• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Okay, so "small difference in abilities". Gotcha, she is a clone. I still find it kind of weak, since Sakurai stated he hated Clone characters, but oh well.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Now I really don't know what to think concerning Dark Pit.

So glad she's a real newcomer though, even if she is a clone. That wording at the end of the second caption makes me believe we'll see more clones though.

D

Deleted member

So... Marth Alt. without Tippers then?

That's what it still seems like.

Still happy.

Yes I am aware she has her own slot, but as the caption says, she would be an Alt. if not for the slight difference in move characteristics and height.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There. She's her own character.

Now the bickering can end and the whining can commence.

Well, not from me, I knew she was one from the get-go and I'm glad for it. <3

gamer8

Smash Lord
Okay.....so he says that since she is a different complete character, she gets her own slot. But what does that mean? Is she an alt of Marth that just gets her own slot? This doesn't help much.
She's a clone with a few differences and a completely different character from Marth.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now I really don't know what to think concerning Dark Pit.

So glad she's a real newcomer though, even if she is a clone. That wording at the end of the second caption makes me believe we'll see more clones though.
Lucina may be a clone

But she did get a reveal thing in the movie

Dark Pit did not

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So now we're confirmed for clones that are even less unique than before. Make up you mind Sakurai.

I bet this is a big slap in the face to Roy fans.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yes! Shes her own character, with a smaller height, and the power of her sword is everywhere, unlike Marths, where its just the tip.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
On the plus side, this helped avoid what could have been a very obnoxious (and pointless) debate from going on even longer.

Best update we could have gotten after the reveal in my view.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why didn't they just make her an alternate like wii fit trainer and etc?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So... Marth Alt. without Tippers then?

That's what it still seems like.

Still happy.

Yes I am aware she has her own slot, but as the caption says, she would be an Alt. if not for the slight difference in move characteristics and height.
Woulds and Ifs don't matter. She is her own character and not an alt since she and Marth aren't the same person like the Fit Trainers are.

End of story.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I love that Sakurai just shut down the trolls. It was pretty clear she'd have her own slot lol. If she was announced as Masked Marth with the same VA then she would have likely been an alt.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Awwwweeesome, so she's a bit shorter and her sword effects opponents a bit differently. Great! So she's a slightly changed alt aka a clone character with her own roster slot and...I hope I'm not alone here but I love clone characters. You can make em real fast and kaboom there ya go, a whole new character to the smash family! She'll have her own win poses and trophy and everything so...fantastic! Hope Lucina fans are happy too? I imagine some could be annoyed that she isn't more unique? But um. I dunno, this kinda makes me think Lucas has a better shot? And I was never worried about Falco or Wolf but now maybe others will be put at ease.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't know why people dislike last-minute clones. As long as it give us more characters, I'm fine with it.
I'm mad because Sakurai didn't even Luigify them by giving them a single unique special move. He could have given Toon Link a side-B deku leaf that blew back enemies, nope. He could have made Lucina's side-b do something else.

I just find it unimaginative.

She is by far my least favorite newcomer. If she was more unique, I'd be okay. However I was hoping we would not see any more clones.

I least I can hug my Robin with the shiny uniqueness he has.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Woulds and Ifs don't matter. She is her own character and not an alt since she and Marth aren't the same person like the Fit Trainers are.

End of story.
I don't think the wii fit trainers are actually the same person

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how he pretty much says "She's her on character slot" and people are still inferring she's an alternate skin. Good lawd.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That was impresively clear insofar as explanations go. I do wonder what other properties on her will vary though; it's not terribly hard to imagine that she ends up as a Melee-esque clone.

Also, I really hope you guys are ready for a similar Dark Pit... and possibly a few more like this. In Melee's development Sakurai claimed that he was able to implement six clones with the development effort of adding one original character. Given the stated goal of having as many characters in the game as possible, it's easy to imagine this was an avenue he chose to pursue again.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't see why people would think she wasn't her own character, but it's good to have Sakurai confirm it.

I don't actually mind clones. If it gives me more characters to play as, why would I complain? Plus, it's good to have a variation in speed and power for the same movesets.

Roy 2.0

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
And you know what is just fantastic? Dark Pit is now practically confirmed now. Great....another confirmed clone character.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
1. THANK YOU SAKURAI. Finally this can end.

2. That's what I thought too!

3. I'm in love with the details in this game.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
So, from a technical standppoint, Lucina is the step players should take before Marth?

Her attack strength is evenly distributed throughout her blade, whereas all of Marth's power is in the tip. Therefore, Lucina is the easier character to control. One moves on from the easy-to-handle Lucina to the more complex precision-spacing character that is the Hero-King.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That was impresively clear insofar as explanations go. I do wonder what other properties on her will vary though; it's not terribly hard to imagine that she ends up as a Melee-esque clone.

Also, I really hope you guys are ready for a similar Dark Pit... and possibly a few more like this. In Melee's development Sakurai claimed that he was able to implement six clones with the development effort of adding one original character. Given the stated goal of having as many characters in the game as possible, it's easy to imagine this was an avenue he chose to pursue again.
Oh, I am SO looking forward to Dark Pit now. <3

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
The could at least changed the moves you do on the side b, at least a different flow of animation.

But eh, it's fine.

Marth's neutral B is still the shield breaker right?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No, not really. Even though I love Roy, I love Lucina more. :grin:
She just seems like a lazy Roy, bit of a cop out I think. Though I never liked clones in general, at least Roy had the benefit of looking different. I'm not really bothered, but this is even weirder than the Links. We've got a literal Marth with breasts here.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I wasn't that impressive with Lucina in the first place anyways.

Thankfully Robin has been one of the best newcomers so far.

Staarih

Smash Master
And you know what is just fantastic? Dark Pit is now practically confirmed now. Great....another confirmed clone character.
Haha, I guess so... but what could they do with Dark Pit? Doesn't he have almost the exact same attributes as Pit?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Okay.....so he says that since she is a different complete character, she gets her own slot. But what does that mean? Is she an alt of Marth that just gets her own slot? This doesn't help much.
It means she's a clone. An alt wouldn't get different base stats to it's original form. (and it also wouldn't get it's own roster slot)

This helps plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom