• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure? From my perspective it looks like its from chapter 2 Dark Gaol's Castle. Like the part of chapter where pit is flying towards the castle. Well that's just what I see.

Well according to smashbros.com it looks like we will be getting another character reveal soon. You see that challenger approaching banner underneath today's screenshot? GET HYPE!
EDIT: Or is that banner still there because of Olimar's reveal? IDK I just got excited that's all

It seems very likely that banner is still there because of Olimar's reveal. It's really annoying the banner is still there X(.
(Why Sakurai, why do you often troll us?)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ah, yes, Chapter 11 from Kid Icarus Uprising titled "Viridi, Goddess of Nature", starts you off in that setting for a bit as the humans fight each other for the Wish Seed that unknowingly to them is a hoax (thank Hades for that). Then you have that Reset Bomb that Viridi delivered coming in to create such an explosion (or as some also call it, a genocide). After the explosion, you see a big godly-sized hologram (or projection, w/e you wanna call it) of Viridi in the background for a few seconds. Then you work your way to get a closer look into what is now the Reset Bomb Forest that you'll eventually be going into (see land battle for the chapter). Once inside, you look around to find out that it's to be one huge maze filled with pinkish vines, damaging spikes and more. With that, this stage may be a Castle Siege replica in its stage-changing aspect.

Truth be told, Sakurai really does have a liking for Viridi, and I knew that since KI:U (I remember him saying something about offering more hearts to Viridi than Palutena and such), but I didn't see this stage coming. Just shows how amazing Sakurai can be when it comes to surprises.
And that's pretty much the synopsis of today's amazing picture. <3

*now imagines Viridi's chances to be playable increased* It's possible, right?

Now to add to that...
To clear the confusion, Ch.2 that is the chapter with Dark Lord Gaol's castle may have had a somewhat similar look to Ch.11, but the former had tons of Underworld enemies raiding the humans while a darker moon sky was present. Plus the incoming "catapult fire" gave it away that it is Ch.11, the fact the humans are fighting each other while the Underworld army (in the air) are just waiting to collect souls.
Safe to say that we're gonna be hearing some good Ch.11 music goodness. I wonder if it'll just be the regular one rather than a potential remix.

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
Wow I like it but is it adventure mode or a fire emblem stage

It's a Kid Icarus: Uprising stage.

And I have to say I'm very pleased with today's screenshot. It really looks like they aren't cutting corners on the game development, even on a system with more hardware limitations. I think it's safe to say that the 3DS version of the game wont be a lackluster port of the Wii U one. Now I'm really excited to see what it has to offer. :chuckle:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Defense never played kid Icarus and where were you yesterday for the previous picture of the day
smashoperatingbuddy123@: where were you yesterday for the previous picture of the day?
um... dude... I think you missed an episode....Go back to page 1 of this thread before you make another reply....

Sakurai: Viridi, Goddess of Nature, is about to obliterate the humans as they battle, driven by greed.​

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I think by "defense" he meant "in my defense". Meaning that he admitted to being wrong already. :p

vicgur

Smash Ace
Is Sakurai really gonna take the "console/portable stage dividing" THAT seriously?
I know it's a little too soon to tell, but so far, every WiiU stage is from a table console and every 3DS stage is from a portable.
If that keeps happening, I'm not sure I'm gonna like it.
Well, I'll just wait to see what the future has in store for us.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Is Sakurai really gonna take the "console/portable stage dividing" THAT seriously?
I know it's a little too soon to tell, but so far, every WiiU stage is from a table console and every 3DS stage is from a portable.
Well, that's what he said in the first place. I'm not a big fan of this idea myself, but it's just something you'll have to get used to. Maybe Sakurai will change his mind but that seems unlikely. That's probably the only thing that I don't like so far about this game, but there's so many positives that outweigh the negatives that it isn't too much of a bummer.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Well, that's what he said in the first place. I'm not a big fan of this idea myself, but it's just something you'll have to get used to. Maybe Sakurai will change his mind but that seems unlikely. That's probably the only thing that I don't like so far about this game, but there's so many positives that outweigh the negatives that it isn't too much of a bummer.
I don't really care about that, but there are some franchises and or games that are almost exclusively portable, like Pokémon and Kid Icarus Uprising.
As much as I like to see their stages in the 3DS version, I'd also like to see them in glorious HD. I mean, Pokémon is a HUGE series for Nintendo. They can't just ignore that and put all the cool stages in the 3DS version, while the WiiU only gets the third instalment of the Stadium.
The 3DS should focus in spin-offs and obscure games, like Hotel Dusk and Starfy and whatever.

Anyways, I really trust Sakurai and I know most of the stages will be great [there's always a "75m", tho]. I'll just be a little disappointed if there's no Uprising stages fo the WiiU.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't really care about that, but there are some franchises and or games that are almost exclusively portable, like Pokémon and Kid Icarus Uprising.
As much as I like to see their stages in the 3DS version, I'd also like to see them in glorious HD. I mean, Pokémon is a HUGE series for Nintendo. They can't just ignore that and put all the cool stages in the 3DS version, while the WiiU only gets the third instalment of the Stadium.
The 3DS should focus in spin-offs and obscure games, like Hotel Dusk and Starfy and whatever.

Anyways, I really trust Sakurai and I know most of the stages will be great [there's always a "75m", tho]. I'll just be a little disappointed if there's no Uprising stages fo the WiiU.
I think they'll do something big and glorious for the 3DS (Giant Chasm, PWT), and continue what Melee did for Pokemon. So for the Wii U version, I think we''ll see another Pokemon stadium and Poke Floats 2.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Cool, KI:U stage! :3 I recognized the background from that one chapter during air battle. I think we'll get to see Viridi's...bomb thing in the background also.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You act like Sakurai never said this before hand.

Also, Pokemon on the console version could have a stage from these.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Woah, that's really pretty for a 3DS picture.

BATTLING. BATTLING. BATTLING. Pokepark :3!

Severe change in tone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Something tells me that they'll have an NES Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U (Most likely the Underworld) since it was the only console game of the 3 Kid Icarus games.

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet
Oh hey, a 3DS image! Wonder if it'll have Wii Fit Trainer or Pikmin?

Nope, just a new stage. Nothing to see here, move along until tomorrow where we'll get another Wii U image of Pikmin! :troll:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Defense never played kid Icarus and where were you yesterday for the previous picture of the day
Everyone in the thread was posting about it being an Uprising stage, so you don't need to have played the game to know that.

And I update the first post every day. I haven't missed a day since the beginning, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I actually like the pace Sakurai is revealing stuff. It's a little slower than the Brawl Dojo but he's doing it at a fast enough clip that I'm not getting stir crazy waiting for interesting updates.

D

Deleted member

Finally, something new.
And something that isn't related to Olimar or Pikmin.

vicgur

Smash Ace

[INSERT GAMES HERE]

Yeah, I admit he said something about it. But I didn't think he meant it that way.
But it's not confirmed just yet, anyways.

And I am aware of those Pokémon games. I just choose to ignore them as they aren't really "canon" [I hate that word and everything it represents].

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah, I admit he said something about it. But I didn't think he meant it that way.
But it's not confirmed just yet, anyways.

And I am aware of those Pokémon games. I just choose to ignore them as they aren't really "canon" [I hate that word and everything it represents].
Canon really doesn't matter when it comes to Smash. Especially when it's noncanon to all the other franchises represented in it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The characters look so tiny. It's obvious that there won't be stages a huge as Temple in the 3DS version given the screen sizes, but that thing posted today looks like a little bit too much. It's a different thing in motion obviously but Fox gets kinda lost in the background and for a fighting game with lots of movement onscreen...

I could see it as a sidescrolling stage from an adventure mode, in this case being played by 2 people (though that'd require some sort of wifi link between 3DSs?)... or a CPU.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's stage looks pretty great in my opinion.

Why is it everytime I say that we probably won't get anything new for a little while that something new comes up the very next day?!?! Stop making a fool out of me Sakurai! D:<

Well the Wii U version can't have all the cool stuff you know. Gotta give some for the 3DS as well. ;) Don't be greedy...

They gotta have a few exclusives though, with characters it's a major nono so we might as well do it with the stages. Besides, most only play on Final Destination anyway.

NekoFish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3437-4454-8236
The new KI:U stage is quite beautiful despite being on the 3DS.
I'm really enjoying the 3DS art style over the Wii U's so far.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
This stage looks like it could be pretty cool. I get a big Castle Siege vibe from it. I think it'd be great if the stage looped through different forms in a similar way. Possibly like, human fighting in the background, to the reset bomb area, to maybe the boss area. The transitions would also be more natural as opposed to Castle Sieges wooooosh transition.
Agreed. I would much rather an HD Uprising stage (particularly chapter 8) as opposed to an NES stage for the Wii U version, which I can't help but think would end up being like Icicle Mountain or Mushroomy Kingdom with a Kid Icarus paint job. Though I'm probably being overly negative here.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Each to their own. The Wii U has that high-resolution and good-detailed graphics, but don't underestimate the power that the 3DS can hold. <3

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The new KI:U stage is quite beautiful despite being on the 3DS.
I'm really enjoying the 3DS art style over the Wii U's so far.
Agreed. I'm really hoping for a Dillon's Rolling Western stage for the 3DS version. As well as Dillon himself making it to the roster, he's the only newcomer I care about at this point since Villager has been confirmed. Waluigi is a shoo in so I don't have to worry.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Darn, the 3Ds already got 2 new Zelda stages, a Mario stage, a fire emblem stage, and now a KI stage. And it's probably going to get some crazy Pokemon stage of epic proportions. But I don't mind, I'll buy that version down the road anyways.

What makes me mad (mad is an inappropriate word choice, more like slightly irritated) is that they are showing all these amazing 3DS stages, but neglecting the Wii U stages. It may not get any of those portable stages, but they just keep showing us the same stages over and over. Maybe I'm just getting impatient. Maybe they are saving Wii U exclusive stages like A Mario Galaxy stage for later because they want people to get hype. I just hope they show a new wii u exclusive stage soon.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
First, it's nice to see these are more than just "LOL, look what Villager is doing. So silly."

I expect this stage will change with a Reset Bomb falling in and you fight in there.

Also, I'm not sure if it's being done now, but I suggest also posting what Sakurai says. Helps clarify what is going on.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Darn, the 3Ds already got 2 new Zelda stages, a Mario stage, a fire emblem stage, and now a KI stage. And it's probably going to get some crazy Pokemon stage of epic proportions. But I don't mind, I'll buy that version down the road anyways.

What makes me mad (mad is an inappropriate word choice, more like slightly irritated) is that they are showing all these amazing 3DS stages, but neglecting the Wii U stages. It may not get any of those portable stages, but they just keep showing us the same stages over and over. Maybe I'm just getting impatient. Maybe they are saving Wii U exclusive stages like A Mario Galaxy stage for later because they want people to get hype. I just hope they show a new wii u exclusive stage soon.

Relax! This game will be released in 2014, so we got plenty of time to see A LOT of reveals!

My hype levels are quite high I must say, but I think it's better for everyone to see just a lil bit of information every some days... If they release all the info now they won't have anything for the next months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom