• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai made Pit's game. Pit's game needs another rep, more females needed. She is very popular apparently. I'm pretty dam sure she's going to be in if this is real or not.
I know.

I was saying that if the image is from 4chan, of all places, I'm in doubt about its credibility.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Oh yay another pretty magic girl in a dress...

not like we have enough of those already...

not like we have plenty of other more varied and independent female characters to pick from...

no, we need more pretty princesses...

please be fake/an assist

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i want palutena to be playable.
she'd be a waste as an assist trophy.
we need more female representation.
on top of that she is a staff user, a new weapon (and if krystal makes it in thats 2 staff users)
and then we will have 3 goddesses of magic!

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
i want palutena to be playable.
she'd be a waste as an assist trophy.
we need more female representation.
on top of that she is a staff user, a new weapon (and if krystal makes it in thats 2 staff users)
and then we will have 3 goddesses of magic!
We could have all of those if we had Medusa instead + another villain

We already have Zelda, Rosalina and Peach.

We need a bad ***** .
Like MEDUSA!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
guys dont worry there saying shes an assist because her outlines arent as thick as marios.......we can change them so if this is real shes playable

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
I feel like anyone hoping for Medusa hasn't actually played the new Kid Icarus game. While I wouldn't be mad if she got in or anything, Medusa is not worth a Smash character just because she's a villain IMO.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Update: Cool, so edge game is getting tweaked for the better? Nice.

Palutena: Color me interested, although I'm indifferent on her. Kinda goes with the "more female" stance Sakurai suddenly seems to have. No objections there, but I would prefer some more independant, less magic-oriented female characters as well.
Still, neutral about Pauly, but still looking forward to her reveal just to get another NEWCOMER.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If palutena's an assist that means no KI newcomer, end of story. hades is gonna take the boss role, medusa isn't even prominent in the game, she isn't even fleshed out she's just..... there.

inb4 ****ing viridi is playable..... >_>

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
its not Sakurai's fault if the best female reps are magic based :X

EDIT: I mean as of yet unused female reps. i know Samus is the best female rep period

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just put two and two together on the planking changes. So we're seeing Link put Mario into that blocked animation by snatching the ledge; this is probably a long enough animation to let Link punish. What if Link chooses to punish with his new dair meteor which as far as I can tell is the fastest aerial meteor attack we know of. Maybe seeing "bad off-stage" Link in this picture isn't quite as ironic as it initally seemed...

While the Palutena stuff is interesting itself, somehow I'm just so much more excited by the ledge stuff. I'm not even going to lie; I personally planked people out with G&W many times, and it's the only thing I've ever done to win in smash bros that left me feeling dirty. Of course I did it anyway since it was a good tactic, but it was still just lousy for all sides with me having the realization that it would have been even worse if I played MK instead of G&W.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So someone said that the original leaker said that she was an assist trophy.

Can anyone confirm this?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
OK, now I REALLY want to see more footage just to see how this works.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Something is fishy, Why is there a 3DS frame around the edges? And can someone look through the old pics to see if she could've been pasted over?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If I recall correctly, wasn't there a (fake) image of Ness on the 3DS version floating around once too?
It's easier to fool people in low-poly... Especially since there isn't a Palutena model in Wii U graphics.
(So MAYBE, I'm saying that this Palutena could've been ripped from KI:U, and given a black border to both hide pixel imperfections on the edges while smoothing it, and obviously serving as the 3DS border everyone has).

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I like how people think since Sakurai made the last Kid Icarus game there is going to be a second rep for KI. It seems like people are forgetting how long it took kirby, a much larger franchise whom Sakurai CREATED, to get more reps.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The original poster of those two images didn't say anything about Paluenta being a character or an assist. It was found on 4chan. Someone mixed it up with me as the OP and I jokingly said "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy."

In the end nobody actually knows wtf is going on with Palutena.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
again guys the people over on the rumors topic have seen inconsistincies with her ki:uprising model this isnt that i went and checked myself

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
I feel like anyone hoping for Medusa hasn't actually played the new Kid Icarus game. While I wouldn't be mad if she got in or anything, Medusa is not worth a Smash character just because she's a villain IMO.
I played through maybe half of it, then stopped. Hurt my wrist. Doesn't change my opinion though.

She was the main villain of the first and most famous game of the franchise. I don't care what happened in Uprising. She was the original main villain and that still accounts for something. Besides, we don't need a Hades, we already have one of those. His name is Ganon.

There are just so few female villains in Nintendo games and so many princess/goddess/pure-and-good-white-chick-of-pure-goodness type characters, I'd just like to see a little variety.

Palutena: Color me interested, although I'm indifferent on her. Kinda goes with the "more female" stance Sakurai suddenly seems to have. No objections there, but I would prefer some more independant, less magic-oriented female characters as well.
LIKE MEDUSA???

well okay Dark Magic is still kind of magic, but we haven't really had a legit dark Magic user unless you count Captain Ganon....

its not Sakurai's fault if the best female reps are magic based :X

EDIT: I mean as of yet unused female reps. i know Samus is the best female rep period
well there's still Dixie Kong, Dark Samus, Lyn, Captain Syrup, Midna (Twilight Magic is pretty unique), and plenty of others I'm sure

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got an idea

Instead of trying to figure out if that's the real palutena model

Try and see if you can find that Mario picture

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I like how people think since Sakurai made the last Kid Icarus game there is going to be a second rep for KI. It seems like people are forgetting how long it took kirby, a much larger franchise whom Sakurai CREATED, to get more reps.
Sakurai could always change his mind, but not saying KI is definitely getting a 2nd rep, but I do expect that franchise to get more stuff than Brawl gave them. Thankfully it's getting new stuff, just not in the form of a character or assist trophy as far as I know.

As of now, we do have a KI Item and a stage. I'm sure there's more to come, I just hope it'll be even more interesting stuff.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know that's the idol from Uprising, as well as her animation, so nice try to those who made it. Besides, I rather wait for Sakurai to give us the real news.
You sure?

The eyes and nose seem different.

I've got an idea

Instead of trying to figure out if that's the real palutena model

Try and see if you can find that Mario picture
This.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
I'll give you Dixie.

Dark Samus- i don't want to see a single "dark" character become a newcomer ever. plus. i don't think dark samus even has a gender :p

Lyn isn't exactly relevant anymore, personally id take lucina over her (i know, i know, marth clone) but lets be real, those guys aren't getting in

captain syrup- keep dreaming

midna, not going to happen ever

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
I know that's the idol from Uprising, as well as her animation, so nice try to those who made it. Besides, I rather wait for Sakurai to give us the real news.
I've got the game booted up in front of me right now, and I can't get her in-game Idol's stance to match the stance in the picture... It's insanely similar, but they're not the same.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Palutena's facial features in her KIU idol poses don't match up with the second picture. This Smash Palutena's mouth is slightly more open, and her pupils are larger.

So it could be fake, but there's also a chance that those slight differences are part of her Smash model, and that her pose in the second picture is a reference to this very idol, similar to how Sonic's idle pose is a nod to his idle pose in the Classic games.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This is not the thread to discuss rumors and leaks

Sakurai posted a lot of info with this update. Air time and damage will effect invincibility on the ledge, which is really interesting. I imagine that means very little air time (i.e. planking the ledge) = very little invincibility. This means Sakurai recognizes a big problem with brawl and is directly taking the initiative to make a thoughtful and reasonable adjustment rather than a knee-jerk reaction, thoughtless 'patch' which is what most fighting game developers do nowadays. This only furthers my faith in Sakurai, and how amazing this game will be.

Now, I wonder if high damage = more invincibility (increase survivability, which can be good) OR if high damage = less invincibility (preventing people at high % from stalling their death, which can also be good). What do other people think? :)

Also, I kind of dislike that he's removing the change in getup attacks and rolls over 100%. I thought it added a bit of depth to the ledge game, and made things harder on players at high % which is appropriate. But if high % = less invincibility like I mentioned above, then this change is very reasonable (it'd motivate players to get up on the stage more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom