• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As for this week

Reminder this is the last potd week before are version comes out

And 2 also he will leave the 3ds updates alone and go wii u updates.
Maybe not. He said that he was going to start covering the unlockable stuff once the game came out in the other regions so there's going to be at least some updates covering the 12 unlockable characters and 5 (?) unlockable stages.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Maybe not. He said that he was going to start covering the unlockable stuff once the game came out in the other regions so there's going to be at least some updates covering the 12 unlockable characters and 5 (?) unlockable stages.
Seeing them in hd form and whats the point of continuing the non unlockable stuff for the 3ds veraion the wii u updates are going to have a little more focused on.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I do remember that in Melee, the second BGM can end up playing randomly, even if you don't press the R button. I wonder if the music choice is manual this time around.
It's the same here. I tested it in the demo.

Holding down R guarantees the alternate track, but selecting it normally has the normal track play with the alternate having a small chance of playing.

But, like @ Curious Villager Curious Villager stated, I was hoping there would be a way of selecting the default track manually.

I think it's interesting that the music in this game works the same way as it did in Melee. I'm really looking forward to hearing more of the Wii U soundtrack since that's supposed to be one of the big draws of the game.
When it comes to music, the 3DS version is like Melee and the Wii U version is like Brawl with the My Music feature being used.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Dang, I've realized how big of a bummer it is that this thread is dying...all the hype shared here. The insanity, the funny comments, the endless times the mods threatened to close it down...so many good times and now they're just archived away :c.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully the pic tells us something new about the Wii U version again...right?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly the pics should all be Wii U version, aside from talking about stages on the 3DS version that are unlockable; we pretty much know everything about the 3DS version even now.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Honestly the pics should all be Wii U version, aside from talking about stages on the 3DS version that are unlockable; we pretty much know everything about the 3DS version even now.
He's catering to the two people on the internet who don't know everything about the 3DS version. Ironically, you'd have had to been off the internet entirely to avoid spoilers anyways...

Khao

Smash Lord
Dang, I've realized how big of a bummer it is that this thread is dying...all the hype shared here. The insanity, the funny comments, the endless times the mods threatened to close it down...so many good times and now they're just archived away :c.
Don't forget the random lurkers.

Cause I'll never stop lurking this thread.

Whoops, guess I technically just did.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I still check this thread every day, no doubt. Most of the pictures have been pretty boring lately so I generally don't comment.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Exactly. Hopefully this will be the last week we have to deal with boring 3DS pictures. Bring on the Wii U info already.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Pic still isn't up? It's not like I care about your menus Sakurai... I just want you to hurry up and post it so I can do other things.

I don't mind waiting until the 3ds game is out to start on the WII U news, I just hope that when the 3ds version is out he gets right into the good stuff.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I still check this thread every day, no doubt. Most of the pictures have been pretty boring lately so I generally don't comment.
Same, and even after the Pic goes up there hasn't been much to comment on here.

Still, there seems to be a persistent bunch of 30 of us. Maybe we could've spent this time to gather round the campfire and get to know each other better. Form insperable bonds that would really bring us all together as friends, the persistent bunch.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning Received
be in third grade at a school assembly
have to chit real bad, feeling ill and feverish
we all get seated on the gym floor
holy f**k Hugo the Hornet is here! (Charlotte Hornets' NBA team mascot back when they were the Charlotte Hornets)
still have to chit so bad that I'm having cold sweats
wearing gymshorts, no underwear (I had a phase in elementary school where I just didn't wear any, felt good man)
Hugo the Hornet starts picking up kids and flipping them over in his hands and setting back down starting to feel dizzy from holding in my chit
see him walking my way
he's coming RIGHT FOR ME
he picks me up and begins to flip me over
he's squeezing my gut
as I'm upside down, diarrhea begins to fly out of my ass and out the leg of my shorts, arcing through the air gracefully start screaming
gets all over Hugo and sprays all over the kids sitting in front of me,hear it plop on the gym floor as well it also gets all over my face and in my mouth because I was screaming
Hugo then drops me on my f***ing head, into a pile of my own chit, hear him loudly say "WHAT THE F**K!!"
Hugo takes off his head and reveals himself as a black man. He pukes on the floor.
the music has stopped, the room is dead silent
assume the fetal position
covered in my own chit and can't stop farting/chitting as I lay there
start crying
pass out
wake up with someone carrying me out of the gym, holding me at a distance the tiny breathable holes in my gymshorts work like a chit colander, leaking chit water everywhere, leaving the hard bits in my shorts
pass out again

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think he'd probably still talk about some 3DS stuff even after the 3DS version is out worldwide, particularly the unlockable stuff such as stages and all. But yah.

For now, I would just like to know at least what the official release of the Wii U version is. Hopefully we get to hear about that sometime soon after the 3DS version comes out worldwide....

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

EDIT: Looks like I wasn't the only one pressing F5 in the Japanese Miiverse...

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Those outlines are mad thin. Took me a second to process what I was looking at...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, you guys are fast.

I assume the pic is gonna talk about the "team color" outlines for the Wii U version as well like they did for the 3ds version. Nothing too spectacular really.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I hope you can change the thickness, it took me a couple of seconds to notice the outline on Mario.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ah, kind of a relieving update. I mean, I was pretty sure this would be the case, but there was some doubts that perhaps only the 3DS version would get outlines cause confusion or something. But yeah, now I can have Mario and Luigi on the same team with their proper colors!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Well would you look at that, things we knew months ago and figured out ourselves. I forgot to throw in complaints in my previous post xD

Imo, they shouldve just stuck with the colored hearts over the team mates like it was done in Melee ' s classic mode

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
*puts out campfire* Well... I suppose I'll see you guys tomorrow, yes? I'm outta here.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Did you not expect me to post another one? Hah! I like being random.
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SWIF FOX INQUISTION!

...anyways, those lines are so thin I didn't even notice them at first, but then I don't even need the lines at all, I know who my teammate is without color coding lol. I'm just glad we aren't restricted to team colors anymore.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
At this point, any Wii U pic is better then another 3DS pic, the weird thing is I didn't know about team outlines...How did I not see it before?

Anyway, glad we got a new Wii U pic, hopefully starting next week we get exclusively Wii U images for POTD.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The fact that Swift Fox beat us by mere miliseconds shows how PRO is at POTD posting :4fox:

Also the English caption is late, we may get bonus info regarding Friday's release?

EDIT: Anyway Google Translate did a good job with the Japanese caption:
One piece today. In 3DS, team color was expressed in framing. So, is as? Photos in Wii U version. It is a little thin in the photograph, but the strength of the border with respect to the screen does not change, the more far away, it stands out that is better fighter is displayed in a small size.

Looks like the thickness of the outline is determined by the size and distance of the character and is not customizable.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Charizard's looking pretty beast right there. :4charizard:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Even when the Pic is not super Interesting, I love seeing it being the Wii-U version. Being so used to the 3DS one, the Wii-U one looks so good.

Ah, that's their idea all along, making people Think it is prettier than it is because the 3DS version is out first. Smart.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
omg HD yes thank you based everyone

I hope there's a 2nd pic at least showing you can change the thickness. No reason to make us wait for that news AGAIN.

{edit} okay there's not :(

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Cool to know that the team outlines are on the Wii U version too, it's one of many neat additions this game makes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We still don't have a caption?

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This alongside Falcon. I can enjoy any pic that has characters I love.
Many characters in general just look amazing compared to Brawl and the last games. Notably (in my opinion) Link, Toon Link, Lucario, Ike, and Charizard.

Also, according to a translation someone put up, the outlines stay the same size during battle, so they become more noticeable when the fight zooms out and characters become smaller.
Hope they bring back Sector Z.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom