• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
He has given no notes of exclusive content on the Wii U. Literally.
If Wii U doesn't have some kind of adventure mode, I'll be really disappointed.

But I'm pretty sure Sakurai has something up his sleeve....maybe another Smash Bros Direct some time between October 3 and Wii U version release date will reveal a Wii U exclusive mode?

Speaking of announcements, I think the PotD's from now on will be pretty awesome, actually. If you think about it, we didn't learn much this E3 about the kinds of things we learn about in Picture of the Days, like new assist trophies, items, stages, etc. And we didn't get a single vet reveal!

So for me, the Picture of the Day hype is back.

majora_787

Smash Hero
All that was said was there was a "hype announcement". It's assumed to be pertaining to Smash Bros. given context, but other than that we don't know what it is, when it is happening other than "soon", what is involved other than possibly Smash Bros. in some way, or where the announcement is coming from.

Real talk, he is still answering questions right now and has not acknowledged the PotD at all at any point.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
JP: One piece today. Even so, I am lineup ridiculous game industry basis. And though such that Pikachu and Mario alone fight, it is not impossible. Enjoy, the festival only!

"Pic of the day. This is quite a line-up of characters for the gaming world. I mean, it's amazing enough that Mario can fight Pikachu. I hope you enjoy this truly unique celebration!!"

Sakurai was going on about this party of characters when Gray Fox was shown on the Brawl Dojo.
Mario and Pikachu are the most iconic faces in gaming. I;d argue that Pikachu is even more recognizable than Mario worldwide.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mario and Pikachu are the most iconic faces in gaming. I;d argue that Pikachu is even more recognizable than Mario worldwide.
Well at least in South America, this isnt true. Ive been to Chile mainly, but almost nobody there knows who Pikachu is, and Pokemon itself, while still decently popular, isnt very huge. The big reason for the lack of knowledge on Pikachu though, is that the Pokemon anime and Pokemon advertisements are practically non existent down there. Mario is really well known though.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"Faces?"
Who needs faces?
Pac-Man doesn't even need a face to be recognizable. Just a circle with a small sector cut out. :troll:

Aogami

Smash Cadet
When Zero said expect news today I sure as hell don't expect it to arrive at the middle of the ****ing night so calm down people and at least what until noon before throwing accusations.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Looking forward to any pictures related Dark Pit and Mr. Game & Watch. Those teasers ought to mean something...

As for today's picture, not bad at all. It was bound to happen given how huge are those video game icons.

I don't think we'll get a character reveal any time soon. I'd say we might see the first reveal since E3 on July. During the summer, it's likely there will be a Nintendo Direct on August, where a character will probably be revealed. Assuming all of this happens, it would be a repeat of last year's summer.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the Mii Fighters mean anything, Dark Pit could be a unique variant with a different moveset, even possible Pit's old Brawl version. But I'm thinking Assist Trophy, Stage Hazard(or a general appearance on Palutena's Temple), or just a costume at this point.

Mr. Game & Watch is a blatant veteran to me. Although I won't count lesser roles, if Mewtwo is any indication that "safe characters" shouldn't be assumed too much.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not a bad way to end the week. I hope we get some more information about the moves of the three (5 technically) newcomers in the run up to release.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated. I'm honestly excited that Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man are our 3rd party line-up. I wouldn't really want it any other way. All iconic and classic. I didn't know who the hell Snake was prior to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm extremely against having 3rd parties in Smash, but if it had to be done, I think this was the best direction to take it.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
*sheds a single tear*

I'll take a whole week of these pictures. I want them all jumping in the same direction now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys zero just said he can't announce it right now and its not nintendo related

And great picture

I mean mario and pikachu but this should be a celebration.

Matio and pikachu, sorry can't resist but that sounds like another ridley hint.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Star fox wii u was quietly announced during E3.

And since september 13th is when it comes out in japan

The unlockable veterans and newcomers will start being shown at that time.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
This picture is a bit similar to other ones on the site, but I can't say it wasn't expected. I guess this ensures no one checking over the weekend misses Pac-Man?

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Star Fox U was quietly announced but still not shown. Honestly unless Nintendo has another game up its sleeve I don't know what else it could be. I think we're done w/ Smash news for now.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
An interesting picture and an interesting caption. The focus of Super Smash Bros is shifting. It is no longer just about Nintendo icons bashing each other, it is now a tribute to the history of gaming. Some may like it, some may not. But it is pretty interesting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An interesting picture and an interesting caption. The focus of Super Smash Bros is shifting. It is no longer just about Nintendo icons bashing each other, it is now a tribute to the history of gaming. Some may like it, some may not. But it is pretty interesting.
Yep, Nintendo gets the best of the Character's history about them rather than acting as a marketing platform like Playstation All Stars did.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There's a few things missing from today's pic.

1. Pong/Color TV game 15

2. For all of them to be in a TETRIS stage!

There's a real history lesson image for you.

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
To see four of gaming's greatest icons together under the same roof... it's like a gamer's ultimate wet dream.

Anywhatzoos, I have no idea what's gonna happen for next week's PoTDs. Though I get the feeling it'll be the following:

- An explanation of Palutena's default specials
- A recap of an AT or Pokemon we saw in the E3 demo
- a Mr. Game & Watch character reveal
- Filler. Lots and lots of filler.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
- Filler. Lots and lots of filler.
Again, Sakurai has A LOT to say now because of the 3ds trailer and even saying that there's so much to talk about that it won't all be revealed before release. During the big drought before the direct, there was actually lots of info (a lot more than filler). Now, we would be with no direct for at least 2 months so, why there will be a lot of filler?

I really don't think filler is that likely as it was before now.

D

Deleted member

Now that we're getting close to release, I've suddenly become very anxious to see the coming PotD's. Once we get past the inevitable E3 recap pictures I quite look forward to getting info on characters, game mechanics, and stages that we have yet to see.

Since so much has already been covered in the PotD's I've become even hungrier recently for new info in future PotD's.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Don't forget that now that the custom moves things has been properly explained, we'll probably get updates showing some of the variant forms of some of the special attacks (like for example what Link's other two B, up B, forward B and down B variants are). There's A TON of those to show and I'm really excited to see them.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If not G&W true reveal then insight on what Palutena's regular specials are.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Again, Sakurai has A LOT to say now because of the 3ds trailer and even saying that there's so much to talk about that it won't all be revealed before release. During the big drought before the direct, there was actually lots of info (a lot more than filler). Now, we would be with no direct for at least 2 months so, why there will be a lot of filler?

I really don't think filler is that likely as it was before now.
Sakurai has always had plenty of stuff he could be talking about.

Yet he has found plenty of ways to tell us not very much.

I'm optimistic the pace of information will increase, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't increase by much. And I'm expecting this week to be mostly filler (info that wasn't in previous PotD but that was easily figured out from E3 footage).

In the scenario where Sakurai plans to release the full roster before the game releases, it should pick up significantly. Based on what he said about SSE videos and the roster being revealed as soon as the game came out, I'm guessing there's a good chance we'll get all the newcomers by the Japanese release date (or maybe one will be saved until right after it).

He knows that once the game comes out, all the newcomer trailers are going to be uploaded to YouTube anyway.

For veterans, on the other hand, he knows we'll know the full roster September 14th or so, but he does at least get to reveal their glorious HD appearance on the site.

We'll just have to wait and see. At the very least, I expect 3DS information to start outpacing Wii U by a significant margin.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
He knows that once the game comes out, all the newcomer trailers are going to be uploaded to YouTube anyway.
That's a very good point. Remember that it's the same person that didn't like how the SSE CS video got uploaded to youtube and spoiled everyone. By that logic, he wouldn't let the video there without actually revealing them but I just feel that there would be too much for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom