• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I like the joke hint PoTDs. Even though this character is already revealed, I'll give it a shot, to help w/ the wait.

Sakurai included a second picture:

Though in all seriousness, I hope the new PoTD is Wii U related.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Is Swift Fox still here to post them asap? :-P

What if Sakurai thinks: "Welp, the most important people in the world have already gotten the game, so who cares about new pics of the day?"

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Imagine if it was a picture of the Climbers trophy and he explains why they're not playable on 3DS and then follows it up with...

''BUT FRET NOT, BECAUSE THEY MADE IT SAFELY AND SOUND TO THE WII U VERSION. We tried our best to keep the rosters as close as possible but some character invitations only were specified for appearance in the Wii U version."

That sound? That combined sound? Would be butt hurt and bricks being **** all at once.
LOL

What if the potds are over, but you guys just think they're still going

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Imagine if it was a picture of the Climbers trophy and he explains why they're not playable on 3DS and then follows it up with...

''BUT FRET NOT, BECAUSE THEY MADE IT SAFELY AND SOUND TO THE WII U VERSION. We tried our best to keep the rosters as close as possible but some character invitations only were specified for appearance in the Wii U version."

That sound? That combined sound? Would be butt hurt and bricks being **** all at once.
That's the sound of me throwing my **** bricks at the butthurt people.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Imagine if it was a picture of the Climbers trophy and he explains why they're not playable and then follows it up with...

It would also be a broken promise.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_same_character_roster_on_both_wii_u_and_3ds

KatKit

Smash Lord
LOL

What if the potds are over, but you guys just think they're still going
Highly unlikely. The Smash Dojo got updates long after Brawl's release. And the current site is clearly incomplete. Plus we need to see pictures of Wii Fit Trainer training all of the characters in the roster at least once.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I think Sakurai is still fighting the people who are rioting about Dr. Mario being in the game but Mewtwo is not. That's why it is late.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Promises are made to be broken they say.

I would not be surprised if Nintendo realized they have/had to do something massive to get people to shell out the bucks for a WII U version of the game and overruled him in his decision of a same roster. They overruled him with Sonic last game. They clearly have the power to push him around when they feel the need to sell the game to a more wide audience.

And that's not just including us. How exactly do you convince the general public to pay twice or more when there's a version they can get for less with a system that's already got a more diverse user base.

''Mommy! I want a Wii U and Smash Brothers!"
''Why not the 3DS sweetie? It's cheaper and you already have the system."

They don't want this. Something big is coming for that Wii U version and it's NOT just a Gamecube controller and more stages/different modes.

Otherwise the 3DS version is most likely going to hurt the Wii U version's sales.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Highly unlikely. The Smash Dojo got updates long after Brawl's release. And the current site is clearly incomplete. Plus we need to see pictures of Wii Fit Trainer training all of the characters in the roster at least once.
Lol I was jk, but still true

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai broke his promise of making Ice Climbers work for 3ds. Lets just throw more promises out the window :awesome:
...He never promised that. :facepalm:

In fact, he outright told us he had difficulty with them but will try to return as many characters as possible, but outright said cuts may happen.

He broke none of those promises at all. :smirk:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
...He never promised that. :facepalm:

In fact, he outright told us he had difficulty with them but will try to return as many characters as possible, but outright said cuts may happen.

He broke none of those promises at all. :smirk:
I took it as a promise and I intend to treat it as broken!

I'm joking by the way. I'm still really salty about Ice Climbers though. So much salt that can melt the ice that they're trying to climb. SALT!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I took it as a promise and I intend to treat it as broken!

I'm joking by the way. I'm still really salty about Ice Climbers though. So much salt that can melt the ice that they're trying to climb. SALT!
:salt: Have some fries, my good man.

But I didn't realize you were joking. My bad. Well, I really hope he finds a way to fix the issues without killing their playstyle. I mean, making them one Climber clearly fixes the "too many large models lag online" potential issue, but then it makes them play beyond differently. That's like Pichu without the ability to hurt himself. >_< Everybody has something that makes them special. And Sakurai never took that away from them in the end. Ganondorf is still a clone, for instance. Sure, it kind of "sucks" for some, but he keeps his old playstyle overall. Just updated and such.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Technically he did call them Smash 4 and Smash 5. And there's a Smash 6 whatever it is at works in the Bandai Namco studios at probably this exact moment with the people they've already hired.

Smash 4: 3DS, core roster was what they could initially achieve for this system in the given time frame. They realize they must release it with as much content as they can. Nintendo makes them aware of an improve 3DS coming down the line, maybe even spawned from the limtations ran into making this version.

Smash 5: Wii U, with the new plan in place, Sakurai sets out to finish the characters he wanted to finish for 3DS and incorporates them into the Wii U roster. He leaves the production to take a rest.

Smash 6: New 3DS, the completed and new version of the final product that was released as the Wii U version. Bandai Namco hires new people to finish this project, as well as any DLC for the Wii U and the RE-Release for New 3DS.

A scenario like this is not entirely unlikely but it'd not be a first in the fighting game making industry. Just Nintendo history.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
And then I realized, a long with the Pic of the Day, this thread too, will die soon, if not tonight.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Off topic Character Discussion/Spam Warning Received
IC were in Melee; old tech. IC were in Brawl; still old tech LOL.

Rosalina & Luma are in the game and I refuse to believe 3DS can't handle the Ice Climbers. I firmly believe it is laziness.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
IC were in Melee; old tech. IC were in Brawl; still old tech LOL.

Rosalina & Luma are in the game and I refuse to believe 3DS can't handle the Ice Climbers. I firmly believe it is laziness.
I do hope you realise that Nana is many times harder to get to work than a Luma.
Think about this.

Four Ice Climbers, making 8 playable characters at the same time. On a big, chaotic stage. With Items on High, Final Smashes, stuff everywhere. 60FPS. Full 3D. From 4 different 3DSes working together. Online.

Please don't Think Sakurai is lazy for not getting that to work. We already know the 3DS can barely handle this Smash as it is.

But as Mods said, off-topic... sorry Mods. :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/japan/respect_the_aged.php

Not sure what Sakurai's track record is with holidays, but anybody think he might have taken the day off?
I question why he didn't simply just say something? I think we'll get one in around 15 minutes. Albeit, it could be a quick filler picture too. He always told us when he took off, and many late pictures came with something extra. Like Music, a Trailer, a Site Update, etc.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I doubt Sakurai would take a day off like this without informing us. I am positive there is a Pic, as well as a major update to the site.

It takes time to upload the BIG guy, you know.

Purple Kraid.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Last time the picture was so late we got a new section for the website, maybe they're modifying it and that's why it's taking them so long.

Exate

Smash Journeyman
I question why he didn't simply just say something? I think we'll get one in around 15 minutes. Albeit, it could be a quick filler picture too. He always told us when he took off, and many late pictures came with something extra. Like Music, a Trailer, a Site Update, etc.
With a wait this long, it's definitely got to be more than a filler picture.
deep down im hoping hes just gonna put all remaining 11 chars on the site, represented by ??? boxes to indicate unlockable status

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I wonder if they're opening up the WiibU section. And they just nonchalantly drop a release date out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom