• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
OK so Ness boards agrees that Ness now makes that wooden bat noise when he reflects a projectile. Should that be added...?

Inb4 thinkaman completely disproves this

Last edited:

sheggy

Smash Rookie
What was the original damage output for Dr. Mario's Fair? It says that it is buffed by 1%.
I heard elsewhere that the original is 16 and it was buffed to 17%
I still get 16% testing this out.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just re-tested Pac-Man grab. They grab on the same frame and end on the same frame. It's completely unchanged guys.

Little Mac changes:

KO Punch always takes a step forward during any animation state, midair or otherwise. No more turnaround wind whiffs and aerial buffering needed.
KO Punch now kills everyone 2% earlier
Got full KO Meter at 333% damage dealt as opposed to 334%. Maybe it always filled at 333.5%?
Down angled fsmash does 1% less damage now (from 23% to 22%)
Dsmash sends opponents at a higher angle

Following moves have less knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Full FSmash 45% (from 40%)
Full SL 41% (from 37%)
Fsmash 80% (from 75%)
UFsmash 85% (from 80%)

Following moves have more knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Rising Smash 38% (from 42%)
KO Punch 14% (from 16%) [well KOP in general kills 2% earlier now]
Full Stun Lunge 78% (from 80%)

Unconfirmed:
Dash attack travels less distance
Jolt Haymaker hitbox comes out quicker/increased KB?
I want to say that nair has better trapping qualities but I figure its now the new CPU AI not being godlike.
So I've been hearing lots of inconsistent Mac stuff, and almost all of it has been untrue. I'm putting Mac on hold until the Data comes out, since it's all knockback stuff anyway.

D-smash is definitely unchanged though. It was always 22%.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman which of Lucinas moves are buffed in damage/KB? Does dancing blade connect more consistantly.
Dancing Blade seens the same in every way.

Fair, f-smash, shield-breaker, and iirc the 2nd half of d-smash are very slightly strong, like ~0.4% each or so.

Let's see the side by side data compared to the old version. Where's the video data
Wait, you're demanding evidence beyond methodology? Really?

Yes, I don't actually have a pair of 3DSs testing all this. It's all been a grand ruse! Get rekt, everybody.

Have you always been able to charge smashes with simply the cstick????
Yup! Smash 4 science; helpful for angled f-smashes.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What was the original damage output for Dr. Mario's Fair? It says that it is buffed by 1%.
I heard elsewhere that the original is 16 and it was buffed to 17%
I still get 16% testing this out.
15.68% in 1.0.4

in 1.0.6 it is roughly 16.8%

All of Doc's numbers are really odd, due to the way the game calculates them. He's a special case.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Front page also doesn't have a lot of stuff, for example like sheik Vanish/Bouncing fish killing earlier while dtilt less %.
Is everyone ready for Sheik dittos in grand finals instead of Diddy?

I mean it's at least better than another vanilla diddy winning another national customs tournament and she's more fun to watch.
Are you sure about the bfish and vanish buffs? I brought it up a few pages back and couldn't get a confirmation..

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
15.68% in 1.0.4

All of Doc's numbers are really odd, due to the way the game calculates them. He's a special case.
According to the smash wiki his values are pretty much all Mario's multiplied by 1.12 (even citing your post lol) and I find it odd how they'd deviate from that

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
15.68% in 1.0.4

Yeah, Doc's damage can be really strange because I heard he has a 1.12x damage multiplier?

What's also slightly interesting is that the difference between 1.0.5 forward-aerial and 1.0.6 is... an extra 1.12% in damage. They must like that number.

sheggy

Smash Rookie
15.68% in 1.0.4

May I ask where these decimals come from? Or should I say how do you test for decimal outputs since the game outputs whole numbers. Is it mainly from just digging through the games code?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
So I did a bunch of testing, and I'm pretty sure the Wuhu Island Boat Glitch is removed.

I did a bunch of runs right before updating and got it occasionally (it was pretty difficult to perform).

I then did significantly more runs after the update and couldn't get it a single time. I've tested with various character arrangements (Ness on Wario/Villager and Lucario on Shulk/Captain Falcon) and on various positions and timings.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey, whoever asked about Mega Man Ice Slasher: I forgot to post, but I just went and reconfirmed it's the same. Same distance, travel speed, hitboxes, ect.

Yeah, Doc's damage can be really strange because I heard he has a 1.12x damage multiplier?

What's also slightly interesting is that the difference between 1.0.5 forward-aerial and 1.0.6 is... an extra 1.12% in damage. They must like that number.
So Doc has a unique thing on him, that multiplies all his raw damage by 1.12x.

His code is in general just a copy of Mario's, with a few tweaks to angles such.

All they did was increase the raw damage on fair from 14% to 15%, so the real damage increase from 15.68% to 16.8%.

May I ask where these decimals come from? Or should I say how do you test for decimal outputs since the game outputs whole numbers. Is it mainly from just digging through the games code?
Well, you can see it in the code, but you can also hit with a move multiple times. 2 4.5% moves will do 9%, for example. You can hit with a move 10 times and get a good idea of what the precise value is.

Most moves are even decimals, and most of the few that aren't are halves. Anything more detailed is rare.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I would like to salute Thinkaman for his time and dedication, helping the misguided.
EDIT: as soon as i post this our savior Thinkaman has fallen to the placebo effect....

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Some things I noticed, many of which are probably placebo effect, but:

Besides nerfs, Diddy seems to have more hits on rapid jab (same damage) or more hitstun. Either way it seems harder to escape. His Up-Smash got better linkage like Falco's and seems to connect all three hits better. The opponent didn't once get flung out on hit two when I tested it, even in a slide smash and at high percentages.

Falco's dair definitely seems faster. I can now use it in a short hop as an edgeguard. The landing blow of fair is super strong, has it always been so good? Seems stronger than before. Falco in general feels less laggy somehow, I enjoyed him immensely tonight even though he's been meh previously. Could be placebo. Up Smash links pretty much perfectly.

Same with Zelda. F-Smash, U-Smash, Nair and PS all connect all hits very consistently now. Zelda somehow feels more fluid. Uair definitely seems faster and much easier to land than before. She has to have been buffed somewhere other than F-Smash and PS. Seems like her throws set up better too. Either way, she felt better tonight than before as well.

Ike and Shulk are definitely unchanged. I didn't notice one different thing about them.
Kirby's Hammer Flip seems to have less end lag, in addition to already mentioned buffs like greater d-throw damage and improved Inhale.

Marth's damage seems slightly higher like Lucina's and DB links better. The AI, even with their good DI, still got trapped in it every time.

Palutena seems to have more range on both wing smashes as stated. The windbox at the tip of her wings has been replaced with an extension of her hitbox, it seems. They definitely seem safer overall. Her lag doesn't seem much better, but her grab also seems longer, I believe this has been confirmed.

GW feels the same, except his up-tilt knocks the opponent backwards now. The GW boards mentioned this already. It now sets up into bair instead of nair. Everything else seems the same.

Can confirm Doc's new Up-Smash trajectory as well. Knocks the opponent forward and up sharply.

Didn't really get a chance to test anyone else.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I placebo'd myself.

WFT uair was always 10%, it wasn't nerfed.

I compared it with Deep Breathing on.

I quit. GG.

(@ Shaya Shaya plz fix op)

Last edited:

sheggy

Smash Rookie
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I placebo'd myself.

WFT uair was always 10%, it wasn't nerfed.

I compared it with Deep Breathing on.

I quit. GG.

(@ Shaya Shaya plz fix op)
Dont give up! We understand its stressfull. You're leading the charge in these patch notes. If i had a 3ds as well, I would be attempting to help out. It sucks you dont have too much help with this stuff. We're counting on you!

Esquire

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkSlay
Okay, so here's my results for damage changes in Brawler from last patch to this patch. Note that Brawler was not changed from the release of the game to the first character patch, so there is no need to go two patches backwards. Also, this is for Short/Thin Mii Brawler.

Jab: Same
FTilt: Same
DTilt: Same
UTilt: Same
FSmash: Same
USmash: Same
DSmash: Same
NAir: Same
FAir: 9% -> 7% (nerf) (knockback reduction?)
DAir: Same
BAir: 11% -> 9% (nerf)
UAir: Same
Pummel: Same
FThrow: Same
DThrow: Same
BThrow: Same
UThrow: Same
Shotput: Same
Ultimate Uppercut: Same
Onslaught: Same
Piston Punch: ONE INCH PUNCH TECH HEAVILY NERFED [BUT NOT REMOVED], otherwise the same
Helicopter Kick: Same
Feint Jump (Kick): Same

There are other special moves, but IIRC this covers most, if not all, of the EVO sets.

EDIT: Also tested out my earlier Pit claim, it's confirmed false, my bad.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also, this is for Short/Thin Mii Brawler.

FAir: 9% -> 7% (nerf) (knockback reduction?)
BAir: 11% -> 9% (nerf)
Piston Punch: ONE INCH PUNCH TECH HEAVILY NERFED [BUT NOT REMOVED], otherwise the same
I can confirm these and clarify.

Default size base Mii Brawler stats have been changed:

Fair:
4%+6% -> 3%+5%

Bair:
12% -> 10%

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've now cleaned up a majority of the posts in this thread that had the words "seem" "appear" "think" (without a man at the end) and various other crap.
Also banned some idiots.

Things I spotted that I don't think I put into the OP yet were Megaman leaf shield stuff.
I already fixed wii fit.
Anything else I'm missing atm?

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
I've now cleaned up a majority of the posts in this thread that had the words "seem" "appear" "think" (without a man at the end) and various other crap.
Also banned some idiots.
OT: Wasn't this thing at 28 pages (40 posts/page) before you did that?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco's dair definitely seems faster. I can now use it in a short hop as an edgeguard. The landing blow of fair is super strong, has it always been so good? Seems stronger than before. Falco in general feels less laggy somehow, I enjoyed him immensely tonight even though he's been meh previously. Could be placebo. Up Smash links pretty much perfectly.
Debunked by Thinkaman.
I played around with blaster and could find no changes.

Dair seems unchanged too.
Falco's Dair and Blaster seemed faster with each patch and only in patch 1.0.3 did his Blaster fire faster and slightly from what I remember. The only change aside from maybe running animation that hasn't been confirmed is his Up Smash links better probably due to changes in knockback.

His Utilt 1 has no base knockback and 100 knockback growth and links almost perfectly while his Up Smash 1 has 30 base knockback and 20 knockback growth and another hitbox where it has 80 base knockback and 30 knockback growth. There's also a frame 9 hit - 1 frame after the initial hit - that has 0 base knockback, 100 knockback growth, and 15 weighted knockback. I think one of these screwed up how his Up Smash worked and linked into the second hit or his first hit was completely changed data-wise.

Speaking of which, can someone test if Up Smash only hits once when Falco is below the lower platforms on Battlefield? On Battlefield, Utilt works fine, but Up Smash will hit once and usually with the 4% hit launching people away and leaving Falco to deal with end lag and a stupid launch. My internet is down and I'm stuck using my phone for everything internet... Oh, my data...

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
30. I cleared out like 500 posts.
Manually.
A round of applause for this man's work!

(Serious question, is it possible to put a filter on who can post in this topic based on year and/or post count? It would make both yours and Thinkaman's jobs a lot easier. Us on the character boards can filter out a large portion of the placebos and only bring up the ones that might be serious. Would be a major boon to have in the Lucas update as well.)

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Falco's dair definitely seems faster. I can now use it in a short hop as an edgeguard. The landing blow of fair is super strong, has it always been so good? Seems stronger than before.
Falco's down-aerial was the first thing I checked when the patch was released, but it doesn't appear to be any different with its ~16 frames of start-up. It can easily be used in a short hop, but it just won't auto-cancel and still suffers that painful 26 frames of landing...

The landing hit of forward-aerial was buffed in patch 1.0.4 and it seems the same as that.

It appears that Ganondorf's Utilt is stronger. Maybe not stronger but it definitely has a wider hitbox. I was playing as Ness and tried floating over to Ganon while he was using his Utilt but it hit me in mid-air. Seems unusual to me.
Keep in mind that Ganondorf's up-tilt has always had a very large hitbox that covers a huge area in-front of his foot. It's very deceptive, sort of like Ike's Eruption.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom