• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's hard to say though. There hasn't really been that consistent of a pattern for the banners but, so far, the record for days between character reveals has been 46. We're currently at 29 so, in order the break the record, Sakurai would have to stall until Monday July 21st, which would still be within the month so it's still very likely we'll see someone within the next two weeks.
Let's hope he doesn't try and break the record.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Have character reveals ever been made on any other week day than friday? not including E3 or other huge events?
Monday- none
Tuesday- Sonic, Yoshi, ZSS, Sheik, Charizard, Greninja
Wednesday- Luigi, Rosalina
Thursday-Peach, Toon Link, Marth, Zelda, Little Mac
Friday- Olimar, King Dedede, Lucario, Diddy, Ike

Also, the longest gaps to date if anyone cares:

Diddy to Smash Direct- 46 days
Direct to Ike- 44 days
Marth to Rosalina- 40 days
Sonic to Marth- 37 days
Luigi to Peach- 35 days

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have character reveals ever been made on any other week day than friday? not including E3 or other huge events?
Not including E3 or Nintendo Directs, there have been a few on Thursday, but most of the recent ones (Diddy, Lucario, Ike, etc.) have been on Friday.

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
Not sure whether anyone said this before but what if the alt of Ness is Lucas, or alt of Fox as Falco/Wolf.
With the customisable movesets this wouldn't be too crazy (especially Ness -> Lucas).
Then in that case if this is a week of alt PotDs, then Falco may not be that unexpected ;)

Of course then there's the fact that customisable movesets can't be used online...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not sure whether anyone said this before but what if the alt of Ness is Lucas, or alt of Fox as Falco/Wolf.
With the customisable movesets this wouldn't be too crazy (especially Ness -> Lucas).
Then in that case if this is a week of alt PotDs, then Falco may not be that unexpected ;)

Of course then there's the fact that customisable movesets can't be used online...
I think Sakurai confirmed last August that he didn't like the idea of ALTs turning characters into entirely different ones because it takes away the uniqueness of the original character. Recolors will probably still exist though but not something as dramatic as Ness to Lucas or Fox to Falco.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
The revolver arm cannon is still the best.

It wonder if you can mix and match the hats and clothes, because apparently ya need to unlock each outfit / hat
I just realized those to Mii Gunners look a lot like those people with the guns in Fairy Tail.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I thought the banner theory was disproven? I mean, I think a character this week or next is pretty likely, but I don't think the banner means anything.

If we get a veteran this week, I feel it'd be Ice Climbers. I don't know.

I thought the banner theory was disproven? I mean, I think a character this week or next is pretty likely, but I don't think the banner means anything.

If we get a veteran this week, I feel it'd be Ice Climbers. I don't know.
It's not a grantee, but when the banner goes down we usually get a character that week or the week after that.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
By the end of July, I am almost 100% confident that we will have another character reveal, whether that is this Friday or later in the month, who knows. I'm guessing Wario. For tonight? More costumes, it seems to be a theme this week, and I am quite enjoying it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
We have about two months and 13 days left until the game is out in Japan and the starting roster is revealed. And we've got 3 or 4 veterans left to reveal:popo::warioc::metaknight::lucas: (I'm not so sure about Lucas, but I also thought Ike was gone so...)
I'm thinking one veteran at the beginning of July (Wario for July 4th?), one at the beginning of August, and one at the beginning of September or end of August. I hear a mother anniversary is sometime soon, so if Lucas were to show up, that's his time.

Time's running out. Veterans need to be revealed sooner or later.

Though I also hear there could be a direct in August showing off another newcomer... though we're at 9 newcomers which is an odd number, it would just be so close to release that ya might as well make em unlockable. I'm actually not going to count Miis and say we're at 8 newcomers which is dandy!
But we still might get a direct where they show off remaining veterans, a Wii U exclusive mode, customizable moves, other various modes, colors and costumes, as well as a launch trailer for the 3DS version.

Plenty of things could happen I guess. But I'm ganna go ahead and get my hopes high cause I feel like we're getting a veteran at the end of this week or the next.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
By the end of July, I am almost 100% confident that we will have another character reveal, whether that is this Friday or later in the month, who knows. I'm guessing Wario. For tonight? More costumes, it seems to be a theme this week, and I am quite enjoying it.
Last month we had quite a few character reveals though, so maybe we'll get more than one this time too? I could only hope as much.

We have about two months and 13 days left until the game is out in Japan and the starting roster is revealed. And we've got 3 or 4 veterans left to reveal:popo::warioc::metaknight::lucas: (I'm not so sure about Lucas, but I also thought Ike was gone so...)
I'm thinking one veteran at the beginning of July (Wario for July 4th?), one at the beginning of August, and one at the beginning of September or end of August. I hear a mother anniversary is sometime soon, so if Lucas were to show up, that's his time.

Time's running out. Veterans need to be revealed sooner or later.

Though I also hear there could be a direct in August showing off another newcomer... though we're at 9 newcomers which is an odd number, it would just be so close to release that ya might as well make em unlockable. I'm actually not going to count Miis and say we're at 8 newcomers which is dandy!
But we still might get a direct where they show off remaining veterans, a Wii U exclusive mode, customizable moves, other various modes, colors and costumes, as well as a launch trailer for the 3DS version.

Plenty of things could happen I guess. But I'm ganna go ahead and get my hopes high cause I feel like we're getting a veteran at the end of this week or the next.
Why you no include other veteran: :falco:? I honestly think Falco would have a better chance at making it to Smash than Lucas. imho

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Amazing Ampharos said that his friend selected Random and got Ganondorf. He was very buggy though. (I know, it doesn't sound believable.)
That sounds very stupid...

Wait a sec, have teams been confirmed for Worldwide yet, or am I imagining things?
If you mean Team Matches then yeah. we no longer have to be matched up by same color I believe

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Pit must be feeling lonely all by himself at the bottom of the official webpage.
So we are expecting a reveal of a veteran this month and a newcomer in august?

I still believe we will not see all characters (even newcomers) revealed until the release date. Sakurai said himself that they wouldn't have enough time to show them all.

But as stated before, the inicial roster must be revealed soon, and I´m guessing it will be different from the inicial roster of the Wii U version. Like Toon Link being a starter and Link a unlockable in 3DS and vice-versa.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Pit must be feeling lonely all by himself at the bottom of the official webpage.
So we are expecting a reveal of a veteran this month and a newcomer in august?

I still believe we will not see all characters (even newcomers) revealed until the release date. Sakurai said himself that they wouldn't have enough time to show them all.

But as stated before, the inicial roster must be revealed soon, and I´m guessing it will be different from the inicial roster of the Wii U version. Like Toon Link being a starter and Link a unlockable in 3DS and vice-versa.
And you know what? I wouldn't want all of them revealed, I mean a part of me does, but there's something special about being surprised when you see the "Challenger Approaching" screen with the shadow of a character you may or may not love.

Last edited:

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Why you no include other veteran: :falco:? I honestly think Falco would have a better chance at making it to Smash than Lucas. imho
The characters he referred to were all starters in Brawl, Falco has always been an unlockable. There's really no doubt he'll be in though.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Last month we had quite a few character reveals though, so maybe we'll get more than one this time too? I could only hope as much.

I also think Falco has a better chance than Lucas but Lucas has always been on the starting roster (1 appearance but yeah) while Falco has always been unlockable. I'm sure Falco's in, but he won't be revealed on the site cause he's probably a secret character again. Plenty of other veterans will make it in that I didn't mention just cause they're probably unlockable.
Edit: Ah, yeah basically what @ Kumatora Kumatora said. Except I'm a she, but whatever :4luigi:

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
The characters he referred to were all starters in Brawl, Falco has always been an unlockable. There's really no doubt he'll be in though.
I also think Falco has a better chance than Lucas but Lucas has always been on the starting roster (1 appearance but yeah) while Falco has always been unlockable. I'm sure Falco's in, but he won't be revealed on the site cause he's a secret character. Plenty of other veterans will make it in that I didn't mention just cause they're unlockable.
Oh, I didn't register that at all lol. Good point. I'll try to pay more attention next time.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
We'll see Falco after beating up 100 Sakurai/Iwata/Reggies on Battlefield. No worries :troll:

Anyways, what are the predictions for the upcoming PotD looking like?

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Ah, yeah basically what @ Kumatora Kumatora said. Except I'm a she, but whatever :4luigi:
Apologies! I have a habit of giving people the gender based off their avatar.

Now to keep this on topic... if we keep getting pictures of alternate colors and costumes this week, I'd be totally fine with that. I'm really curious to see how far they're taking them this time. Brawl seemed to be a huge step over Melee when it came to color alts.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Apologies! I have a habit of giving people the gender based off their avatar.

Now to keep this on topic... if we keep getting pictures of alternate colors and costumes this week, I'd be totally fine with that. I'm really curious to see how far they're taking them this time. Brawl seemed to be a huge step over Melee when it came to color alts.
Aw, that's alright, it's a pretty safe bet to do that anyway. Sorry for the Luigi death stare I tried to give ya haha

But yeah, alts are great, I'd love to see more. Sakurai claims there are many more and I don't wanna get my hopes too high but that's great to hear. I kinda wanna see more Villagers but I think we've gotten our share of alts this week. We may close the week with a stage and a veteran or maybe a closer look at the Tomodachi Life or Elite 4 stage aaand...yeah, amiibo news? I dunno, from what I remember they didnt really tease any hidden amiibo details, I think they explained them pretty clearly...
...oh, maybe a trophy. Feels like we haven't gotten one in a while. Might even be assist trophy.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm predicting an Assist Trophy (time for the nail biting! It's disconfirmation time! :awesome:) or a Wii U stage.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I predict we will see a picture of Zero Suit Samus, pointing her gun at Link, and Zelda on the other side, doing dins fire at Link in Pyrosphere. With the caption: "Looks like Link is in big trouble"

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Hmm

Monday: Some lame *** trophy featuring a Subspace Emissary enemy no one cares about

Tuesday: Little Mac alts

Wednesday: Alts for Rosalina and Mii

My guess is another trophy no one cares about?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think it'll involve Pac-man. I don't know why. It's just a feeling.

I'm most likely wrong, but I'm feeling it.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I listed my prediction(s)...but I didn't list my wants.

Predict: Assist Trophy or Wii U stage
Want: Ike in the picture. Idc what's happening, just PLEASE let him be included ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom