• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I feel that Metroid levels and bosses are going to be easier to finish now with those short shorts.

Or have a new aspect "If the bosses confess their love to you, it's instant death!"

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Sakurai pulled a prank on us. The shorts caption was fake. The real pic of the day is right below:

Pretty good fake actually. Did you just make this or is it old/from someone else?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Sakurai pulled a prank on us. The shorts caption was fake. The real pic of the day is right below:

Lol, i admit, thisw as well put together, but i doubt it's real. The font looks diff. plus it's not on MIiverse. If this is confirmed though, all the people who want Ridley playable would rage SO HAAAAAAAAARD. XD

floofymoofysheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
trixie08
3DS FC
3196-3867-7416
What Do you mean?! This is the best thing that has ever happen to my eyes!

Also would much rather have this peach instead

Also welcome to smashboards :)
That Peach is also really cute! I just hope that the girls get tons of costumes cause I'm super girly and love dressing up. Also thank you!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Something that isn't just an excuse to show some skin on a female character who is rarely ever sexualized is quite nice? Even the sexier Zero Suit while form fitting is practical and doesn't show her off.

Really what's the exact point or necessity of giving ZSS an alt at all if it's just going to be an excuse for horny cheeky fools to oggle her? Completely against the kind of stuff that gave Samus her great name in gaming.
It's not like Samus lost her badass attitude having this suit? Anyway the people on the boards may be acting like horn dogs but I'm sure it's all for laughs. I see really no reason to be upset over this costume, but if its over the same argument for her "high-heeled" rocket boots then I'm pretty much done here.

All in all this "Justin Bailey" two piece has some big history in the Metroid line and this is an appropriate alts for Zamus imo. The only other thing could've been her army-like attire from other M, but that's not nearly as recognizable as the "Justin Bailey"

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Now I want to see a hack where Samus uses this model with her arm cannon and green hair like the original Justin Bailey. That would be an odd sight to see in a game with models.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fake/Troll updates are strictly not allowed. Get back on topic everyone.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Someone posted it in the comments section of a Facebook post...
Definitely going to put this on the Ridley thread and see what happens. Not gonna say if its real or fake, i just wanna see if anyone falls for it.

EDIT: Buta nyway, better something as an alt. for ZSS then nothing. Too bad no Laura Bailey tho.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is one of those rare cases that there is something that is both kinds of Fanservice.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's not like Samus lost her badass attitude having this suit? Anyway the people on the boards may be acting like horn dogs but I'm sure it's all for laughs. I see really no reason to be upset over this costume, but if its over the same argument for her "high-heeled" rocket boots then I'm pretty much done here.

All in all this "Justin Bailey" two piece has some big history in the Metroid line and this is an appropriate alts for Zamus imo. The only other thing could've been her army-like attire from other M, but that's not nearly as recognizable as the "Justin Bailey"
"If a fan-service costume has history with the franchise, it is okay to objectify women!"

I jest, I jest, but that argument is horrible, good sir.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Plus I think people would have thrown an even bigger fit if they included something else from Other M from what I've seen.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not like Samus lost her badass attitude having this suit? Any the people on the boards may be acting like horn dogs but I'm sure it's all for laughs. I see really no reason to be upset over this costume, but if its over the same argument for her "high-heeled" rocket boots then I'm pretty much done here.

I have no problem with the rocket boots actually. High heels doesn't equal oversexualized to me and they were clearly added for her gameplay style and nothing more. This just is the type of stuff you don't expect Nintendo to do with her for the most part. Most of the sexualization of her comes from the media and fans, and this doesn't really help to stop that, but it's whatever.

It'd be only slightly less annoying if there was going to be gender equality where some of the guys have other similar alts (Not that that would be necessary either.), but that's definitely not going to be happening and we all know that.

Even Sakurai knew where this alt would go in most people's brains hence his need to stress it was designed by a female designer.

All in all this is just the kind of strange things that should be kept out of Smash in my opinion. ZSS didn't really need an alt. And no character really needs an alternate that puts them in a outfit that reveals as much of their skin as this one does.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
"If a fan-service costume has history with the franchise, it is okay to objectify women!"

( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I tried.

Plus I think people would have thrown an even bigger fit if they included something else from Other M from what I've seen.
lol fo'real though. I've seen nothing but complaints whenever that game is brought up.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
"Stop treating me like I'm a sex object. Mother Brain's a woman but she gets respect."

Actually, since we have this picture and the whole 'Samus is over sexualized" thing I can just imagine how things will go if/when Krystal is confirmed. Whether she's in her Assault outfit

Or her more skin(fur?) showing Adventures outfit

The reaction would be...less than enjoyable. I mean I'm all for Krystal being in Smash but people will ***** if she gets in, for more than one reason.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
"Stop treating me like I'm a sex object. Mother Brain's a woman but she gets respect."

Actually, since we have this picture and the whole 'Samus is over sexualized" thing I can just imagine how things will go if/when Krystal is confirmed. Whether she's in her Assault outfit

Or her more skin(fur?) showing Adventures outfit

The reaction would be...less than enjoyable. I mean I'm all for Krystal being in Smash but people will ***** if she gets in, for more than one reason.
She'd probably get both if she makes it in

D

Deleted member

And yet....this outfit is pretty ****in' tame when you think about it. Just shorts and a sports bra; one that gives no cleavage, no underboob, very little sideboob (as compared to say...Medusa), etc.
It's just that Samus is that much of a Memetic Sex Goddess that anything that shows skin's going to be taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

It is.

However, there is somewhat of a point to said argument. It isn't as though the staff behind SSB4 are the perverts, it's the staff behind the actual Metroid series. Outrage at this game is rather moot.

Ignoth

Smash Cadet

I personally don't like it.

Yes, Samus does indeed have this outfit in her own games. What's important is that she would never go into combat wearing it. She's typically portrayed as a practical and deadly lady, hence this outfit's use is a bit out of place in the context of the metroid universe. Some characters are known for fighting in non-practical fanservicy costumes (take Bayonetta) not Samus though.

That being said, I have no issue with the idea if all the other characters also get a silly joke costume. Hopefully that's what's gonna happen :D

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'm not gonna comment much on this one.

Just gonna say how fricking unnecessary of a choice of alternate costume this is for Zero Suit Samus.
Well at least they didn't go with the Super Metroid outfit as the alt.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Are we having the Samus is oversexualized argument again? Please don't. Is Peach over sexualized? Rosalina? You can say Metroid is one of the most "mature" series Nintendo has. So what if she's more "sexy" than others. Men get sexualized too, not all do, but they do.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Love how a stage managed to sneak in there.

Uh, that costume is a neat reference to Metroid: Zero Mission. :dazwa:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Krystal was designed from head to toe for sex appeal which is frankly quite disturbing when you considering she's a humanoid animal, but that's a whole other subject.

Yes, Samus does indeed have this outfit in her own games. What's important is that she would never go into combat wearing it. She's typically portrayed as a practical and deadly lady, hence this outfit is a bit out of place in context the the metroid universe. Some characters do fight in non-practical fanservicy costumes (take Bayonetta) not Samus though.
This too though.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Neat. Personally, I've never been a fan of the Zero Suit design. The one in this game is a little better, but I'm still not fond of it. I've always liked her Super Metroid and Fusion outfits the best.

I'll be honest though, I think the 3DS versions look a lot better. I hope that female designer touches up the WiiU ones, because they look a little odd to me. Maybe they'll look better in game.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I found this. Thought it might be helpful what with the Samus and the feminism and the gym clothing.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel like I've been rewarded with my time of practicing some Zero Suit in Brawl. Additional costumes that look really good, yay!

Definitely will be using one of these.

Ohhhh yeah.
I suppose this costume is typically interpreted as a reward for playing the game, congratulations. You earned her!

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I hope the week continues on the strong roll it is currently on - Nightmare + historically relevant alt costume + a returning stage confirmation.

I also encourage everyone to take today's reveal calmly, and don't turn things into a heated debate about Samus being oversexualized. There will always be people who pervert things in such a manner... it happened in Brawl with Zero Suit Samus and Snake's butt. It was annoying. but just because perverts exist doesn't mean Sakurai has to completely ignore a character's (perceived) sexuality/or historically relevant fanservice - and a character from a series with a traditionally older target audience, nonetheless. Sakurai and the other developers didn't intend for this to be some ploy for attention or debate - yes, I'm sure this added sex appeal will encourage a few people to buy the game. but Samus is allowed to be sexy, and the Smash team is allowed to show one side of that in an optional alternate costume.

And at least the game isn't turning into Senran Kagura Burst.

Ascended

Smash Ace

Yes, Samus does indeed have this outfit in her own games. 1: What's important is that she would never go into combat wearing it. She's typically portrayed as a practical and deadly lady, hence 2: this outfit's use is a bit out of place in context the the metroid universe. Some characters are known for fighting in non-practical fanservicy costumes (take Bayonetta) not Samus though.

That being said, I have no issue with the idea if all the other characters 3: also get a silly joke costume. Hopefully that's what's gonna happen :D
1: You can play through the entire NES Metroid in boots and a leotard:

2: This isn't the Metroid universe, it's the Smash Bros universe, and I highly doubt the kind of fighting in Smash Bros is "deadly and practical."

3: Calling it a silly joke costume is trolling. This alt outfit has been in the series since the beginning and is just as iconic as the Power Suit and Zero Suit at this point.

D

Deleted member

I love that song. We should accept Samus' fashion style and not judge her for it, just as she says. She can still kick my *** anyways, no matter what she's wearing.

I gotta say, I do like these outfits.
At the very least it also tells us alt. costumes for vets are possible.
I'm not implying Dr. Mario or anything.
Not at aaaaaall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom