• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
I predict a pic so insultingly boring, this thread will explode with tons of pages of comments creating a false hype. Yeah, that.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm so pumped for tonight's PotD! Since last friday when we got music, I've been expecting something awesome.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering....

Why leave Wario as the last Veteran reveal?

People like Wario of course, but many other Vets could have been saved until now that would cause more hype than Wario.

Could it be that Wario will be a part of a trailer showcasing Villains / Antiheroes, debuting alongside Ganondorf and Boswer Jr / Koopalings / Ridley?

If so that would mean no Veteran tonight. But this coming week would surely be the best possible time to give one last huge dose of Hype (I think the week of Sept 8-12 is pulling it too close to release - you want some time for the hype to spread, and by then much more will probably have been leaked).

So I'm totally expecting an announcement for a Smash Direct and / or a Newcomer video on the official site any time between now and the middle of next week.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
After nearly 4 years of waiting Im now finally happily playing Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright~ But, uh, yknow. Hope we get music and a mention of the direct.

Superturkey

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-8255-6157
I honestly don't care about this Pic of the Day. I'd rather get bigger news and have Sakurai make a comment about the upcoming Direct. If he says something about it, we're in for a fun ride.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
At the very least we can expect 2 more music tracks so today's Menu of the Day won't be a total waste.

:smash: I don't even care. I'll just sit here and sketch away at something I should've started earlier this week. Can we go for 6 menus in a row? You FREAKING bet we can!!!!

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I just want to remind you all that we have five more pages until we reach the 1,000th page

I say let Wario be revealed before it hits page 1,000!

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
if Wario was revealed right now, he could easily boost this thread's page to 1000 pages in less than 45 minutes. That's how real Wario's hype is. #WarioWirday

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oh, they will show Wario alright. In his Bikini Alt costume. And you will all love it. Especially one certain person. Poor guy.

I hope it is a bad pic, that'll indicate the Direct WILL have something good. :3

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I always love seeing this thread's views swell up before a PotD is released. It hasn't been a great week, although I feel like that's possibly due to the direct that's going on soon.

Here's hoping it's not a "There's a direct tomorrow, isn't that enough?"

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Isn't GameXplain going to be covering a media-only showing of Smash 3DS at PAX? Anything Smash shown in the Japanese Direct may get shown there...

Since we got menus all week, I'm hoping for Wario (I'm on board!) or maybe we'll just get more information about another menu.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how this has been a bad week. The pics may not be exciting, but they did provide information. Important information.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer an announcement of something big like a newcomer trailer or something related to pax to bring in many details from the 3ds version.

So right now I'm hoping for something more than a pic.
I feel like we should get something soon. Release date of Japan is close sakurai

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If there's a stage that needs further explanation, it would be either the Kalos League or the Great Fox stage.
Cough Pyrosphere Cough

I honestly think they should just spill the beans about Pyrosphere. People would either get closure or, in the very unlikely event, get hyped.

But I'd take anything. The game is soon upon us after all, there's no dire need for POTDs anymore for me. I think we'll get a menu screenshot of the online interface though.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
what I'm hoping for for tonight's Pic:

• Veteran announcement
• Smash Direct / Newcomer trailer announcement
• stage boss announcement that isn't Ridley
• a super-hype Alt such as Lobster Shirt Toon Link or Justin Bailey Samus
• Wii U Metroid stage that doesn't have lava

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm not sure how this has been a bad week. The pics may not be exciting, but they did provide information. Important information.
Importantly boring information...
:smash: Also I might be the only one who didn't like Wario in Brawl. Sure they can change him up but I'm not too excited.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Importantly boring information...
:smash: Also I might be the only one who didn't like Wario in Brawl. Sure they can change him up but I'm not too excited.
I remember seeing your posts. eh, I loved him in it. my firends all thought he was cheap.

Got my good ol GIF out once again :)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Everyone over here wants Wario and meanwhile I'm over here waiting for my main Ness to come up

or the Ice Climbers :'(

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I remember seeing your posts. eh, I loved him in it. my firends all thought he was cheap.

Got my good ol GIF out once again :)
Yeah I'm sorry Jabba. I just couldn't get behind his moveset. But hey it's great that you loved him and no one can take that away from you.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The only reason i want wario to show up is so i can see what that special wario GIF jabba has, the curiosity has been killing me from weeks of lurking U_U

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I vow that if the Ice Climbers return, I'll learn them better and add them to my mains list. I didn't know seeing them not in the game would make me so upset :(. So the least I can do for these fictional little cuties is to main them :). I need to make my sig of my mains soon like how all the cool cats have it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Suddenly I got Hyped again, so….

For all the people who want to join us…

Welcome to the #WarioWriday HYPE Train, please take a seat on one of the wumbo sized gold seats and enjoy a tasty cocktail of garlics along with a nice cup of garlic juice and grab a slice of our gross….. I mean Delicious diamond shaped cake made of guess what? Garlic! and enjoy the smelly ride while you watch and play some Microgames or the Good Ol’ Land Games on a 100 inch TV. Also if you tip a small “welcome back” (Hopefully today) fee of 999999999 coins to our returning veteran you’ll receive an autographed photo personally wafted by the man himself.

Ahhh can you smell it? Not only is the glorious stench of the Great Anti-Hero but also there’s a fresh aroma of 1000 pages getting closer!

Morbi

Scavenger
The only reason i want wario to show up is so i can see what that special wario GIF jabba has, the curiosity has been killing me from weeks of lurking U_U
The only reason I want Wario to show up is so that he can finally shut up and stop begging for Wario everyday. :troll:

I too am curious about this gif... I have been curious for much longer than "weeks," even.

Last edited:

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
Suddenly I got Hyped again, so….

For all the people who want to join us…

Welcome to the #WarioWriday HYPE Train, please take a seat on one of the wumbo sized gold seats and enjoy a tasty cocktail of garlics along with a nice cup of garlic juice and grab a slice of our gross….. I mean Delicious diamond shaped cake made of guess what? Garlic! and enjoy the smelly ride while you watch and play some Microgames or the Good Ol’ Land Games on a 100 inch TV. Also if you tip a small “welcome back” (Hopefully today) fee of 999999999 coins to our returning veteran you’ll receive an autographed photo personally wafted by the man himself.

Ahhh can you smell it? Not only is the glorious stench of the Great Anti-Hero but also there’s a fresh aroma of 1000 pages getting closer!
Sounds delightful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom