• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
question: Who do I contact to get the "directory" tag on a thread? Do I just need to page a mod or something
Ask any of the GMs (global mod), since the Mii Gunner boards don't have their own mod. Personally, I asked @ AEMehr AEMehr for most of the modding stuff like tagging and sticky-ing.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
The thread's up now. I kinda had to make do with what the board already had (still missing an online thread, data, and results thread mostly) but it's nothing I can't edit in. I'll add those if possible later on so I don't feel like I'm spamming the board or anything.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I apologize for the double post, but @ GS3K GS3K I am more than willing to help out fixing Gunner's board with you if you want.

I wouldn't really know what to do, but I'll do anything to help out the Gunner and Swordfighter boards!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I apologize for the double post, but @ GS3K GS3K I am more than willing to help out fixing Gunner's board with you if you want.

I wouldn't really know what to do, but I'll do anything to help out the Gunner and Swordfighter boards!
Tsk, tsk.
You should know better than to double post. :secretkpop:

But, I really appreciate what you've done for us. The boards look a lot better than it has ever been.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Tsk, tsk.
You should know better than to double post. :secretkpop:

But, I really appreciate what you've done for us. The boards look a lot better than it has ever been.
I'm a member of this small community too! Tis the least I can do.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey I just realized that @ AEMehr AEMehr is technically the Swordfighter moderator :3 one step closer to making this thread professional

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Hey, I've got a question. What was wrong with our Neutral B 3, Blurring Blade? What made it such a bad choice? And have the patches fixed this?

EDIT: Also, what is this move even supposed to be FOR? Is it supposed to be Shield Breaker, 3-hit edition? Or something else?

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I think it can nearly break shields or something. All I remember is killing things near 70% at the edge off a fully charged last hit. I'm not a sword enthusiast (remember: I opt to shoot things) so my memory's shoddy.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey, I've got a question. What was wrong with our Neutral B 3, Blurring Blade? What made it such a bad choice? And have the patches fixed this?

EDIT: Also, what is this move even supposed to be FOR? Is it supposed to be Shield Breaker, 3-hit edition? Or something else?
Unlike its equivalent Marcina's shield breaker this move does not deal significant extra shield damage nor have safety on maximum range to really justify giving up a projectile for it.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
To be honest, I've never really figured out that move. It seems alright but I personally don't have it on my mii.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Ah, makes sense. This still leaves Swordfighter in the unfortunate position of having to either take a redundant special (Chakram) or pick from one of two not very good horizontal movement side Bs, doesn't it? If Blurring Blade sucks such that you'd want a projectile on Neutral B regardless, that is.

EDIT: By the way, wasn't someone in this thread saying they were going to contact Xanadu about opening up Mii design freedom? How did that work out?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You know guys i have been having an idea of doing a community Swordfighter Montage but i don't have the video editing Software nor the skills to actually get away with it

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Arrrrgh.

anyways, got most of my paperwork out of the way, so I'll be able to finish that swordfighter drawing soon

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Lately, my internet is cripplingly bad. This page took at least 3 minutes to load up. I guess it's one of the downsides of living in such a rural area.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Getting closer and closer to actually making content on Youtube and MAYBE streaming things if I'm lucky.... Soon the world can see my adequate Swordfighter!

But more importantly the tech I have for him lol.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Getting closer and closer to actually making content on Youtube and MAYBE streaming things if I'm lucky.... Soon the world can see my adequate Swordfighter!

But more importantly the tech I have for him lol.
Looking forward to it! I love playing as the underdog in fighting games, so any and all tech will go a long way ^^

Player -0

Smash Hero
Friend came over yesterday. While I don't play Smash 4 much because I don't own it I think I found my main (actually more like dual main because Robin is awesome).

So I'll probably lurk around, just wanted to say BKF is the bess

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I sense something that'll give me a headache eventually. That's my cue to gtfo.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
new costume hhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyypppeeeeeeee

and theres moooooooooooooooooore (maybe like one more swordfighter thing, unsure)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
new costume hhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyypppeeeeeeee

and theres moooooooooooooooooore (maybe like one more swordfighter thing, unsure)
Y'know if the chrom costume came in the 1.0.4 version i would make a lot of chrom jokes as in poor chrom now has to be affiliated with bottom tier Swordfailure
but now Swordfiddle is mediocre so its not as funny

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aw yeah I love hoodies. I'm more into Gunner now though. Sorry Chrom xp

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
That hoodie costume looks nice! I might even say it looks better than being a Splatoon Squid as Gunner :)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Still waiting for my monster hunter costume :/

I dropped Antonykun the Swordfighter for Chrom

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I am back B***CH***!!! And holy crap Bair kills now. Man that patch was insane but not Squid/Kid Update level of insane. Chrom Costume looks like sick. HAHAHA at K. Rool. Frickin Sakurai...

Ah, makes sense. This still leaves Swordfighter in the unfortunate position of having to either take a redundant special (Chakram) or pick from one of two not very good horizontal movement side Bs, doesn't it? If Blurring Blade sucks such that you'd want a projectile on Neutral B regardless, that is.

EDIT: By the way, wasn't someone in this thread saying they were going to contact Xanadu about opening up Mii design freedom? How did that work out?
Blurring Blade lacks what make Sword Breaker good. It is amazing for reading Air Dodge or Step Dodge but it does nothing to shield and the last hit can be blocked/whiff if Butter Knight is Default size or smaller. If you like Blurring Blade and can make it work, go for it son. Don't mind us haters. I just want something more consistent.

Lloyd Irving from ToS is in Smash!!! Sorry Butter Knife, Kirby and Roy... I have found my new main.

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Dual wielding is the only way to make Swordsman broken.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
this thread is suprisingly popular with the mods O.O

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
They all understand that secretly Swordfighter is broken top tier material and they wanna get in our good graces before we all win tournaments and get that sweet sponsorship monies

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Wall of text incoming

I hope this is the last update ever because I really don't want to see a billion topics on gamefaqs (aka where I hail from) about the same blasted thing over and over again and because I'm losing memory on my system. That place's sm4sh message board is fubar and I suggest never setting foot in there if you want a serious discussion on the game.

Gamefaqs is... different because rules and mods there are somewhat more lax (I'll go into this if asked because I don't need an even bigger wall of text) and nearly every internet stereotype can be found there, for better or worse.

However, thanks to the topicality rule (a rule that basically allows you to use an old game's message board as a social board of sorts if there's no disclaimer saying that "all topics must relate to the game"), a handful of users and I (I pretty much jumped from different mario boards on gamefaqs and was friends with somebody there so he told me how to get there) use a dead board and talk about smash and play games (usually smash which has more activity than the actual matchmaking board there, pokemon, mario kart, splatoon, typically anything with online and board stuff like CYOAs). Things can get a bit weird on said board, but it's decent.

Don't really care about the dlc because I spent nearly $125 on sm4sh alone (60 for wii u, 40 for 3ds, and 25 for the ryu dlc+leaked stuff) and I just can't keep doing that because while I like this game, I don't like it to that extent. It's cool swordfighter got some dlc love because it looked like mostly gunner had got most of the costumes (or at least the interesting ones)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hi guys, our character is apparently broken now. Our waiting is finally over!

Oh wait, no one can use anything but 1-1-1-1 *proceeds to jump off a cliff*

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
this thread is suprisingly popular with the mods O.O
Yeah, I've noticed. I guess we don't need a dedicated mod since they pretty much hang out here.
Hi guys, our character is apparently broken now. Our waiting is finally over!

Oh wait, no one can use anything but 1-1-1-1 *proceeds to jump off a cliff*
I think I'm going to weep tears of joy. ;_;

It's like seeing your character go from being one of the worst in the game to potentially one of the best.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Just letting you all know that down throw double jump up air is a thing and can even kill

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Hopefully with all the publicity Swordfighter is getting, more people will pick him up and they may even come here.

Edit: I've made a very tiny update to the data thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom