• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr

Smash Lord
I tested this first hand with another person, all I mentioned is what now happens.

A Fsmash Marth tipper on edge used to kill at 40%, not 20%.

Also Ness Bthrow and Uair killed much more quickly then they do now.
Numbers. We need numbers so confirmations can be made. Data. Who did you test with? In what mode? With who? What percents for both characters?

Not "I think this is how it is now." Quantifiable evidence.

Kider

Smash Cadet
Zss glide is still there. (Using down air to float horizontally on the screen)

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Numbers. We need numbers so confirmations can be made. Data. Who did you test with? In what mode? With who? What percents for both characters?

Not "I think this is how it is now." Quantifiable evidence.
My OP has percentages for some of it. No rage effect on my end. Otherwise I don't have those numbers.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Can anyone verify if they changed how far the Final Cutter wave/beam goes when Kirby lands?
No change.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman
Are you sure you're not overworking yourself with (un)confirming the changes presented here o.o;
Well, tbqh I am getting wrecked by a headcold the longer I do this...

Been playing pit since wii u launch and 90% of my games are pit.

I've immediately noticed:

1. Up smash hitbox got wider (horizontally) which means i can up smash someone on ground a little further from me and back also. But more towards the front.

2. Down B has a faster start up and same end lag.

Nothing else I've noticed for pit.
Nope, neither of these is true. Deconfirmed.

Pyr

Smash Lord
My OP has percentages for some of it. No rage effect on my end. Otherwise I don't have those numbers.
If I only had some data, I could say that vaccines cause autism. There is a huge difference between having some data and having complete data. Some is unacceptable.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Falcos U-Smash is finally fixed.
Used to whiff the 2nd hit and was seemingly unusable at 100% but now doesn't whiff until 631% (Lmao)

Last edited:

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
If I only had some data, I could say that vaccines cause autism. There is a huge difference between having some data and having complete data. Some is unacceptable.
The sarcasim is certainly something of yours and many others here that could be adjusted.

People attempt to provide the changes they find and without posting your own data to deconfirm you just complain and give back handed comments.

Is the data I provided thorough or complete? Not it is not, I even said that. Will I continue to experiment further and see what I find? Yes, I said that too.

If anything what people are posting is to give someone a direction to go and look and compile some more thorough and complete data based on what players are saying regarding their "mains" or frequently played characters.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I have both versions in front of me, side-by-side. I've been people they are imagining changes they are sure of all day.

You're imagining it.
No dude, I'm like 99% sure that after the patch L cancelling is back, Bowser is gay, Homer Simpson is unlockable, and Oingo Boingo got back together.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Tested Charizard dthrow again, side by side. It is definitely slightly weaker, whether it be kb or trajectory. Damage unchanged. It is only a 3 or 4% difference with no DI.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Do you have before and after damage values for this?
No I dont. So I don't have anything to compare against either. But if someone does they can use this a reference.
I did however reference the previous patch notes that were linked at the bottom of the OP. ONne of the only concrete things I could find was on Shulk, his FTilt supposedly did 13%, but it did 11% as of the patch today.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The sarcasim is certainly something of yours and many others here that could be adjusted.

People attempt to provide the changes they find and without posting your own data to deconfirm you just complain and give back handed comments.

Is the data I provided thorough or complete? Not it is not, I even said that. Will I continue to experiment further and see what I find? Yes, I said that too.

If anything what people are posting is to give someone a direction to go and look and compile some more thorough and complete data based on what players are saying regarding their "mains" or frequently played characters.
If you're going to post a huge list of things that are all untrue without giving any information to us for how you drew those conclusions, with nothing but "feels" and whatnot, you're going to get snark. We would all prefer people posting changes of things they are somewhat certain of, we have people capable of doing definitive tests, if you give them distinct information they can quickly confirm.

Chances are that if something has less start up or end lag than before, the character's respected subforum probably noticed.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also, I haven't noticed any changes to Falcon or Ike. If there were any changes, it was in damage dealt
Nope.

Now Ganon seems like he got some good buffs this time around. First of all that recovery is like double what it used to be (at least I think), and if I'm not mistaken, his Fair seems to have much less start-up lag.
Nope nope.

Can confirm major changes to Lucario. Besides some minor aesthetic alterations, he now disappears during his up-B, reflects projectiles with side-B, and stuns opponents with down-B. Also this might just be a placebo since I didn't play him much, but he seems to have grown a tail which many of his normals now use.
No you noob, that's Pikachu. Deconfirmed.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman does Zelda's dtilt have less KBG, also are her Sweetspots for fair and bair bigger?
I see no changes.

Let me know if I missed anything.

http://hastebin.com/raw/ebojamoqin
Oh dear Lord.

Things I know aren't true:

Bowser
knockback has been increased for most attacks

Bowser Jr.
FSmash: Hitbox size increased

Diddy Kong
Monkey Flip (Kick): Nerfed 14%/12% -> 12%/10%, knockback reduced

Donkey Kong
Neutral A: Is faster
Dair: Is faster and has less landing lag
No, screw it, I'm not doing this. You can take this list of bullcrap from reddit and shred it. Use the front page of this thread, where the information is all accurate and confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Interesting tidbit: when Mewtwo's tail is poking through a stage as he's jumping below it, pretty sure it has a hurtbox.

I just caught it with the startup of a grounded Bowser bomb... :dizzy: Gonna see if I can slow down the video for a frame by frame.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Front page also doesn't have a lot of stuff, for example like sheik Vanish/Bouncing fish killing earlier while dtilt less %.
Is everyone ready for Sheik dittos in grand finals instead of Diddy?

I mean it's at least better than another vanilla diddy winning another national customs tournament and she's more fun to watch.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Front page also doesn't have a lot of stuff, for example like sheik Vanish/Bouncing fish killing earlier while dtilt less %.
Is everyone ready for Sheik dittos in grand finals instead of Diddy?

I mean it's at least better than another vanilla diddy winning another national customs tournament and she's more fun to watch.
More like sheik or rosalina, with zss, luigi and sonic right behind them.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I won't be at home until later tonight, can you confirm if this is true for DK's spinning kong on the ground, or some of Pikachu's moves?
Auto-blocking doesn't appear to kick in for any of Pikachu's moves or DK's grounded Spinning Kong.

It does happen with Yoshi's down-b though. You block the hit while he's falling you have to block the stars too. I don't recall this being the case before.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
B reversing monkey flip to banana peel is pretty fun to watch actually.

Knucklessg1

Smash Rookie
Charizard Up-throws -> f-air can combo from 0-22% without DI.

Last edited:

villager

Smash Rookie
No, screw it, I'm not doing this. You can take this list of bullcrap from reddit and shred it. Use the front page of this thread, where the information is all accurate and confirmed.
You say that and yet you have the confirmed untrue Charizard Up Throw buff up on the front page of this thread.

Last edited:

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
ness's supposed back throw nerf is a myth. i just played like 25 or so matches with ness and its no different

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
You say that yet you have the confirmed untrue Charizard Up Throw buff up on your front page.
Reddit is reporting that the Charizard 8% -> 11% buff is incorrect and deconfirmed.

This is wrong. I can re-confirm that this change is definitely real.
You can keep cross-posting misinformation from other sites, or open up your bloody game and try it.

It does 11% now.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
:4megaman: Leaf shield throw is faster with more endlag. [Thinkaman] (Should be added to OP)

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman - reports of a faster/changed startup for ice slasher or a fractional % damage buff are appearing on the mega man boards. I want to say placebo, since very few people use the move enough to know the original speed, but would like you to deconfirm with side-by-side testing. Thanks.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The glitch where Kirby could float in midair while shooting Dark Pit's bow is now gone (it was already patched out in the 3DS version, but just got patched out on WiiU now)
But Extremely Important: I think they removed the glitch where Kirby would keep his facial expression after jumping out of hitstun while wearing a hat. I haven't tested the "fire kirby" glitch, but I wouldn't be surprised if they removed that as well.
/end post that is better than most of the DUMB PLACEBO POSTS IN THIS THREAD

carlos11

Smash Cadet
I have a question about Pikachu. Was Dthrow's launch trajectory altered? It seems very difficult to follow up with Uair and Fair. Although I suspect this might be due to a change in the CPU use of DI. Also, I've noticed something strange about Fair. When Ido manage to land it out of dthrow, the CPU immediately falls out of it following the first hit. This happens fairly often. I suspect that one of the hits was made independent of the rest, similar to Greninja's Uair, which in turn allows the CPU to fall out of it. This is very odd and very frightening. I'm almost certain I am not imagining this. If one of you pro guys could look into this and (hopefully) deconfirm it, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The glitch where Kirby could float in midair while shooting Dark Pit's bow is now gone (it was already patched out in the 3DS version, but just got patched out on WiiU now)
But Extremely Important: I think they removed the glitch where Kirby would keep his facial expression after jumping out of hitstun while wearing a hat. I haven't tested the "fire kirby" glitch, but I wouldn't be surprised if they removed that as well.
/end post that is better than most of the DUMB PLACEBO POSTS IN THIS THREAD
Aww, but Fire Kirby is hilarious. Wacky, but not game-breaking glitches should stay. :seuss:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We really need a filter in this topic that only allows people with 500+ posts and/or an account a year or older to post in this place.

I think its worth the cost of a handful of legit helpful people we would lose, if it means filtering out 99% of the placebo posts...

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Little Mac changes:

KO Punch always takes a step forward during any animation state, midair or otherwise. No more turnaround wind whiffs and aerial buffering needed.
KO Punch now kills everyone 2% earlier
Got full KO Meter at 333% damage dealt as opposed to 334%. Maybe it always filled at 333.5%?
Down angled fsmash does 1% less damage now (from 23% to 22%)
Dsmash sends opponents at a higher angle

Following moves have less knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Full FSmash 45% (from 40%)
Full SL 41% (from 37%)
Fsmash 80% (from 75%)
UFsmash 85% (from 80%)

Following moves have more knockback - with kill %s on Bowser while 150% rage active
Rising Smash 38% (from 42%)
KO Punch 14% (from 16%) [well KOP in general kills 2% earlier now]
Full Stun Lunge 78% (from 80%)

Unconfirmed:
Dash attack travels less distance
Jolt Haymaker hitbox comes out quicker/increased KB?
I want to say that nair has better trapping qualities but I figure its now the new CPU AI not being godlike.

Last edited:

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
We really need a filter in this topic that only allows people with 500+ posts and/or an account a year or older to post in this place.

I think its worth the cost of a handful of legit helpful people we would lose, if it means filtering out 99% of the placebo posts...
As a smash apprentice that's only been here for like 2 months, I second that

D

Deleted member

I can't really report anything for G&W besides the new up-tilt angle. He's still weak... as always. :urg:

On a semi-unrelated note, do you guys think we'll get another balance patch when Lucas is released?

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I've noticed a lot of people saying that multi-hit moves in general link better. I don't know if this is true or if it's even possible to test, but it would help Zelda and DHD considerably.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman which of Lucinas moves are buffed in damage/KB? Does dancing blade connect more consistantly.
Hello, Not-Thinkaman here, Luci's Side Smash and Shield Breaker were buffed. Those are the only moves I remember, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom