• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The reason I asked was because I was by FAR the most active poster on the DK boards and I took care of it because I wanted to be the best DK and show people how boss DK was. We had NO mod for over a year and a half. spam went unchecked and no one bothered. so I asked if I could mod.

weeks go by with no response so I just stopped caring also. eventually S2 and scabe came together and became the mods for some reason.

it was a spit in the face to me

Edit @ tuesday: I feel as though its impossible for me to become a mod now anyways. I got 5 infractions because of Jebus threads. I'm 1 point off from being banned currently

Thino

Smash Master
I assume there was a troll account from the post and quotes.

This is what happens when the community is exposed to the public, I propose next there is a change of ruleset like that, maybe it's better to keep quiet about it like the other ones.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I assume there was a troll account from the post and quotes.

This is what happens when the community is exposed to the public, I propose next there is a change of ruleset like that, maybe it's better to keep quiet about it like the other ones.
It's kind of a double-edged sword, Thino. The community kind of needs the exposure.

Not saying I disagree entirely, but needs drive when the Devil's knocking at your door.

Edit: I'm not surprised Auspher isn't a mod already. Quite audacious of him coming into threads and telling people to "knock it off or else."

*shrugs.* Indeed. Mod material right there.

Smooth Criminal

Thino

Smash Master
It's kind of a double-edged sword, Thino. The community kind of needs the exposure.

Not saying I disagree entirely, but needs drive when the Devil's knocking at your door.

Smooth Criminal
We know roughly how the rest of the gaming community sees us, that is already a plus.

We know the more they see us adding rules to our ruleset, the more they think we have less fun and take the game more seriously.

If we really want more exposure, lets expose the good sides , like HYPE for stream monsters and Youtubers for example.

But ruleset changes.. I mean we know they see it negatively in general.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^^
To this post and many others: Why are we still trying to make it so smash is seen differently? I know peoples opinions of smash. I have been to enough forums and enough places on the inter/under net/web that smash bros is considered to be a joke by a large amount of people.
Smash had its chance, take MLG back in melee and MLG back for Brawl. We (specifically some people) blew it for Brawl's chance. Why should we care about people who have never listened to our community/take anything our community says as a joke?

If people wish to host tournaments with MK available, let them. If people want to play with items and many different stages, let them. This was a community decision and what the community said goes.

There is no need for mass exposure when we have seen countless times what happens when we expose anything in the melee/brawl community.

Thino

Smash Master
^^^^
To this post and many others: Why are we still trying to make it so smash is seen differently? I know peoples opinions of smash. I have been to enough forums and enough places on the inter/under net/web that smash bros is considered to be a joke by a large amount of people.
Smash had its chance, take MLG back in melee and MLG back for Brawl. We (specifically some people) blew it for Brawl's chance. Why should we care about people who have never listened to our community/take anything our community says as a joke?

If people wish to host tournaments with MK available, let them. If people want to play with items and many different stages, let them. This was a community decision and what the community said goes.

There is no need for mass exposure when we have seen countless times what happens when we expose anything in the melee/brawl community.
Because people seem to think that "recruitment" is a problem.

Should we influence casual players into making them interested in competitive play or should we let them take the decision of whether they're attracted to competitive play or not?

I don't think recruitment is that much of a problem personally

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Mass exposure to smash only really happens every time a smash game is released. Right now the community is suffering from a lack of new players but once the new game comes out, there'll be a big wave of players coming in (and not only for Smash 4 but maybe also for Melee and Brawl).

NNID
MasterHavik
But guys....who here thinks the next Smash game will be any good? Did you guys forget there is a certain Japanese guy that is making it his goal to take a huge number 2 on us and laugh about it? I mean he wants to make sure his game is only played at birthdays parties and conventions. He doesn't care for EVO or MLG. He wants to make sure he is appealing to the babies. Even though same babies love high level smash play. Well, I don't know about the current generation of babies. But when I was in grade school high level melee was better than watching football, basketball, and baseball combine.

the only way I see Smash returning to its glory days is that Nintendo hires our top smash players to work on the game, Capcom( Who believe our game can be played at a high level), Arc system works, and Namco guys.

NNID
MasterHavik
Even if it is coming out on the Wii U, which Nintendo stated it would be geared more to the hardcore crowd.

/derp
Define hardcore the Nintendo way sir. Here's how I think hardcore to them is.....

-Do the same crap our fanboys grew up with to please them.
-Remake one of the old games to make them happy.

What will be smash?

Well, it will be the smash game with all our favorite characters from all over, but tripping will happen more often. I mean Nintendo has no idea what a competitive fighting game should look like.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hardcore to them means unbeatable without stickers

Doc King

Smash Lord
But guys....who here thinks the next Smash game will be any good? Did you guys forget there is a certain Japanese guy that is making it his goal to take a huge number 2 on us and laugh about it? I mean he wants to make sure his game is only played at birthdays parties and conventions. He doesn't care for EVO or MLG. He wants to make sure he is appealing to the babies. Even though same babies love high level smash play. Well, I don't know about the current generation of babies. But when I was in grade school high level melee was better than watching football, basketball, and baseball combine.

the only way I see Smash returning to its glory days is that Nintendo hires our top smash players to work on the game, Capcom( Who believe our game can be played at a high level), Arc system works, and Namco guys.
I really hope that this will end up good. You can be kind of right about the Capcom thing. It seems like Nintendo doesn't listen to Capcoms advices and stuff.

The thing that I really find odd is how they say stuff like "People should try different ways of playing" when yet they try to make Smash uncompetitive. I don't why Nintendo can't make it both a competitive and a casual party game like they did for Melee.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I guess it'd be a bad time to mention they stated they were thinking/confirmed that uh...well....
Smash 4 is gonna have custom fighters.
Yep....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I guess it'd be a bad time to mention they stated they were thinking/confirmed that uh...well....
Yep....
nothing is confirmed except that sakurai is in charge of the project. nothing else has even been started on

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174416p1.html
In this interview and in others, although it's not out right stated, a lot of reviewers and interviewers are latching onto the emphasis he places on making each person's playthrough on the handheld version a 'personal one', and it's stated they're going to both interact with each other.
How would YOU make a fighting game personal, if not with customized characters...?
I admit, it's not set in stone...but the way he keeps/kept emphasizing a 'personal-ness', as it were, being the key thing he wants to develop for the new smash bros....You can't really get 'personal' if you're playing a 'pre made character' so to speak....

Thino

Smash Master
>Tournament venues for SSB4
>Classic Controller+Wiimotes+Wii-U close to each other everywhere

Let me tell you guys, the future of competitive Smash isn't too bright regardless of rulesets, unless we stick to Melee and Brawl

Ghostbone

Smash Master
>Tournament venues for SSB4
>Classic Controller+Wiimotes+Wii-U close to each other everywhere

Let me tell you guys, the future of competitive Smash isn't too bright regardless of rulesets, unless we stick to Melee and Brawl
Wireless controllers may kill competitive smash, which would be terrible :/

Flayl

Smash Hero
Nah, people would have to bring extra tournament "furniture" - boxes with aluminum foils on the inside with only 1 face open and holes for cords on the other

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
or someone might manage to get a USB controller hack going on for the WiiU (or nintendo will realize their folly and make a usb controller compatibility)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yep....
Soul Edge (1997 on the PSX) had customizable fighters. Guess what people did: They used the default ones.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sakurai made melee to be competitive. I'm pretty sure he knows what a competitive game looks like then. Especially after we've had articles of him studying SF and how their mechanics work so he can apply it to SSB4.

Only major problem I'm seeing atm is lack of GCC :/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
GCC isn't what we need. We can go to a whole knew control scheme, I just want a wired controller. Hell I'll play on an arcade stick just as long as I can be wired.

Croi

Smash Lord
Maybe jacks similar to the ones on the bottom of the Wiimote on the system, for classic controllers? Kills two birds with one stone. But that's wishful thinking.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Who the hell spreads those rumor about stuff breaking or not working? My CC has fallen like a billion times and it feels like nothing is gonna break it. It's invincible.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Who the hell spreads those rumor about stuff breaking or not working? My CC has fallen like a billion times and it feels like nothing is gonna break it. It's invincible.
I fully agree

The only thing that has broken to an extent is my Wii's Optic sensor (that glitch that causes freezing) but my Wii was bought the day it came out and I could always fix it by sending it to Nintendo (YAY procrastination)

My gamecube still works perfectly and I have a controller from the day the cube came out that works perfectly as well.

If there is anything Nintendo does right, it is making it so their products last forever.

Irwyn (Johnatan)

Smash Rookie
Nintendo stuff doesn't break easily, true facts.
True facts [2]. My Gamecube Controller is 7 years old, and the only thing that broke was the A Button, cause I pressed it really hard and fast at games like Star Fox Assault (Strenght Test) and Mario Party games. Still, I was able to replace the A button, so I don't needed to buy another one. Guess what? It's still the controller I use for playing Brawl. And yes, it has fell on the floor over 9000 times, I remember being a troublesome kid with my videogames. So much time has passed... I am 16 and I already feel a little old =/

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Soul Edge (1997 on the PSX) had customizable fighters. Guess what people did: They used the default ones.
Really? I know SC3, 4, and (potentially) 5 have customizable...but I didnt know SE did....Did SC1? (I own SC2. I know IT doesnt....god I love 2...)

GCC isn't what we need. We can go to a whole knew control scheme, I just want a wired controller. Hell I'll play on an arcade stick just as long as I can be wired.
This. This so bad.
Don't classic controllers break easy?
Meh. My bros isnt broken, but he never rages and barely uses it (hehe....if I didn't have 'it' there, this sentence would have a VERY different meaning hehe)
It's still the controller I use for playing Brawl. And yes, it has fell on the floor over 9000 times, I remember being a troublesome kid with my videogames. So much time has passed... I am 16 and I already feel a little old =/
Thanks. I'm 18, and I remember playing 64 in kindergarten. Thank you for making me, and all those older than me, feel older than dirt...Cause we're not already doing that enough as is....>.<
----------
GC controllers are HARD to break, not impossible. If you intentionally set out to break it, it will break. One of my friends, who isn't allowed over anymore, has broken 3....or 4....Cant remember if he's broken 2 of his or 3 of his, but I know he broke one of my first gen controllers :( (He apologized, said he'd buy me a brand new one. Almost a month later, he gave me one of his old ones that 'stopped working'. he had 'taken it apart, fixed it, and put it back together'. Granted, its in 'better' shape than my other one, but still...I really want a brand new one >.<)
He has
*swung it on the ground while holding onto the wire ala a flail
*slammed his fist onto the control stick at an angle multiple times while angry (eventually breaking said stick. Rest of the controller worked...until he decided he may as well 'make it complete' and broke it all the way....after raging a few more times cause whenever he got it to temporarily worked, it eventually stopped...) Fun fact - He cut the right side of his hand on the stick.
*Done other things...to other controllers....my memory escapes me atm regarding what...
I've got one of the controllers in my room right now, it's a silver. I plan to buy a black controller, and take off the back cover and take the unbroken back half of the silver controller, put it on the black, and identify my controller that way rather than tape....Oh, and beyond mine and his first one, every other controller was new. Yes, he had rage problems. But still, my point stands :p.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My GC controller came with a Gamecube console about when it was released. I switched to a new controller during summer since the left spring was a little broken so I couldn't lightshield. That all after like 10 or so years?

Thino

Smash Master
I join the bandwagon saying that Nintendo stuff is ROCK SOLID

My Gamecube and my GC controllers are real warriors and went thru a lot of things

falling over, heat, liquids even..

We should worry about our wires

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
My 9-year-old gamecube works perfectly today, but three of my four controllers have defects:

One has lost the pads to both joysticks
One has sticky Z, L, and R buttons
One has the main joystick permanently jammed in the up position

The fourth one used to have sticky Y and X buttons, but somehow they managed to fix themselves over a period of six months.... lol

Life

Smash Hero
Regarding GC controllers, I only have one good one left, the rest I played too much and the control sticks are getting out of whack (by which I mean they'd suddenly recalibrate slightly, specifically they'd get pushed down a hair and be constantly tilting upwards, making character selection stupid and anything involving tapping upwards even stupider). I have a friend with some VERY good ones she didn't use often but I was unable to get her to part with any.

New rule: MK has to play with one of my broken controllers. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom