• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Can't complain about filler today. Though I am wondering when the avalanche is going to start. There has to be a point where we get a steady flow of good stuff to hype the 3DS launch. I know it's nearly 3 months away, but it seems odd that there is still so much we don't know, and yet we still get filler in it's most basic form
You really think that'll be the case? I'd say they wouldn't want to spoil stuff especially so close to its release.

Staarih

Smash Master
Nintencat so cute!

It's an OK pic - it's nice to see Peach again as many have already stated. If Peach and Pit were in some alt colors it would have been a tad better though haha.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I think it's only natural that as we get tons of characters confirmed, more will be neglected. Some characters have never even gotten an informative post about them; they're only daily pic fodder, such as Olimar, who is notorious for only being in filler and throwaway updates (eg. the height comparison with Kirby before Luigi was revealed, posing with the Wii Fit Trainer the day Sonic was shown) despite being the first character revealed post-E3 2013. We didn't get any information about him at all until the Super Smash Bros. Direct in April this year. The absolute closest thing before that was seeing him in the 3DS version for the first time, where he was standing idle. I kinda feel bad for the guy...

Last edited:
You really think that'll be the case? I'd say they wouldn't want to spoil stuff especially so close to its release.
Well I guess I should clarify what I mean by "good stuff". Stuff like character movesets and information on stages we already know about. We have several stages now we know absolutely nothing about, we just know they're there. Odds are the Tomodachi stage is going to have a gimmick that can pack a entire week with new information, yet we haven't heard a word about it.

By all means keep some stuff secret though, even stuff that's there the minute we turn on the game. That's not what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Can't complain about filler today. Though I am wondering when the avalanche is going to start. There has to be a point where we get a steady flow of good stuff to hype the 3DS launch. I know it's nearly 3 months away, but it seems odd that there is still so much we don't know, and yet we still get filler in it's most basic form
For us, yes.... For Japan, as soon as we hit August, it'll be but one month for them. Basically, September 13th is the day we know all.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
On a serious note, here are the last times we've seen a particular character in the PotD:

Mario: July 10 (Golf/America clothes)
Link: June 24 (Skyward tunic)
Samus: July 10 (Light Suit/Stormtrooper armor)
Kirby: July 7 (Ducking the Mii Gunner)
Fox: March 27 (Andross approaches!)
Pit: July 17 (Playin' with the kitty) TODAY
Donkey Kong: June 20 (Punching hurricanes)
Pikachu: June 18 (Trophy Rush!)
Bowser: May 21 (Seeing double in an extra pic)
Villager: July 9 (Female given Dark Emperor's grace)
Mega Man: July 3rd (Volnutt and .EXE); ACTUAL MEGA MAN: June 13 (Gaming icons)
Wii Fit Trainer: July 15 (posing with the two Marths in an extra pic)
Olimar: June 30 (Hunting a Glint Beetle in an extra pic)
Luigi: June 26 (Nabbed by Nabbit); ON-SCREEN: June 20 (In the eye of the storm)
Peach: Today (Playin' with the kitty) TODAY
Toon Link: April 30 (TANOOKI *coughraccoon* MADNESS!)
Sonic: June 13 (Among the best of the best)
Marth: July 15 (posing with great x a billion granddaughter)
Rosalina: July 2 (Reverse Fire Rosalina vs. Mii Gunner)
Zelda: May 5 (Bringing down the lights)
King Dedede: May 26 (Back to life)
Lucario: February 11 (Illusions like a Zoroark)
Little Mac: July 1 (Hoodie Mac and World Circuit Mac)
Diddy Kong: July 8 (Palutena's plaything)
Zero Suit Samus: May 15 (Playing Pong)
Sheik: June 20 (Blown away)
Yoshi: July 4 (Chillin' at Pac-Man's)
Charizard: May 13 (Making a Flare Blitz)
Greninja: May 21 (Seeing double)
Ike: June 6 (Staring into Marth's eyes)
Mii Fighter: July 9 (Brawler posing with the Mii Force hat)
Palutena: July 8 (Blinding a monkey)
Pac-Man: July 11 (Namco Roulette)
Lucina: July 15 (Exposition)
Captain Falcon: July 16 (Burned in an extra pic)
Robin: July 16 (Male AND Female showing their moves)
D'aww, I was going to post something like that along with other informations in a PotD result data tomorrow night.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
On a serious note, here are the last times we've seen a particular character in the PotD:

Mario: July 10 (Golf/America clothes)
Link: June 24 (Skyward tunic)
Samus: July 10 (Light Suit/Stormtrooper armor)
Kirby: July 7 (Ducking the Mii Gunner)
Fox: March 27 (Andross approaches!)
Pit: July 17 (Playin' with the kitty) TODAY
Donkey Kong: June 20 (Punching hurricanes)
Pikachu: June 18 (Trophy Rush!)
Bowser: May 21 (Seeing double in an extra pic)
Villager: July 9 (Female given Dark Emperor's grace)
Mega Man: July 3rd (Volnutt and .EXE); ACTUAL MEGA MAN: June 13 (Gaming icons)
Wii Fit Trainer: July 15 (posing with the two Marths in an extra pic)
Olimar: June 30 (Hunting a Glint Beetle in an extra pic)
Luigi: June 26 (Nabbed by Nabbit); ON-SCREEN: June 20 (In the eye of the storm)
Peach: Today (Playin' with the kitty) TODAY
Toon Link: April 30 (TANOOKI *coughraccoon* MADNESS!)
Sonic: June 13 (Among the best of the best)
Marth: July 15 (posing with great x a billion granddaughter)
Rosalina: July 2 (Reverse Fire Rosalina vs. Mii Gunner)
Zelda: May 5 (Bringing down the lights)
King Dedede: May 26 (Back to life)
Lucario: February 11 (Illusions like a Zoroark)
Little Mac: July 1 (Hoodie Mac and World Circuit Mac)
Diddy Kong: July 8 (Palutena's plaything)
Zero Suit Samus: May 15 (Playing Pong)
Sheik: June 20 (Blown away)
Yoshi: July 4 (Chillin' at Pac-Man's)
Charizard: May 13 (Making a Flare Blitz)
Greninja: May 21 (Seeing double)
Ike: June 6 (Staring into Marth's eyes)
Mii Fighter: July 9 (Brawler posing with the Mii Force hat)
Palutena: July 8 (Blinding a monkey)
Pac-Man: July 11 (Namco Roulette)
Lucina: July 15 (Exposition)
Captain Falcon: July 16 (Burned in an extra pic)
Robin: July 16 (Male AND Female showing their moves)
What's wrong with Sakurai hating lucario?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This pic kinda bummed me out. We have so many characters I thought we wouldn't get filler for awhile.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This pic kinda bummed me out. We have so many characters I thought we wouldn't get filler for awhile.
I pretty much expect filler as soon as possible, 'cos there's inevitable droughts after every reveal. Till eventually, the ball starts rolling again with new tidbits littered before the next reveal.

It's kinda scary though that there's only 2 - 2 and a half months til the 3DS release comes out. It's been over a year already, its mad. ;_;

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I pretty much expect filler as soon as possible, 'cos there's inevitable droughts after every reveal. Till eventually, the ball starts rolling again with new tidbits littered before the next reveal.

It's kinda scary though that there's only 2 - 2 and a half months til the 3DS release comes out. It's been over a year already, its mad. ;_;
Before we know it the Wii U version will be out.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Says you.
Are you saying you still play every game you ever played?

It's not like I wouldn't come back to playing Smash. I don't think there's a huge sum of people that could enjoy Smash for a HUGE period of time, just like any other game. (Besides tournament players. They're pretty much required to play routinely til they finish their tourney.)

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai does a nice job with all the little design elements like this. Of course, I think there are other stages people are more interested in learning about at the moment!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Pit, Peach and the cat are looking fabulous today. :p

Even filler at this point hypes me for the game. :)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
:3

I love all these updates, but still the one thing I want to know more about (things only announced) is the custom movesets.

Yeah Mario's fireballs change strength and speed, etc.

But he also doesn't shoot iceballs. (lol that sounds fu-) . So...

For instance what about Toon Link as an example? Does this mean his boomerang will only vary in directions and speed/power? I was hoping custom movesets would allow further exploration of that character's history, such as switch out a side-special boomerang for a deku leaf. Maybe it's just Mario not getting any iceballs that we know of. I want to see more.

Masahiro Mah-Hero needs to whet my appetite in a PotD soon.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
:3

I love all these updates, but still the one thing I want to know more about (things only announced) is the custom movesets.

Yeah Mario's fireballs change strength and speed, etc.

But he also doesn't shoot iceballs. (lol that sounds fu-) . So...

For instance what about Toon Link as an example? Does this mean his boomerang will only vary in directions and speed/power? I was hoping custom movesets would allow further exploration of that character's history, such as switch out a side-special boomerang for a deku leaf. Maybe it's just Mario not getting any iceballs that we know of. I want to see more.

Masahiro Mah-Hero needs to whet my appetite in a PotD soon.
From what we know so far, most characters besides the Mii Fighters and Palutena will be getting spin off variations in terms of their special moves. I guess the Ice Balls would have been more preferrable as it does feel like it's still at the realm of being a spin off variation of the Fire Balls. Though perhaps Luigi might get that instead? As for Toon Link, I'd hope they will at least give him access to the Fire and Ice Boomerang as his spin off variation for his side special. It's still kinda canon to what he could do in Spirit Tracks (and I think Phantom Hourglass too if I recall correctly).

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Best update of the week, no contest.
We need more cats in this game, though, ASAP. I request Sakurai's cat to be on this stage, immediately.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Why is it whenever it's filler it's always on the Nintendogs + Cats stage? It's like every once in a while Sakurai is like "hey, remember those super cute animals we have in the game? Here they are again! Wookit dere wittle faces!"

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I guess you weren't.....swift enough.
:shades: YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Gee Golden, I see you're a.....shining example of a comedian.

YEE- No wait that was a terrible pun.

I guess you deserve a.....gold star for your wonderful comedy.

Golden has an unpunnable username confirmed. :c

D

Deleted member

Why is it whenever it's filler it's always on the Nintendogs + Cats stage? It's like every once in a while Sakurai is like "hey, remember those super cute animals we have in the game? Here they are again! Wookit dere wittle faces!"
Because getting adorable filler is better than regular filler obviously.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're 11 for 13 for the month with 3 characters revealed on a Monday of all days so people really shouldn't be that disappointed with today's cute cat pic. Besides, we're 23 for 28 for new stuff on Fridays this year and the only month where we consistently had filler/throwaways back to back was March so this week will probably wrap up nicely too.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
From what we know so far, most characters besides the Mii Fighters and Palutena will be getting spin off variations in terms of their special moves. I guess the Ice Balls would have been more preferrable as it does feel like it's still at the realm of being a spin off variation of the Fire Balls. Though perhaps Luigi might get that instead? As for Toon Link, I'd hope they will at least give him access to the Fire and Ice Boomerang as his spin off variation for his side special. It's still kinda canon to what he could do in Spirit Tracks (and I think Phantom Hourglass too if I recall correctly).
Nice. Toon Link Side-Special where you throw the boomerang and hold down Special while you trace where it goes? So good. I know this is kinda off-topic. Anyways, probably wishful thinking :(

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Surprising how well the filler was taken, guess the recent newcomers/veteran are the reason. Filler isn't exactly nice but filler with Palutena is worse so I'll appreciate it.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Since today's a filler, I'd like to bring up one thing in the Trailer on Monday.

I don't know if it's a bug that's going to be fixed or if it's going to be in the game, but there seems to be a hit confirmation system SSB4.
if you notice at 139ish in the video Robin moves back every time he lands a hit.
Just thought i point it out.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Given it a week or two, we'll have people complaining about the filler pictures like normal soon enough.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I want to learn more about Robin for sure. And some other differences about Lucina, perhaps?

As for other characters, I'd like to learn about Lightweight and Auto Reticle for Palutena, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm actually expecting either a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage or a Donkey Kong stage.
Or maybe a closer look at the Tomodachi Life stage with the Miis.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I already know his special moveset, I want to learn more about his playstyle, more about the tomes, Elwind, and the Levin Sword. And more specifically, more of his standard moves.
He explains that in the interview as well. Basically Robin requires a bit of utility management.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think we get the falcon. We must all be nourished by the glorious body of Captain Falcon!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm hoping for an F-Zero stage. Probably will not happen for a while, so I'll add it to the list of other things I probably won't get any time soon:
  • Tomodachi stage explanation
  • Kalos league explanation
  • Confirmation of Lucas
  • Confirmation of Shulk
  • Miis taken out of the game
  • F-Zero stage

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Today's pic was actually foreshadowing something. When I got home from camping I found out my parents had got a cat while I was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom