• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd doubt her spine would be broken.
She's very flexible (not innuendo).
This.

Feminists like to harp on how Sakurai is oversexualizing Samus by breaking her spine just like those female characters in comic books, especially Catwoman... but the thing is, Samus has to be very flexible if she can curl into a ball in her Morph Ball. It's logical, I believe.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I might be incorrect in this presumption... but I do not believe that they are focusing on her back. Just a guess... nothing logical supports my argument or anything like that.
Personally I find spinal injuries a turn off, regardless of the size of other body parts ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pfh, this really isn't what ZSS needed after all those sexist accusations. I think it's a bit lame, but I think ZSS is that in general because she really is just Smash's answer to fanservice, if she wasn't hot I'm sure she wouldn't have been included in Brawl. I guess I can't point fingers at anyone though as I personally recognized these two outfits immediately. I guess it's worth mentioning the blue one is from Fusion.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
if you look closely at the 3ds image you'll notice a grey nub at the top of the picture, this is with out a doubt Ridley's claw.

:troll:

D

Deleted member

These alts are blue and orange. Orange is made with red and yellow. Red and blue make purple. Ridley confirmed! :troll:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So regarding the 3DS image, I assume that stage won't be in the Wii U version since there's already a Metroid stage for it.
Well, it doesn't really matter, but it's nice to see another retro stage.

Whoops! Got an infraction... My bad.. -_-

Morbi

Scavenger
It's not, people just like making an issue out of something that should normally be a non-issue. But let's not get into that now.
It is an issue though, the notion is subjective. It might not be relevant to you; however, it is obviously troublesome to certain individuals.

But let's not get into that now.

(You see what I did there? I got into it, but then after I finished my thought, I decided to diffuse my own statement. I learned that from you... because you also did it).

Last edited:

Soul.

Cool, alternate costumes. Brinstar is back on the 3DS version? That's okay, too.

R0Y

Smash Master
Honestly, it is probably less sexual than fully skin tight body suit... I think... ?

Not really sure it was needed though... y'know?
I doubt the clothing looks floaty/any less tight though, but theoretically yes.

This one definitely has history though, even if you find the premise of her stripping out of her power suit as a reward as unaceptable.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I was going to make a silly comment about Samus showing more skin every Smash Bros but then I realized this is technically the first time we've gotten more than the neck and up.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm not gonna comment much on this one.

Just gonna say how fricking unnecessary of a choice of alternate costume this is for Zero Suit Samus.
What else could they have gone with? This is one of her most iconic costume without her Power Suit.

Can't please everyone.

D

Deleted member

It is an issue though, the notion is subjective. It might not be relevant to you; however, it is obviously troublesome to certain individuals.

But let's not get into that now.
(You see what I did there? I got into it, but then after I finished my thought, I decided to diffuse my own statement. I learned that from you... because you also did it).
I wasn't trying to diffuse my own statement, just that I wasn't in the mood for getting into an argument at this time of night when I'm going to go to sleep soon. I know it's mostly subjective, but honestly the heels REALLY shouldn't be an issue,.
But let's not get into that now

Last edited by a moderator:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Wow, that picture...Just, if the Miiverse posters had a field day about 2 close ups of WFT's chest, this...This is going to have some HILARIOUS Miiverse responses. XD I can't wait to see what's said.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
And with that, every possible Samus-related thing has been covered except for Cadet Samus.

Nowhere to go but BIG or "Remember me?" now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's funny how people were saying Samus was oversexualized... but then when Palutena was confirmed, people were like "Samus who?" and started paying attention to Palutena... so Samus had to show more skin to get attention again.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What else could they have gone with? This is one of her most iconic costume without her Power Suit.

Can't please everyone.
Something that isn't just an excuse to show some skin on a female character who is rarely ever sexualized is quite nice? Even the sexier Zero Suit while form fitting is practical and doesn't show her off.

Really what's the exact point or necessity of giving ZSS an alt at all if it's just going to be an excuse for horny cheeky fools to oggle her? Completely against the kind of stuff that gave Samus her great name in gaming.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Wow, they're cramming in alternate costumes even this late? Major kudos, they're really keeping busy until the very end aren't they. This game really must be a labor of love.

And really the costumes look great, they're from a canon game so I don't think they're bad in the slightest. Still would love to see Justin Bailey outfit.

I was really hoping for Brinstar Depths, just to see Kraid, but this stage is okay. I hope we still get an original Metroid Stage or two, we need more Metroid love.

Also, as someone who has played every Metroid game, I still am completely confused as to what that brain thing in the background is supposed to be. I mean, it looks cool. But I don't get it.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sweet, Shulk confirmed to ensure gender equality.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
You know, this is the first time Sakurai has revealed something new in a PoTD, without any trolling or deconfirmations, that has made me feel like a rain of doom and feminism was upon the entire smash community.

Bravo, Sakurai. Even when you aren't trolling, you are trolling. Bravo.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I wonder if there's a single person that's complaining about this alt costume that has actually played a Metroid game.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Wow, they're cramming in alternate costumes even this late? Major kudos, they're really keeping busy until the very end aren't they. This game really must be a labor of love.

And really the costumes look great, they're from a canon game so I don't think they're bad in the slightest. Still would love to see Justin Bailey outfit.

I was really hoping for Brinstar Depths, just to see Kraid, but this stage is okay. I hope we still get an original Metroid Stage or two, we need more Metroid love.

Also, as someone who has played every Metroid game, I still am completely confused as to what that brain thing in the background is supposed to be. I mean, it looks cool. But I don't get it.
Yeah I think I would have liked Brinstar Depths as well. I mean that stage was a pain in the ass, but I kinda just want to see it again.

D

Deleted member

It's funny how people were saying Samus was oversexualized... but then when Palutena was confirmed, people were like "Samus who?" and started paying attention to Palutena... so Samus had to show more skin to get attention again.
Then Palutena has to take it even further.

Revolting Dinner Fanservice Mode.
Complete with convenient censoring by bubbles.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I love how everyone knew exactly what was about to happen after seeing that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom