• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I just want Sakurai to outright say whether Rock and Winged Pikmin are part of Olimar's moveset so I can start getting tired of the Pikmin shots :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just want Sakurai to outright say whether Rock and Winged Pikmin are part of Olimar's moveset so I can start getting tired of the Pikmin shots :p
Haha they're not even from the same game!

Maybe there's an Olimar luigification from Pikmin 3 that uses the basic Pikmin and flying/stone Pikmin in place of purple/white Pikmin.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Haha they're not even from the same game!

Maybe there's an Olimar luigification from Pikmin 3 that uses the basic Pikmin and flying/stone Pikmin in place of purple/white Pikmin.
Actually, Olimar is playable in the Multiplayer and he appears in the Single Player in some form apparently

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
But... he doesn't have a major role...
In 1 out of 3 games? I hardly think that matters. Besides, Sakurai is a genius, he wouldn't just leave the Rock and Winged Pikmin out entirely right? Besides, iconic Pikmin> New, advertisement worthy Pikmin in an honored game developer's perspective. If they're not there then I won't be devastated either, I loved his Brawl moveset anyways :)

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
LOL. We have yet to see a picture with more than 3 Pikmin. Its a pretty sound hypothesis. This just mocks the people who share this educated opinion.
We also haven't seen a picture of Donkey Kong's up tilt. Has it been removed too? I've explained in detail why it would be completely illogical to make that change which doesn't mean it's impossible, but it does mean that it's not especially plausible any more than the vast number of other things we haven't seen yet being removed would be.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it's Olimar or Villager again I'm gonna stop staying up for these for a while. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And, when you do, Sakurai will actually do something :D
That's what I'm afraid of. :laugh:

Seriously though, I don't see getting anything substantial until next month anyway... but I clearly can't help myself. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Olimar with flying pikmin will be next as a new Up B. You have been warned. Prepare yourself.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
We also haven't seen a picture of Donkey Kong's up tilt. Has it been removed too? I've explained in detail why it would be completely illogical to make that change which doesn't mean it's impossible, but it does mean that it's not especially plausible any more than the vast number of other things we haven't seen yet being removed would be.
If you're going to make a comparison, make a logical one. Despite the fact that we haven't seen DKs up tilt, we know for a fact its in the game (changed or not). Every character has 3 tilts, regardless. This comparison is irrelevant.

It is extremely plausible, if not MORE likely than Olimar having 6 Pikmin. I really dgaf if no one else thinks so lmao. Be in denial all you want.

Screenshots with 3 Pikmin or less: approx. a Dozen.
Screenshots with 4-6 Pikmin: Zero.

How does this evidence suggest that Olimar only having 3 Pikmin "completely illogical"?

Your personal preference for Olimar doesn't make anything more plausible or logical.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
It looks like they're finally putting actual effort into the graphics on the 3DS version. Did they make the black outlines smaller too?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Kid Icarus Uprising stage, specifically Chapter 11. I wonder if it's going to be the Temple/New Pork level considering it looks pretty big.

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
It's the part of Kid Icarus Uprising where the armies of the world are fighting over the Wish Seed.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
About the new pic of the day, am I the only one who's thinking about if stage hazards will be in the new 3DS stage?

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Kid Icarus Uprising, with a new Kid Icarus Uprising stage confirmed, does it means a new (playable) Kid Icarus character will be confirmed?

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe it's because it's his game and he loves to plug it. We had to wait until Brawl to see multiple Kirby reps because he didnt want to over represent his franchise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Speaking of Kid Icarus Uprising, with a new Kid Icarus Uprising stage confirmed, does it means a new (playable) Kid Icarus character will be confirmed?
The daily images don't seem to hint towards such things, though I'll be very surprised if Palutena isn't a newcomer either way.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Am I the only one that thinks this new image is from the Single Player Campaign? It looks extremely detailed, very wide, and the camera is zoomed out pretty far.

It looks very similar to something from the Subspace Emissary.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That stages looks so clean and detailed. Really sets up my mood for some reason.

So I wonder, if Uprising-stage has now been confirmed, could this mean the possibility of "Pit's & Palutena's Codec Banters" being opened?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I certainly think so... But, was there ever any doubt that we'd have a Kid Icarus: Uprising stage in the first place? I don't think this really changes much, only that those who wanted to play in The Underworld are going to be disappointed in the 3DS version.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's the part of Kid Icarus Uprising where the armies of the world are fighting over the Wish Seed.
Kid Icarus Uprising stage, specifically Chapter 11. I wonder if it's going to be the Temple/New Pork level considering it looks pretty big.
Are you sure? From my perspective it looks like its from chapter 2 Dark Gaol's Castle. Like the part of chapter where pit is flying towards the castle. Well that's just what I see.
EDIT: Okay I just whipped out my 3DS and played chapter 11 on kid icarus uprising. You guys are right that background is from chapter 11. And that makes me wonder if the stage ever goes through a change halfway through when Viridi's Reset Bomb detonates. We could be seeing a stage hazard like Norfair's huge lava wave. But the instead of a lava wave it would be a Reset Bomb that explodes and acts like a huge lava wave but also changes the background in the stage and the color scheme.

LOOKS SICK!!!!!! Those things are Raindrops??? Ehmargeeed!!! I hope to see this one in the Wii U
version
Well according to smashbros.com it looks like we will be getting another character reveal soon. You see that challenger approaching banner underneath today's screenshot? GET HYPE!
EDIT: Or is that banner still there because of Olimar's reveal? IDK I just got excited that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom