• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Unused Custom Moves Discovered

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
With the release of Mewtwo to those who registered both copies of the game today, many were surprised and disappointed when they found Mewtwo had no customs moves in any way. Youtuber Mankalor however with a clever trick has been able to find a way to look at the custom moves that may have been without the use of hacks. This involves an exploit using Miis transferred to the 3DS. There is currently no method to try this on the Wii U however. Check out the video to learn more!

SmashCapps finds this all fascinating. Follow him on Twitter to discuss everything Mewtwo and the recent patch.

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Surely Sakurai will eventually add a full set of custom for Mewtwo. Riiiiiight?

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
interesting...maybe when mewtwo is available for purchase we will get a minor update that gives us mewtwo's custom moves?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was, at the very least, hoping they'd be actual usable specials, oh well!
Surely Sakurai will eventually add a full set of custom for Mewtwo. Riiiiiight?
I'm hoping the same thing... I don't think they would put those in if they weren't serving as placeholders.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That side special? Overpowered?

What's that? :troll:

In all seriousness, I'm not mad over this. Saves us the hassle of unlocking more things.

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
real question:
i've yet to play this character so i have no clue
some say he's good others say he's trash
which one is it people?
I don't think he'll see much use in the top 8 at nationals, but he feels like a solid character.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Cool stuff! Just tried it, and interestingly enough, these customs also affect his F-throw. I think it's because the projectiles he uses in the throw are shadow balls. Similar to Falco's throws with his lasers.

Just speculation, but it's a solid guess nontheless.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Wonder if they'll charge 5 bucks to get his custom moves -_- and it took quite some time to get a character with no custom moves. What's going on over there at Nintendo?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Hitting with side-B 2 in air will cause a similar effect to the Nabbit glitch, too! Neat! :'V

(Side-B 3 also has different effects in air... They're weird, but not too weird.)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They all seem to be glitches and not reflective of what they may actually be, assuming Mewtwo gets customs specials at all. >_>

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's disappointing it doesn't have specials. Maybe they might be released on the 28th but I don't think that will be happening.

It would royally suck if we had to shell out money for its customs...

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Mewtwo gets his customs when he is released on the eShop. Otherwise people will be paying for an unfinished character.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I actually got this glitch on the Wii U. But I don't know what exactly triggered it, it was on complete accident.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Wow, glitchy Mewtwo is broken with the ability to slow down time at will.

Wait a minute. Does that mean Mewtwo is Dialga?

OMG WTF!?!?!?

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
inb4 mewtwo custom move's DLC 3$ each :troll:

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So it seems there's bits and pieces of other fragments of code where custom specials usually go. Could this mean those parts of the character's code are among the last created, and that area is used to store parts for easier access?

I dunno, I don't know a whole lot about programming. >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Mewtwo needs to get customs when he becomes available for everyone. It would be a stupid ripoff if in a game with 50 characters who all have 12 custom moves and for like 10% of the price of the game we add 1 without any.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I'm not really into customs unless it's something I actually like. It's alright to me if Mewtwo doesn't have any.

M00NLight Ninja

Smash Rookie
NNID
SW-0185-6231-124
With the release of Mewtwo to those who registered both copies of the game today, many were surprised and disappointed when they found Mewtwo had no customs moves in any way. Youtuber Mankalor however with a clever trick has been able to find a way to look at the custom moves that may have been without the use of hacks. This involves an exploit using Miis transferred to the 3DS. There is currently no method to try this on the Wii U however. Check out the video to learn more!

SmashCapps finds this all fascinating. Follow him on Twitter to discuss everything Mewtwo and the recent patch.
one question can I still register both games to get the mewtwo code or is it to late?

Top Bottom