• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Maybe it actually is a trailer? I am a little surprised there wasn't one made for launch.
Unless you count this. Which has next to no chance of ever being released elsewhere.

I doubt we'd get anything now. Maybe a little closer to the end of the month to hype up NTSC release.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Unless you count this. Which has next to no chance of ever being released elsewhere.

I doubt we'd get anything now. Maybe a little closer to the end of the month to hype up NTSC release.
Yeah, that one doesn't really count.

I keep checking the website but everything seems normal.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
With a wait this long, it's definitely got to be more than a filler picture.
deep down im hoping hes just gonna put all remaining 11 chars on the site, represented by ??? boxes to indicate unlockable status
That's exactly what I'm thinking, but if he does that, he'll lose 11 potential PotD for this 3-month gap he has between versions. So unless he has more characters or an insane amount of stuff to show from the Wii U version (or both), I don't think he'll do that.

Exate

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what I'm thinking, but if he does that, he'll lose 11 potential PotD for this 3-month gap he has between versions. So unless he has more characters or an insane amount of stuff to show from the Wii U version (or both), I don't think he'll do that.
Probably the case. If Sakurai did one character reveal per week, the last character would be revealed a week post-release of the game overseas. Have a feeling he still wouldn't do that, though.

And even if he did put the remaining up tonight? The guy is a master at biding time with PotDs. I'm sure he has enough content to last us through November.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It'd be cool if Sakurai gave the 3DS and WiiU versions their own separate sections on the site, I guess.
That could be a reason for the delay, if not for the Elder's Day.
They do have seperate sections

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai at 44 could consider him to be nearing elderly age

''I'LL TEACH THE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS TO RESPECT ME AND TO THINK I WAS GOING TO MAKE THE PERFECT ANNOUNCEMENT. THE FIRST WII U MENU PICTURE. DANG NABBIT!"

(I'm kidding, he's not elderly or nearing it please don't hate me)...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sakurai at 44 could consider him to be nearing elderly age

''I'LL TEACH THE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS TO RESPECT ME AND TO THINK I WAS GOING TO MAKE THE PERFECT ANNOUNCEMENT. THE FIRST WII U MENU PICTURE. DANG NABBIT!"

(I'm kidding, he's not elderly or nearing it please don't hate me)...
Rosalina, I guess you are old enough to know the truth.

Sakurai ages backwards.

Really curious to see what the update will be, btw. ^^ If it is site updates, can we expect some Wii-U news, maybe?

Exate

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina, I guess you are old enough to know the truth.

Sakurai ages backwards.

Really curious to see what the update will be, btw. ^^ If it is site updates, can we expect some Wii-U news, maybe?
I'm thinking it most definitely has to be related to the Wii U version at this point. This wait has been so long that I'd be flabbergasted if we didn't get an update of significant size. No PotD has taken this long before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm thinking it most definitely has to be related to the Wii U version at this point. This wait has been so long that I'd be flabbergasted if we didn't get an update of significant size. No PotD has taken this long before.
I think 5:00 AM my time was the true latest.(it's 5:22 AM for me now).

This is quite interesting. I do remember him doing no real PotD during Little Mac's reveal. He skipped one day technically.

But this is not the case. I mean, if he was taking a break, wouldn't it have been easy to simply say that? "I'm taking a few days off." He certainly has give us warnings on that before and all. I think something fishy is up.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
At this point I would say there will be no PotD. I could be wrong but it seems most likely.

I mean it could be that they're adding secret characters. Given the scale of that update I could see it taking longer than the others but I doubt it.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
This is awfully strange. If we weren't getting any more PotDs, I'm sure Sakurai would have let us know.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
What made you think thats the last?
I realy dont understand you.
Oh, I don't outright think it will be the last, I just find the concept of ending the hype train with a menu picture absolutely hilarious.
Kinda like if the Titanic movie ended up with the ship getting to New York safe and sound with absolutely no problem whatsoever and Leonardo Dicaprio just said "That was kinda boring" as an end note.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Is Swift Fox still here to post them asap? :-P

What if Sakurai thinks: "Welp, the most important people in the world have already gotten the game, so who cares about new pics of the day?"
I told myself not having to post any more potd once the 3DS version is released in japan. Lost of motivation.

But I've wrote a script that will auto-reload the pic from smash bros site without the caches.
Daily-jp.jpg with a cache-busting and auto-refresh script that will do every 2 seconds (after the image has finished downloading). Not even a hard refresh method is enough to actually refresh the image, so I've wrote this cache-busting script that will actually refresh the image and the browser will think it's a new image every time. The Smash Bros site apparently doing the same, though, it takes up to a day to cache-bust it. It is also not ideal to refresh the whole site just for it.

I've had this since the moment I was ninja'd with someone posting a pic of new challenger :4metaknight: :p
It's one thing. I also open a window of Sakurai's Miiverse posts (I run three same windows of it actually, and they will load at different times). I used an add-on called ReloadEvery that will auto refresh the page (2 seconds interval).

When it's up it's way faster to just drag & drop in the comment box and submit it.

I'm quite surprised that new potd is still not up yet... it's gonna be the latest one, or none for today?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its going to come up in 12 hours, "revealing" all of the secret characters by putting them on the site. One can dream, right?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
You know it's getting weird when Sakurai hasn't posted when you wake up.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, I'm thinking there'll be no update today. Not only is there a public holiday in Japan today (apparently?), but Sakurai might also want to take an extra day off after the 3DS version's release. At least I wouldn't blame him. It's also pretty late in Japan already.

Watch the update happen at this moment.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm just sitting here, waiting for the potd, listening to this amazing Smash 4 soundtrack.

No complaints here.

If there wasn't going to be an update today, we'd be told. It's coming. There's probably some updates to the website going on or something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think Sakurai mentioned anything about taking a break from his pic of the day posts. Very odd how he hasn't revealed any new screenshots by now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Maybe Sakurai is too busy playing online? I mean, finally there might be some competition instead of those Namco noobs :p

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yeah... I don't think we're getting a pic today. Maybe we'll only get them with secret characters, with them being under spoiler tags? Though I still expect sonething to do with the Wii U version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom