• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Meh, honestly it doesn't really matter what other communities think, let's just stop focusing on their elitist ways. I think the question here is what will happen to our community if one of the biggest factors in the meta-game is gone: will we die off, or will things become much better.

IMO I think Snake or Marth is going rise over Diddy
We will die off.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Umm fair maybe but diverse nahhhh, your about to see the same players winning it all with a lot of the same characters like falco, wario, marth, ice climbers etc. theres not gonna be character diversity at all, it will all still be the same the same people will win.

Why don't you just get better so you don't have to complain so much? It's not like MK is invincible.
a lot of more characters that don't make much money now= more diverse

are you ********?
don't count on it.
YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID IT WOULD HAPPEN!!!!

/caps

and yes, it's 7-3

there you go. have fun getting out of that

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Wow, only took you guys three years to notice how hopelessly broken MK is! Now get to work on allowing a list of unbroken items.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
If the community really worked with what they had, they wouldn't have banned items and a whole bunch of other stages outright without testing. We probably wouldn't even be having this thread right now or any of the other problems we face now. To each his own I guess, this is about MK.

Aside from this though, I hope for this community's sake that something good comes out of this. Banning MK might unleash a new evil that will kill the game all together and I'm sure nobody wants that.
I believe people not being in control with their own bias is what is hurting the community more than anything. Too many insults, groundless accusations, and empty claims raining down upon the this battle for order.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Gambe17 said:
We will die off.
Only you, MK players. But yes, you're quite a lot (that's part of why he was banned, go figure).

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
If the community really worked with what they had, they wouldn't have banned items and a whole bunch of other stages outright without testing. We probably wouldn't even be having this thread right now or any of the other problems we face now. To each his own I guess, this is about MK.

Aside from this though, I hope for this community's sake that something good comes out of this. Banning MK might unleash a new evil that will kill the game all together and I'm sure nobody wants that.
This WILL kill the game as we know it.

Hive

Smash Lord
The URC made a difficult decision so there's bound to be people who agree and disagree with it, but people should at least understand WHY it was made. It has the best intention of the community behind it, afterall its the community who overwhelmingly fought for the mk ban (community votes, URC decisions, BBR decision, mk winnings data etc...) not the URC, the URC is just the one who responded to your desires (after careful deliberation). The whole point is to try to make a ruleset that the community can agree on and can start to form a coherent ruleset across regions for comparison and to give smash some level of structure. I think the people who run these tournaments have a solid view on what will promote attendance and how to structure rulesets to promote community, but even if they aren't your ideal choice, they are the only ones at this point capable of giving smash this sort of benefit. Maybe the BBR should have. But they DIDN'T. They pretty much squandered any opportunity they had. Maybe the top players should have united and tried to help your community. But they DIDN'T. Three years later the URC are the only ones trying to do anything. Despite what you think about metaknight the unity ruleset is still the best tool for forming a unified scene like other fighting games, and possibly show that you have what it takes to be a part of more professional tournament organization (like MLG).

Chuee

Smash Hero

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I love items.

But only on 4-plater FFAs with all stages on. It's absurdly fun.

Javon89

Smash Ace
We will die off.
Probably, but I feel like this ban is kinda weird to me. As much as pro ban as I am, and hating comparing other games, I don't think MK is that broken to banned as per say, Akuma in SSF2T or Gill from 3rd Strike. Akuma was so broken because he was in a game he literally not built for, and Gill can kill you in 2 to 3 combos.

I'm surprised we had to resort to this after 3 years.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Items are turnable on or off

They used to be on for melee but got turned off. (memory could be wrong) This just carried over from melee like the timer and stock.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Probably, but I feel like this ban is kinda weird to me. As much as pro ban as I am, and hating comparing other games, I don't think MK is that broken to banned as per say, Akuma in SSF2T or Gill from 3rd Strike. Akuma was so broken because he was in a game he literally not built for, and Gill can kill you in 2 to 3 combos.

I'm surprised we had to resort to this after 3 years.
Which brings me to deduct that MK isn't as broken as many think if this took 3 long stinking years for it to happen.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I was going to say "all Smashers could learn from the Mario mains, they're always positive and hard working". And then I noticed Javon89 is a Mario main :D

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
there you go. have fun getting out of that
sure sure there will be more low tier diversity, not that it will matter anyways since the same players will continue to win, while you low tier fools actually think mk being banned will allow you to earn money easierly.

Javon89

Smash Ace
sure sure there will be more low tier diversity, not that it will matter anyways since the same players will continue to win, while you ow tier fools actually think mk being banned will allow you to earn money easierly.
With scrub mentality yes, and that can be a good thing. People wont be so discouraged to use low tier characters, and their meta game can grow.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Gambe17 said:
sure sure there will be more low tier diversity, not that it will matter anyways since the same players will continue to win, while you ow tier fools actually think mk being banned will allow you to earn money easierly.
No, it's MK mains that care the most about money. I don't think Jiggs will suddenly skyrocket to 1st place now, but it'll be more fair to us. Especially if Diddy and the ICs become more common. It's all about fairness and diversity, which equals more fun.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

:urg:

John#'s Charts proves this wrong.

We're the fools but that's why you secondary MK like a lot of successful players do?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You are forgetting that MK also used to have bad MUs
The strongest namesearch.

This WILL kill the game as we know it.
No, it'll kill your game. You make it sound like you're incapable of moving the cursor to a character that isn't MK and learning them. I too secondaried MK but it's only because he covered my bad match-ups flawlessly.

TL;DR

Calm the **** down and shut the **** up. It ain't that serious.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sure sure there will be more low tier diversity, not that it will matter anyways since the same players will continue to win, while you low tier fools actually think mk being banned will allow you to earn money easierly.

so what if a player that used to main MK picks up a low tier?

PARADOX MODE, ACTIVATE!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I think that the more people keep saying the game will die, the more they're adding to the utter relevance of the game in their lives, because it's still being discussed.

Of course it's going to die.

But not if we keep discussing it and playing it :awesome: So who can say when? No one.

Thino

Smash Master
No, it's MK mains that care the most about money. I don't think Jiggs will suddenly skyrocket to 1st place now, but it'll be more fair to us. Especially if Diddy and the ICs become more common. It's all about fairness and diversity, which equals more fun.
so basically MK got banned more because it was boring to see him at top spot in most tournament than his tornado?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
so basically MK got banned more because it was boring to see him at top spot in most tournament than his tornado?
Part of why. So yes, on top of his tornado, lack of diversity IS a bad thing. It stales the game. All the effort put in one single character could be put on other unexplored characters. And will happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom