• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Is there a reason people are so certain that tonight's potd will be special?
Other than it being roughly a month since the last reveal, nothing I can think of. I think peeps are just jumping to conclusions, or are getting themselves hyped. I usually prefer to not do that, because I hate disappointing myself. If Sakurai announces something, then I'll get hyped. :p

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Other than it being roughly a month since the last reveal, nothing I can think of. I think peeps are just jumping to conclusions, or are getting themselves hyped. I usually prefer to not do that, because I hate disappointing myself. If Sakurai announces something, then I'll get hyped. :p
I agree. But since it's almost a month away from the Japanese release of SSB 3DS, everyone's expecting Sakurai break out one or two more characters before the release. I remember him saying he's still lingering at the bottom of the pile of his newcomer trailers, so there's that too.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The reveal schedule has amped up a lot recently, but this week in particular has been slower paced than the preceeding ones. We're kinda long since the last characters, and time is running out until release. The last update in the week is usually pretty big. I think our chances of something good tonight are very high when all of that is put together.

D

Deleted member

Agreed x9000.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Agreed, but yet I can't help myself but becoming eager for a veteran reveal.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Another Friday, another high expectations for a PotD revealing a Veteran.
Why do you guys do this? I mean, I would love a character, but why ruin your hype in the end to find out that its filler.

I call Ganondorf.

Edit- Crap, Miis for Multiman? I will destroy my brethren in battle as an Army of One, without a weapon. So sad....

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm telling you people. Classic Mode for the 3DS is what we're getting. While I want something like, I don't know, LUCAS, I doubt we'll see him any time soon.

Besides, I feel a Direct is coming.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, I honestly didn't expect today's news. I really love the idea of being able to purchase trophies. It was a pain in the ass to get some of them in Brawl, so having an easy way out is nice for a guy like me who isn't that good at unlocking them but really likes having a very large gallery of Nintendo trophies.

And I honestly expected the 3DS version to have around 300-400 trophies, tops. Brawl had around 540 of them, if I'm not mistaken, so maybe we'll have about 600 trophies in the 3DS version only. Combine that with the Wii U version and we have a huge Nintendo encyclopedia in our hands.

So yeah, really nice update for me. I'm kinda pumped now, and part of me thinks we'll get a veteran tomorrow. The other part knows Sakurai really well and is telling the first one to forget about that, because it's not happening.

Guess I'll have to wait.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, I feel like it's a little too late for veterans not being revealed in a Smash Direct. If we weren't getting a Smash Direct we'd have to have a veteran reveal for 4 or 5 weeks straight ( :metaknight::popo::warioc::lucas:and I'll count :ness2: just cause he usually follows the same pattern as Captian Falcon but things could be different this time) and then the Friday before release would be a generic "Enjoy the game!" post.

I just think all of them (except maybe Ness) appearing in a Smash Direct is more likely.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I say no veterans until a direct that spills the beans on a newcomer and 1-3 returnees. I can hope for more, though.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bring forth the Dorf!...that doesn't quite rhyme...but whatever!
Tuesday's chance was it being right after Ganon was revealed playable for Hyrule Warriors.
Tonight's is the Friday after that reveal!
If tonight doesn't reveal Ganon then we shall see for next Thursday (Japanese release of Hyrule Warriors) and after that there's the chance of a Smash Direct, a trailer much like Robin and Lucina's or the release of Smash 3DS in Japan! That being said, the last 3 possibilities apply to every and any character, not just Ganon but he's a possibility damnit!

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Why are people betting on filler? I can't even remember the last time we had filler.
Luigi's nose was so Winter '13/14. As was Rosalina's private parts expelling the cosmos.

But seriously, this people. It's been ages since we've gotten filler. It's the final stretch, the last lap, and we are getting nothing but news until the internet gives out (or Japanese release).

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I don't know what to expect, we could get news on modes, an assist trophy, a new stage, or even a veteran...

Anything's possible at this point.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
^Exactly. Some pics are less informative than others, but lately they have all been informative.

The Xerneas/Victini pic is an example. It wasn't overly exciting, but it clarified a detail most viewers of the Invitational and other demo videos were confused about. Same with the Galaga item. Not super exciting, but it clarifies a minor detail. Lately, we've had Prince Sable, Target Blast, N's Castle, Paper Mario, Takamaru, the game menu...

Cats.

That was the last filler.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
^Exactly. Some pics are less informative than others, but lately they have all been informative.

The Xerneas/Victini pic is an example. It wasn't overly exciting, but it clarified a detail most viewers of the Invitational and other demo videos were confused about. Same with the Galaga item. Not super exciting, but it clarifies a minor detail. Lately, we've had Prince Sable, Target Blast, N's Castle, Paper Mario, Takamaru, the game menu...

Cats.

That was the last filler.
But still it's nice to know about cats?...

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
But still it's nice to know about cats?...
It's a nice touch I guess, but for me, Nintendogs is one of the only series represented in Smash that I haven't played and have no interest in. Plus we already knew about it from another screenshot. That was the last potd that didn't hype me on some level. but for Nintendogs + Cats fans, it's probably a great little reference.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
It's a nice touch I guess, but for me, Nintendogs is one of the only series represented in Smash that I haven't played and have no interest in. Plus we already knew about it from another screenshot. That was the last potd that didn't hype me on some level. but for Nintendogs + Cats fans, it's probably a great little reference.
I had one, it wasn't that great. It's still information though.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
At first I thought tonight's pic would be something related to a 3DS game mode (i.e. Classic Mode), but now that Famitsu has spilled the beans on that, maybe it will go in a different direction, new alt costume maybe. That or the fact that Famitsu just talked about it makes it a 100% lock for tomorrows pic. I'm not really sure which it is.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think we'll see Classic Mode (which will be dumb because of Famitsu today) or an alt costume. Really doubt a veteran reveal, but I think I'm staying up for it because why not?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
There is one thing that has already been shown that I would like to see "officially" revealed: Sneaky Spirit. As long as it isn't a throwaway caption, maybe whatever Sakurai has to say will shed some solid light on Rhythm Heaven representation.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
It may be optimistic, but I think we may get an announcement of a new trailer on Monday for Ghirahim / Ganondorf. MAYBE. PLEASE!!!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm expexting filler so that I don't whine like a baby if it is. And if it's not I'll be happy. It's a win-win situation.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
To be fair, a non-animated polygon model with a few textures really doesn't take up much in terms of space, but a song can take anywhere between 3-6 megs, maybe less for 3DS compression. I'm not sure. Regardless, they can probably fit in 20-40 (maybe more) trophies in the space it would take to have one song for a stage, and if they had an extra song for every stage in the game, that would eat up a ton of space they could be devoting to other aspects.

TL;DR version: yeah, trophies probably cut into the amount of songs available per stage, but I feel like it's a worthwhile trade. Heck, other fighting games usually only have one song per stage. Smash is special.
Yeah, I guess so... I should probably think out some of these things more before complaining about them. :psycho:

Anyways, I'm expecting Ganon next week so I don't think we'll get a veteran tonight. I'm thinking we'll either see a new stage or an item.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Getting out the gif with nothing but hope in my mind and garlic in my heart.

Have my body, its ready for today

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If it's not Ganon I won't be disappointed...just no more KI:U stuff pleeeease. If we're gonna get something KI about from the first two? Ya know, the ones without irritating voices?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Do you think we'll get a miiverse caption announcing a character trailer tomorrow?
I doubt Sakurai would reveal a newcomer trailer on the weekend. If anything, we'd get an announcement tonight about something happening next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom