• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo2000's Stages and Tools

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Do you think you could upload some SSS stuff for Norfair with Brinstar Background and N64 how-to-play? Thanks!
Sure thing, I'll post them later.

Just wanted to drop in and say you do such amazing work. I'm hoping you'll be able to update Pokemon Stadium Prime Cup and Temple of Time.
What's to be updated on those 2?

Is there a stage title SSS image for Chemical Plant floating around somewhere?
You mean the stage name? I guess not, sorry. I can make it though.

I'm assuming Dream Greens and Sector Z will come with the 3.0 camera, no?
Yeah. Well, Dream Greens has been out for awhile already, and I've just released the Wifi-safe version of Sector Z. As they're wifi-safe, they have the 3.0 camera. They would desync otherwise.

The 'small' Sector Z is out, like I've just said, this is how it looks like:

I'll release the normal sized later today. For the moment, this is the link for this one:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202850

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
What's to be updated on those 2?

Maybe nothing! I saw one on the outdated section on your first post and assumed they might not be updated with the new camera. I'll put them in my build and check them when I figure out how to make the 12 stage expansion pack work without over filling my common5.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Hey might wanna add the PM stage font for Luigi's Mansion so it can replace the Dracula's Castle one, be too much hassle to get one out of a 1+GB pack.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
What's the difference in the 2 64 Fox stage eh?
The difference here is just the ship. One comes from the N64, and the other one is just the Corneria one. Both of them play wifi-safe despite being different models.

Related to this stage, by the way, I've done a new stage on the Great Fox:

Hey might wanna add the PM stage font for Luigi's Mansion so it can replace the Dracula's Castle one, be too much hassle to get one out of a 1+GB pack.
Yeah, will do. I'll try to make it look the exact same as the rest of stage names in PM.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Here are some icons I whipped up for the new Sector Z stage. Hopefully it can apply for the larger version that's coming soon.

Stage Icon:

Stage Name:

Stage Preview:

Random Stage Switch:

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Just a request. Can someone make a good loop of the Sector Z theme? There are two in the Vault, one of them is a broken link, the other is HORRIBLY looped, so both of them suck.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Here are some icons I whipped up for the new Sector Z stage. Hopefully it can apply for the larger version that's coming soon.
Sure it can, it looks nearly the same. Except for the top of the Great Fox, it's just identical indeed. Thanks!

I've also whipped up some SSS stuff for the stage, in both the N64 and GC model versions:

I've not made the PM stage name yet, but it wouldn't be any different to SmashBroski's, so I'm not gonna make it after all. I've neither made the random stage switch one, so just use his.

The stage is already updated in the vault and comes in 2 sizes, the one it's been in there all this time, and a bigger one. And comes in 2 versions for each size, the N64 one and the GC one (N64 models and Melee models). They're not compatible between them in terms of replays, cause the N64 model has a slighly different shape, and collisions aren't the same either. It wouldn't take any effort to make a version compatible with the GC one, but I don't guess there's gonna be anybody using them at the same time from the same slot with ASL or something, and willing to replay matches from one to the other. Otherwise one can always request it, it would be a matter of a few minutes of work.

Remember that in case you want to play Sector Z as a wifi/replay safe replacement for Corneria, you have to download this one instead.

I'll be posting the SSS stuff for How To Play and others eventually. For today, this is all.

Just a request. Can someone make a good loop of the Sector Z theme? There are two in the Vault, one of them is a broken link, the other is HORRIBLY looped, so both of them suck.
Go to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/ and I'm pretty sure you'll find a proper one

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
Which (and where) version would I download if I wanted the Melee Great Fox ship (size), but with the N64 textures on it?

The small N64 version? (if that's available)

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Which Sector Z is the closest in scale to the original Sector Z from Smash 64?

The Corneria swap is too small and I feel the big version's too big.

Here are some Random Stage Switch icons based on the ones by Mewtwo2000 if anyone's interested:

N64:

GC:

Heh, I actually prefer Mewtwo2000's icons to my own but if anyone wants to use mine, feel free to do so.

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Let's see, the size that's supposed to be the closest to what's in SSB64 is the 'big' one. It's the same scale used with Dreamland and all the other SSB64 stages I've made, and it's also the size it would have had in Melee if the stage was there. In fact, the Corneria ship in Brawl is resized for some reason, and without the resize, the model would be twice the size shown in the Corneria stage, and that fits exactly the size of the 'big' Sector Z. Coincidence? I guess not.

The N64 physics and even character sizes are way different though, and it probably feels to big in Project M due to this. That's why I've kept the intermediate size, the 'small' one, which is 156% the size of Corneria. If Corneria is 100%, Wifi-Safe Sector Z is 100%, 'small' Sector Z is 156% and 'big' Sector Z is 200%.

MaskedNightmare

Smash Rookie
About the Sector Z stage just recently released (Fantastic by the way). When I do Fox or Falco's secret taunt, it crashes the game.

If it helps I use the Japanese version of Brawl.

Rage83

Smash Ace
About the Sector Z stage just recently released (Fantastic by the way). When I do Fox or Falco's secret taunt, it crashes the game.

If it helps I use the Japanese version of Brawl.
Over Corneria or Final Destination?(It might have to be over Corneria or using a Corneria-based REL file.) Also, I think that an edit needs to be made with the MiscDatas containing the text for compatibility.(?) I use US Brawl, but I haven't had the chance to test it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mmm, I'll take a look to it. I prepared it to work on the NTSC-U one, but didn't know it's different on japanese brawl. I'll include a folder for NTSC-J tomorrow.

MaskedNightmare

Smash Rookie
Over Corneria or Final Destination?(It might have to be over Corneria or using a Corneria-based REL file.) Also, I think that an edit needs to be made with the MiscDatas containing the text for compatibility.(?) I use US Brawl, but I haven't had the chance to test it.
I thought replacing the Miscdata would do the trick but apparently things are telling me otherwise. And yes, it is over Corneria without an FD REL.

Mmm, I'll take a look to it. I prepared it to work on the NTSC-U one, but didn't know it's different on japanese brawl. I'll include a folder for NTSC-J tomorrow.
Not sure why it's so different to be honest. Eh oh well, I'll just hold off on special taunts on the stage until then. Thanks guys.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I've been testing things with Sector Z and looks like the Corneria files are the same, no file swap has been needed. However, at least when testing on a japanese Brawl with just the file patch code, looks like there's a strong filesizelimit, and the wifi-safes weren't even loading. After removing unused stuff I've been able to load, and looks like the taunt freeze happened because of my miscdatas with info, which don't do anything bad in NTSC-U Brawl, but are causing problems with the japanese one when the text is getting loaded. A quick file rearrangement seems to make it, but I'd like to confirm.

I'll leave a copy of the big N64 Sector Z in a folder called 'test' in the non-wifi Sector Z mediafire. I need you to test if it works in your japanese game with no more taunt issues, or if it remains the same. I'll also leave the lowered size wifi-safes in their folder, replacing the current ones. Those have been already tested and work correctly.

EDIT: This is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jap5qb3a1jkl4/Test

Last edited:

MaskedNightmare

Smash Rookie
I've been testing things with Sector Z and looks like the Corneria files are the same, no file swap has been needed. However, at least when testing on a japanese Brawl with just the file patch code, looks like there's a strong filesizelimit, and the wifi-safes weren't even loading. After removing unused stuff I've been able to load, and looks like the taunt freeze happened because of my miscdatas with info, which don't do anything bad in NTSC-U Brawl, but are causing problems with the japanese one when the text is getting loaded. A quick file rearrangement seems to make it, but I'd like to confirm.

I'll leave a copy of the big N64 Sector Z in a folder called 'test' in the non-wifi Sector Z mediafire. I need you to test if it works in your japanese game with no more taunt issues, or if it remains the same. I'll also leave the lowered size wifi-safes in their folder, replacing the current ones. Those have been already tested and work correctly.

EDIT: This is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jap5qb3a1jkl4/Test
Just tested it. Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch. Will this be available for the Melee ship? Also the Wi-fi versions work wonderfully.

Last edited:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sure it will, in fact I've updated all the versions of Sector Z already with this small update. Now those who play the japanese version will be able to do the secret taunt on Sector Z flawlessly.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
New wifi-safe stage for Project M. A replacement for Distant Planet with a familiar look

Will upload it tomorrow. I also have to upload the real-size versions of Corneria and Sector Z.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
New wifi-safe stage for Project M. A replacement for Distant Planet with a familiar look

Will upload it tomorrow. I also have to upload the real-size versions of Corneria and Sector Z.
An SSE Jungle revamp of a Distant Planet revamp of SSE Jungle? I like it.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Do you have any plans to work on Kongo Jungle from Melee? I understand there's this version that uses visual assets from Rumble Falls but I was curious if we'll ever see one that matches Melee's version perfectly.

Like so:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Do you have any plans to work on Kongo Jungle from Melee? I understand there's this version that uses visual assets from Rumble Falls but I was curious if we'll ever see one that matches Melee's version perfectly.

Like so:
Also, while we're talking about more accurate Melee stages, Venom anyone?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Have you thought on making a version of Sector Z using the Great Fox and Arwings models from Lylat Cruise?
Never thought about it, but it's a possibility. I'd have to check if the shape is similar enough anyway, cause I may need to build new collisions for that one.

Like so:
The other day I got my hands on that very version of the stage cause somebody had an issue (there's a waterfall effect coming out at certain ones and I removed that for him), and was thinking about fixing some other thingies, like adding shadows and stuff.

If I could get the original model with the background and all, I'd be more than happy to work on it and make it as accurate as possible, with the original background and no more Rumble Falls assets.

Also, while we're talking about more accurate Melee stages, Venom anyone?
Some months ago I made some progress on the revamp of Venom I got in hands. It's been a long time since the last change though, but this is what it looks like right now:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
The other day I got my hands on that very version of the stage cause somebody had an issue (there's a waterfall effect coming out at certain ones and I removed that for him), and was thinking about fixing some other thingies, like adding shadows and stuff.
Would it be possible to post that stage here? I'd like to have that as well.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Loving the Venom revamp! If I'm guessing right, lighting and polish is most of what needs to be done?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Dodongo's Cavern needs to be a tournament stage. its gimmick is so simple, so original and so well working. Not to mention how well it fits the original level.
Mewtwo's Sky stadium should have semi-solid floor where not moving makes you sink in, eventually KOing you off the bottom.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Would it be possible to post that stage here? I'd like to have that as well.
Sure
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lugtr4hh2cif61m/STGDXSHRINE.pac

Loving the Venom revamp! If I'm guessing right, lighting and polish is most of what needs to be done?
Well, the animation of the background still needs work, and there's more than just lighting, there's also coloring and other details with the background. And I'll probably change the Great Fox with the original Venom one, too.

Dodongo's Cavern needs to be a tournament stage. its gimmick is so simple, so original and so well working. Not to mention how well it fits the original level.
Mewtwo's Sky stadium should have semi-solid floor where not moving makes you sink in, eventually KOing you off the bottom.
There's no way to implement anything like that for the floor :ohwell:

Top Bottom