• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hmm, title screen + tips menu? Not bad. Atleast the demo is coming to regions outside Japan.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Strange that the title isn't in English on the English Miiverse pic.

Ah never mind.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ok so the main POTD is just the japanese title screen, but in the comments section is something more as many know, guess what?
... A MENU

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Calling it now, tomorrow's PotD will be the fiery Smash logo that we see in the beginning of the newcomer trailers. It'll be used in the intro of the game.

We've reached the title screen. Only one place left to go from there.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
This is just the best PotD ever, totally beats out all the other menu pics from the past weeks.

Filler picture for countries outside of Japan. We'll have to get our dosage of PotD information from the demo streams.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh! Er...oh

Good news for the Japanese players not aware of the eShop demo? Then again if they check the daily updates chances are they are aware of it.

There might be a hint for a eShop demo for non-Japanese smashers in there. That's something. A very strange update regardless. Now if it was announcing a worldwide demo people would collectively lose their minds.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I'm laughing like a maniac. Seriously more menus....

I'm sick of menus pics...

Soul.

Oh, the demo title screen. Cool, now all we have to do is wait until the demo is out on the other eShop versions.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Well... at least this is more or less a confirmation that we will be receiving a demo (not that there was much doubt as to this, considering Japan got one). :p

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
For all those who wanted a better look at the tips section, there it is. A soft confirmation that everyone else will get the demo eventually is nice, but that fact that we can't have it right now sucks.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
OH GOOD! YOU CAN'T FORGET ABOUT THE TITLE MENU! You really gave it your all on this one. You truly are the MVP! *fades into gibberish*

Sonsa

Smash Champion
"Pic of the day. Some of you can play a demo, the rest of you havta wait more. See ya tomorrow."
Sakurai I didn't leak your game stop punishing meee.
Oh well. Music soon...?

D

Deleted member

"Pic of the day. Some of you can play a demo, the rest of you havta wait more. See ya tomorrow."
Sakurai I didn't leak your game stop punishing meee.
Oh well. Music soon...?
We're all the same to the vengeful god Sakurai.
That or he figures that since the game is coming out in 2 days he doesn't really need to show us much because we're going to know everything soon anyway.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Good god, we've gone from menu screens to title screens! What's next, the credits screen? Where does it end?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, the pic hasn't been uploaded to the official site, so we might at least get some music today.

I want to play the demo though :'(

We're all the same to the vengeful god Sakurai.
That or he figures that since the game is coming out in 2 days he doesn't really need to show us much because we're going to know everything soon anyway.
If it were me, I'd want to be the one revealing the cool information. I guess he wants to keep some secrets from us.

BUT HE CAN'T KEEP SECRETS FROM US MUHAHAHA!

Edit: Sorry, double post. It's been a long day.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
"Pic of the day. Users in Japan, you can now download the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! friends.

For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version."

tfw your not in Japan.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Can you guys imagine the reaction to the pic if we didn't know about the demo?

We'd all be chanting "PRAISE MENU WEEK THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI!"

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I suppose the roster will be kinda hype, but otherwise, RIP hype until the week most of us get smash :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Once all the 3DS menu screens are shown, he might start showing off Wii U menu stuff! This PotD wasn't very exciting for us because it is an announcement for Japanese players. I hope tomorrow's is better.

DarnDraper

Smash Rookie
Well....at least Sakurai us giving a shoutout to us peeps outside Japan, no doubt confirming we'll get a demo. I guess i'm fine with this POTD because we'll be able to know pretty much everything about the game in a few days time anyway. 7/10 All around solid pic

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai seems to love spiting non-Japanese fans. First he releases the game 3 weeks early in Japan for no apparent reason (when games such as MK8 and Pokemon X/Y had Worlwide simultaneous releases), and now this insulting pic?

I'm calling the online waiting room menus for tomorrow.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Three days before the release we get a public demo. Just... what? Why?

This pic has no relevance for me. See you tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai seems to love spiting non-Japanese fans. First he releases the game 3 weeks early in Japan for no apparent reason (when games such as MK8 and Pokemon X/Y had Worlwide simultaneous releases), and now this insulting pic?

I'm calling the online waiting room menus for tomorrow.
'Cept he's probably not the one that calls the shots on when the game is released.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can you guys imagine the reaction to the pic if we didn't know about the demo?

We'd all be chanting "PRAISE MENU WEEK THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI!"
Uh...No.

No we wouldn't.

Seriously, don't ever try that this time.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
'Cept he's probably not the one that calls the shots on when the game is released.
Perhaps, but I would think if anything Nintendo would have preferred a simultaneous release...and I see no real possible reason that such a simultaneous worldwide release wouldn't be possible when it was done with huge, text-heavy games like Pokemon X/Y.

So I choose to blame Sakurai's bias!

D

Deleted member

Perhaps, but I would think if anything Nintendo would have preferred a simultaneous release...and I see no real possible reason that such a simultaneous worldwide release wouldn't be possible when it was done with huge, text-heavy games like Pokemon X/Y.

So I choose to blame Sakurai's bias!
Hyrule Warriors is also being released at different times depending on where you live, same went for Mario 3D World, though to a lesser degree. I don't think there's really any rhyme or reason behind Nintendo's release dates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Good god, we've gone from menu screens to title screens! What's next, the credits screen? Where does it end?
"Pic of the day. Here's what it looks like when you go to the Smash Bros page on eshop!" No, wait- "Pic of the day. Here's what it looks like when you turn on your 3DS! Pretty crazy, huh?"

So music today or...? Should it be here in 10 mins?

Edit: "Pic of the day. ...nahhh, pass. Try again tomorrow."
Also would love to hear some Sonic tracks (never played his games but really good music - Chemical Plant Modern, Planet Wisp, etc) and maybe something from Animal Crossing? Or Wii Fit's Hula Hoop music arranged?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom