• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
So, a new trophy. Pretty cool looking, hopefully this is indicative of the quality of other trophies in the game. This week was pretty nice, I never expect much from the PotD so I'm usually happy with whatever.

Personally, I don't think we'll be getting a character reveal this month. In fact, I think we may not get a character reveal until the next Nintendo Direct. But hopefully I'm wrong. :p

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Seen how ****ty the last Direct was, I'm not expecting anything. They obviously want to keep the little they have to show for E3. Hopefully in less than three months we'll have some ****ing new games for this dead system.
Shut the hell up Wii U hater, Little Mac, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2,
Child of Light and you're complaining? Although they should've advertised Guacamelee U.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I knew i didn't like the sound of him going "above and beyond" for the pic of the day on tuesday.

Let's hope that never happens again at the cost of the rest of the week.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Child of Light and you're complaining? Although they should've advertised Guacamelee U.
WiiU hater rotfl.
That Direct sucked. There are no games until the 30th of May. The WiiU is drowning and they didn't even announced something new.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Mo'f**kin' Phosphora, one of my favorite KI:U characters, and her HD model looks badass. I hope she ends up as an Assist Trophy too, but I am glad that Uprising is getting so much love in the first place.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No need to get so aggressive, you know.

Taking insults when they're not directed towards you isn't cool.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, Uprising IS one of the best games Nintendo has released this-gen/next-gen whatever.
WiiU hater rotfl.
That Direct sucked. There are no games until the 30th of May. The WiiU is drowning and they didn't even announced something new.
I'm still playing the hell out of Tropical Freeze, GOTY right there.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The fact that a ****ing trophy update is probably the best news this week says it all.
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Uh...what about the 3D Land stage? That update was pretty good and reminiscent of the updates for the Brawl Dojo, rather than just a single pic and some text.

But I guess people are starting to like the Friday trophy update better because sexy.

----

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
WiiU hater rotfl.
Nice personal opinion you got there. Just try to not express it as a fact please.

Didn't the last direct have footage of Bayo2, Mario Kart, X and Smash? That is probably the 4 most anticipated games for the WiiU this year (argubly I guess, considering Yoshi Yarn, FexSMT, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors might all be coming this year as well. And DKTF is already out). If there is more, like a metroid, the pokemon thing thats been hinted or any other new stuff in popular franchises I think that is E3 material as of now, dont expect it in a Direct. Zelda has even been stated as "no info until E3". What are you expecting from directs? -_-

Sorry for getting lost into Nintendo Direct discussion in post above ^. Feel free to delete it if you find it neccesary mods. Vintagecreep can answer me in PM if he has something to add. My bad :)

On topic and food for thought: Isn't it weird that he is already showing finished trophies? I don't know, I just get the feeling that that is something you work on in the absolute last phase of making a Smash game. And that it doesn't get that much priority, they basically get as many trophies as they have time for in there, the last weeks or whatever untill release? To me it looks a bit like this game could be alot closer to done than we think.

Ps: Lol if Phosphora actually is an assist trophy or even a playable character in the end. Every playable character has a trophy too you know! Sakurai might be tricking us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Odd. This is a Wii U trophy? Aren't all the trophies supposed to be from home consoles games in that version? She from a handheld game. I mean remember the Saria trophy he posted?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nice personal opinion you got there. Just try to not express it as a fact please.

Didn't the last direct have footage of Bayo2, Mario Kart, X and Smash? That is probably the 4 most anticipated games for the WiiU this year (argubly I guess, considering Yoshi Yarn, FexSMT, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors might all be coming this year as well. And DKTF is already out). If there is more, like a metroid, the pokemon thing thats been hinted or any other new stuff in popular franchises I think that is E3 material as of now, dont expect it in a Direct. Zelda has even been stated as "no info until E3". What are you expecting from directs? -_-
Not games that were announced in January of THE LAST ****ING YEAR.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Odd. This is a Wii U trophy? Aren't all the trophies supposed to be from home consoles games in that version? She from a handheld game. I mean remember the Saria trophy he posted?
Oh yea... forgot about that. I think that it means for a majority though. Some of the 3ds stages come from console games because there weren't many or any handheld stages. Good eye though.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm still playing the hell out of Tropical Freeze, GOTY right there.
Tropical Freeze is very good, nothing more. GOTY? Uh. Maybe now, since there aren't any opponents for the price, sure.
I'm not going to play this game all the way to the 30th of May anyway. In fact, I completed it in a week or two and that's it.
No WiiU play for the next two months and a half.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tropical Freeze is very good, nothing more. GOTY? Uh. Maybe now, since there aren't any opponents for the price, sure.
I'm not going to play this game all the way to the 30th of May anyway. In fact, I completed it in a week or two and that's it.
Well, you could be like me and just buy a bunch of Virtual Console games...

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I honestly didn't mind this week.
And seeing everyone complain does have it's moments of hilarity.
Oh, I'm not mad. I just thought this picture was boring haha. I pretty much predicted something like this would happen, so I didn't get my hopes up.

Also, @ Koopaul Koopaul brings up a good point. Phosphora is from Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is a 3DS game, so you'd think Phosphora's trophy would be for 3DS, as well. This is from the Saria Trophy PotD in January.

"Pic of the day. There will be trophies in the 3DS and Wii U games, and each version will boast different types and models. The 3DS trophies will be mainly from handhelds and the Wii U version will feature trophies from the home-console games."

It does say types and models and not just trophies in general, so who knows. Where I was going at with this was that Phosphora could be an Assist Trophy, which is why her model is so well-done, but then I noticed her fingers are separate. hahaha.

EDIT: MY PREDICTION WAS PICHU. CLOSE ENOUGH, RIGHT?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh, I'm not mad. I just thought this picture was boring haha. I pretty much predicted something like this would happen, so I didn't get my hopes up.
If anything, it was only a matter of time before he trolled again.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The fact that most of the Kid Icarus games are handheld (Two hand held games and one console game) means that handheld franchises will have trophies on the console. Just like how Console only franchsies will have stages on the 3DS. (Little Mac and the Boxing Ring.)

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
He trolled us all. That's all Ihave to say. lol

So how long has it been now since we've had a character? Over a month now? Right around that, at least.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't feel like he trolled me. I was content with everything this week. excepttherule34/4chanbaitpicyesterday

Damn auto correct!

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He trolled us all. That's all Ihave to say. lol

So how long has it been now since we've had a character? Over a month now? Right around that, at least.
Diddy was announced the 21st of February, now we're at the 21st of March. So 28 days. 30 counting tomorrow and Sunday.
I still can't believe he didn't show Yoshi. Simply stupid.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not every trophy is going to be version exclusive. I'm sure a good number of trophies will be common to both versions .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hoping for Palutena to be playable... Eggplant Wizard to be an Assist Trophy... not sure about Medusa yet... playable or stage hazard (for Palutena's Temple stage) or boss.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Not every trophy is going to be version exclusive. I'm sure a good number of trophies will be common to both versions .
Yeah exactly. I'm starting to think that of stages too. I can't believe the stages are going to be less than 40/50ish per version, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai and his team won't have the time to come up with 80 or even 100 different stages in total.
For me, the less exclusive content there is, the better it is.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
This has been one character I had to look up as when I saw her, I had no idea where she came from.

I'm hoping that Eggplant Wizard is an Assist Trophy.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY!

It's been nearly 2 months of having nothing KI related (1/29 for Palutena's Temple, or 1/30 for Pit being in the pic), and now I finally wake up to this shockingly amazing pic. I approve of seeing Lovely Little Phosphora in HD, even as a trophy.
Try being a fan of the Mother/Earthbound franchise!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Let's Recap!

Monday: Smash Balls. We already knew they were in the game, so rather redundant pic.
Tuesday: A full analysis of 3D Land with a whopping four pictures. I really liked this, it's shaping up to be one of my faves
Wednesday: Rosalina....
Thursday: Not too bad, another buff on Diddy is rather nice.
Friday: Biased. I'm a sucker for KI. The more KI stuff the better, so I'm pretty content with Phosphora's trophy.

This certainly hasn't been the WORST WEEK EVER, but it was rather slow and boring compared to others. I see where some of you come from.

So, now that we have one full week of March left, does that mean some random reveal next week? What do you all think?

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Calling Tropical Freeze good would be like calling Ocarina of Time "Good". The game's an absolute masterpiece of modern platforming and handles every aspect of the game masterfully, from the graphics and music that make up the atmosphere, to the tight gameplay mechanics and variable-partner system, to the amazing meta-storytelling that each of the individual worlds has, plus it has some of the best-designed boss battles I've ever fought.

But back to the topic, I like Phospora, she's schmexy...but Sakurai, you really flopped on this week, the multi-picture update was balanced out by these snorefests.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Calling Tropical Freeze good would be like calling Ocarina of Time "Good". The game's an absolute masterpiece of modern platforming and handles every aspect of the game masterfully, from the graphics and music that make up the atmosphere, to the tight gameplay mechanics and variable-partner system, to the amazing meta-storytelling that each of the individual worlds has, plus it has some of the best-designed boss battles I've ever fought.
I said very good. The word masterpiece is tossed around a lot. It may be a masterpiece since the word itself lost a lot of its meaning.
Tropical Freeze has flaws: the controls aren't perfect (the roll and the drum move is the same button? Really?) the platforming is full of cheap deaths (and no I don't suck at it, I completed 100%, but yes, it has ****ing cheap deaths too) and World 4 is pretty bad.
Also what the hell is meta-storytelling? Do you even know what metatextual even means?

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Not games that were announced in January of THE LAST ****ING YEAR.
So again, what do you exactly expect from a direct. A direct that is three months before the release of the game, that will probably have the most sales of all games during Wii U's entire lifetime (Mario Kart 8). A direct that is four months before E3, the biggest gaming show there is. What do you think a direct like that should contain, what did you expect it to show?...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hah, I must admit that I did did get trolled with this one. When you wake the first thing in the morning and you see an detailed model of character on a system they weren't featured on my half-asleeped mind nearly lost it for a moment. Though I wasn't thinking character, assist trophy came to mind until I actually clicked on the post and had to pause for a few moments in confusion.

Though I like the character in KI: U which might explain the sudden reaction in that direction. Though you swear that Sakurai is playing on our anixety for characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom