• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Unused Custom Moves Discovered

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
customs are cancer.

they ruin the game and waste dev time, that dev effort could have gone into adding more unique and original characters. instead we get 80 different mii attacks :/

i hope custom moves are not in the next game

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
customs are cancer.

they ruin the game and waste dev time, that dev effort could have gone into adding more unique and original characters. instead we get 80 different mii attacks :/

Please go away, this has literally nothing to do with the article. We don't want to hear about you not being able to accept new meta. Seriously.

Soul Breaker glitch confirmed LOL XD:p
Mewtwo confirmed OP. Time to nerf Greninja.

Last edited:

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
Please go away, this has literally nothing to do with the article. We don't want to hear about you not being able to accept new meta. Seriously.

Mewtwo confirmed OP. Time to nerf Greninja.
customs are "the new meta?"

pshhhhahaha japan and the rest of the world would like a word with you. smash 4 will die so soon competitively if there are idiots who seriously think customs will become the new meta.

all the new dlc characters dont have customs for a reason.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Seeing the title made me believe that custom moves for Mewtwo were already properly coded into this new update and only waiting for another update to be made available... but that's apparently not the case :c

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Came into this thread expecting actual customs.
Instead, found cool glitches.

Came into comments expecting interesting convo about cool glitches.
Instead, found people rationalizing ways to still get customs.

Kappa

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
customs are cancer.

Sure, never mind that over 90% of the custom moves didn't even need any new character animations. You know, the part that actually takes development time.

Most custom moves just had their properties altered and/or had a visual effect added, reusing resources that were already there. Making one of those is nothing compared to making a fluid, natural animation from scratch.

Yes, there are a few freshly-animated customs, but those are very much a minority, even when taking the Miis and Palutena into account. Most other characters' moves would have taken practically no time at all.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I don't know why you can get his custom moves but you can't get them by playing the game or their included. Why? What is the reason for this?

Eh, if future DLC characters don't naturally have Custom Moves then I'm not sure about them competitively from hear on out

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I keep seeing people freaking out about us needing to pay for the custom moves or he will never get them, but you need to remember theMewtwo DLC isn't officially out yet. There could be an update when he is officially released. I'm just saying
:bubblebobble:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
customs are cancer.

So according to you customs take up character space... first one I've ever heard. Honestly, you clearly don't know what you are talking about and an ignorant post such as that really shows how little you know about the development process.

NerdThomas3

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasLee1993
3DS FC
1865-1735-0762
It's a little bogus that Mewtwo doesn't have customs but everyone else has. Hopefully, they'll be added in when he's available to the world on the 28th. :4mewtwo:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
In all seriousness, I'm not mad over this. Saves us the hassle of unlocking more things.
You know that DLC character's custom moves could be all unlocked from the start, just like how it was for Mii, right?

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
real question:
i've yet to play this character so i have no clue
some say he's good others say he's trash
which one is it people?
It varies from person to person, and it depends on your playstyle. I can't play Ganondorf or Jigglypuf worth salt, but masterful read masters and aerial masters play those two characters well. I personally find Mewtwo fine, and I like how strong his aerials are, but he is kind of slow, and his floatyness makes him a bit easy to gimp.

NerdThomas3

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasLee1993
3DS FC
1865-1735-0762
It varies from person to person, and it depends on your playstyle. I can't play Ganondorf or Jigglypuf worth salt, but masterful read masters and aerial masters play those two characters well. I personally find Mewtwo fine, and I like how strong his aerials are, but he is kind of slow, and his floatyness makes him a bit easy to gimp.
I unfortunately only own the 3DS version of Smash 4.. So I have to wait until he's available as paid DLC..

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I never expected DLC for this game is the first place... especially considering how OVER IT Sakurai seems to be.

Characters without Custom moves are more than we could have asked for, so I am satisfied. IF we happen to get custom moves down the line, well then aren't we just a lucky bunch!

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
Kinda weird, but it's good to know that they were thinking of custom moves for Mewtwo. :mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::4mewtwo::4mewtwo::4mewtwo::4mewtwo:

MarkT

Smash Rookie
As a programmer, to me these don't actually look like unused customs.
There's a reason why some of these "customs" crash the game and others don't. When a program is told to do something that it's not prepared to do weird things can happen. For example, if you tell a a character to perform an animation that doesn't exist, the program might not crash but some random set of things might happen, like disabling the model renderer, or playing some animation that is a combination default animations.
When a game is in debug it will crash every time but when it's an actual game build the console does whatever it can to not crash. If the game is really good at clean up, then you might never crash and just see weird effects. If the glitch creates a memory leak that never gets cleaned up, keep playing and eventually it will crash at a seemingly random place in the game when the game runs out of memory.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
customs are cancer.

My god people are greedy. This game has a ton of content and 50 characters, don't complain about extra features they added to a feature packed game. You don't have to love every part of it, it wasn't built just for you.

Also the only significant difference between "mii attack" and regular attacks for the characters is that you don't like one set. An attack is an attack, whether it be custom or not.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Geez, that's bad. I even remember being excited thinking at the trailer that his F-Throw (is it the one that he shoots purple stuff?) was a Shadow Ball custom move.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
According to Youtube user
MAAV “MAAV and Mute” Mute 6 hours ago
I tried on the WiiU and the method is similar, first, you download a Mii from online, next, you go to Smash, then select the Mii, next, activate customs, select Mewtwo with random customs, I tried this way and it worked, I don't know if it works activating customs before selecting the Mii
This was affirmed by Mankalor

It seems that it is indeed possible in the WiiU version

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I'm underwhelmed by the content Mewtwo brought. He just brought himself and 3 trophies. I was hoping he would get customs, an event match, ect. Maybe when hes availible to purchase?

FabianM

Smash Rookie
I'm underwhelmed by the content Mewtwo brought. He just brought himself and 3 trophies. I was hoping he would get customs, an event match, ect. Maybe when hes availible to purchase?
I think "himself" already is saying alot. In the end, Sakurai didn't have to do add him, and he pleased a lot of fans with it. It's not as if we all stopped playing smash and randomly started doing it again because an extra thing was added. I can totally see myself considered pleased with his inclusion. Most likely because Mewtwo plays pretty unique and has a lot of weird and creative movement options.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I think it's fairly clear that these are all the results of the game attempting to read data that doesn't exist, akin to Missingno in Pokemon.

Egg Thrower

Smash Rookie
real question:
i've yet to play this character so i have no clue
some say he's good others say he's trash
which one is it people?
Mewtwo hits like a truck, but he is extremely light. That might be why some people think he is trash. However, he is still powerful either way

Top Bottom