• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Masters 2013 - June 1, 2013 - Livonia, MI - June 1st, 2013 - Livonia, MI

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

"The Biggest fighting game tournament in Michigan is back! The Michigan Fighting Game Community and Project Playhem are collaborating to bring you Michigan Masters 2013! Last year there were over 100 people in attendance, and brackets with 50+ entrants!"

The Michigan Fighting Game Community has invited us to join them at their biggest event of the year Michigan Masters and I will be putting on the Smash event and that will feature Brawl Singles and Doubles as well as P:M Singles. If time permits I will allow P:M doubles too happen AFTER P:M SINGLES.

Venue
In the Basement​
Schedule
10:00am - Doors Open​
11:00am - Registration for All Smash Events Begins​
12:30pm - Brawl Doubles / Melee Singles Begins​
3:30pm - Brawl Singles Pools Begin​
4:30pm - Project Melee Singles Begins​
6:00pm - Brawl Singles Bracket Begins​
10/11:00pm - We out​

Prices
Venue - $5​
Brawl Doubles - $20 per team ($10 per player)​
Brawl Singles - $10​
Melee Singles - $5​
Project Melee Singles - $5​
Payouts (Singles/Doubles)
1. 60%​
2. 30%​
3. 10%​
Rulesets
Brawl: Apex Ruleset/Stagelist​
Melee: MBR Recommended Ruleset​
Project Melee: Stagelist = Front Page only, Ruleset = what was ran at Outrage 2​

Please bring setups! We will need them to run this successfully and efficiently. Ideally if we have 6 setups for each game we will be more than okay. I know this could be done with 9-12 setups. I can bring 2 TVs and 1 Brawl Setup so the more we have the better.
Contact
Kalle (Ori_bro)​

External Links Please click "Going" on Facebook

Last edited:

stewyian

Smash Ace
ill b here unless **** comesup, considering the venue being 2 minutes from my house, i can prolly house ppl too

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. are the traddy fighting games going to be going on at the same time as smash? and will I be able to not get dq'd if I enter multiple games.

2. Can you give me a rough estimate of number of people to expect? this will impact my decision to go to this greatly. And please dont embellish.

clowsui

Smash Legend
brawl's likely to get 30 entrants tops. i don't forsee cincinnati + myself + NEOH to travel to this like we turned out for outrage

melee 30 entrants tops too

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1. are the traddy fighting games going to be going on at the same time as smash? and will I be able to not get dq'd if I enter multiple games.

2. Can you give me a rough estimate of number of people to expect? this will impact my decision to go to this greatly. And please dont embellish.

1. Traditional Fighters will be happening at the same time if you look at the FB event. You will need to plan accordingly with the TOs of both events.
2. The turnout I'm expecting is 20-30 for Brawl, 20-30 for P:M since the MI FGC expressed interest in it.

Also updated the OP with the Building the tourney is in

Mit

Smash Ace
- one of the FGC hosts -

If anyone is wondering, we're expecting at least 30 entrants for Marvel 3, SSF4, and Injustice (Marvel 3 estimate is very modest). At least 20 for TTT2/SFxT. P4A I have no ****ing clue because there's a fairly big tournament in Ohio, so probably not many (lower entry fee). Some players that will be there are CORN|Sethlolol (Final Round SFxT champion), Wolfkrone, FrankieG, OMGitzAndre, and the usual metro Detroit players (CORN, TFA, etc).

Pizza and hot dogs will be on sale at the venue for fairly cheap prices. Can always drive right up the road to Taco Bell/McDonalds/Potbelly/etc though.

And yeah, the guy that does our brackets is very flexible. If you're in Smash tournaments while also competing in an FGC tournament just let him know so he knows where to look for you if necessary.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Hmm...it seems Injustice starts towards the end of PM singles, and the beginning of Brawl singles pools... I'm sure I'll be able to do both just fine, since pools give me a bit of time to play Injustice.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thank you for the info sir. And this is a 1 day event? I will be trying my best to arrange my plans to attend this. If I do, I will be driving about 6 and a half hours, going through canada. So it would be great if someone could house me on Saturday and possibly Friday night.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thank you for the info sir. And this is a 1 day event? I will be trying my best to arrange my plans to attend this. If I do, I will be driving about 6 and a half hours, going through canada. So it would be great if someone could house me on Saturday and possibly Friday night.
It is a 1 day event and housing will definitely be available from Stewyian!

sneakytako

Smash Lord

The Michigan Fighting Game Community has invited us to join them at their biggest event of the year Michigan Masters and I will be putting on the Smash event and that will feature Brawl Singles and Doubles as well as P:M Singles. If time permits I will allow P:M doubles too happen AFTER P:M SINGLES.
Good plan Ori :D.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I think in order for Brawl/P:M to coexist at the same event, the events need to cross with times ie. Brawl Dubs is at the same time as P:M singles.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
yo pick me up
I think in order for Brawl/P:M to coexist at the same event, the events need to cross with times ie. Brawl Dubs is at the same time as P:M singles.
that's what we do @ all the Toronto locals. It works flawlessly, and once PM is over, we convert most of the PM setups over to Brawl and leave a few up for friendlies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my odds of showing up to this are pretty high right now.

also, if you were serious, you have to meet us on or near the highway of the route were taking. its already 6.5 hours for me, im not tryna drive more than I have to.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
my odds of showing up to this are pretty high right now.

also, if you were serious, you have to meet us on or near the highway of the route were taking. its already 6.5 hours for me, im not tryna drive more than I have to.
gimme some details and I'll see what I can do

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Meek, stay away from P:M at this.
I want to feel good about my decent Mario and mediocre Ivy.
Kthxbai

Also, I can bring my P:M setup if it's needed. I won't have a TV for it, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my chances off going to this just dropped to near zero. guy i was planning on riding with is going to be in vegas at the time.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I need to see who from cbus is going to come to this. I'll start asking around :V

EDIT: I'm the only one going. Stewy do you want to team?

Top Bottom