• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, we know for a fact we aren't getting new info until next month

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

Attachments

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Lol is fitting, no? ;)

Edit: Was a little tipsy, seemed funnier at the time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Alph isn't a clone. He is literally an alt costume. Like you select Olimar and change the color to play as Alph. Like male/female Robin.
Huh, the wording led me to believe he was another Lucina-esque character but after reading it again, I can see that he's an alt. Kinda odd since I've seen people say that Sakurai isn't fond of that idea but whatever. We still have all the other clones I mentioned and no Pichu.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Huh, the wording led me to believe he was another Lucina-esque character but after reading it again, I can see that he's an alt. Kinda odd since I've seen people say that Sakurai isn't fond of that idea but whatever. We still have all the other clones I mentioned and no Pichu.
Pichu wouldn't really work out as an alt due to his proportions being different from Pikachu.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pichu wouldn't really work out as an alt due to his proportions being different from Pikachu.
It's also why Pikachu only inherited his costume. He could definitely have a costume that changes his ear models to look like him. Just a regular model change like the Daisy melee costume. Also, I think Alph was supposed to be a different height as Olimar, but did get his proportions changed to match him for the purposes of an alt. It's not out of the question, just would take some effort. I don't think you can fix the tail, though. The ears are easy. The body shape is easy. But the tail? Issues.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's also why Pikachu only inherited his costume. He could definitely have a costume that changes his ear models to look like him. Just a regular model change like the Daisy melee costume. Also, I think Alph was supposed to be a different height as Olimar, but did get his proportions changed to match him for the purposes of an alt. It's not out of the question, just would take some effort. I don't think you can fix the tail, though. The ears are easy. The body shape is easy. But the tail? Issues.
It would also look weird having Pichu the same size as Pikachu.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It would also look weird having Pichu the same size as Pikachu.
I think most would complain that he lost his gimmick than anything else. Which I can agree with. I think he's best off as a clone. Because honestly, without the "damage self" gimmick, what does he have that makes him notable from Pikachu? Nothing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think most would complain that he lost his gimmick than anything else. Which I can agree with. I think he's best off as a clone. Because honestly, without the "damage self" gimmick, what does he have that makes him notable from Pikachu? Nothing.
Um, he's adorable?
Also, wow, it's really weird coming back to this thread after 24 hours and being able to see my post from yesterday without having to dig through several pages.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Um, he's adorable?
Also, wow, it's really weird coming back to this thread after 24 hours and being able to see my post from yesterday without having to dig through several pages.
The thread kind of lost its luster with the "no Wii U images" implication Sakurai pulled.(or he meant that exactly. I dunno. Meh.)

I don't think being adorable is good enough for an alt. There's gotta be more to it than that, imo. But anyway, that's off-topic. You could continue that in the Social thread with me if you want to. :)

D

Deleted member

The thread kind of lost its luster with the "no Wii U images" implication Sakurai pulled.(or he meant that exactly. I dunno. Meh.)

I don't think being adorable is good enough for an alt. There's gotta be more to it than that, imo. But anyway, that's off-topic. You could continue that in the Social thread with me if you want to. :)
He didn't really imply or even outright say "No Wii U images", just "No more new info until the game is released overseas".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He didn't really imply or even outright say "No Wii U images", just "No more new info until the game is released overseas".
You're right. My bad. I still don't think we'll see any new Wii U information, which is disappointing. I hope a few Wii U pics shows up, though.

D

Deleted member

I'm here.

But then again.

I'm everywhere.
Liar, I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and I didn't see you.
I even checked all of the people, products, walls, inanimate objects, ceiling panels, and floorboards and those weren't you either.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Did you check inside of yourself?
I've always figured that you were some sort of mythical creature from another plain of existence that stumbled upon the internet, slowly discovering how to mold within the fanbase and look normal, but failing, and ended up looking like a complete ****ing philosophical creep.

I like you.

Also this thread is dead as ****.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I've always figured that you were some sort of mythical creature from another plain of existence that stumbled upon the internet, slowly discovering how to mold within the fanbase and look normal, but failing, and ended up looking like a complete ****ing philosophical creep.

I like you.

Also this thread is dead as ****.
Well- Sakurai did say there wasn't going to be anything new till Smash4 was released worldwide...

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
By the looks of it... it's the character ranking screen showing which characters are most/least used...eh nothing special hoping something special gets announced on Friday besides the US demo but besides that it's most likely going to be another menu

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I thought Sakurai said he'd be posting "funny and entertaining" PotD's now that Smash 3DS is out in Japan.

None of his PotD's since that announcement have been funny, nor have any been entertaining.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I thought Sakurai said he'd be posting "funny and entertaining" PotD's now that Smash 3DS is out in Japan.

None of his PotD's since that announcement have been funny, nor have any been entertaining.
True we been getting more menus then a restaurant it would be cool/unexpected if he announced those who gotten the unlimited demo can get a few more characters and one more stage added but then again that would be dumb since we are 13 days away from release

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom