• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

xianfeng

Smash Hero
*SPOILERS*

how do the characters promote?
For their first promotion it's when they get to level 21 or use a master seal, for their second promotion they have to use a Master Crown. Micaiah does her first promotion at the end of part onr and her second promotion before the final chapter. Ike does his promotion around before the final chapter and Sothe does his around then too. Mist is a tier 2 class and promotes into a Valkyrie with the use of a Holy Crown.

Btw, do still use "normal" units later in the game? I'm talking about units like Boyd, Oscar, Mia, Marcia you know. Or do you only use uber units like Tibarn, Giffca and Neasella? I've seen some YouTubes where the guy only used characters as King Caineghis and those sort of overpowered characters... Was that just a Trail Map perhaps?
You can still use Normal characters but in the final few chapters where it gets near impossible some people prefer to only use the characters such as the Laguz Kings (and Queen) or on their second playthrough Pelleas and Lehran.

and SO many returning characters...
Yep every playable character from PoR returns except Largo isn't playable, he's busy at home running his bar and raising his and Calil's daughter. Leanne, Renning, Black Knight, Oliver, Sephiran, Sanaki etc. having all them playable this time is awsome!

and Micaiah is the first mage lord
That isn't true, Celica from Fire Emblem 2 used both Magic and Swords allthough Fire Emblem Gaiden is usually considered the worst of the series and usually ignored. They hate that game more than we hate Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Didn't know that >.< Though Micaiah is still fairly unique amongst the lord characters.

There really are so many characters in this game though. Those master crowns will have to be used very wisely it seems.

Back to Micaiah, which spells do you think they'll give to her. They'll most likely use unique spell Seini, though I'd like to see Nosferatu as a special attack (with the health sapping included).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Seini would defiantly be one, I could see them using the name Dawnlight for a move (to name it after the skill) becuase that sounds awsome. Either Seini or Dawnlight would be her super move.

The light spells are Light, Ellight, Shine, Resire (similar to Nosferatu), Valaura (poison effect), Rexaura, Purge, Seini (Micaiah only) and Kuraidiredo (Lehran only).

Some staves she could use are Torch, Sleep, Rewarp (teleport self), Silence and Barrier. Because she can use those as well when she becomes a Light Sage. Torch would like stun foes, Sleep would put them to sleep, Rewarp could be her recovery move, Silence could do something and Barrier could be like Fox's Shine.

Her taunt would be something with Yune of course.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
With Ike announced, and seemingly taking Marth's place, Micaiah to me seems like a really good candidate to take the second FE space. Her moveset would be more refreshing than another sword user, her status as a female is something Sakurai has expressed interest in, and she could be used to promote FE10 in the states.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really do think Micaiah has somewhat of a fight with Lyndis for a spot in SSBB. Lyn may be a sword fighter but her style is nothing remotely like Ike's or Marth's.

I love Micaiah but I'd rather have Lyndis over her but if she got in before Lyn I'd be happy ^_^

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Neutral B: Micaiah waves her hand, and two streams of spiraling light that travel directly forward as fast as Luigi’s fireball, though it tracks the opponent slightly. The attack may be a projectile, but because it is constantly expanding light, it is always there, until the attack ends, and the light vanishes. To better phrase it, the light extends forward like a projectile, but it is still there. Micaiah remains stationary while the light extends out, and the light will disappear if she is hit. The light will also disappear if it hits a flat surface, an opponent, itself, or Micaiah. It has low knock back, but medium damage.

Forward B: Yune, Micaiah’s bird, flies out, guided by a CPU. It will lock onto the closest opponent, and start to circle them, diving and pecking them from time to time. The pecks causes about as much damage and disruption as a paper fan, though these pecks only happen every two seconds or so. If Yune is hit, she will pop in a ball of light, and after around five seconds, reappear near Micaiah. Pressing forward B again causes Yune to come back to Micaiah. (Potentially, it allows her to quickly shift Yune’s targets when fighting more than one character.)

Up B: Micaiah disappears in a flash of light, and then appears again in another burst of light. This move is a standard teleporting move, except it has one quirk. If the opponent if facing the bight flashes to close, they will become blinded and stunned, much like Mewtwo’s down B. Because of this, it’s a good way to safely recover, but it doesn’t hurt the opponent it hit a second time, like Mewtwo’s down B.

Down B: Micaiah holds her hand in the air, and a magic circle appears above the enemy’s head. (Multiple ones will form for multiple opponents.) The magic circles then drop down a powerful ball of light, which hits the ground (or opponent) and explodes. The attack is very powerful, with good knock back, but the start up time is very slow. Also if the opponent is fast enough, they can dodge the light ball as it falls down.

Final Smash: Yune unleashes her power, and flies across the screen horizontally, leaving a disappearing trail of light behind her, and then appears above the screen, flying down vertically, with the same light effect. Yune’s giant big form is small when vertical, being only slightly larger than a charge shot. When she makes her second attack, her wings are expanded out, so it covers much more range. It will slightly track the opponent’s position as well. It’s damage and knock back are both high as well. Micaiah acts completely independent while this is going on, and can attack as well, though she can also be damaged.

Hong

The Strongest
A lot to draw her moveset from;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-6dRiSFoI
I think she should use a staff as a weapon, simply because it's better than going barehanded. I can't really say anything that hasn't been said. Her moves would obviously utilize light magic though I think something along the lines of Rexaura or Seini would be her Final Smash. Any of those oversized Light magic spells.

I'd post better support but I got a head cold somehow. D:
At least since this is already out in Japan and coming out in North America on November 5th, no one can go "omg no japan onli chars!11" since a month is more than enough to get an understanding of the character. :p

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping for a female FE character to make it in wether is Lyndis or Micaiah. ( I'd be happier if Lyn made it though)

-_- although someone most likely will say "omg she's to much like zelda" bleh

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Ike+Micaiah+The Black Knight=Playable Fire Emblem Perfection.

Yeah...I don't like Marth...

And I would much rather have her over Lyn, because Micaiah is in with the same time period as Ike, and he's already confirmed.
Like, if Ephriam was confirmed instead of Ike, I would support Eirika as the other Fire Emblem rep, because they were in the same game.

Anyway, that's just my take on things.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Ike+Micaiah+The Black Knight=Playable Fire Emblem Perfection.

Yeah...I don't like Marth...

And I would much rather have her over Lyn, because Micaiah is in with the same time period as Ike, and he's already confirmed.
Like, if Ephriam was confirmed instead of Ike, I would support Eirika as the other Fire Emblem rep, because they were in the same game.

Anyway, that's just my take on things.
I understand what your saying to an extent but; I'd rather have some variety to the roaster( Not all from the same game), even though it is hypocritical on my part for wanting Micaiah.

FE is a long series spanning 10 games, it just wouldn't be fair to only represent the most current series.

Ike, Micaiah or Lyndis, Marth and perhaps Sigurd looks to be a good roster in my mind.

Ike- The first popular international Lord.

Micaiah- The 2nd Lord in FE history to use magic; which would have a very unqiue fighting style in SSBB, being female is a plus.

OR

Lyndis- First female Lord outside of Japan; unique sword fighting style. Also a plus for being female.

Marth- The lord of the VERY FIRST Fire Emblem, also starred in FE3. Would not be an Ike clone as some people would think.

Sigurd- From one of the most popular FE's in Japan; could use both lances and he's Tyrfling(sp), perhaps even horse back.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
A lot to draw her moveset from;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-6dRiSFoI
I think she should use a staff as a weapon, simply because it's better than going barehanded. I can't really say anything that hasn't been said. Her moves would obviously utilize light magic though I think something along the lines of Rexaura or Seini would be her Final Smash. Any of those oversized Light magic spells.

I'd post better support but I got a head cold somehow. D:
At least since this is already out in Japan and coming out in North America on November 5th, no one can go "omg no japan onli chars!11" since a month is more than enough to get an understanding of the character. :p
Does that youtube vid have alot of story spoilers in it?( As in I will see the final boss or anything else that may be important) I want to see what you could draw her moveset from but I don't want to be spoiled to much in the process.

Hong

The Strongest
So, with the announcement of Lyndis as an assist trophy, that leaves two logical female Fire Emblem candidates. Macaiah (likely) and Sheeda (unlikely). I don't see Sheeda being in before Marth, so if Sora intends to have two completely different Fire Emblem characters, no one but Macaiah fits the bill. (Based on poll recommendations.) Oh... We could always get Mia instead, but I much rather have Macaiah.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm pretty sure we'll be getting Micaiah. The question just comes down to, How many Fire Emblem Characters will be in Brawl. I hope Marth stays, but not before Micaiah. We need more playable female characters. Krystal herself doesn't cut it.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Well with Lyn gone that leaves Micaiah as the only logical choice for female FE character, and I hope she makes it. Micaiah seemingly ticks all the boxes, main character in GOD, a recent character, popular in Japan, and a female character, I'd say she has a decent shot. Question really is will she come in ahead of all the other possible FE characters, like Sothe, Sigurd, the Black Knight or even Marth.
Personally rooting for Micaiah though.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Sakurai will be hunted down if he doesn't make Mikaya a playable character. This Lyndis update has pushed me over the edge.

-Knight

Hong

The Strongest
Well with Lyn gone that leaves Micaiah as the only logical choice for female FE character, and I hope she makes it. Micaiah seemingly ticks all the boxes, main character in GOD, a recent character, popular in Japan, and a female character, I'd say she has a decent shot. Question really is will she come in ahead of all the other possible FE characters, like Sothe, Sigurd, the Black Knight or even Marth.
Personally rooting for Micaiah though.
Sothe is a Jeigan, and Jeigans are Assist Trophy material considering their powerful nature. :p

I don't expect Sigurd before Marth, because if Sakurai simply HAS to have a Japan-only Fire Emblem rep, would he really cause more envy than he did with Marth? I mean, there's no need to expose another Fire Emblem character North American fans will probably never get to play as.

Black Knight has a chance due to the fact he is Ike's perfect rival and his heavy stature forces him into another style of combat.

Lastly, Marth is a very touchy subject. As a Fire Emblem veteran, I don't really care if Marth will appear. It's not like I'll be insulted if he doesn't appear at all. Ike seems like a fair replacement since he has more original characteristics. I'd just like Marth to be a Sticker or Trophy if they still exists.

Just my views on the ordeal. Ike, Marth and Macaiah are highly likely.

Edit - Nintendo announced the English spelling as Macaiah. Start spelling it that way. >:p

And the movie posted earlier shows you playing as a character who was once your enemy. Other than that, no spoilers.

Hong

The Strongest
Sakurai will be haunted down if BK is not in.
I think it's Black Knight VS Macaiah, since I doubt Sakurai would include three Tellius characters. Both of them have a lot going for them and I'd say its an even match.

Of course, Sakurai after putting in two Tellius characters could feel "You know, maybe we should at least have them all connected this time unlike Marth and Roy?" and leave full Fire Emblem representation to items (Rapier anyone?), stages (Castle Siege) and Assist Trophies (Lyndis).

Shuma

Smash Hero
This so called Micaiahsomething is a main character? wouldn't that put her against Marth? I mean she's not a villain... i think.

Hong

The Strongest
This so called Micaiahsomething is a main character? wouldn't that put her against Marth? I mean she's not a villain... i think.
Macaiah is the star of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and fights alongside Ike and his mercenaries. I meant "Macaiah VS Black Knight" in who would get in. Marth's chances are irrelevant to either Black Knight or Macaiah, except maybe the fact Black Knight wields a sword but that's not saying a lot.

Shuma

Smash Hero
If Micaiah is in they should leave Marth out and add the Black Knight.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I support Micaiah, she seems like the most original FE rep they would even consider plus she's hot.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, I guess I'll have to support this lady. I'm not much of an FE fan. Well, I am, actually, I played Lyndis' game ( ****ed if I remember the name ), and it's a really good game... but Marth and Roy's styles of play still leave a bad aftertaste. I'm not hoping for 3 FE reps.
Micaiah seems interesting and would make a more unique addition than another sword-fighter. Plus, females are always good to have. Unless they're the Tomb Raider kind, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
I expect Marth... but on the other hand, why would he be unlockable again, which he seems to be considering he wasn't revealed yet? Not to mention that I'd rather see a new face.

Too bad that I probably can't get a good idea of what Micaiah's like without having played the game.
Such a pity that Lyn didn't quite make it...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I really doubt that any character will show up without Marth. He's the original and in two games, just like Ike. But if there is a third character from the FE series, it's Micaiah. Her importance in her story may be shafted a bit because of Ike, but she's still there playing a major role from beginning to end. Furthermore, she's a magic user, which is underutilized in comparison to other combat methods. Her status as a female pushes a tiny bit also, along with the fact that she will be fresh in everyone's minds when her game comes out around the world, only a little bit before Brawl.=/

Drake3

Smash Ace
I really doubt that any character will show up without Marth. He's the original and in two games, just like Ike. But if there is a third character from the FE series, it's Micaiah. Her importance in her story may be shafted a bit because of Ike, but she's still there playing a major role from beginning to end. Furthermore, she's a magic user, which is underutilized in comparison to other combat methods. Her status as a female pushes a tiny bit also, along with the fact that she will be fresh in everyone's minds when her game comes out around the world, only a little bit before Brawl.=/
I agree about Micaiah and that she'd definitely be an original lord and a nice addition to the magic users. I think that they'll give FE 3 reps in Brawl, but personally, I don't see Marth coming back. Maybe this Hector guy everyone talks about or the Black Knight.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I think Miciaiah would be a fine addition. It would be a great way to boost sales of Radiant Dawn this fall.

But riddle me this: why would Sakurai include a character from Radiant Dawn if Ike is clearly depected as he was in Path of Radiance? Wouldn't it make for sense to go with his older, Radiant Dawn incarnation?

My inclination is that another PoR character is more likely. (Please be Black Knight, please be Black Knight, please be Black Knight...)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Arguably though, he doesn't want characters from the same FE game, so he put Ike in his PoR so he could add a character from Radiant Dawn (I'm really behind the times, I've only just learned this is the localized name >.<). It could go either way really, we might not even get another Tellius rep for all we know.

Though really, the version they used of Ike is the most recognizable version of him, so it makes sense to use it regardless of whoever they used for the other rep.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Arguably though, he doesn't want characters from the same FE game, so he put Ike in his PoR so he could add a character from Radiant Dawn (I'm really behind the times, I've only just learned this is the localized name >.<). It could go either way really, we might not even get another Tellius rep for all we know.

Though really, the version they used of Ike is the most recognizable version of him, so it makes sense to use it regardless of whoever they used for the other rep.

Long time no see, Luke. :)

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. But it seems to me if Sakurai knew beforehand that he were putting both Ike and Miciaiah in the same game, it would make more sense continuity wise to have them their respective ages in RD. After all , when Ike was still a youth (as he is in Brawl) Miciaiah would have been very young.

I've gotta jet for now. Wiseguy out.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well, from what I've heard and seen of spoilers (note: I think it's shown somewhat early in the game, but if you are trying to be spoiler free I'd be cautious about it)
Micaiah is a branded, so she ages much slower than normal humans, so it's possible she looked the same she did during PoR as she does in RD

Though Smash isn't really known for it's accuracy and sense, so I wouldn't think it'd trouble Sakurai too much to include characters from the same world yet from different times. Sort of like having both Link and Young Link.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think that they'll have more than one playable FE character from the same game(s). I think that Marth will return, and if there are more than 2 FE characters the 3rd one will be from a completely different game.

I say that based on the fact that Castle Siege was designed to represent all FE games, and not just one.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
:/ this is really annoying; dispite somewhat getting over Lyn deconfirmed I'm still furious; I think I'd actually go into a rage if Micaiah is not in Brawl.

Micaiah needs to be in brawl because she represents a side of FE that hasn't been shown before. We've seen sword user after sword user after sword user and in the eyes of the general public ( I myself know that there are many different styles of swordplay that can make fellow sword users vastly different from each other) maybe that's one too many.

Micaiah brings a magic based battling style that brawl sorely needs. I mean Zelda can't rep the "mage" class all by herself.

I do wonder though if Sakurai had a choice between Micaiah or the Black Knight to be added which would he choose. A refreshing mage type character that brings her light magic to the table. Or a "personal" foe of Ike's who users a huge sword.

Hopefully if Sakurai did have to make a choice like that Micaiah would win out as she brings more unique qualitys to the table than the Black Knight.

-Knight

Fawriel

Smash Master
I agree completely.

Micaiah could work kinda like a human-sized Pikachu.
Using weak, quick staff strikes for most of her tilts and such, mostly for the purpose of getting the opponent away from her, her smashes could be slow but HUGE and powerful magic explosions and the like with hitboxes that put Marth's f-smash to shame.
If handled well, that could be a pretty unique style.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't see why so many people assume Marth will make it.

From my perspective, yeah Fire Emblem 1 and 3 were good games, but that's enough of Marth. His personality is pretty generic amongst the lords, which is okay. It was an early game so it's hard to have a revolutionary storyboard and characters. But it's not like you're insulting the series by not putting in the first Lord. There was nothing wrong with Marth's character, just nothing spectacular.

As a Fire Emblem veteran, I just want to see any Lord who's radically different from Ike. Thus Macaiah comes to mind since not only does she use magic and is female in gender, but she's branded (half-Laguz. Not a spoiler since it's revealed early in the game.) has a more gentle personality and would overall play different from any magic user in Brawl granted she wields a staff in her hand. (It's one handed, unlike Krystal's.)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Marth is my main character in Melee.
I close my eyes and envision air-juggling people to spikes, or wavedashing onto the edge. I've gotten better with him than with any other character, and I know there are many many people like me. (And Ike will not be a suitable replacement for Marth- I can already tell he is very different.)

That being said, I hope Marth will not return,
so that a slot on the character roster can be given to someone fresh. It is a new game and these should feel like new times.

I am glad that Lyndis was deconfirmed today: it is one less competitor Micaiah will have to battle to secure the spot for her own. I want Micaiah as a character more than any one else on my list.

[in full support, neoREgen]

Top Bottom