'll get more info on Wii U-exclusive features. Maybe some info on that sexy controller they were sporting with the adapter.

andimidna

Smash Master
SO MANY GIFS. SO MUCH HYPE.

She's about as close to a lock as a character can get. Of course, even the most hardcore of supporters, such as myself, must see that there's still the chance she won't be gracing the battlefield.
It may not be a good idea-- but I've gotten rid of all doubt against her and am set in the mindset that she has a 100% chance. I just cannot see her being just an assist trophy or a trophy. Too many things pointing to her to keep any doubt.

Don't you mean the April Smash Direct?
Well there were a couple of pictures of it before then, that's when we saw the full thing and the name got confirmed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What's cooking? Animated vegetables perhaps?

Joking aside, 5 days to go now (at least here in Finland). I also noticed that I can actually jump in to the Digital Event-scene when it starts since it's 7 PM in Finland then. I might be able to see Palutena revealed right before my eyes along with you all~!

Hong

The Strongest
Anyone else kinda hoping that the leak model isn't the real one? In the leak she looks to much like her serious Brawl model. I want her to look more playful to match her personality from Uprising.
If it were truly a leak, at that point in time the facial expression is expected to be plain.

Programming the facial expressions is one of the last things you do for a character. You only need it done in time for when you implement the voice talent, so 3-6 months before release depending.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If it were truly a leak, at that point in time the facial expression is expected to be plain.

Programming the facial expressions is one of the last things you do for a character. You only need it done in time for when you implement the voice talent, so 3-6 months before release depending.
Didn't even think of that. That makes a lot of sense.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Anyone else kinda hoping that the leak model isn't the real one? In the leak she looks to much like her serious Brawl model. I want her to look more playful to match her personality from Uprising.
I have a feeling that, assuming the leak is real, the screenshot was of a rather early model, before facial expressions got worked on too much. Considering how expressive other characters are now, like Dedede and notably Charizard, there's no doubt Palutena will be just as such.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But, isn't it only good for a few more hours here?
It's true, but the message will stay the same regardless of how many days. Plus, I only have 4-5 days to be inaccurate, may as well enjoy it. :lol: I'll change it for a permanent one, goddess willing, after E3. :shades:

Top Bottom