• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo2000's Stages and Tools

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Hi there. I've been absent for quite a long time.

I wanted to let you know that I've released the PM 3.5 compatible version of cBliss Tool.

For stages, I've barely released anything in this time. I released a Melee All-Star stage (as a replacement for the All-Star rest area, or as a playable stage)

And the free battle areas from Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

And I'm working on some stages when I get time. Recently I've showed this one

Have fun!
*Incomprehensible screams of pure joy and love*

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
*fangirls* I love you!
Do you have a template for the 14 costumes? i vaguely remember you saying the battle portrait files were weird in an old update
No, I mean, I have one but I've not prepared it for release yet. The program lets you go up to 14 with everybody now, but you'd need some extra codes to change the costume slots if you don't want wrong portraits to show, and you'd need a customized set of menu files.

I'll release a pack with all that eventually.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
so even if i don't have a battle portrait past slot 10, i can still use past costume slot 10 and it will just show a wrong portrait? no freeze? i can live with that for now lol

i assume css and results screen portraits just count up how you'd expect them to for the additional slots?

(sorry for so many questions so soon)

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
so even if i don't have a battle portrait past slot 10, i can still use past costume slot 10 and it will just show a wrong portrait? no freeze? i can live with that for now lol

i assume css and results screen portraits just count up how you'd expect them to for the additional slots?

(sorry for so many questions so soon)
I don't think so. If you've been messing around in brawlbox as much as I have, you know that the issue is getting the game to pull up the right portrait without pulling the portrait next in sequential order. For instance: Wario is in file 37 and can have 12 costumes because the file right above him, 38, does not have any portraits and he could just shove his portraits into that file. Mario on the other hand is file 0, and DK is file 1. We want mario to pull out portraits 11, 12, 13, 14, but we put them in separate files where they would show up in the SSE. PROBLEM: how can we get the CSS to pull up the portraits for characters that normally only show up in a completely different part of the game. I believe that is the coding issue he's referring to.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
I'm finally back home from work and can verify that csp and rsp's are very easy to insert and name in common5 and MenSelchrFace. my testing so far was all done with mario and the battle portrait loads one of the first 4 dk portraits but that's not a huge deal to me atm.

One issue i did run into is mario using FitMario11 on 2 of his slots. i tried changing one of them to FitMario04 (the one it skipped over. vbrawl's wario outfit) in the tool, but it wouldn't stay changed. currently working on that to see if i just made a mistake

Edit: it was my mistake. clicked Apply instead of Modify. Works perfectly :)

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
No, I mean, I have one but I've not prepared it for release yet. The program lets you go up to 14 with everybody now, but you'd need some extra codes to change the costume slots if you don't want wrong portraits to show, and you'd need a customized set of menu files.

I'll release a pack with all that eventually.
I'll be waiting for that pack, as it's my main reason for waiting for PM 3.5 cBliss' release!

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
Hey mewtwo2000, I made a updated cbliss windows icon for your cbliss tool instead of the mewtwo head, just to look more official but, if you don't want to use it it's cool, I'd understand completely. I can't upload .ico files so I'll put it in .png format and you can convert it to .ico
cbliss icon.png

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Hey. So I'm trying to do something with the new ASL tool and it's not working properly. I'm not 100% sure if what I'm trying to do is even possible but I want to ask here in case someone has a solution for it.

I am trying to put three stages over a single slot and have it set up to where just selecting the stage with A loads one variation, selecting it while holding L loads the second variation, holding Z loads the third variation, and selecting the stage with START loads one of the three randomly. I tried to do this by setting the Randoms value to 3, then setting the Button Combos to 3 and adjusted those accordingly. A for stage A, L for stage B, and Z for stage C. When I tested this in game, pressing start loaded a random stage as it should but trying the button combinations would always result in it loading stage A even if L or Z were being held.

Is it possible that I may have done something wrong or is one setting overriding another? The stage I'm doing this over is Halberd if that makes any difference.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It's not working because the code has been changed since the previous (non-pm) version in how the button combos are read. Before, if you set up a stage with just the A button, you needed to press only that button. If you pressed anything else, the combo wasn't detected. Now, if you set it up to load with A, every combo you perfom that includes 'A' (like L+A) will be detected as the A button combo.

Maybe you can switch the order of the button combos, so the stage that includes just the A button is the last one in the list. That way, when reading the options, as the L+A and Z+A options would be read first, the selection should take place correctly. I've not tested this, but in theory, it should work. Try it and post the results :shyguy:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you can switch the order of the button combos, so the stage that includes just the A button is the last one in the list. That way, when reading the options, as the L+A and Z+A options would be read first, the selection should take place correctly. I've not tested this, but in theory, it should work. Try it and post the results :shyguy:
This worked but now the tool keeps resetting the random value to 0 which is strange because that wasn't happening earlier and I don't know what could cause that.

Edit: The random value resetting seems to be happening with every stage.

Edit: Now it started working again the code is working exactly as I want it to. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a small issue with the tool. It's worked for me for every stage except for Flat Zone 2. I have one alt, STGGW_Z.pac (and STGGW_en_Z.pac since I'm not sure which one it actually uses) and an appropriate REL file for it (which again I have two copies of with the slight name variation). I've used the tool to apply the ASL to both the stages and modules, but the game won't load the alt stage (it's not even trying to, it just loads Flat Zone 2). I used GW.P and GW_E for stage codes.

This is what it looks like in code:

47572E50 01000000
00400019 00000000
47575F45 01000000
01400019 00000000

Is this an issue with the stage, or maybe with the alt stage I'm trying to load?

EDIT: Just tried some things, it's not the stage file. I have st_gw_Z.rel, STGW_Z.pac, and this code in my GCT for both stage and module:

47575F45 01000000
01400019 00000000

I removed all instances of gw_en_Z. It still won't even try to load the alt. I tried a different alt stage than the one I posted earlier, same results. Any ideas?

Last edited:

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
This is probably a really lame question considering it's probably not a code being used by anyone, but the tool you made for PW's Tracklist Modifier is really confusing. I was able to add the code and get to the tracklist part, but I couldn't find out how to swap any lists.

It's old, yeah, but I thought I'd try it, at least.

RedheadORama

Smash Rookie
I'd be very interested in a Project M build that allowed us to use all 14 costume slots with correct BPs/stocks. I understand you have a real life to attend to, so no rush. I love all these tools and programs, so I just wanted to show some support! Thanks for all you do.

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
I remember you saying somewhere that there's a trick that would fix the battle portrait/stock icon issue when using more than 10 costumes for a character. Is that something you're still working on? Could you give any info on it?

EDIT: I was very annoyed to learn that I couldn't make my last 4 slots team colors :/ I'm assuming this is because of the BP/icon problem. Would it be possible to have your tool use BPs/icons with letters in the names? (so Mario's 11th BP could be numbered 00a or something like that)

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So question regarding costume expansions. Do expanded slots work properly with 3.6b stock icons? I just finished loading up my info.pac with new icons only to find that they're all over the place; some work fine, others load the last "official" icon for a character, some characters do a combination of the two depending on the slots. It's the weirdest thing.

Also along the same lines, are there any known issues with expanded slots? I've set all of mine to 10, aside from those who already had more than that (like Wario), and filled most slots with recolors rather than new models. I've set new CSPs, BPs, stock icons, and RSPs for each costume, but some are still crashing my game (Peach, ZSS, Lucas, and Giga Bowser to name a few). Any idea what's going on there, if it is code-related? These costumes I'm using have been proven to work by other users, and I'm not exactly inexperienced in putting this stuff together, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
For the freezing, try adding individual FitCharacterFinal files (FitPeachFinal07.Pac, etc.) for each character that freezes. I know you need them for Peach but I am uncertain on any other characters.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
For the freezing, try adding individual FitCharacterFinal files (FitPeachFinal07.Pac, etc.) for each character that freezes. I know you need them for Peach but I am uncertain on any other characters.
Thanks man. I'll give that a shot when I get home. I don't believe I ever had to do that in the past though, any other ideas I should investigate while I'm at it?

blerb

Smash Journeyman
That's all I've got for ya, other than the basics.(fitcharacter files causing freezes, files properly named/in proper directories, etc)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
With the ASL Tool I can NOT seem to get the stage select to work with two buttons. For example. My "L button" stages load great and my "Z button" stages load great, but if I check the boxes for both "L" and "Z" in the ASL Tool, when I push those two together in the game, I just get my "L button" stage for that slot! Any tips?

Also, how on earth do some people use so many buttons for alt stage selects? L and Z are about the only things that don't have an alternate use already.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
With the ASL Tool I can NOT seem to get the stage select to work with two buttons. For example. My "L button" stages load great and my "Z button" stages load great, but if I check the boxes for both "L" and "Z" in the ASL Tool, when I push those two together in the game, I just get my "L button" stage for that slot! Any tips?
Did you try changing the OR setting on the bottom right to AND? Not sure if that will solve your problem but it might help.

Juken

Smash Ace
I hope you convince the PMDT to add your Vs. Bowser stage as an alt for the new Bowser's castle. I really love how it transitions between all 3 of those nostalgic levels and the intense music it has.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I hope you convince the PMDT to add your Vs. Bowser stage as an alt for the new Bowser's castle. I really love how it transitions between all 3 of those nostalgic levels and the intense music it has.
I've already got it as my alt! I also have Boswer's Castle from Super Mario RPG as my 2nd alt.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the double post.

I went and tried selecting "AND" instead of "OR" and still no luck... It doesn't work. Am I missing something here? alt 1 is set to "L" alt 2 is "Z" and alt 3 is "Z" and "L". However, when I hold Z and L together, I just get the regular stage. I tested this with all of my alts that have 3.

EDIT: Actually, while having "AND" selected, even holding just "L" simply loads the generic stage. Not even my alt 1!

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
When I use the cbliss tool with Project M 3.6, Gecko OS Tells me:

Codes Error: Too Many Codes
8317 Lines Found, 8189 Lines Allowed

I figure the fix might be to change the gameconfig.txt to allow more lines, but I don't know how to edit it. I changed some values and it only resulted in crashes.

Attachments

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I have the same issue for Flat Zone 1 and Parachute, which I have as L and Z respectively, but Pictochat (chosen with Y), works just fine.
That's so strange. In my case, I'm using the exact same module and stage file I used with 3.6B, and reapplied the code with the tool to both stage and module. Are you doing the same?

EDIT: Looks like the issue might be with the ASL for the module file. Tried a couple different stages with the same results.

EDIT again: Yep it's something with the module code. I swapped my alt and Flat Zone 2 and it still crashes when loading the "alt".

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
When I use the cbliss tool with Project M 3.6, Gecko OS Tells me:

Codes Error: Too Many Codes
8317 Lines Found, 8189 Lines Allowed

I figure the fix might be to change the gameconfig.txt to allow more lines, but I don't know how to edit it. I changed some values and it only resulted in crashes.
Try this gameconfig file.
http://smashboards.com/threads/too-many-codes-issue.408163/#post-19534949

(Somebody needs to make a stickied thread with this file. I see quite a few people having this problem.)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman

(Somebody needs to make a stickied thread with this file. I see quite a few people having this problem.)
I keep hearing that haha. I'm not sure why it's not just included with the cBliss Tool download.
That's so strange. In my case, I'm using the exact same module and stage file I used with 3.6B, and reapplied the code with the tool to both stage and module. Are you doing the same?

EDIT: Looks like the issue might be with the ASL for the module file. Tried a couple different stages with the same results.

EDIT again: Yep it's something with the module code. I swapped my alt and Flat Zone 2 and it still crashes when loading the "alt".
You should make a thread about this in the Bug Report section. They're really paying attention to this stuff right now since 3.6 just came out.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I keep hearing that haha. I'm not sure why it's not just included with the cBliss Tool download.

You should make a thread about this in the Bug Report section. They're really paying attention to this stuff right now since 3.6 just came out.
Eh, I would, but it's not really an official issue.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I mean if it's a broken .rel issue isn't it? Have you found a solution for this yet? I'm moving all my stages over at the moment so I'm curious.
I posted on reddit and Sandfall asked me for more info last night so I'll wait and see what he says.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Thank you so much, this saved me!

I figured out a fix. Remembering that my third alt worked, I just made the first two entries in ASL have blank entries. No checkboxes or anything. Then I just added them to slots 3,4,5 instead of 1,2,3. It works now!

Woah woah woah hold up... Flat Zone 1!? Where'd you get that??
The Brawl Vault, where else?!

Top Bottom