• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
So FE10 comes out in November huh? I only seen some battle videos, it looks freakin great.

The wait for November and December just seems sooooo much longer than it is...

Hong

The Strongest
xD I did spell it wrong. I just typed that after a long day. Sorry. :p

Drake3

Smash Ace
Lol just wanted to point out the irony :3. I was pretty sure you always spelled it Micaiah anyway.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Her game is coming to the US in November, she might as well be in Brawl. Also she is female and she uses magic so

Mikaya FOR BRAWL!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Since the model for Brawl Ike is FE9 Ike as opposed to FE10 Ike, it makes me think that they aren't planning to represent FE10 in any way.
That is a valid point however. Why would they use the FE10 model of Ike when FE9 Ike is the most recognisable Ike?(Barring of course in Japan)?

Don't give up on Miacaiah (FE10) representation just yet.

-Knight

Fawriel

Smash Master
^^^

Agreed. The first version of a character is always ( usually ) the most recognizable. Thus, Marth for Melee, Red for default Pokemon Trainer with the first generation starters, and so on.

Hong

The Strongest
I'll only say this once more.

Micaiah would look nearly the same three years ago during the ending of Path of Radiance than she does now. She is a branded. Their aging slows down starting as early as their teens.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Since the model for Brawl Ike is FE9 Ike as opposed to FE10 Ike, it makes me think that they aren't planning to represent FE10 in any way.
I actually can't see why that matters. Considering that Sakurai has a plethora of character versions to choose from, he could simply use the most appealing one (or the one with the most history for that character etc).

My only concern would be that FE10 is too recent to use for Brawl.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I actually can't see why that matters. Considering that Sakurai has a plethora of character versions to choose from, he could simply use the most appealing one (or the one with the most history for that character etc).

My only concern would be that FE10 is too recent to use for Brawl.
My thoughts exactly.

And plus, young Ike kicks old Ike's *** all day everyday. And he looks cooler! :laugh:

BTW, FE10 is not THAT recent anymore: It was released in February in Japan. And remember Roy? His game didn't release 4 months AFTER Melee. Anything can happen now, specially after Pokemon Trainer.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey Lunadis! People from the Geno thread have been wondering where you are.

The only downside for FE10 is that it comes out before Brawl, so they can't market interest to the series for outsiders of the series.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hey Lunadis! People from the Geno thread have been wondering where you are.

The only downside for FE10 is that it comes out before Brawl, so they can't market interest to the series for outsiders of the series.
Not in Japan. It's been out for 8 months over there.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Alright then...Just curious, have you beaten the game yourself?
??????

No, but what does that has to do with anything?

Its been out in Japan for a while, so they should know her by know. It's kinda like an old for them already. That should count for something.

Plus she could be advertisement for FE10 for everywhere else. Well.... at least to Europe. US is getting it in November.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
??????

No, but what does that has to do with anything?

Its been out in Japan for a while, so they should know her by know. It's kinda like an old for them already. That should count for something.

Plus she could be advertisement for FE10 for everywhere else. Well.... at least to Europe. US is getting it in November.
again I was just curious. As for Europe you're probably right about them.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Recently my friend took back his FE PoR ( after 5 months lol ), now I have a craving to re play it before the Radiant Dawn comes out. So I plan on buying a copy of my own.

The only problem is that PoR seems to have gotten very rare all of a sudden; I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find a copy. I'm going to check some stores tomorrow to see if they have it in stock ( It's like finding a copy of Disgaea all over again x_x ).

My last resort is looking online; however they seem to be in the upper price ranges of $50.00 or more; not the suggested retail price of 19.99, hopefully I'll be able to find it.

Erm anyway.

Micaiah for Brawl !! ^_^

-Knight

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Who perfers Mikaya instead of the other 1 for simplicity sake?

Mikaya for Brawl!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I'll only say this once more.

Micaiah would look nearly the same three years ago during the ending of Path of Radiance than she does now. She is a branded. Their aging slows down starting as early as their teens.
And why would she still be wearing the same cloths:dizzy:

j/k

Enigma14

Smash Champion
since no one created a Mikaya for Brawl sig...just look @ my sig, it's crap, but its support, kinda...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
So, is she THE main character of Goddess of Dawn, or A main character? Because there's a huge difference. I know Ike is in Goddess of Dawn too. Is his role equal to Micaiah's? Because if it is, I think his presence in Brawl will be enough to represent Goddess of Dawn. But if she's the most important character, then she may have a chance.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Female, and not-a-sword-weilder-yet-a-lord of Fire Emblem? Those make for some good chances Id say. Make her non physical to distinguish her from Zelda. If Snake can have non melee Smash attacks, just imagine the window of opportunity that just opened for Micaiah's moveset?

Im all for Micaiah!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
So, is she THE main character of Goddess of Dawn, or A main character? Because there's a huge difference. I know Ike is in Goddess of Dawn too. Is his role equal to Micaiah's? Because if it is, I think his presence in Brawl will be enough to represent Goddess of Dawn. But if she's the most important character, then she may have a chance.
They are about equal but she has more screen time. Some people say Ike is more important but absoloutly nothing at all in the plot would be able to work without Micaiah, she is the key really.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
They are about equal but she has more screen time. Some people say Ike is more important but absoloutly nothing at all in the plot would be able to work without Micaiah, she is the key really.
Same with Geno.

Mikaya for Brawl!

In the Claus thread, we created a move list for him, all of his supporters, I believe we can do the same here for Micaiah.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. Use this:
Thank you. :)
I'll accept your thanks- I made it. :)
Thanks for spreading the love, Chidosengan.

Now, unfortunately, I may obliterate it- with an idea that severely makes me grimace:

I think Micaiah has very little chance.

It occurred to me that what matters isn't that a game comes out before Smash comes out (meaning FE: Radiant Dawn drops before Brawl), it matters whether or not the developers working on Brawl 1) even knew about Micaiah as they first began working on Brawl, 2) actually wanted her in, and even then 3) they would have had to work very closely with the developers of Radiant Dawn to assure she has proper move sets, character design, et cetera.
I really doubt this happened.
Now, I realize this is a similar argument to the whole "only games from last generation will get in" or "it's too new" argument, but it's different. This one actually explains those ideas in a way that makes sense and allows for many potential exclusions, especially when it comes to Nintendo's top 3 franchises.

Most likely all the characters in Brawl were decided in the first year or so that Brawl was in development.

Sure- Snake has the music and a few moves from MGS4, but they were working very closely with Kojima, so even though the games (MGS4 and Brawl) are coming out near each other, it was possible to implement a few newer things.

With Micaiah though, not only did she not exist before the current game she's about to be released in, but Nintendo doesn't know how audiences will take to her and if she'll be popular, and the developers of Brawl likely didn't know anything about her potential move sets as they were deciding a roster as she was likely still being fleshed out throughout the simultaneous development of Radiant Dawn.

(neoREgen sobs as he just provided devastating logic against the character he wanted to see happen the most)

Someone please tear this argument up in an awesomely logical manner! Show me any fallacies I've stumbled upon in my thinking- give me reason to believe again!
Incidentally, I'm a Philosophy major, so that will definitely take a legitimate point.
Anyone?

Top Bottom