• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
so basically MK got banned more because it was boring to see him at top spot in most tournament than his tornado?

I think that the more people keep saying the game will die, the more they're adding to the utter relevance of the game in their lives, because it's still being discussed.

Of course it's going to die.

But not if we keep discussing it and playing it :awesome: So who can say when? No one.
I agree. You guys are obviously still keeping it alive, talking in the subforum of the game.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
It was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. Whether it was the release
of Smash 4, or the ban on MK, doesn't matter. We are a self destructive communtiy.
Yes, it was bound to happen but it could of being delayed if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
With scrub mentality yes, and that can be a good thing. People wont be so discouraged to use low tier characters, and their meta game can grow.
Ok.

:urg:

John#'s Charts proves this wrong.

We're the fools but that's why you secondary MK like a lot of successful players do?

Wheres your proof?
The strongest namesearch.

No, it'll kill your game. You make it sound like you're incapable of moving the cursor to a character that isn't MK and learning them. I too secondaried MK but it's only because he covered my bad match-ups flawlessly.

TL;DR

Calm the **** down and shut the **** up. It ain't that serious.
Well if i were to be a MK main and i got my character banned after all my work on that character to get good , how would I feel?

so what if a player that used to main MK picks up a low tier?

PARADOX MODE, ACTIVATE!
Low probability on that.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Part of why. So yes, on top of his tornado, lack of diversity IS a bad thing. It stales the game. All the effort put in one single character could be put on other unexplored characters. And will happen now.
I sorta agree and disagree with this statement. MVC2 went along nicely for 10 years with 90% of people choosing Magneto, Sentinel, and Storm.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^ And I personally don't enjoy MvC2 for that reason :p

Gambe17 said:
Well if i were to be a MK main and i got my character banned after all my work on that character to get good , how would I feel?
Tough luck. Not only that, but learning a character that requires actual work. I can imagine how MK mains feel.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
DK will be okay with more Olimars putting DDD in his place.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DKs oddly enough have a winning record against DDD players

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
arguing to determine which decision was objectively "right" is stupid.

Meta Knight was rly obviously a degenerate character. if you were to mathematically "solve" ssbb then he would almost certainly be the character to pick vs. almost every other character in a vacuum. i don't know how japan keeps MK from the same level of degeneracy as he has reached in amurricuh, maybe it's like with O. Sagat in SF2T and their top players mostly don't pick him out of honor and respect for each other. So basically what MK does is reduce the number of choices to be made in order to win (first, pick meta knight). His moves are the same way. MK is so good and fast that in many situations there is a truly "correct" decision - nigh unpunishable tornado, broken dsmash and shuttle loop etc.

it comes down to your belief in what makes a game good. obviously smash bros brawl falls a little flat when it comes to game design, and had MK simply not been included it would have been a better game IMO. now, though, it'll obviously bother a lot of people that they just can't pick the coolest character in the kirby franchise.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
^ And I personally don't enjoy MvC2 for that reason :p

Tough luck. Not only that, but learning a character that requires actual work. I can imagine how MK mains feel.
I wished they banned jigglypuff or kirby to see how'd you feel; then I would be there to tell you "Tough Luck".

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think Gambe planned the day MK was going to be banned since the day he signed up in 2008. Because having only 40 posts within 2 years of joining is pretty suspicious.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Gambe17 said:
I wished they banned jigglypuff or kirby to see how'd you feel; then I would be there to tell you "Tough Luck".
I don't play Kirby in 64, and don't play Jiggs in Melee. I'm more of a mid-to-low guy, personally.

If Brawl Jiggs WAS broken, I'd 100% support her banning.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Why are people arguing with people that barely spend any time contributing to the community, they just lurk until something like this happens and then expect their opinions to be taken seriously when they can't even do some research themselves.

Seriously, that's all the last dozen pages have been about is arguing with people like this.

We should be happy and talking amongst each other how awesome this, not paying attention to meaningless stuff. Show your support...

Javon89

Smash Ace
arguing to determine which decision was objectively "right" is stupid.

Meta Knight was rly obviously a degenerate character. if you were to mathematically "solve" ssbb then he would almost certainly be the character to pick vs. almost every other character in a vacuum. i don't know how japan keeps MK from the same level of degeneracy as he has reached in amurricuh, maybe it's like with O. Sagat in SF2T and their top players mostly don't pick him out of honor and respect for each other. So basically what MK does is reduce the number of choices to be made in order to win (first, pick meta knight). His moves are the same way. MK is so good and fast that in many situations there is a truly "correct" decision - nigh unpunishable tornado, broken dsmash and shuttle loop etc.

it comes down to your belief in what makes a game good. obviously smash bros brawl falls a little flat when it comes to game design, and had MK simply not been included it would have been a better game IMO. now, though, it'll obviously bother a lot of people that they just can't pick the coolest character in the kirby franchise.
Maybe if Sakurai gave a rat's a** about competitive people and Nintendo actually updating their games then the game would be great.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yea but think again, when do they use their low tiers? Oh! I think they use them in pools vs scrubs.

they use them in bracket. kinda dumb of you to argue with me over this considering I oversee ALL tournament result threads and I monitor character use.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if Sakurai gave a rat's a** about competitive people and Nintendo actually updating their games then the game would be great.
We should mass email Sakurai and try to get him to patch Brawl once (since they are just finishing Kid Icarus and working with the Brawl engine for the next smash anyway) just to make MK less broken.

Also take out tripping.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why are people arguing with people that barely spend any time contributing to the community, they just lurk until something like this happens and then expect their opinions to be taken seriously when they can't even do some research themselves.

Seriously, that's all the last dozen pages have been about is arguing with people like this.

We should be happy and talking amongst each other how awesome this, not paying attention to meaningless stuff. Show your support...
This is true.

Wrong. Melee was actually made to be a competitive fighter. Read Sakurai's article about it.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace

I'm an insignificant guy compared to the renowned ones, and sometimes people can surprise you with what they have to offer-- notion wise. Of course, you are correct when it comes to the obvious though. Just sometimes, you'd be surprised, IMO.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We should mass email Sakurai and try to get him to patch Brawl once (since they are just finishing Kid Icarus and working with the Brawl engine for the next smash anyway) just to make MK less broken.

Also take out tripping.
they can't patch brawl. there have been articles on why they literally can't

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
That's why SmashStack will work forever.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The only thing I'm surprised is how calmly people like gambe or jebus troll other users into a back and forth discussion that accomplishes nothing except getting people to post like 8 times a minute lmao wtf.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
The only thing I'm surprised is how calmly people like gambe or jebus troll other users into a back and forth discussion that accomplishes nothing except getting people to post like 8 times a minute lmao wtf.
That's because there is a chemistry to it.

One side wants to be right.

The other side know they are right, but just cannot stand it when somebody thinks they are right when they are clearly in a land far away from reality.

Javon89

Smash Ace
This is true.

Wrong. Melee was actually made to be a competitive fighter. Read Sakurai's article about it.
In respect to your point, still brings up the fact that if Sakurai made Brawl competitive, it would've been better for us. Otherwise, we wouldn't have silly things like tripping for instance and certain characters with lots of priority, better frame data, and other attributes that make them broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom