• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Alright, looks like the miiverse post is up and looking at the comment for the second pic, it looks like he was trying to troll us. He didn't do a good job considering we all knew it was a trophy before he said so.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is = to nothing I could care less about the trophy's and on Friday :(

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
wow such a qt

I hope we get more HD character models of characters from 3DS / DS games
dillon pls

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
don't really think it's a good idea to try to troll your viewers in to thinking it's something interesting for it to be nothing. the wait was on purpose.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Gotta admit, that's a pretty nifty trophy. Hope to see more of these HD Models.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
don't really think it's a good idea to try to troll your viewers in to thinking it's something interesting for it to be nothing. the wait was on purpose.
To be fair, this is partially interesting. This does confirm that there will be HD modeled trophies for characters that have no purpose in the main game. So we will be getting original trophies like in Brawl.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm happy to see that Sakurai isn't simply reusing character models. Melee was awesome because of the original trophies. Hopefully we get a lot of remodels, even if they are just trophies.

Phosphora is... hot. She'd make an awesome AT with those lightening powers. If Medusa isn't playable, I guess she'll be the AT.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So we started off this week with the Smash Ball which opened the flood gates for Final Smash pics

Then we got a look at the entire course of the 3DS scrolling Mario stage (which doesn't appeal to me since I can't stand scrolling stages)

Wednesday's pic was worthless and only appealed to people who like Rosalina

Thursday we got a Diddy buff but it's such an odd buff that unless some things change like the charging time of the Peanut Popgun or if Diddy got a move with good shield damage then the buff is near useless, might have some use in ffa

And now we've got a trophy, not even an Assist Trophy or if she is then she hasn't been confirmed as one.

We got stuff this week, there's no denying that but it only really appeals to select fans (Anyone interested in Final Smashes, anyone who likes that damned scrolling stage >.>, any fans of Rosalina, users of Diddy and any fans of KI:U/Phosphora) and of all of those only the Smash Ball appeals to me.

tl;dr this week sucked aside from Monday

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It does make me wonder with Viridi and Phosphora now being disconfirmed, who Sakurai's ultimately going to choose to be the AT for the Kid Icarus franchise. There's so many possibilities even with two of the games' major characters biting the dust.

Shroob

Sup?
It does make me wonder with Viridi and Phosphora now being disconfirmed, who Sakurai's ultimately going to choose to be the AT for the Kid Icarus franchise. There's so many possibilities even with two of the games' major characters biting the dust.
If not Palutena, my money would be on Magnus or Hades.

Staarih

Smash Master
So Phosphora is from Kid Icarus: Uprising, right? I called a Kid Icarus pic for today because of Uprising's anniversary this weekend. Just a trophy but still, woop woop!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Eggplant Wizard and Magnus come to mind.

or... Palutena...

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
On the bright side, I think ZSS is a lock now. Phospora is sexier than her and all.
There'll be more Zero Suit Samus fan service than there was in Brawl, for sure. This trophy confirms it. Also, previous pics have been loaded with innuendos, and the Zelda model in particular was given subtle enhancements.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
If they don't make Eggplant Wizard an AT, or a common enemy in the single player mode, than Sakurai does not know what real Kid Icarus fans want. It would just be a waste to not see the Wizard and his amazing abilities somewhere in this game.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If they don't make Eggplant Wizard an AT, or a common enemy in the single player mode, than Sakurai does not know what real Kid Icarus fans want. It would just be a waste to not see the Wizard and his amazing abilities somewhere in this game.
That won't happen. Eggplant Wizard will be a playable character. Every attack turns you into a Eggplant.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's comments on this pic have big connotations for Ridley's playable chances.

This is because this is the first time Sakurai has obviously intentionally misled the fans and given them hope (if just for a short while) only to make a joke out of their disappointment when the fact she's a regular trophy was revealed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's always nice to see info involving kid icarus: Uprising. Especially the lovely Phosphora. <3

Though, I wished she was an assist trophy instead. :/

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sakurai's comments on this pic have big connotations for Ridley's playable chances.

This is because this is the first time Sakurai has obviously intentionally misled the fans and given them hope (if just for a short while) only to make a joke out of their disappointment when the fact she's a regular trophy was revealed.
No offence, but I think you might be reaching here.

Cudos to you though - a true fan finds hope in anything.

FYI, I think Ridley will be playable, and I'm not trying to attack you on this.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Since I stepped off the hype train this week I've got no complaints. The trophy looks nice, all I really have to say about it.

Also, really Sakurai with the "...is a trophy." thing?

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
No offence, but I think you might be reaching here.

Cudos to you though - a true fan finds hope in anything.

FYI, I think Ridley will be playable, and I'm not trying to attack you on this.
I was a bit unclear I think:

Before today's pics and comments, there was never an instance where Sakurai intentionally disappointed the fans by at first showing something that he knew would raise hopes, followed by posting something that kills those hopes.

However, the Ridley connotations of today's pics and comments could go either way, depending on whether you think that all the Ridley hints he's given us so far have been intended to make us think Ridley is not playable (an assist trophy), or whether the Ridley hints have been intended to make us think he is playable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's always next week.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Well there's always next week.
I'm real happy with today's update,. I love seeing any character's first HD model.

The other 4 were all very boring for me though. As for next week, I'd say 95& chance of at least a Veteran reveal due to the fact that there's always been at least one every month. Also a good chance of a Direct next week, since Nintendo will want to have one before the end of their fiscal year, and there's been one every month since September 2012, except for last month.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I was expecting a character today so when I saw Phosphora I was like [insert gif that will be removed here] OH SNAP OH SNAP OH SNAPPITY SNAP SNAP SNAP! But then i realized it was a trophy. And I was like [insert second irrelevant gif here] Eh, still pretty cool. All in all I'd say its a pretty good week.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly going to laugh my ass off if we get nothing next week and then suddenly we get a character on Monday of all days, the very last day in March and a day that iirc we've never gotten a character on before.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, Eggplant Wizard would clearly be an imposing character in adventure mode. He'll turn everyone into eggplants and then put them on really tall and frozen mountains. Then you'll have to play as the Ice Climbers who suddenly have really bad jump physics to gather everyone up to save them.

Yeah, this is quite a stretch with no character even though we're getting a decent volume of other info. The hypothesis of a late March direct is seeming pretty plausible to me at this point; we could be getting a newcomer next week with such a direct, and Sakurai has held off on a character reveal to space with respect to such a direct. Then again, I've believed the most likely outcome in the past two weeks was a character reveal of a veteran late in the week, and that didn't happen twice. It's just guessing at this point, but one thing that is certain is that eventually more will be shown so we should just take what we get patiently knowing that we'll see everything in the end anyway.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I was afraid they were gonna do the same thing as in Brawl, where most of the trophies are the exact same model as in the game they are from [all those Twilight Princess trophies...]. Good to see at least one of them was made from nothing. She looks awesome, I can't wait to see more trophies like this one.

Also, for future references: Magnus is gonna be the Assist Trophy for Kid Icarus. Palutena might be playable.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
FINALLY!

It's been nearly 2 months of having nothing KI related (1/29 for Palutena's Temple, or 1/30 for Pit being in the pic), and now I finally wake up to this shockingly amazing pic. I approve of seeing Lovely Little Phosphora in HD, even as a trophy.

And for those who don't know her yet, that's Phopshora from Kid Icarus Uprising, and is one of the commanders of the Forces of Nature, under Viridi's command, not to mention being the boss in Chapter 14. Obviously she's a real shocker with her electrifying powers + great speed, and "magnetically" attractive looks, though she's pretty much a stuck-up teen personality-wise.
This pretty much is the pic for the 2-year KIU anniversary, and I approve of the shocking reveal. I'm eager to see more KI characters in HD in the future. <3

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think that this week got less info but the the lack of info might be the info itself. I think the last time we got a long drought of info, December came and it completly stoped it especially since the direct. So I think he's purposely hiding something mayabe a direct? newcomer? idk but I'm sure we'll see something in 2-3 week at least might be next one tought.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The fact that a ****ing trophy update is probably the best news this week says it all.
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wasn't expecting Phosphora to be playable anyway. Besides, the background of the first screenshot was a giveaway that she was a trophy model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom