• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
"but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!"

goddamn it sakurai, if X becomes playable. so help me god... this room will be filled with a mysterious white... coating...
Nintendo is too good for Capcom, seriously...

"...How can we not use it for trophy creation?!"

still good imo. /:

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So every single one of my predictions get's killed after I predict them. I predict we will NOT see a veteran this week.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pic of the day. Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man Volnutt!! They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!
...How can we not use it for trophy creation?! Today's update is a rare mix of Wii U and 3DS images in the same post.
That's the whole caption. Stop speculating so hard, weenies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Not filler!
Did you know that X would be a trophy in the 3DS version? No?
Then we found out something new! Not filler! :awesome:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I still can't get over how all of these different forms of Megaman are included in his final smash. It is my favorite by far. That X trophy is awesome, can't wait to see the others!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Okay so they get trophies. Surprise?
I'm gettin really annoyed with these "Pic of the day! Remember when I showed ya this the first time? There's so much in this jam-packed game!"
Already with the balloon fight stage, now this, I'm not entitled to anything and I aint taking it for granted, this final smash is awesome and the trophies'll be great, but please, show new things, we know you have so much to show and at this point I'm sure I'm ganna get the game and see some costume or something Sakurai never talked about and go "Well gee, that woulda been a fun update".
Oi. Okay, rant done. Veteran tomorrow maybe. We got Ike or someone with this same pattern, right? A week of 2 fillers and 2 alright updates?

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I love X. He's always been my favorite Mega Man. It sucks that all the other versions of Mega Man (and Zero) have appeared as a playable character in a fighting game but not X.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do you think Sakurai sits around his office twiddling his thumbs...

Sakurai: Gee, there sure is a ton of new information left to reveal...
Sakurai: But I have to hold back something for the actual release...
Sakurai: I know, I'll just post another picture of Mega Man's final smash. They enjoy Mega Man. That'll make em happy.
Fanbase: GOD DAMN IT SAKURAI.
Sakurai:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Sigh, and still no Palutena after like two weeks... *sulks*
To be fair, we got more information out of her trailer than any other newcomer did with their respective trailer, at least in terms of sheer number of moves.
No need to skulk. Not like it's a sign that she's been cut. :p

Oh no, did I just jinx it? :troll:

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Well ima take my nap early since there is nothing to discuss, yet again.

Who's with me? **Booting sleep.exe** (computer boot up noises from the 2000 era)

...ok I'll go now.

This post really opens my eyes to how little I know about Mega Man. I played the NES games a lot; once tried X, didn't care for it.

So are these Mega Men all separate beings that coexist? Are they revisions to the original Mega Man? Do they occupy separate timelines? Help a clueless fellow out, here.

The playable design is my favorite, btw.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This post really opens my eyes to how little I know about Mega Man. I played the NES games a lot; once tried X, didn't care for it.

So are these Mega Men all separate beings that coexist? Are they revisions to the original Mega Man? Do they occupy separate timelines? Help a clueless fellow out, here.

Separate Entities. So different timelines or universe in a way. Yeah.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Cause this is FILLER
Filler night
Cause nobody will save you when Sakurai begins to strike
If this wasn't funny the first time, it's not going to be funny now. I don't mean you specifically, but posting just to point you recognize what filler is (or isn't) isn't really adding anything to the thread. Adding a joke doesn't mitigate that.

Additionally, can we please stop making such a huge deal over who posts the pic first? I get that we want the pic as soon as possible, and that the person who posts it (usually Swift Fox) gets heralded as a hero or whatever, but there's no need to make such a big deal when someone else beats him to it (nor should there be so many people TRYING to beat him to it). This thread has countless users (and countless more guests/lurkers) watching it for actual substance, not thread drama/spam. At this rate the thread will be closed before the game even comes out, much less before we get an actually substantial PotD.

Carry on, then.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
He posted it a veeeery short period of time around when I edited my post, so either I missed him barely or I beat him barely.
Either way, blah.

EDIT: Wow, I actually beat him very slightly. Neat.
Not really. I literally scrolled up after I posted the pic and noticed there weren't any pic like what I've posted and several seconds later I noticed you edited your post.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
If this wasn't funny the first time, it's not going to be funny now. I don't mean you specifically, but posting just to point you recognize what filler is (or isn't) isn't really adding anything to the thread. Adding a joke doesn't mitigate that.

Additionally, can we please stop making such a huge deal over who posts the pic first? I get that we want the pic as soon as possible, and that the person who posts it (usually Swift Fox) gets heralded as a hero or whatever, but there's no need to make such a big deal when someone else beats him to it (nor should there be so many people TRYING to beat him to it). This thread has countless users (and countless more guests/lurkers) watching it for actual substance, not thread drama/spam. At this rate the thread will be closed before the game even comes out, much less before we get an actually substantial PotD.

Carry on, then.
Well said, IsmaR.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well said, IsmaR.
This post was very insightful.

Not really. I literally scrolled up after I posted the pic and noticed there weren't any pic like what I've posted and several seconds later I noticed you edited your post.

Screen-caps for proof? This got serious, fast.

I am the same way, I have no idea what is going on. I am not even sure what was revealed to be honest. I just know that Mega Man X has a trophy.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
This post was very insightful.

Screen-caps for proof? This got serious, fast.

I am the same way, I have no idea what is going on. I am not even sure what was revealed to be honest. I just know that Mega Man X has a trophy.
Classic Megaman and X occupy the same universe. Starforce and .EXE occupy an alternate universe. Volnutt is unknown I believe.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I don't care if this is "filler" or not. The detail on these Mega Man models is fantastic and I'm loving this picture update.

I'm always excited to see Mega Man related stuff in general.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Not the most interesting pic or caption and I don't really care for Megaman but it could have been worse. Much worse...

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I like that X trophy. Almost makes me wish that classic Mega Man (in Smash) was made to be a little more proportional to him in size. Not gonna get down about it since I still like short classic Mega.

On a somewhat related note, have we seen Mega Man's FS on 3DS yet? (I know it's basically the same, I just want to see the slight aesthetic changes since it's a cinematic FS.)

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
so for all of us who didn't worship Megaman as kids.... this is kind of a waste of time.
I realize third party characters are supposed to be all rare and mighty and such but.. there's just so much that I wanna know about our ACTUAL Nintendo characters that i can't seem to care at all for them at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom