• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm glad someone else said about the zzs Final Smash. That was my first guess when I saw the picture too. My sister always used her so I am pretty used to that annoying vortex of doom.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
+1's all around.

I predict Sakurai will go out with a bang tomorrow and give us something awesome. I believe in the power of Friday.

Can you believe that came out almost TWO years ago? God I feel old.
Collapse that song. That song is worse than every meme ever made on the internet.

Firstly
I don't think that you know what a meme is.
What I posted was an image with a caption.
meme

/mēm/
Noun
  1. An element of a culture or behavior that may be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp. imitation.
  2. An image, video, etc. that is passed electronically from one Internet user to another.
So yes your image with a caption is also a meme
#pointless info
:troll:

I swear if we get another pikmin picture tomorrow I will feed my pet rabbit a steak!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
People really overuse the word in the first place without knowing what it really means. Basically if Sakurai thinks of something our feeble minds can't comprehend, he's trolling. This includes if he uses characters/concepts people don't like.

People using the "Who would ever expect (insert poor definition of a joke character here)?" really aren't looking at the grand scheme of things. Who would ever have anticipated anything like Yoshi, Fox McCloud (during the 64 era, at least) and Pokemon in a fighting game?

This whole series is made up of "joke characters." And it was intended as a party game first, competitive fighter never.
I understand Yoshi and Fox, but Pokemon?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was mostly referring to that in a pre/post 64 era mentality. Thinking of Jiggs and Pikachu, mostly.

Had they never been playable, and/or Smash never having existed until now, I'm pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to come up with movesets for them.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Why the optimism :cyclops:?
You should always be optimistic, like if you fall down stairs just say "man, I got down those stairs fast!" (that was not my joke) Also, your profile pic looks familiar.

vicgur

Smash Ace
No, I'm really serious. Just check every detail of Samus/ZSS Final Smash from Brawl.

Final Smash Samus/ZSS in slow motion, link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c_D93ANMBE

In that case, I repeat. Solar Power = Sun Salutation + The "Sun" part.
You can see in the picture. She's doing the Sun Salutation.
It's simple as that.

It's not ZZS's Final Smash. I can guarantee that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm all up for new character reveals, and I admit it's fun to speculate on characters by trying to analyze pictures from pixel to pixel..

But ever since Brawl, I've NEVER come across Sakurai having an off-scene shot of an unrevealed characters's attack prior to its reveal.
Just like I never saw character faces in the clouds of the SSE cutscene.

People are looking too much into these things. The WFT's picture is showing one of her attacks, so I'm pretty confident that's not Samus, nor the super-literal form of revealing a Golden Sun character. XD

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
What? Why would somebody think its Zero Suit's final smash? The sun ehh... thingy... is too small to be her final smash
Well, it is gonna be a different game, so maybe they changed it a little.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I come back to this thread expecting people arguing about 3 pikmin being in the picture and i see civil discussion minus someone defining memes as silly as that sounds.
Guys stop being so nice to each other.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I come back to this thread expecting people arguing about 3 pikmin being in the picture and i see civil discussion minus someone defining memes as silly as that sounds.
Guys stop being so nice to each other.
This isn't the Roster Prediction Thread.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Any ideas on what that is? I think it is both of them self destructing and Sakurai lets the camera move that far, and when they self destruct, they are still there, but respawn after a short while like the other games. Obviously this is a crazy idea, but it is still (not) logical.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Any ideas on what that is? I think it is both of them self destructing and Sakurai lets the camera move that far, and when they self destruct, they are still there, but respawn after a short while like the other games. Obviously this is a crazy idea, but it is still (not) logical.

I agree. It's obvious the moment when they get knocked away (a likely destruction).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It does look like they're under hitstun... If they are being KOd then that means that stage has a round blast zone of sorts. It can't be the very corner of the stage either cause Samus would have died from a star KO and not like that.

If these are indeed characters being KO'd then what a way of confusing people.

Unless the camera is tilted.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Woops double post :(

This update intrigues me...what can this possibly be?!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It does look like they're under hitstun... If they are being KOd then that means that stage has a round blast zone of sorts. It can't be the very corner of the stage either cause Samus would have died from a star KO and not like that.

If these are indeed characters being KO'd then what a way of confusing people.
I would like the idea of round blast zones instead of the square (rectangles you idiot!) ones we had before. Also that brings another thought to me. What if there was an assist trophy that actually makes the blast zones on screen for everyone except the person who summoned it? Would you like the idea, or hate it? I personally wouldn't care since the only items I ever use are Smash Balls.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
"Pic of the day. The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

Sakurai's Miiverse comment on the image.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
OOHHH I wish I read it before making assumptions lol. So does anyone know how it will work? I think it will work like first player is red and second is blue bla bla. But it would be cool if every character had there own color. I am not saying I think every person will have there own, I am just saying it would be cool. Though it would be hard to see some since the colors would be alike.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
This is an awesome feature. Keep it up, Sakurai!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Every character already has their own color. It's the same color your shield is and your icon behind your health meter. It's p1 red, p2 blue, p3 yellow, and p4 green which has been the case in every smash game (though AI use a unique shield color). I dunno how that's going to work out on Wii U with the various control options that don't necessarily operate as traditional controller ports (especially if someone is using the gamepad).

That description is very nice because this would be a very confusing picture otherwise. I'm mulling over the implications of this if any; it's very interesting if nothing else.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First post is updated. Sorry if I'm not quick to update for Monday. I'm heading to the airport right now to fly back to Louisiana to visit my family. I'm flying back in on Monday.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Samus is actually Buzz Lightyear and Link (I assume that's Link however I'm not sure) is Green Lantern.

Disney vs DC Comics confirmed. :troll:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Every character already has their own color. It's the same color your shield is and your icon behind your health meter. It's p1 red, p2 blue, p3 yellow, and p4 green which has been the case in every smash game (though AI use a unique shield color). I dunno how that's going to work out on Wii U with the various control options that don't necessarily operate as traditional controller ports (especially if someone is using the gamepad).

That description is very nice because this would be a very confusing picture otherwise. I'm mulling over the implications of this if any; it's very interesting if nothing else.
If I read Sakurai's comment correctly,it's actually an awesome feature:

I am the first player,A.K.A. the red player,when I knock somebody far away,he bursts into red flames,to tell the others I am the one who knocked him away,the red player.

Depster

Smash Champion
Pretty sure that's not link. Look at his boot. I may be mistake and it could just be blast zone effects obscuring Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom