• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Good thing your opinion on it no longer matters, mac is back baby!

as long as your man enough to admit that, all is forgiven. But to be fair, sakurai did pull a fast one in hiding all the logos and replacing them with punch out ones later.
doubtful, it will probably be another mac image. I think if anything we could hope for diddy on america's TF release, i know it hasnt happened on anything but JP releases as of yet, but it would space out both well and still be timely.
Never said it did in the first place, but I can state it. It's not like I said "Mac shouldn't be in the game because he isn't overdue."

I don't think so...

As far as fan requests, I'd think it goes:
Villager: high
Mega Man: very high (possibly the most wanted)
Wii Fit Trainer: very low
Rosalina: medium
Little Mac: medium-high (in the West only), medium/medium-low overall

Doesn't seem like a big pattern to me. They clearly used Villager and Mega Man as big names to hype the game up at E3. They're both from big franchises and appeal to different sorts of gamers, with Mega Man bringing huge hype and retro fans and so forth.

Then Wii Fit Trainer for a true WTF moment, to throw us off balance and think anything can happen in this new game.

But Rosalina and Little Mac? I don't see any particular reason for them being revealed exactly when they were, other than SM3DW being released a month before Rosalina's reveal. Which isn't THAT close.

Assuming the game is launching after E3 2014, I think we can assume they will be saving at least one or two big reveals for that event. Someone like Pac-Man (or any other 3rd-party newcomer), Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool...

So in that sense, yeah, they're probably building up. But only because it generally makes sense to hold out the biggest hype for the event that's all about hyping your games.
I noticed that characters that were assist trophies are now highly requested.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I am very very curious if the Smash logo only changes when Little Mac is on the stage or something...
This is what I believe will happen. Just like toon link and the train stage.

I can't believe this. First Rosalina, and now Little Mac! I feel like Sakurai wants to prove me wrong, because those were two of the few characters that I didn't believe would make it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
There's a perfect explanation for Rosalina and Little Mac.

Rosalina is in the NEW Mario games, and therefore will be more known to kids, and in turn boost the likelyhood of them purchasing the game through parents. Little Mac is a a fast speed character who gives pff a strong cool vibe, also appealing to children.

Not hard to see the reasons for inclusions if you look at sale tactics.

One of the reasons I dont think K. Rool (Plus the character seems meh yet smashboards is stuck up his bum...)will make it, nor Ridley just because he hasn't been in any recent Metroid Releases that were popular.
I know sakurai tries to split between highly requested characters and lesser known characters that have potential

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but in Melee/64 (I don't remember), the direction of your taunt was determined by the direction you were facing. This seems to have returned with this screenshot:

Just some small detail.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is right before they got KO'd

Also if Bowser was THAT HIGH percent he would have flown MUCH MUCH FASTER than he did in the video.
I don't know what magic Sakurai used, but the UI looks a lot better than it did in Brawl. Might be the fact that the avatars are smaller, the font seems nicer and there is better spacing.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So amidst all the awesome Little Mac hype im confused about the pic of the day...did we already get Friday's super early? it seems like it

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So amidst all the awesome Little Mac hype im confused about the pic of the day...did we already get Friday's super early? it seems like it
Yeah I'm actually thinking this is the case now, since he just labeled it "pic of the day" and not "real" or anything like that.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I don't know what magic Sakurai used, but the UI looks a lot better than it did in Brawl. Might be the fact that the avatars are smaller, the font seems nicer and there is better spacing.
That's the magic of high definition, baby! :) Messy icons can be shrunk down and maintain clarity, allowing for more sma****ude!

And to think nintendo did not see the merits of a high def console last gen

Dairz

Smash Ace
So is it being assumed Diddy will be revealed next friday? Its not like theres any other appropriate time to reveal him.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but in Melee/64 (I don't remember), the direction of your taunt was determined by the direction you were facing. This seems to have returned with this screenshot:

Just some small detail.
This applies to Brawl too. Sometimes
Check MK's Up taunt.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lil Macs incredible reveal trailer reminded me of the cutscenes from Tekken Tag 2, in fact I bet it was made by the Tekken Tag 2 crew. Glad to see Sakurai let Namco's creative artists unleash their magic.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I don't think no DK vet or newcomer will be announced any time soon.

I don't think no more characters will be announced this month, and I think for a while.

...Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I doubt we'll be getting a pic tonight.
Little mac's update read Pic of the day instead of Real pic of the day, implying it was japan's and The rest of the world's pic for friday at an early time.

(i kinda hope i'm wrong though)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hope we get a picture tonight. Inb4 sometime next week Sakurai shows a picture of the boxing ring stage noting that it's different from before and how he fooled us all.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
OOOhhhh... Now I see!!! Little Mac's KO attack isn't OP!!!
If you stop the video in the correct spot you can see, Bowser's Damage is at 231%. :3

(And to be more specific... It's BEFORE he hit them!)
Ok I was wrong. There was a short second in Lil Mac's trailer where he was charging the KO punch and Bowser and Megaman were low percent, but the short like less than a second clip shows Bowser at 231% getting hit with a fully charged K.O. punch. That explains how he died. But now what interests me is how HEAVY Bowser really is. 231% getting hit with a FULLY CHARGED Lil Mac K.O. punch which we are to believe is REALLY strong. And he didn't fly fast at all, it took him about 2 seconds to go from the floor to blast zone. Normally in Brawl with a non charged up Smash that would take less than a second for Bowser to go to blast zone.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Ok I was wrong. There was a short second in Lil Mac's trailer where he was charging the KO punch and Bowser and Megaman were low percent, but the short like less than a second clip shows Bowser at 231% getting hit with a fully charged K.O. punch. That explains how he died. But now what interests me is how HEAVY Bowser really is. 231% getting hit with a FULLY CHARGED Lil Mac K.O. punch which we are to believe is REALLY strong. And he didn't fly fast at all, it took him about 2 seconds to go from the floor to blast zone. Normally in Brawl with a non charged up Smash that would take less than a second for Bowser to go to blast zone.
Bowser's shell confirmed to be non-aerodynamic.

Edit: In all seriousness, shut up about this.
Sakurai said:
His biggest feature is his Power Meter. When this gets charged up, his standard special move changes! It turns into a one-hit-K.O. uppercut.
Edit 2: ^^^ Not directed at Xaltis, but at everyone saying it isn't a OHKO.

Last edited:

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see they used his Punch-Out Wii design for this game. Now I hope that King Hippo is an AT to replace Mac.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I don't think no DK vet or newcomer will be announced any time soon.

I don't think no more characters will be announced this month, and I think for a while.

...Guess we'll see.
Remember, we got Rosalina on December 18th, then Zelda on December 26th.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Smashbros.com says the pic was last updated 2/14. This might be it guys.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm imagining Sakurai wasn't planning on another Picture, but then he sees how many people are waiting and is just like, "Really? Fine."

Takes a picture of Mac punching Weegee's nose.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, pretty sure we don't get one right now, which is fine. This was a great reveal for today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom