• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've got the game booted up in front of me right now, and I can't get her in-game Idol's stance to match the stance in the picture... It's insanely similar, but they're not the same.
Hm. Keep in mind that there's for sure at least 2 Palutena idols, and I know about the regular, and the rare variation (which I have). It could be different. Nonetheless, I won't believe it til we hear from Sakurai himself. Besides, she'd be more likely to appear in March for a potential 2-year KIU anniversary moment (I already know bout the bashing of anniversary times), and I wouldn't think newcomers would be revealed so close in time from each other, not yet. From WFT, Villager, and Mega Man in June, Rosalina in December, and I'm sure that another newcomer, who gets their own trailer, would not appear after a mere month of another newcomer, or at least not yet imo.
Long story short, only confirmation from Sakurai will make me believe, and I feel it's too soon to announce another newcomer.

EDIT: Ending rumor conversation. Let's just bask in the glory of the ledge game pic.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
(since we're on the topic of females)

We're currently at...
Samus/Zamus
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Rosalina
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth

That totals to 7 playable female fighters, which is a pretty good number IMO. This doesn't even include the ambiguous Pokemon that are commonly referred to as female (Jiggs and Ivysaur), Nana... And don't forget about Marth.

Smash already has plenty of female representation.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
(since we're on the topic of females)

We're currently at...
Samus/Zamus
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Rosalina
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth

That totals to 7 playable female fighters, which is a pretty good number IMO. This doesn't even include the ambiguous Pokemon that are commonly referred to as female (Jiggs and Ivysaur), Nana... And don't forget about Marth.

Smash already has plenty of female representation.
whats funny is half of them are princessy-types (Peach, Zelda, Rosetta), and the other half spend half their time looking like MEN (Samus, Sheik, WFT, Marth)

I CALL SEXIST

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
whats funny is half of them are princessy-types (Peach, Zelda, Rosetta), and the other half spend half their time looking like MEN (Samus, Sheik, WFT)

I CALL SEXIST
oh so because they arent showing clevage they look like men now whos being sexist

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
I fail to see how wii fit trainer looks like a man.

unless you're referring to her alt model. in which case, lol

link2702

Smash Champion
sakurai's post(s) were so vague that I'm unsure if this update is a good thing, or bad thing....

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
oh so because they arent showing clevage they look like men now whos being sexist
lol

I know you're joking, but it is kind of interesting, since Samus was originally made for people to think she was a guy, Sheik's disguise was to convince people she was a guy, and WFT can actually BE a guy (though I guess it's not officially confirmed that its a costume).......

I fail to see how wii fit trainer looks like a man.

unless you're referring to her alt model. in which case, lol
yeah that was the joke

still though, I'd like more variety, we've got three princesses and three ninja/martial arts girls and Samus. How bout a monkey? Or a dark and powerful villain? Or a phazon-powered bipedal Metroid mutate? Or whatever the hell Midna is?

Just not another of something we already have, is all I'm sayin'

crap I forgot this isn't the thread for this

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I doubt what Admiral says because of this.

"Decided to take a quick look at all of the Smash pics on the Smash Bros. site and the backlog of all the pics of the day. Not a single picture has Mario in his idle pose like that, Wii U or 3DS version."

Someone else's quote not mine. But like I said, real or fake, pretty dam sure she's already in this game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know that's the idol from Uprising, as well as her animation, so nice try to those who made it. Besides, I rather wait for Sakurai to give us the real news.

Are you 100% sure. Comapered to this picture the shield, staff and dress are all different.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Not gonna really pay much attention to the Palutena shenanigans. Even if it is real, I'm personally not that interested in her.

As for the edge game changes, this is either amazing or bad. So long as Sakurai doesn't decide to take the route with brain damage, it sounds like an end to planking/ledge camping, possibly a slight buff to edge hogging standard recoveries, and a slight buff to tether recoveries as a whole. If he however takes us down the brain damaged route that gave us tripping, we could see infinite planking (provided air time isn't reset upon edge grabbing), even more ledge camping, Personally, I think Namco will keep him in check and will do the right thing in the end, but until I get the game in my hands myself, I'm a little anxious to see if this will be a great change, or something as bad as tripping.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this update did not do much for me since I prob wont even notice the changes :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Another interesting picture today that reveals more details about the gameplay. Being able to "steal" the edge from another player sounds interesting.

And that Palutena picture... I'd like to say fake. I initially thought it would be an edited picture using Palutena from Kid Icarus: Uprising, but there are some details that shouldn't be overlooked. It looks real, but it could also be a very elaborate fake.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We need more pictures like this one. It's definitely interesting to find out how current mechanics are shaping up in this game.

Now if only I understood what he's trying to say...

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I actually think the Palutena pic is fake mostly because they showed her on the 3DS version. It would most likely be easier to take a model from a Uprising game and put into the 3DS version of Smash because of how the models look similar to it. Maybe if they showed a pic like this on the Wii U it could be trusted a bit more.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
whats funny is half of them are princessy-types (Peach, Zelda, Rosetta), and the other half spend half their time looking like MEN (Samus, Sheik, WFT, Marth)

I CALL SEXIST
I was about to insult you about calling WFT's glorious toned body a man's until I remembered the Alt. Costume, good times. And Rosalina's more of a graceful action girl than a damsel in distress like those other two...and Samus' overall body shape always looks female, even with her Varia Suit on.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I actually think the Palutena pic is fake mostly because they showed her on the 3DS version. It would most likely be easier to take a model from a Uprising game and put into the 3DS version of Smash because of how the models look similar to it. Maybe if they showed a pic like this on the Wii U it could be trusted a bit more.
That what I think too, would be too easy to sakurai track a leaked photo if was true. I don´t think that it´s real.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Ignoring the Palutena leak, interesting as it is...

Intriguing update. I can't say much about what its implications are since his explanation is, as usual, vague. Yet, it's good to know he's seriously contemplating and tweaking the existing mechanics, and this won't be as simple as Melee/Brawl 2.0.

What's more exciting is the fact that he's discussing game mechanics in such a technical manner. I'm hoping we see more updates like this in the future going over the various changes and tweaks that are being made to the game. <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
People, please stop talking about rumors and leaks here. We have another thread made just for those kinds of topics.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the new edge-hogging mechanics will work out. But one needs to ask how this will affect those who have multiple mid-air jumps, such as Kirby and Meta Knight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If this new edgeguarding thing acts the way I think it does, then my Bowser will be pleased to push opponents off who attempt to edgehog him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At least now we have solid confirmation this isn't just gonna be a HD Brawl with new characters. Not that there'd be anything wrong with that, just means less complaints.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Wow this is just great, now I'm really looking forward to this, not even in the competitive way, this is just great for some characters.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I don't like the new update. Edge Hogging will be missed.

Edit: How were grab controls effected by damage before? Is he talking about ledge attacks?

Edit 2: Perhaps grabs can only be trumped if the character isn't invisible

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I don't like the new update. Edge Hogging will be missed.

Edit: How were grab controls effected by damage before? Is he talking about ledge attacks?

Edit 2: Perhaps grabs can only be trumped if the character isn't invisible
You can still edge hog and the person on the ledge above 100% will have more options for coming back and keep the pace up rather than having limited options. I found this to be quite annoying when playing with characters that usually have over 100% like bowser, dk, ganondorf, dedede. This pic and update of game mechanics actually buffs bigger slower characters and very well may extend the life and mix up options.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Another interesting picture today that reveals more details about the gameplay. Being able to "steal" the edge from another player sounds interesting.
While this was my first thought, I realized that Link may have just knocked Mario off the ledge with his recovery and Sakurai's wording may be deceiving. I'm excited to see how it'll work regardless... and definitely excited to hear about changes to invincibility & get-up animations.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I CALL SEXIST
Yet Samus' Power Suit has gotten increasingly more feminine over the years in the 3D Metroid games. Starting with Metroid Prime, the suit has emphasized Samus' frame more. The only exception is Fusion which gave her an unusually masculine look in the Fusion Suit.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not a competitive Smash player, so can someone explain this picture to me?
The first part chimes in a possible nerf to edge-hogging (or, grabbing on the ledge so someone can't recover).

The second part is referring to before. Where, depending on your damage, the character would act differently getting back to the platform if over 100% (the characters will get up slower than before). That has been removed in this version.

But referring to the first part, anyone else think it might give an advantage towards meteor smashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom