• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Something tells me that they'll have an NES Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U (Most likely the Underworld) since it was the only console game of the 3 Kid Icarus games.
I don't think there is any reason to believe there can't, or won't, be a Kid Icarus: Uprising stage on the Wii U -- assuming the stage we saw this morning is not shared by both games. Sakurai never said there won't be stages across both systems, rather the majority of them will reflect their library. Small series that haven't had the luxury of multiple titles on both handheld and home console platforms are not going to go under represented. Otherwise there is a large, and needless, discrepancy among the stages. Not to say whatever stages are shared won't have their specific details -- e.g. Battlefield.

nessokman

Smash Lord
My favorite line from Kid Icarus Uprising. It just destroys the 4th wall.

Yeah my favorite chapter in Kid Icarus Uprising is Chapter 19 The Lightning Chariot. What's yours?
The chaos vortex broke that wall mentioning metroids.
In one of the arum arc misisons, pit says he "has spent this entire game getting shot at"

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I do wonder how this stage operates. If it's like Castle Siege or is static, this first form appears to be very large. If it's a scroller, it could be quite a dynamic one given what happens in that KI: U level. I do notice that the 3DS stages, as a rule, seem to have a lot more going on in them than the Wii U stages we've seen. Do you guys think that's going to be a design direction ("fun" stages in 3DS, "competitive" stages in Wii U) or just a coincidence so far?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I do wonder how this stage operates. If it's like Castle Siege or is static, this first form appears to be very large. If it's a scroller, it could be quite a dynamic one given what happens in that KI: U level. I do notice that the 3DS stages, as a rule, seem to have a lot more going on in them than the Wii U stages we've seen. Do you guys think that's going to be a design direction ("fun" stages in 3DS, "competitive" stages in Wii U) or just a coincidence so far?
If that were the case I'd be pretty bummed out but I wouldn't mind. I would feel a bit forced to switch between the versions just to play my favorite stage though

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Calling it now. The next Animal Crossing game will feature Palutena's Arrows, Mario Fireballs, and Samus' Charged Shots as special furniture you can carry around and show off in your hand like an insect or fish.

This atrocious move will be canon, dangnabbit!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I learned something today. The smashbros.com site will update the banner around the picture from 3DS to Wii U while still holding the picture from the day before in cache. Anyone who saw this post before I made this edit will see me looking very foolish, thinking it was meant to show us the same new stage in both versions.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
Anyone else severely disappointed in how godawful Battlefield's background night sky is? What a blatant and lazily-done pattern. I hope they get around to improving on that--especially since the rest of the stage seems to be so amazingly detailed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anyone else severely disappointed in how godawful Battlefield's background night sky is? What a blatant and lazily-done pattern. I hope they get around to improving on that--especially since the rest of the stage seems to be so amazingly detailed.
Yeah, its tiling in a very obvious and ugly manner. If the game launches with this then I'd much rather just play Battlefield at day at all times.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Pit has a blue arrow and a blue bow
Blue is his favourite colour dont you know
Blue is the sky, logo and even the stage
Meta Knight is blue which makes me rage

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing that I will complain about is that the boring updates with Brawl were at least funny thanks to the captions like the infamous "You Must Recover" update that had people rolling and raging at the same time. Updates like this are kind of a buzzkill because they don't show anything new or interesting and have plain commentary to go along with it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
One thing that I will complain about is that the boring updates with Brawl were at least funny thanks to the captions like the infamous "You Must Recover" update that had people rolling and raging at the same time. Updates like this are kind of a buzzkill because they don't show anything new or interesting and have plain commentary to go along with it.
Kid Icarus stage,more unknown details about known stages,WFT has a Solar Attack,Villager uses a Gyroid rocket.What about those little surprises?
They look "boring" but then people speculate like crazy.(Little Mac confirmed,Isaac confirmed,Final Destination is Battlefield with no platforms.)

vicgur

Smash Ace
Well, at least now we've seen all of Pit's specials, it appears.
  • Neutral is Palutena's Arrow
  • Side is the Upperdash Arm
  • Down is the Guardian Orbitars
  • Up is "The Power Of Flight"
EDIT: Oh, wait! Pit's Neutral Special had already appeared in a pic. Forget it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kid Icarus stage,more unknown details about known stages,WFT has a Solar Attack,Villager uses a Gyroid rocket.What about those little surprises?
They look "boring" but then people speculate like crazy.(Little Mac confirmed,Isaac confirmed,Final Destination is Battlefield with no platforms.)
I'm not talking about those though. I'm talking about updates like today where the picture doesn't show anything new, isn't particularly interesting, and doesn't have a funny caption to go along with it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It doesn't ruin my day or anything; I'm just saying that even the boring updates with Brawl were still kind of entertaining. Really, it's just a small complaint that's the equivalent of a mosquito bite or a zit in your ear; nothing of any real consequence.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't expecting a whole lot in today's picture, anyway. I mean, we just got our first glimpse at the Uprising stage yesterday, which was extremely nifty!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm fine with filler pictures as long as they show action or something interesting (or even interesting action :awesome:)

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Apparently, not only can Villager steal moves, but he also steals characters' catchphrases. Kirby will be out for blood.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
This picture is fairly interesting for the fact that the villager threw the arrow a lot lower than Pit appears to be aiming for, meaning it's going to be a lot harder to duck under projectiles villager throws back

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you think we're getting a lot of KI now, just wait until Palutena is confirmed. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom